Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2014, 03:38   #9421
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Today a pretty young girl on a pink scooty hit me from the left 3/4 angle. I stopped immediately but the girl was alright and with a cheerful wave and "sorry uncle", she sped away. Finally I stopped to check damage and was shocked to see the bumper had torn off. The whole rear bumper needs to be replaced. With a scooty incident. Thank got it was not a Hercules cycle, car might have been a write off.
Can post a picture of the Damage? Did you note down her bike number? you should have asked her to pay.
Old 9th July 2014, 13:06   #9422
BHPian

Guys, Does the Figo HU support Ipod connection via AUX cable?
Old 9th July 2014, 13:21   #9423
Senior - BHPian

^^ The HU supports AUX, so any device with a 3.5mm jack is supported. I use my ipod via AUX since the USB doesn't work with it.

Little curious though - Why would you think it wouldn't be supported by AUX ? It uses the standard 3.5mm connector after all.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 9th July 2014 at 13:22.
fiat_tarun is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2014, 13:44   #9424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
^^ The HU supports AUX, so any device with a 3.5mm jack is supported. I use my ipod via AUX since the USB doesn't work with it.

Little curious though - Why would you think it wouldn't be supported by AUX ? It uses the standard 3.5mm connector after all.
I didn't want to assume, hence the query. I am having some issues while playing songs from USB transferred from mac book ( I have mentioned this in the previous posts) and hence wanted to make sure, I don't face similar issues with the new ipod.
Old 9th July 2014, 13:44   #9425
BHPian

Quote:
Today a pretty young girl on a pink scooty hit me from the left 3/4 angle. I stopped immediately but the girl was alright and with a cheerful wave and "sorry uncle", she sped away. Finally I stopped to check damage and was shocked to see the bumper had torn off. The whole rear bumper needs to be replaced. With a scooty incident. Thank got it was not a Hercules cycle, car might have been a write off.
Surprised to hear this. My Figo was rammed by a biker when he could not stop in time at a red light. There was a loud thud and in my mind I knew this is going to be costly. Got down, checked, and not even a bump. He hit my bumper and not the Quarter Panel, so there might be an answer.

But I was truly pleasantly shocked not to see any damage that day.

P.S: Surprised as to how she managed a smile after!
Old 9th July 2014, 20:07   #9426
Senior - BHPian

@captainslow: she was a really young girl. Probably school going. Plus heavy traffic. No way am I going to even ask her for a rupee.
Will take photoes and update tomorrow.
@pratyush: I was hit directly on the bumper. But at an angle. She had a sheepish smile. Plus no helmet so probably dumb as well.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 11:50   #9427
Senior - BHPian

@wildsdi5530
Anyone not wearing a helmet and driving a bike -> Very-very Stupid!

While driving in the rains last night, I ran over couple of medium sized pot holes at speed of 40-45KPH.

Now the left front suspension is making a weird noise every time I go over a speed breaker.

Bangalore roads and Pot Holes
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 14:20   #9428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
@wildsdi5530
Now the left front suspension is making a weird noise every time I go over a speed breaker.

Bangalore roads and Pot Holes
I seriously feel that there should be system to sue the R&B, Municipality etc., for these kind of things. Do not understand where the 'Road Tax' collected is dumped.. Unless there is a legal 'liability' these government agencies do not bother.
Old 17th July 2014, 14:01   #9429
BANNED

Hi guys,

Is anyone here using 3D mats on Figo? I'm looking for buying one since the Monsoons are nearing.

Can you provide me a trusted brand name/online link/shop@Chennai?. I'm not interested at the 3M nomad mats.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 17th July 2014, 14:51   #9430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
Hi guys,

Is anyone here using 3D mats on Figo? I'm looking for buying one since the Monsoons are nearing.

Can you provide me a trusted brand name/online link/shop@Chennai?. I'm not interested at the 3M nomad mats.

Thanks in Advance.
Check this site - http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...or_mats_21.htm. Have seen these star 3d mats and they are quite good.

Also do check snapdeal as they usually have some offers going.
Old 17th July 2014, 14:53   #9431
BHPian

Quote:
@captainslow: she was a really young girl. Probably school going. Plus heavy traffic. No way am I going to even ask her for a rupee.
Will take photoes and update tomorrow.
@pratyush: I was hit directly on the bumper. But at an angle. She had a sheepish smile. Plus no helmet so probably dumb as well.
Why the hell did I say that?

I was hit by a scooty (whatever you call those) at an angle on the left back Quarter Panel and boom, I have a dent, not huge but I have one now
The person in question was a male in a helmet and he did not even bother to say sorry, he was preoccupied in trying to get away as fast from me as possible.

Another incident today: A guy in a Mahindra Quanto takes off and breaks hard, I follow him only that the breaks screech in late and I successfully managed to claim my first accident.

We get down to inspect the damages, he has those spare tyres sticking out, which has taken the brunt, but a loose bumper as well. I have my headlight glass broken and a couple of minor scratches.

He tells me the guy in front of him braked hard, consequently, he did too. I accept, this is my mistake and we exchange our phone numbers. The guy seemed a gentleman (maybe I am speaking too soon) and there was no point in arguing.

I expect my car to run up a bill around 3k (for the whole assembly as informed by the SA) and 1k for the dent. Now I do not think the SUV had a lot of damage but we shall see, in the end, its my mistake so I should pay.
Old 20th July 2014, 06:09   #9432
BHPian

My Figo diesel 2012 went for the 40,000 km service 2 days ago to Rockcity Ford in Trichy where I live. No issues to repair but for repetitive crunching noise whenever taking an acute right turn, which I expected to be from the link rod assembly.

I got a call from the service assistant saying the service is done, the link rods were fine, but the drive shafts (Yes, both of them) were damaged due to a rent in the boot and subsequent leakage of the grease from the sealed boot

The drive shafts together were going to cost me 21,000 Rs and the final bill was about 28.000Rs. I was pretty busy and couldn't go down to have a look at the damaged drive shafts. I asked him if that was that and he replied yes. I asked him to get the job done and I was asked to collect the car yesterday.

I was called up in the morning and told the car is ready and the final bill was 32200 Rs. I was furious and asked for the break up. He said while changing the drive shafts, the mechanic found that the link rod on the right side had a rent in the boot and had leaked grease; hence he had changed it. I asked him why he had told me the link rods were all right when one obviously was not. He said he had forgotten and was sorry.

I inspected the changed parts and found there was a leak in each of the drive shafts. I asked him if these could not be changed under warranty as this was the first car I had actually got around to changing the drive shaft (and 2 at that!), to which he replied, it is usually not done under warranty as after 40,000 km, the transmission parts are not covered under warranty
My car had run 42,000 km.

I took a long test drive and tested the car, it was pretty satisfactory. I paid the bill and came home, passing by the ABT Maruti where I used to service my previous ride, Swift Vdi (2008). It was one trouble free car, for all of the 1,05,000 km I had it. It was driven on all kinds of roads, over boulders, on the beach, through streams and was once even pulled across a sandy river bed by a tractor ( a hell of a ride) . It had never ever run a bill above 9,000 and that too, only because a drunk retard had decided to put a boulder through the windshield. I finally let go of it and exchanged it for a Vento tdi Highline.

I now plan to wait for a year before exchanging the figo for another Swift .

The take home lesson is if you are approaching 40,000 km in any Ford vehicle, take it for service before crossing 40,000 and check the transmission thoroughly.
This is the main intention of them not doing it in the 20,000 km service (hey why should we service at our cost when we can change the whole thing at the buyer's cost).

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 20th July 2014 at 11:27. Reason: Only 2 smileys per post please.
Old 20th July 2014, 06:40   #9433
BHPian

DIY : Puddle lamps and courtesy lamps added. Heres a video for you all.

kingofmyworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 07:07   #9434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
I got a call from the service assistant saying the service is done, the link rods were fine, but the drive shafts (Yes, both of them) were damaged due to a rent in the boot and subsequent leakage of the grease from the sealed boot.

The drive shafts together were going to cost me 21,000 Rs and the final bill was about 28.000Rs. I was pretty busy and couldn't go down to have a look at the damaged drive shafts. I asked him if that was that and he replied yes. I asked him to get the job done and I was asked to collect the car yesterday.

I was called up in the morning and told the car is ready and the final bill was 32200 Rs. I was furious and asked for the break up. He said while changing the drive shafts, the mechanic found that the link rod on the right side had a rent in the boot and had leaked grease; hence he had changed it. I asked him why he had told me the link rods were all right when one obviously was not. He said he had forgotten and was sorry.

I inspected the changed parts and found there was a leak in each of the drive shafts. I asked him if these could not be changed under warranty as this was the first car I had actually got around to changing the drive shaft (and 2 at that!), to which he replied, it is usually not done under warranty as after 40,000 km, the transmission parts are not covered under warranty
My car had run 42,000 km .
That's a very lame excuse to deny warranty. AFAIK, warranty covers everything except suspension, brakes and clutch. Please check your owners manual for parts coverage.

The cost of drive shafts looks very high. A pair should probably cost less than 7k.

Rane make link rods were Rs.550/- per piece when I checked last time few months ago.

Do you know that the drive shafts can be overhauled, greased and the boot replaced for less than 1k ?

Upload the bill if you can.
interc00led is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 16:32   #9435
BHPian

Hi all, while cleaning the engine bay of our figo, I found, under the plastic engine cover, a trace of an oil leak from a rubber hose which was meagred with a large hose attached to the intake side of the turbo.Looks like a breather hose to me. Now my question is this something I should be worried about or can I wait till next service which is due in 1-2 months. Please check the picture attached. The car stands at 8k.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20140720_162351.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks