Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2015, 15:34   #10171
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

My 2012-Aug Figo TDCi with 58K on ODO is still running on stock battery and stock Appollo Acelere tyres. Doesnt come to life in first crank in the morning recently. Also seeing the 'water in fuel' warning and 'ABS' warning light glow for few seconds after engine comes to life. SA says nothing to worry as it doesnt stay ON during driving. Anyways time to change the battery i think and see if it resolves the problem. Or an ECU upgrade/reset.
Old 15th October 2015, 16:02   #10172
BHPian

Hi BHPians, request if any of you could guide me through with your suggestions.

About a month ago precisely on 11th Sep'15, my Yellow Ford Figo Titanium met with a minor accident. A Tempo / Good Container scraped the driver side door leaving a foot-long scrape mark, minor dent, damaging the Right ORVM and the small indicator lamp on the right side just below the ORVM. The accident happened at the peak hour of evening traffic. After a whole lot of drama with the bunch of people from the tempo driver's side reaching the spot and me left alone with wife and kid, reluctantly without much choice had to let go of the situation!!! :(

That weekend I had to leave out of India on a work assignment only to return back after little over a month now. Request your suggestion or advice with the following:

1. Since its been over a month now that the incident has occurred, can I still claim insurance? Please note I have not lodged a police complaint.

2. Should I get it repaired at a Ford Authorized Service Center or would you recommend any other vendor?

3. If its a Ford Authorized Service Center or a 3rd party vendor - can you please recommend a trusted service center / vendor? (may be close to Hebbal, Yeshwanthpur, Banaswadi?)

Hoping for some valuable suggestions from you folks.

Last edited by si1ver0ne : 15th October 2015 at 16:04. Reason: spelling correction
Old 15th October 2015, 16:51   #10173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by si1ver0ne View Post
About a month ago precisely on 11th Sep'15, my Yellow Ford Figo Titanium met with a minor accident. A Tempo / Good Container scraped the driver side door leaving a foot-long scrape mark, minor dent, damaging the Right ORVM and the small indicator lamp on the right side just below the ORVM.

1. Since its been over a month now that the incident has occurred, can I still claim insurance? Please note I have not lodged a police complaint.

2. Should I get it repaired at a Ford Authorized Service Center or would you recommend any other vendor?

3. If its a Ford Authorized Service Center or a 3rd party vendor - can you please recommend a trusted service center / vendor? (may be close to Hebbal, Yeshwanthpur, Banaswadi?)

1. When my Figo was about a year old, some miserable oik (like a Sumo or Tavera I think) scraped my rear door while it was parked on the street and disappeared. I claimed insurance for the repair even though I got the car fixed about 2 months after the incident. So no harm trying - it all depends on the SA, the Insurance Company and the surveyor. I did not lodge a police complaint.

2. I would sincerely recommend the A.S.S., since your car is still fairly new. I think it is still under warranty?

3. Metro Ford has workshops in Yeshwantpur and in Lingarajpuram. Although, I think their body shop is in Hesaraghatta.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 15th October 2015 at 16:54. Reason: grammar
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 09:04   #10174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
2. I would sincerely recommend the A.S.S., since your car is still fairly new. I think it is still under warranty?

3. Metro Ford has workshops in Yeshwantpur and in Lingarajpuram. Although, I think their body shop is in Hesaraghatta.
Thanks KiloAlpha, Hesaraghatta would also be closer to where I stay (Vidyaranyapura/Thindlu)! However, will check with Metro Ford St. Mark's Road branch as that is where I bought the car and have been regularly giving there for service as well.

Have any of you got your Figo bodywork / repairs done at Metro Ford St. Mark's Road? Any feedback or experience that you can share please?
Old 16th October 2015, 09:51   #10175
Senior - BHPian

One noob question: how difficult is it to remove the rear parcel tray in the Figo? I'm asking because it is obstructing some luggage pieces, and I'm planning a long drive to Bangalore this evening.
Old 16th October 2015, 10:17   #10176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
One noob question: how difficult is it to remove the rear parcel tray in the Figo? I'm asking because it is obstructing some luggage pieces, and I'm planning a long drive to Bangalore this evening.
It's a 10-second job Venu sir. Just unplug the wires that hold up the tray to the boot door and slide out the tray from the hinges. It's child's play.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 11:01   #10177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
It's a 10-second job Venu sir. Just unplug the wires that hold up the tray to the boot door and slide out the tray from the hinges. It's child's play.
Many thanks, Jaygopal. I've never done that, hence my worry. I do know how to unplug the wires, but it was the sliding part that I haven't done so far.
So do you mean to say that I should hold up the rear part of the tray and push it upwards towards the boot door and then slide it out? Or do I need to push up the whole tray upwards instead, and then slide it out?
Old 16th October 2015, 11:41   #10178
BHPian

Quote:
Many thanks, Jaygopal. I've never done that, hence my worry. I do know how to unplug the wires, but it was the sliding part that I haven't done so far.
So do you mean to say that I should hold up the rear part of the tray and push it upwards towards the boot door and then slide it out? Or do I need to push up the whole tray upwards instead, and then slide it out?
Yeah, unhook the wires and just push the tray up from below at both the sides where it is hinged. The tray will pop out from the U-shaped latches.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 14:28   #10179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That weekend I had to leave out of India on a work assignment only to return back after little over a month now. Request your suggestion or advice with the following:

I believe you need to claim within 3 months of the accident. please confirm with your insurance agency once about it before leaving. Normally the insurance company will recommend the agency. Since you are claiming its preferable to goto a Ford agency only.

Quote:
It is as simple as it can get. Just pull the string plugs from hatch door and pull the shelf towards you. You will feel a tug as it comes out, just lift it from the hinge side and its set. Removing the shelf really improves the luggage carrying capacity since you are not height constrained. In the past I have done wkend trips with family of 4 and a child pram all with just shelf removed.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 16:35   #10180
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks KiloAlpha, Hesaraghatta would also be closer to where I stay (Vidyaranyapura/Thindlu)! However, will check with Metro Ford St. Mark's Road branch as that is where I bought the car and have been regularly giving there for service as well.

Have any of you got your Figo bodywork / repairs done at Metro Ford St. Mark's Road? Any feedback or experience that you can share please?
The body shop for Metro Ford is at the hesaraghatta branch.So you would drop the car at St Marks Road, you will be given an estimate and then the car would be repaired at the body shop. Quality of work that I have seen is good.
Old 19th October 2015, 11:14   #10181

Hi BHPians,
I own a 3 month old Ford Figo TDCI Titanium - panther black, which just finished first 2500 km free service at Chennai Ford. I had a few complaints which I asked them at time of service but was shot down saying it is the expected behavior, and that the vehicle is working as designed. I had to let go of my doubts since I did not have any counter argument to talk further. So just bouncing off my questions on this wall to see what you guys think of them.

1. When neutral-idling, the engine seems to choke up and vehicle shudders momentarily sometimes. I seem to experience this at least once or twice a week.
>>Ford Service Response: This is normal, happens due to AC compressor switching on and off.

2. I had gone to 3M to get an underbody rust treatment done within 2 weeks of purchase when I noticed that the arms connecting the wheel to the front axle seemed to have rusted completely brown. I took my car back to Chennai ford and asked if it needs to be replaced under warranty.
>>Ford Service Response: This is made of same metal as the brake disks, and tend to rust under normal conditions. Doesnt affect vehicle's structural strength, doesnt need replacement. Due to my skeptical looks, he took my around their shop floor and showed the underbody of 3 other cars which also had the same rust.

3. On day of taking delivery, I had mistakenly tried to start my car while the engine was already running. The car was that silent and no vibration. Just within 2500 km, it is no longer the case, it has become moderately louder now (though not to annoying levels).
>>Ford Service Response: This is normal.

4. Fuel efficiency: I have had 5 tankfulls till now, and I get a mileage of around 12 kmpl in low traffic city driving conditions, with AC in level 1 cooling. I would hope to get atleast 16+ kmpl in city as most other Figo owners claim.
>>Ford Service Response: This is normal. Thats all you will get.

5. The dashboard has started giving out a vibration at low gear/speeds. Also, suspension on speed bumps isnt as smooth and jerk free as it was a couple of months back.
>> Since both this complaints happen intermittently and I couldnt replicate the condition when the Ford driver took the car for a test spin, nothing I could do about it.

This apart, they claimed to have checked oil levels and everything was normal and then, for 1800 INR, I took on an optional 3M wax spray coating for all 4 door interior panels and under bonnet to protect from rust due to rain water seepage.

Hope to hear from the experienced user community.

Thanks!
Old 19th October 2015, 21:26   #10182
BHPian

Recently serviced my Figo TDCi at Talera Ford, Wagholi workshop. 50k servicing. The bill was INR 4200

The front left shocker is having a minor leakage. SA said no reason to worry as I am not facing any issue with it. I asked him to replace it under warranty but he said it is covered under 2 yrs company warranty / 40000 kms but not under extended warranty. I raised this in a feedback form which Ford sent after the servicing was done. Got a prompt call from Ford, saying dealer is right as wear and tear parts are not covered under extended warranty. Only engine related failures are covered.

Any comments / experience on this?
Old 19th October 2015, 23:26   #10183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jselvan_BluOval View Post
Hi BHPians,
I own a 3 month old Ford Figo TDCI Titanium - panther black, which just finished first 2500 km free service at Chennai Ford. I had a few complaints which I asked them at time of service but was shot down saying it is the expected behavior, and that the vehicle is working as designed. I had to let go of my doubts since I did not have any counter argument to talk further. So just bouncing off my questions on this wall to see what you guys think of them.

1. When neutral-idling, the engine seems to choke up and vehicle shudders momentarily sometimes. I seem to experience this at least once or twice a week.
>>Ford Service Response: This is normal, happens due to AC compressor switching on and off.

2. I had gone to 3M to get an underbody rust treatment done within 2 weeks of purchase when I noticed that the arms connecting the wheel to the front axle seemed to have rusted completely brown. I took my car back to Chennai ford and asked if it needs to be replaced under warranty.
>>Ford Service Response: This is made of same metal as the brake disks, and tend to rust under normal conditions. Doesnt affect vehicle's structural strength, doesnt need replacement. Due to my skeptical looks, he took my around their shop floor and showed the underbody of 3 other cars which also had the same rust.

3. On day of taking delivery, I had mistakenly tried to start my car while the engine was already running. The car was that silent and no vibration. Just within 2500 km, it is no longer the case, it has become moderately louder now (though not to annoying levels).

4. Fuel efficiency: I have had 5 tankfulls till now, and I get a mileage of around 12 kmpl in low traffic city driving conditions, with AC in level 1 cooling. I would hope to get atleast 16+ kmpl in city as most other Figo owners claim.

5. The dashboard has started giving out a vibration at low gear/speeds. Also, suspension on speed bumps isnt as smooth and jerk free as it was a couple of months back.
>> Since both this complaints happen intermittently and I couldnt replicate the condition when the Ford driver took the car for a test spin, nothing I could do about it.

This apart, they claimed to have checked oil levels and everything was normal and then, for 1800 INR, I took on an optional 3M wax spray coating for all 4 door interior panels and under bonnet to protect from rust due to rain water seepage.

Thanks!
tractor-sounding engine harshness will disappear with first oil change. Other issues, before making sure that they are real ones, first we need to eliminate a very obtuse question - is this your first diesel car ? whether something is wrong with driving style - have you been driving petrol and gotten into the habit of half-clutching ?
Old 20th October 2015, 11:11   #10184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jselvan_BluOval View Post
Hi BHPians,

Thanks!
1. Explanation provided by A.S.S. is pat on point. The sudden muted shudders indicate the AC compressor and/or fan turning on and off. Feel it in my Figo too and it is absolutely normal. Further, owing to the large compressor, the AC does get cut-off at shorter intervals than other hatchbacks.

2. Post a few snaps of the affected area if you can. Or take it to a FNG for a neutral diagnosis.

3. My Figo has starter crank protection. The key would not move further if the engine is running. If the feature did not work in your car then get it checked.

4. It'll probably settle down at 14 kmpl in metro traffic with 100% AC.

5. There are the occasional sounds coming from the dashboard. I find mine very much livable. Nothing serious, however, if you are bothered, try to pin point the source and visit the A.S.S. for rectification. The suspension is not comfortable at low speeds to begin with, but if you have noticed a change in behavior, get the area visually inspected by a competent mechanic. Any fault noticed by him can then be raised before the A.S.S.
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 12:17   #10185

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
tractor-sounding engine harshness will disappear with first oil change. Other issues, before making sure that they are real ones, first we need to eliminate a very obtuse question - is this your first diesel car ? whether something is wrong with driving style - have you been driving petrol and gotten into the habit of half-clutching ?
Hi Venky,
Thanks for the reply..
This is my third diesel car after Lancer and ikon, both were pre-owned when I got them. Figo is my first 'new' car, so based on the test drive car at Chennai Ford and my initial 2 month user experience, my expectation with this engine was of a more refined and quieter one.

Driving style is not too bad, but as you said, I may have a heavy left foot leaving a little weight on the clutch, not necessarily till half point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks