Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 16:02   #9541
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Two wiper blades costs 1300. I feel for sure Ford spares are costly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Better quality brands are available outside for half that cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I bought a pair of Hella Premium blades from Autofresh for 460odd.
I bought a pair of Bosch Blades for 300/- at Adhitya Auto stores, Coimbatore. Works well. For longer life, replace the new blades with older ones during summer season.
Old 15th September 2014, 16:15   #9542
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
For longer life, replace the new blades with older ones during summer season.
Isn't it better to replace the wiper blades just after summer season?

Reason I am saying that is, the new ones also would get degraded due to the heat so once summer is done a new set of blades shall work well when it rains.

Anurag.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:14   #9543
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Isn't it better to replace the wiper blades just after summer season?

Reason I am saying that is, the new ones also would get degraded due to the heat so once summer is done a new set of blades shall work well when it rains.

Anurag.
Absolutely right. What I meant was, to rotate the old and new blade sets for summer and rainy season. It is a simple 5 minute job and would extend the life.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:16   #9544
Senior - BHPian

Ford launches the Figo refresh at 3.87 lakhs

Ford's only hatchback in India - Figo, has been refreshed. The hatchback has been given a minor exterior and interior makeover. Ford sells approximately 1658 units of the Figo per month and wishes to boost sales by offering the refresh closer to the festive season.

Changes to the exteriors of the Figo include new smoked 14 inch alloy wheels, fog lamp bezels and rear bumper valance; chrome signature fender badge and integrated turn indicators on the outside rear view mirrors.

The Figo has a black interior theme with satin finish centre console, and door handles; with an option of blue inserts on the centre console and the door handles available in the Kinetic Blue colour of the Titanium variant. All variants come with new two tone seat fabric in Cyber Blue.

The Figo refresh has been priced at Rs. 3.87 lakh for petrol and Rs. 4.83 lakh for diesel (ex-showroom Delhi). The car will be sold in 8 colours - Kinetic Blue, Mars Red, Diamond White, Moondust Silver, Chill Metallic, Panther Black, Smoke Grey and Paprika Red.

Ford launched the Figo in India in 2010 and has not made any mechanical changes to the car till date. In 2012, the Figo received a mid-life facelift with minor updates like optional start stop button and in-built wifi, over the years. The car continues to be offered with a 1.2L petrol and 1.4L diesel engine.

Ford will also be offering ‘Happy Pocket Service’ with comprehensive scheduled service at a transparent and competitive price starting at only INR 2,199.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-refreshed-ford-figo_exterior.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-refreshed-ford-figo_interior.jpg

Link to news article

Last edited by Aditya : 16th September 2014 at 11:21.
S2!!! is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 07:12   #9545
BHPian

Re: Ford launches the Figo refresh at 3.87 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
The Figo has a black interior theme with satin finish centre console, and door handles; with an option of blue inserts on the centre console and the door handles available in the Kinetic Blue colour of the Titanium variant. All variants come with new two tone seat fabric in Cyber Blue.
The blue interiors seems a bit over done to me. They should have gone for a piano black console and two tone interiors on the lines of the new fiesta. THis would have made it look slightly premium and paved the way for the new all Figo.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:37   #9546
Senior - BHPian

Blue interiors? Wow .. it cant get dirtier than this. Looking really bad. Ford, please grow up. You are loosing market, that too very fast. New Fiesta already flopped. Apart from EcoSport nothing is selling. It will also struggle after others come up with similar car. Tata, Maruti, Hyundai, Mahindra all planning small SUV. Once all are in market, EcoSport will also not sell. With these changes Figo will also struggle for sure. Not sure what were they thinking when they launched such interiors. I guess normal T-BHPian can think in better way & do better design than this
Old 16th September 2014, 10:42   #9547
BHPian

Why is Ford making this unnecessary changes to the interior color? I believe one of the major gripe of customers in choosing the top end version was the lack of power window options at the back. Ford has still not addressed this.

Do they still think that the Figo is meant only for bachelors or young couples?! They seriously expect that adding jazzy colors to the center fascia will shoot up sales?!
Old 16th September 2014, 10:48   #9548
Senior - BHPian

Thankfully, the blue inserts on the centre console and the door handles are optional.

The two tone seats are not. But they are not that bad I guess. Something definitely wrong with that photograph.
Old 16th September 2014, 10:56   #9549
Senior - BHPian

Ford have seriously lost it ! The blue on the insides look terrible. They have always been experimenting with colours on the Figo - the red dash with the first gen, the pale blue grey dash on the first refresh and now this. While those were palatable, this is hideous.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:52   #9550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Thankfully, the blue inserts on the centre console and the door handles are optional.

The two tone seats are not. But they are not that bad I guess. Something definitely wrong with that photograph.
Seriously I saw this today. The interiors look bad. The seats are okay though.
Thankfully most of the hideous changes are optional.
Those with a gripe over the lack of rear power windows - please note, the platform does not allow Ford to implement the same. (Well that is the official explanation I have).

Ford is flogging a dead horse and it remains to be seen when would they get the newer version of the car - both the hatch and the mini-sedan.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:09   #9551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Something definitely wrong with that photograph.
It looks like the seats have been photoshopped in there.

They probably didn't re-shoot this new interior colour combo, but instead just changed the colours in photoshop.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 12:18   #9552
BHPian

The New Figo also has Average Indicator. I wonder if this is just an ECU update and can be retrofitted in older Figos as well.

Source: Ford India website.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-afe.jpg  

Last edited by shifu : 16th September 2014 at 12:19. Reason: Added source
Old 16th September 2014, 12:18   #9553
Senior - BHPian

This is terrible! Blue finish looks like toy car finish (just like red finish interior in i10).

Lack of power window is really a pain. Some times people in back seat leave it little open, only when I get stale smell from outside, I realize that some one has not rolled up the window properly before getting down! I have experinced it many time.

Many a times this happend when I am alone the car. In order to roll it up, i had to stop the car, get down, roll up the window. Its really a pain. Even if they had charged say 20-25K more and added these feature with better looking interior, electrically foldable mirror with indicators and rear power windows I am sure there would have been many more takers for figo. These cosmetic upgrade are useless in my opinion.
Old 16th September 2014, 19:05   #9554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
The New Figo also has Average Indicator. I wonder if this is just an ECU update and can be retrofitted in older Figos as well.

Source: Ford India website.
I have inquired about this during my last service (Aug-2014) and was told that would involve hardware changes (a wire from ECU to dashboard ?), and hence could not be retrofitted in old Figos.

Either the Service Executive is true or he was 'BS'ing :-) :-). So Amigos if any of you could get this done in your Old Figos, enlighten us.
Old 16th September 2014, 20:23   #9555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
I have inquired about this during my last service (Aug-2014) and was told that would involve hardware changes (a wire from ECU to dashboard ?), and hence could not be retrofitted in old Figos.

Either the Service Executive is true or he was 'BS'ing :-) :-). So Amigos if any of you could get this done in your Old Figos, enlighten us.
I don't think this will need any physical changes. If we use the test mode , we can see a lot of parameters shown and I am sure that the ECU needs a firmware upgrade to extract few of these parameters to show the avg fuel indicators on the old Figo's.
We already have the DTE and I am guessing the Avg Indicator uses the same parameters to calculate as the DTE.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks