Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 15:25   #10096
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys, My Figo insurance is up for renewal this month and I am thinking of moving away from Dealer insurance as they do not offer Zero dep for a 4 year old car. Ford has tie ups with Bajaj Allianz, Iffco-Tokio, New India and Royal Sundaram for cashless insurance. Need your suggestions in choosing one of the above company based on your experience.

My Dealer insurance is with Bajaj Allianz and they are ready to give Zero dep. Should I go with them or do any of the other companies fare better than Bajaj Allianz?
Old 16th August 2015, 20:48   #10097
BHPian

This must be the weirdest query in the forum -

My father was trying to keep a "Dairy Milk" chocolate cool by keeping it close to the AC vent. This is the Rs 5/- one that is really small. It slipped his hand and fell inside the AC vent (Thankfully my son didn't realize that. Otherwise that would be another problem to deal with ). I looked inside the vent using a torch, can't see anything. Any idea how do I get that out? Will that chocolate be stuck near the AC air filter?
Old 16th August 2015, 21:04   #10098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
This must be the weirdest query in the forum -

My father was trying to keep a "Dairy Milk" chocolate cool by keeping it close to the AC vent. This is the Rs 5/- one that is really small. It slipped his hand and fell inside the AC vent (Thankfully my son didn't realize that. Otherwise that would be another problem to deal with ). I looked inside the vent using a torch, can't see anything. Any idea how do I get that out? Will that chocolate be stuck near the AC air filter?
Master Shifu, "There are no accidents my dear friend. The chocolates destiny was to go inside the AC vent.". Jokes apart the chocolate would have reached the wire mesh filter. Guess you have ask ASC to remove the wire mesh filter and check. I don't think there is any other way.
shipnil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 21:06   #10099
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I looked inside the vent using a torch, can't see anything. Any idea how do I get that out? Will that chocolate be stuck near the AC air filter?
Mostly the chocolate would be in the blower unit or mostly above the cabin air filter.

Get that opened and removed. AFAIK it is on the passengers side foot well .
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2015, 23:48   #10100
BHPian

Check Tata AIG as well. They are an approved insurance provider with ford as well AFAIK. After 5 years I still have zero dep, comprehensive coverage for 9.5K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Guys, My Figo insurance is up for renewal this month and I am thinking of moving away from Dealer insurance as they do not offer Zero dep for a 4 year old car. Ford has tie ups with Bajaj Allianz, Iffco-Tokio, New India and Royal Sundaram for cashless insurance. Need your suggestions in choosing one of the above company based on your experience.

My Dealer insurance is with Bajaj Allianz and they are ready to give Zero dep. Should I go with them or do any of the other companies fare better than Bajaj Allianz?
Old 17th August 2015, 12:23   #10101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Master Shifu, "There are no accidents my dear friend. The chocolates destiny was to go inside the AC vent.". Jokes apart the chocolate would have reached the wire mesh filter. Guess you have ask ASC to remove the wire mesh filter and check. I don't think there is any other way.
LOL! Don't know about the chocolate's destiny, but it appeared that I am destined to go the ASC .

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Mostly the chocolate would be in the blower unit or mostly above the cabin air filter.

Get that opened and removed. AFAIK it is on the passengers side foot well .
Thanks for replying guys. This morning, in bright light I searched inside the vent and found the chocolate right at the edge, about 3 inches inside. Using a wire hanger pulled the chocolate out, and thankfully saved a trip to the ASC.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 10:03   #10102
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am hearing a constant sssack, sssack sound from engine while hearing it sitting near the right front wheel. I is audible when the car is stationary. I feel it is coming from some belt. Haven't yet opened the bonnet to check. Any idea if it is from belt? Or some bearings? Can I live with it or have to rush to ASC at the earliest?
Old 20th August 2015, 12:30   #10103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am hearing a constant sssack, sssack sound from engine while hearing it sitting near the right front wheel. I is audible when the car is stationary. I feel it is coming from some belt. Haven't yet opened the bonnet to check. Any idea if it is from belt? Or some bearings? Can I live with it or have to rush to ASC at the earliest?
Please check the accessories belt - the one that drives the alternator, power steering pump, air-con, etc. I had a similar problem, tolerated it for about 5000km, and then had the belt replaced. It isn't very expensive either, cost me around 2K or so if I remember correctly.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2015, 09:57   #10104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Please check the accessories belt - the one that drives the alternator, power steering pump, air-con, etc. I had ea similar problem, tolerated it for about 5000km, and then had the belt replaced. It isn't very expensive either, cost me around 2K or so if I remember correctly.
Today I opened the bonnet and checked from where the noise is coming. It indeed is the accessories belt that is making the noise. Are there two belts? I am able to see two pulleys from the top but belt is not connecting those two directly. Are there two belts? I tried to move the pulleys by hand to see if the belt is damaged but it did not move a mm.
Old 21st August 2015, 10:37   #10105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today I opened the bonnet and checked from where the noise is coming. It indeed is the accessories belt that is making the noise. Are there two belts? I am able to see two pulleys from the top but belt is not connecting those two directly. Are there two belts? I tried to move the pulleys by hand to see if the belt is damaged but it did not move a mm.
The belt is not supposed to move if you try and move it by hand!! And yes, there are 2 belts - one is the accessories belt, the other is the timing belt.

As for the rest of your question, I wouldn't know because I have a petrol Figo and your's is diesel.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2015, 01:53   #10106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_cr View Post
Guys,
I have a FIGO Diesel and Changed the engine oil to Fully synthetic when the car had run 35000kms.
Mine is also a Figo Diesel and has covered 37,000+ kms. I'm also planning for fully synthetic oil. Would like to have your opinion on the same. Which synthetic oil did you use. How was the performance, noise, mileage w.r.t. to the previous oil used.

Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 21:35   #10107
BHPian

Guys,
Off late I have observed that sometimes (seldom though) if I am stuck in traffic signal for quite a long duration with Key ON Ignition OFF state and with minimal load (just the ICE running) , on cranking the starter motor fails to get excited. However with the immediate OFF-ON-Crank sequence the engine fires up. So its not the issue with the battery voltage. I am assuming some sort of software bug where the state machine enters into some kind of inactive mode. Any thought?
BTW mine is Diesel Tiatanium May 2012 model with 52K on odo.
Old 27th August 2015, 17:00   #10108

I own a April 2013 Ford Figo which has just covered 32400 kms. Around 3 months back, at around 27600 kms, I started hearing a rattling noise from the front especially when driving over rough surfaces. I had a doubt it was something linked to the suspension and took it to the ASC in Chennai.

He said that link rods (both RHS and LHS) and one track rod (only LHS) had to be changed. Total bill amounted to Rs.5,500/- including alignment and labour. The noise stopped after repair and I don't have any doubt that they changed the parts unnecessarily since I know the guys there well and do trust them. Has anyone else faced such an issue on the Figo as early as 27000 kms?
Old 28th August 2015, 12:48   #10109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_ford View Post
I own a April 2013 Ford Figo which has just covered 32400 kms. Around 3 months back, at around 27600 kms, I started hearing a rattling noise from the front especially when driving over rough surfaces. I had a doubt it was something linked to the suspension and took it to the ASC in Chennai.

He said that link rods (both RHS and LHS) and one track rod (only LHS) had to be changed. Total bill amounted to Rs.5,500/- including alignment and labour. The noise stopped after repair and I don't have any doubt that they changed the parts unnecessarily since I know the guys there well and do trust them. Has anyone else faced such an issue on the Figo as early as 27000 kms?
I haven't faced this issue, but if they had to change the link rods at 32400 kms, wouldn't they be covered under warranty?, have you checked with them?
Old 28th August 2015, 17:34   #10110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
I haven't faced this issue, but if they had to change the link rods at 32400 kms, wouldn't they be covered under warranty?, have you checked with them?
They changed the link rods at around 27,600 kms. I had enquired about warranty. Warranty for these parts are 1 year / 20,000 kms. I had crossed both and couldn't claim.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks