Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2014, 22:33   #9031
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@arunphillip: will running the ac in fresh air mode prevent this ice formation?
Also how does this explain the heater also not working?
Old 5th February 2014, 01:47   #9032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navkant View Post
Guys, I need your help on my Figo. I drive a 2010 EXI model. I have a strange problem. My Figo has clocked only 12500kms including trips to Leh and Kutch. Whenever I drive at high speed 120kmph+ (Thanks to the roads) , the AC would just break down after 2 hours. I thought its cuz of high RPM.

So, during my recent trip to Bangalore, I drove at 100kmph or below for 2 hours and yet faced the same problem. The AC just died. The amount of air and coldness of the air, both go down drastically. Anyone faced similar issue? 3 different Ford service centers across 4 servicing have certified the AC functioning. I am clueless. Any advice would help :(
I experienced the same issue on my recent high-speed trip to Gujrat. The AC compressor basically cuts-off resulting in cooling loss. This started happening in the city as well, even on slow speeds so got it checked by Ford Service Centre last Saturday. They replaced the AC thermostat and the issue is gone! The service centre guy accepted that this is a one of the known issues with Figo.
I suggest you take my example and force the Ford guys to run a diagnosis and if possible replace the thermostat.
nishantbhatia84 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 09:03   #9033
USJ

Hi Figo experts. I have a 2012 Figo ZXi diesel and have clocked 15K Km's till now. Im almost nearing two years of my extremely satisfied ownership. I got an extended warranty of 3 years when I bought it so that will last me till March 15. Now I am facing a dilemma. Whether to go for the 4th year extended warranty for around 9-10K (My speculation) Or just be prepared for the breakdowns, if any.

Normally this would be a no brainer, however my driving is not really Highway / Long journey intensive and in this second year, i have just clocked 5k KMs due to certain circumstances. I am expecting somewhere around 8-10K Kms per year for the next two years with a couple of 1.5k - 2K long trips per year thrown in.

I received a call from Ford the other day stating that I can buy the 4th year warranty only till 31st of March and I am not really sure what should be done.

Another thing, (I think this is a stupid question but still here goes) - If I decide to go for the warranty a day after it actually expires, can i still do it?
Old 5th February 2014, 10:20   #9034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by USJ View Post
Hi Figo experts. I have a 2012 Figo ZXi diesel and have clocked 15K Km's till now. Im almost nearing two years of my extremely satisfied ownership. I got an extended warranty of 3 years when I bought it so that will last me till March 15. Now I am facing a dilemma. Whether to go for the 4th year extended warranty for around 9-10K (My speculation) Or just be prepared for the breakdowns, if any.

Normally this would be a no brainer, however my driving is not really Highway / Long journey intensive and in this second year, i have just clocked 5k KMs due to certain circumstances. I am expecting somewhere around 8-10K Kms per year for the next two years with a couple of 1.5k - 2K long trips per year thrown in.

I received a call from Ford the other day stating that I can buy the 4th year warranty only till 31st of March and I am not really sure what should be done.

Another thing, (I think this is a stupid question but still here goes) - If I decide to go for the warranty a day after it actually expires, can i still do it?
It's always safe to get extended warranty even if your running is less, as spares are ridiculously priced. About your second question: it entirely depends on your service rep and what type of rapport you share with him. I suggest not taking the risk though.
nishantbhatia84 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2014, 16:54   #9035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by USJ View Post

What's with Ford? We're all getting different messages from different dealers. In Chennai, Jan 31 was the last date for 4 yr EW - so we all rushed to get it. In your place, its March 31.

And I've seen cost of 4 yr EW (for TDCi) also vary in different posts. Can't understand why?

Regarding whether to buy or not, like the others have said, it's a safety option. The overall benefit/peace of mind may be worth the price.
Old 5th February 2014, 18:18   #9036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bharadwaj View Post
What's with Ford? We're all getting different messages from different dealers. In Chennai, Jan 31 was the last date for 4 yr EW - so we all rushed to get it. In your place, its March 31.

And I've seen cost of 4 yr EW (for TDCi) also vary in different posts. Can't understand why?

Regarding whether to buy or not, like the others have said, it's a safety option. The overall benefit/peace of mind may be worth the price.
Previously I had called up Fortune Ford (Hyd) & enquired regarding the 4th yr EW. The rep confirmed that the EW is not being withdrawn but the price is going up after Jan 31st.

Unable to figure out what is Ford upto.
Old 8th February 2014, 18:45   #9037
BHPian

The 2014 Figo now has built in Wifi & also displays the Avg fuel economy.

I think these 2 are very good features & will add more value to the already great VFM hatch.

Was also wondering, how this inbuilt Wifi thingy works?
Old 9th February 2014, 16:20   #9038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post

Was also wondering, how this inbuilt Wifi thingy works?
The wifi package is available for an additional 10k. you get a wifi dongle and you need to buy your own 3G-activated sim card and insert it in the dongle and tada all the passengers can now access wifi. In that 10k package you also get blue LEDs for the interiors and black seat covers.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2014, 17:09   #9039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post

The wifi package is available for an additional 10k. you get a wifi dongle and you need to buy your own 3G-activated sim card and insert it in the dongle and tada all the passengers can now access wifi. In that 10k package you also get blue LEDs for the interiors and black seat covers.
But, with today's smartphones it's very easily possible by using wi-fi hotspot, so I don't see the point of that! Nonetheless, don't know how the LED's or the seat covers look.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 11:34   #9040
BHPian

Oil Sump Drain Nut hole threading damaged

Hi,

I gave my car for 50,000 Km servicing on Saturday. While the guys at Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar were closing the drain nut in the oil sump the Drain nut suddenly went free due to broken threading. They were not sure how it happened but I suspect they either closed it too tight which damaged the threading. Anyways, they will not accept it and I have no way to prove it either.

They at first asked me to get the sump replaced at my own cost. When I protested that why should I be made to pay for it, and they should be replacing it under warranty. Another supervisor came at that time, he suggested that it can be repaired. And, this is what they did -

They just did some welding at the joint and created a new threading where a nut can be fastened.

I need to take views from others -
1. Whether this is a acceptable solution to the problem?
2. Is it a good practice to have the oil sump repaired like this by an Authorized Ford Service Station?
3. Should this be covered under warranty by Ford?

Suggestions invited.

Thanks!
Old 10th February 2014, 14:14   #9041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
Thanks for the info, also where will the LED's be fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
But, with today's smartphones it's very easily possible by using wi-fi hotspot, so I don't see the point of that! Nonetheless, don't know how the LED's or the seat covers look.
True, the dongle will make sense only if one doesn't have a smartphone. If the LEDs & seat covers aren't that great, then spending 10k isn't a great idea IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post

Hi,

I gave my car for 50,000 Km servicing on Saturday. While the guys at Harpreet Ford, Moti Nagar were closing the drain nut in the oil sump the Drain nut suddenly went free due to broken threading. They were not sure how it happened but I suspect they either closed it too tight which damaged the threading. Anyways, they will not accept it and I have no way to prove it either.

They at first asked me to get the sump replaced at my own cost. When I protested that why should I be made to pay for it, and they should be replacing it under warranty. Another supervisor came at that time, he suggested that it can be repaired. And, this is what they did -

They just did some welding at the joint and created a new threading where a nut can be fastened.

2. Is it a good practice to have the oil sump repaired like this by an Authorized Ford Service Station?

Suggestions invited.

Thanks!
I am not an expert on this, but I do know that the oil sump is an important part of the machine.

Welding it to create a thread & then fix the nut is definitely not a good idea IMHO. How good is the welding job is a big question. I don't think you should settle for anything less than a complete replacement.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 14:25   #9042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
The 2014 Figo now has built in Wifi & also displays the Avg fuel economy.
I am sure this Avg Fuel Economy feature is a software upgrade. How can we get in the earlier Figo's?
Old 10th February 2014, 17:11   #9043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Technically, it is. However, please keep an eye on it, as over time, it could begin to leak. Observe the ground below the engine area, in the place where you park the car, for drops of oil. Check oil level diligently.

Quote:
From A.S.S., this is not a good practice.

Quote:

Suggestions invited.

Thanks!
I don't think Ford will cover it under warranty, as it is not a manufacturing defect or premature wear/breakdown. I think it is just bad workmanship on the part of the mechanic to damage the threading (I speak from experience, having made that mistake myself). So, the Ford A.S.S. really should have accepted their mistake and replaced the sump.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 18:02   #9044
BHPian

My cousin picked up the first "Mars Red FIGO" in Mysore last night.

Good color in my opinion. The paprika red is also very pleasant.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-mars-red-figo.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 10th February 2014 at 18:02. Reason: edits
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 18:56   #9045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
My cousin picked up the first "Mars Red FIGO" in Mysore last night.

Good color in my opinion. The paprika red is also very pleasant.
Do they have 3 red on option now? Mars red, Paprika red and the older Colorado red?

The picture under the Tree shade doesn't actually exposes the real color i guess or my eyes :-(.

The newer shade on red, which i have seen some pages before on the very same thread under the showroom lighting is actually very nice.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3301927

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 10th February 2014 at 19:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks