Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2014, 03:02   #9301
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Would it be possible for you to post a pic? Did you get any pics while getting the work done?

Also, even if there's just a filler plug, you can still remove the oil. You basically would then need to suck out the oil & I am not sure about India, but one does get pump sort of things abroad through which oil can be removed & then new oil can be poured back based on the amount of oil that came out.
Sorry, I did not take any picture.

The oil evacuating pumps are expensive. Someone mentioned the cost to be around 7k in one of the Mercedes w124 thread.

I don't get this logic of not providing a drain plug. In most cars, the drain plug also serves as a basic filter - it is magnetic and catches metal shavings.
Old 12th May 2014, 15:10   #9302
Distinguished - BHPian

Small high pitched mouse like squeak from the rear whenever I go through harsh roads. What could it be? Finding it difficult to pin point the source.

No, I don't think its an actual mouse!
Old 12th May 2014, 22:26   #9303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Small high pitched mouse like squeak from the rear whenever I go through harsh roads. What could it be? Finding it difficult to pin point the source.

No, I don't think its an actual mouse!
Go back to the beginning of this thread, and the ownership reports of the two Thomases. This high pitched squeak is quite common in a Figo, and a possible DIY fix has also been discussed.
Old 15th May 2014, 09:41   #9304
BHPian

Hi bhpians,
This is my first post in team-bhp even though i have been a regular visitor here for the past more than two years. A big thank you to all the members and moderators for their contribution which helped me learn so much about the automotive world.

I own a ford figo tdci zxi model. She has been with me for the past 4 years almost and she has been an absolute gem till date. Coming to the problem i am facing, while coming to office today, i was driving in 2nd gear approaching a signal and suddenly the warning lights along with the warning sound came up. Since i was in the middle of a traffic signal, i switched off the engine and after few seconds turned it back on to see no issues.

The following warning lights had come up, Malfunction indicator lamp(One in yellow?), Ignition warning lamp(One with battery symbol?) and Oil level indicator(One which has an oil dripping kind of icon?). I am facing this problem for the second time and the ford service center told me not to worry about it much, the last time i encountered it. My car has run almost 72500kms in 4 years. The service is due in another 500 kms. I am planning to do the 80,000 kms recommended service this time. i am bit ahead of the service schedule. The car has undergone regular service till date without missing a single one. Is there something i need to worry about? Bhpians, any help is appreciated so that i can feel much better.
Old 15th May 2014, 10:53   #9305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Go back to the beginning of this thread, and the ownership reports of the two Thomases. This high pitched squeak is quite common in a Figo, and a possible DIY fix has also been discussed.
After multiple searches I'm not able to find either in this thread which is humongous! Could you please refer the link? Much appreciated.
Old 15th May 2014, 12:05   #9306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
After multiple searches I'm not able to find either in this thread which is humongous! Could you please refer the link? Much appreciated.
Please see this thread. Not sure if this is the one you are looking for.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-figo-5.html
Old 15th May 2014, 14:55   #9307
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshtn View Post
Please see this thread. Not sure if this is the one you are looking for.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...rd-figo-5.html
Couldn't see much of a DIY there...was all about taking the car to the monkeys at the service center.
Old 15th May 2014, 20:06   #9308
Senior - BHPian

I had given my Figo for some body work last Thursday at 9:00 am at Chennai Ford, Arumbakkam. I was assured that the surveyor would see it the same afternoon and work will start on Friday. The car was sent to the body shop on Friday Afternoon and Surveyor intimated on Saturday. Approval on Tuesday. Now work started today. I can expect the car to come back from the body shop in mid next week. And then due for 70K service. At best estimate, it will come back in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks.
Now I don't know how Royal Sunderam expects me to send for repair within 1 week of any incident.
How do the rest of you cope?
I have asked for claim of bonnet and right rear fender. They have approved for both but as 2 claims. There will be a claim charge of Rs. 2000/- per claim. Thus I will get
Bonnet: Rs. 7000 - 2000 = 5000
Fender: Rs. 2500 - 2000 = 500
Total of Rs 5500/-.
Yearly premium paid last year was Rs. 13000/-
Am going to change to 3rd party insurance from next year.
Old 18th May 2014, 17:27   #9309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I had given my Figo for some body work last Thursday at 9:00 am at Chennai Ford, Arumbakkam. I was assured that the surveyor would see it the same afternoon and work will start on Friday. The car was sent to the body shop on Friday Afternoon and Surveyor intimated on Saturday. Approval on Tuesday. Now work started today. I can expect the car to come back from the body shop in mid next week. And then due for 70K service. At best estimate, it will come back in 2 - 2 1/2 weeks.
Now I don't know how Royal Sunderam expects me to send for repair within 1 week of any incident.
How do the rest of you cope?
I have asked for claim of bonnet and right rear fender. They have approved for both but as 2 claims. There will be a claim charge of Rs. 2000/- per claim. Thus I will get
Bonnet: Rs. 7000 - 2000 = 5000
Fender: Rs. 2500 - 2000 = 500
Total of Rs 5500/-.
Yearly premium paid last year was Rs. 13000/-
Am going to change to 3rd party insurance from next year.
The deductible is usually 1000/-, please check your insurance terms & conditions.

Also I had some body work done on my Figo few months ago, one on the right rear fender & the other on the left rear door. I took the insurance guy by the side & convinced him to cover both the sides, he initially said its not possible, but I requested him to reconsider, he obliged.

Try to convince the insurance if its not too late, as you will end up paying 4K + the depreciation amount (if your policy is not zero dep). You could also take the car to a body shop outside & have the same checked.
Old 19th May 2014, 23:44   #9310
Senior - BHPian

I managed to get the 2nd claim only after talking to the surveyor.
I had a look at the bill today.
The total amount was Rs. 10k and I'll have to pay Rs. 5.6k. This is claim cost, depreciation, labour and other stuff not covered.
When do you guys change over from full insurance to only 3rd party?
Also now car is at service.
I'm told there is a squealing noise for which steering column will have to be changed at a cost of ~5k. Brakes and front suspension will also need to be looked into according to SA. I have heard the noise and had assumed it just needed lubrication.
Old 20th May 2014, 00:48   #9311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I managed to get the 2nd claim only after talking to the surveyor.
I had a look at the bill today.
The total amount was Rs. 10k and I'll have to pay Rs. 5.6k. This is claim cost, depreciation, labour and other stuff not covered.
When do you guys change over from full insurance to only 3rd party?
Also now car is at service.
I'm told there is a squealing noise for which steering column will have to be changed at a cost of ~5k. Brakes and front suspension will also need to be looked into according to SA. I have heard the noise and had assumed it just needed lubrication.
3rd party insurance is not recommended for cars as in case of an accident the insurance only covers damage to the other party and you don't get a rupee, so the entire repair cost is to be borne by you - not a good thing considering the cost of getting vehicles repaired!
Old 20th May 2014, 02:27   #9312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
3rd party insurance is not recommended for cars as in case of an accident the insurance only covers damage to the other party and you don't get a rupee, so the entire repair cost is to be borne by you - not a good thing considering the cost of getting vehicles repaired!

Though OT, an interesting question. Suppose an X car originally costed 15 lakhs IDV when it was fresh from the showroom, 7 years down the line the car's value today is 5.5 lakhs. Now if I get the car insured and I crash, what % will the insurance pay? I'm sure they don't give nil dip for a 7 year old car.
Old 20th May 2014, 03:55   #9313
BHPian

kingofmyworld: Thats a hard thing to assume, as if a OLD car is crashed, the insurance company would not be very easily considering to give full IDF to the customer.

IDF already goes down so much in 7 years and they would also take into consideration.
Is it even eligible for a Total Loss,
Damage to plastic parts, and cost to recover
replacement of similar age car in market
your insurance renewal and claim history,
Past Car condition and driving person history might also be considered.

IDF would always be lower than what one can get in market by selling the car while its working.
Old 20th May 2014, 10:59   #9314
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a lighting query on the Figo (fitting aux lamps) which I've posted on the lighting thread. If anyone with information will be kind enough to answer, will be very grateful.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post3437298
Old 20th May 2014, 12:39   #9315
Senior - BHPian

Big problem guys. Just received a call from the SA.
Steering column has wear and tear and needs to be replaced. Cost re. 11 k.
Front brake passes need to be changed. Cost re. 2.2 k.
Some fan needs to be cleaned and greased. Cost re. 4.8 k.
Plus regular 70 k service charges.
Going to cost me about 20-25 k.
Plus body shop bill of re. 5.6 k post insurance payment of re. 4.6 k.
Is the service expense for 70 k of re. 20-25 k normal. SA assures me that all cars have the steering column changed at 70k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks