Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2014, 23:42   #9046
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Do they have 3 red on option now? Mars red, Paprika red and the older Colorado red?

The picture under the Tree shade doesn't actually exposes the real color i guess or my eyes :-(.

The newer shade on red, which i have seen some pages before on the very same thread under the showroom lighting is actually very nice.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3301927
Another angle, perhaps this would depict the exact color.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-mars-red-figo-1.jpg  

sumathindra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 12:31   #9047
Senior - BHPian

2014 Ford Figo is launched @ INR 4.03 Lacs (ex-showroom Delhi), more that the outgoing model by Rs.4000, which is a bargain for all the additions in the 2014 model. More details here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/02/2...po-2014-119275

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 13th February 2014 at 11:28. Reason: Typo corrected
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 16:41   #9048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
This is quite a common problem, especially as we have moderate to high humidity levels in India, which helps in ice formation that much quicker.
=============
I'm not affiliated with them or their services, just that I've received good feedback about their work, and have used them once for my Getz.
Though its a bit far from my place, I will try to get in touch with him. Cheers and thanks again for the inputs.
navkant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2014, 16:50   #9049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Another angle, perhaps this would depict the exact color.
Yes, you are right. Ford has launched 2 additional flavours of the Red color. I have seen all 3 of them in the Elite Ford Service Centre in Bangalore.

The new colors are really nice.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2014, 14:14   #9050
Senior - BHPian

I do not get the point of Wi Fi edition. Who does not have data enabled on their smart phones? I can't figure out the relation of this feature to the car stereo too.
Old 12th February 2014, 18:02   #9051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I do not get the point of Wi Fi edition. Who does not have data enabled on their smart phones? I can't figure out the relation of this feature to the car stereo too.
Considering that most of the smartphones come with wifi hotspot feature, this doesn't make sense. But not everyone knows how to use it, also to the aam janta having a wifi enabled car claims bragging rights.

The dongle needs to be connected to the USB of the stereo for power input. But having the dongle connected means you can't play music through your pendrive. Need to settle for BT audio streaming or the vintage CDs.

Last edited by Venkat_Figo : 12th February 2014 at 18:04.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2014, 14:30   #9052
Senior - BHPian

The condition of the discs of my 30k kms run Figo. In the previous service around 2k kms back, the SA at Ford had said the discs are due for changing.

Apart from the scuff marks, I didn't find anything wrong and no undulations when felt either. I feel if the brake pads are replaced, it is enough.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img967.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img968.jpg  

Old 13th February 2014, 16:33   #9053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The condition of the discs of my 30k kms run Figo. In the previous service around 2k kms back, the SA at Ford had said the discs are due for changing.

Apart from the scuff marks, I didn't find anything wrong and no undulations when felt either. I feel if the brake pads are replaced, it is enough.
The scuff marks are normal considering she has done 30K, personally I don't feel the need for changing the discs at 30K, unless you are experiencing reduced braking ability.

Just check if the brake pads are in good shape & replace them, the disc looks in good shape though.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 04:18   #9054
BHPian

I am going through a pathetic ordeal with FORD India for my Ford Figo. Kindly check out the following youtube links to see the issues and ford simply says it is normal. My car is under warranty.

Do not mind me being a bit funny in the video, but seriously my BRAIN is not working properly because of this ordeal with ford.

Other than that my transmission has collapsed. Gears are slipping past 3rd-4th-5th gear. They just changed the synchronizer. its just increasing day by day.

God I so hate this company ! Maruti was good and is good, at least thats what i have seen for my friends ZXI Swift New. Awesome car, great service.

Guys please suggest would consumer court case help?
Old 14th February 2014, 10:23   #9055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
I am going through a pathetic ordeal with FORD India for my Ford Figo.

Guys please suggest would consumer court case help?
1. About the AC cut-off issue -- This has been confirmed as a known issue by Ford for the Figo. Ask the service centre to run a diagnosis and change the thermostat. I faced a similar issue and it's resolved after thermostat change.
2. For the lights flickering issue, I think it's either the battery (check battery level) or happening due to constant ac cut-off - see if still happens after the thermostat change.
3. Power window issue can and should be repaired by Ford - visit the Ford website and write in a strong worded email about your issues and see how the service centre scrambles to get them fixed!
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2014, 12:56   #9056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
1. About the AC cut-off issue -- This has been confirmed as a known issue by Ford for the Figo. Ask the service centre to run a diagnosis and change the thermostat. I faced a similar issue and it's resolved after thermostat change.
2. For the lights flickering issue, I think it's either the battery (check battery level) or happening due to constant ac cut-off - see if still happens after the thermostat change.
3. Power window issue can and should be repaired by Ford - visit the Ford website and write in a strong worded email about your issues and see how the service centre scrambles to get them fixed!
Hi buddy,

All the above mentioned issues and more have been reported to Ford India and have also been marked to the president desk. Guess what? I have not received even one reply from their end in last 14 days. I have to call them each time and they say its a work in progress...

I am seriously at my wits end !
Old 16th February 2014, 05:16   #9057
Senior - BHPian

Good new colour, wish they had increased the GC a bit.
Wifi is good marketing gimmick, practically we all know how it will work/not work.
Old 16th February 2014, 09:23   #9058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
Considering that most of the smartphones come with wifi hotspot feature, this doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Wifi is good marketing gimmick, practically we all know how it will work/not work.
I do not agree fully with these views. Each one of you is thinking from the smartphone perspective only. I think you (or other car occupants) start using tablets with wi-fi only, you'd certainly see value in this feature. Yes, smartphones could also be used as hotspots but then you'd be draining two devices in parallel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
But having the dongle connected means you can't play music through your pendrive. Need to settle for BT audio streaming or the vintage CDs.
I think you miss the point that most of these dongles have provision for micro sd card. So these could double up as pen drives. No need to do BT streaming
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 13:51   #9059
BHPian

Went for my Figo's 30k/3year service yesterday. No complaints at all, car is rattle and squeak free.Only have slight 'grr grr' sounds when going over speed breakers when the outside temperature is cold,cannot replicate the same sound when the outside temperature is warm.SA told me that the noise could be from the bushes.

According to my SA ford has not made changing of break and clutch fluid mandatory at 3 year service. When its clearly mentioned in the manual, but i insisted and had the break fluid fully drained and replaced. Other extras charged were for some break pad cleaner and labor charge for refitting my drivers side door trim,was miss aligned when installing new speakers.
Did not opt for wheel rotation and balancing from Ford,got it done outside.
Total bill came upto 3.8k rupees.

Overall service was good and my car was delivered on time and totally clean

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-bill.jpg

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 16th February 2014 at 13:53.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2014, 16:28   #9060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I do not agree fully with these views. Each one of you is thinking from the smartphone perspective only. I think you (or other car occupants) start using tablets with wi-fi only, you'd certainly see value in this feature. Yes, smartphones could also be used as hotspots but then you'd be draining two devices in parallel.

I think you miss the point that most of these dongles have provision for micro sd card. So these could double up as pen drives. No need to do BT streaming
Shipnil, my point was about how effective our network is today and from a moving car perspective only.i don't feel it will give as good a surfing experience as we get when we are at home using the same dongle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks