Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2014, 21:10   #8956
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
I am planning to run the car to 50k and then upsize to 185/65/14 Michelin or Pirelli P4. i am confused as i am happy with the stock MRF too.
Check out Yoko as well (A class), they are built for a daily ride in Indian conditions. As for the MRFs (ZV2K), they have sub par grip & they make hell lot of noise once they start to wear out.
Old 17th January 2014, 12:17   #8957
Senior - BHPian

Just got an sms from my dealer that Ford is withdrawing offering 4th year extended warranty on the Figo, but for customer who have opted for the 3rd year extended warranty there is an option to buy it before the 31st of Jan. It costs Rs. 9649/-

Figo owners - Is 4th year EW worth it at this price ? I personally feel it's quite expensive at 9.5k.
Old 17th January 2014, 14:59   #8958
BHPian

Just received my Figo post the 20k service. Below is the Invoice details.

PARTS
Gasket - 57.34
Wash Fluid Pouch - 55.84
Oil Filter - 342.44
Filter Air Cleaner - 286.26
Super Dot - 4 (Brake Fluid) - 610.76
A/C filter - 435.41
Distilled Water - 13.10
Engine Oil (4lts) - 1114.40
Total - 2915.55

LABOUR
Brake System - Bleed - 240 (Forgot to ask the service guys what this is, can anyone throw some light on this)
Full Vehicle Inspection - 1050
Consumables - 150
Engine Room Waxing - 290
Total - 1730

TOTAL BILL
2915.55 + 1730 + 213.82(Srvc Tax) + 422.75(VAT) = 5282.00

I feel many Figo owners had their 20K service done within Rs.5k. Have I been taken for a ride?

Also the noise from C pillar is now gone, so is the creaking noise from the left front door. The service guy tightened the clips & put in some foam to eradicate the noise. The noise from the left door is gone with the use of some foam & some clip tightening.
Old 17th January 2014, 16:14   #8959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
ar extended warranty there is an option to buy it before the 31st of Jan. It costs Rs. 9649/-
Figo owners - Is 4th year EW worth it at this price ? I personally feel it's quite expensive at 9.5k.
I just bought the same extended warranty from Metro Ford Bangalore. I just paid 5,649 for non-RSA for 4th Year. I think in Bangalore, the EW with RSA was 6K something, not 9K something.
gtonsing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 17:59   #8960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Just got an sms from my dealer that Ford is withdrawing offering 4th year extended warranty on the Figo, but for customer who have opted for the 3rd year extended warranty there is an option to buy it before the 31st of Jan. It costs Rs. 9649/-

9.5k is expensive, should not be more than 6k in my opinion.

I guess they are just trying to cash in by announcing they are withdrawing the 4th year EW. Will check if its true through a dealer in Hyderabad.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 18:04   #8961
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Does anyone know how much the circular wheel cap at the wheel center of an alloy wheel cost? One of my colleagues has lost one on his front wheel. He has a 2012 Titanium model that came with alloy wheels. It is that blue circle with Ford written on it.

Even I find one on the front wheel of my Fiesta faded, and would like to replace it. I hope Ford does not charge a bomb for it. If they do, we'll have to scout for local substitutes.
Old 17th January 2014, 19:06   #8962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Completed my 80000km service for my 2010 Aug Figo 1.4 TDCI Zxi version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esu Junior View Post
Did 80k service for my figo TDCI
Any suspension work required for either of your cars till date?

When did you have to replace front brake pads / rear shoes?
Old 17th January 2014, 19:20   #8963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I just bought the same extended warranty from Metro Ford Bangalore. I just paid 5,649 for non-RSA for 4th Year. I think in Bangalore, the EW with RSA was 6K something, not 9K something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat_Figo View Post
9.5k is expensive, should not be more than 6k in my opinion.

I guess they are just trying to cash in by announcing they are withdrawing the 4th year EW. Will check if its true through a dealer in Hyderabad.
The 4th year warranty of the TDCi has always been 9K+.

@gtonsing
Is your car a petrol or a diesel Figo? The petrol car's warranty was around the figure you quoted, when I checked 6 months back. The diesel is significantly more expensive when it comes to EW charges.

@fiat_tarun
Peace of mind is what you'll get if you go for the 4th year warranty. Whether you get your moneys worth, depends on your luck/unluck. My honest opinion. But yes, 9K is pretty expensive for an additional year's warranty.
Old 17th January 2014, 23:08   #8964
Senior - BHPian

Our car is nearing its 4 year mark and 34xxx KM, During the Power steering recall the SA informed me that the Rotors and pads need to be changed? Is this normal? Did anyone else have this changed so early?

I had the brake pads changed once at around 8,000KM during the first year of ownership, This was done under Warranty.

So Technically these pads have done just 26,000 KM
Old 17th January 2014, 23:54   #8965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Our car is nearing its 4 year mark and 34xxx KM, During the Power steering recall the SA informed me that the Rotors and pads need to be changed? Is this normal? Did anyone else have this changed so early?

I had the brake pads changed once at around 8,000KM during the first year of ownership, This was done under Warranty.

So Technically these pads have done just 26,000 KM
Discs replacement suggestion by the SA I feel is a rip off at Ford. I have heard this from many and most them from Ford owners.

In the last service, the SA suggested that the discs have lines and will last till the next service in which it will be replaced. The car has run 30k now and the last service was around 2k kms back.
I clearly told him, only if I feel the disc needs to be replaced, I will give the go ahead for them to replace it .

For some reason, these guys suggest disc replacement as easy as the pads replacement when it is actually the pads that needs to be replaced regularly when they are worn.

Last edited by tharian : 17th January 2014 at 23:55.
Old 18th January 2014, 02:28   #8966
BHPian

I am reaching 70k on my FORD FIGO 2010 model TDCI Titanium...

Wear & Tear and consumables used till now are:

1 Brake Pads changed
2 Front both discs changed
3 All 4 Tyre bearings changed
4 Front suspension along with both link rods (+) plus left drive shaft assembly changed
5 Rear suspensions both changed
6 Engine mount plus timing belt changed
7 Gear Box synchronizer to be changed (on monday after opening gear box)
8 Steering Ball joints both sides changed
9 and many more...

These are parts changed between 55,000 kms - 70,000 kms on paid basis as normal wear n tear

Under Warranty changes:
1 Front suspension changed
2 Audio unit changed thrice
3 Rust problem (whole car repainted)
4 AC fan changed
5 HandBrake issue
6 Cars lock assembly changed
7 Car seat belts rectified with persistinf issue
8 Fuel injectors changed 2 nos.
9 Pickup issues now rectified
10 will update with more

Car now in 4th year of warranty. Consumer court case happening in Feb. No more I am going to bear this trauma. Ford will have to reply !!
Old 18th January 2014, 12:24   #8967
Senior - BHPian

@Dinesh Malhotra, that is a helluva big list. Looks like you got a lemon. While all suspension jobs seem to be ok for a 70 K run car, other stuff like fuel injectors, lock assembly, audio unit, etc seem premature.

And I was wondering how you got the whole car repainted under warranty!
Old 18th January 2014, 19:13   #8968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

Does anyone know how much the circular wheel cap at the wheel center of an alloy wheel cost? One of my colleagues has lost one on his front wheel. He has a 2012 Titanium model that came with alloy wheels. It is that blue circle with Ford written on it.

Even I find one on the front wheel of my Fiesta faded, and would like to replace it. I hope Ford does not charge a bomb for it. If they do, we'll have to scout for local substitutes.
Guys

My pal called up Ford A.S.S. and was quoted an absurd rate of Rs 1200 per wheel cap!! This looks like daylight robbery. It looks like these are more expensive than the logos on the front and rear of the car.

He is seriously thinking of other alternatives. Does anyone have an idea if duplicates are available?
Old 18th January 2014, 19:58   #8969
BHPian

Guys,

Just wanted to confirm if there is any need to change / replace power steering oil since as per the owner's manual it is not mentioned as mandatory at any point of time.

However it is a well known fact that oil does lose its viscosity and character with time, so ideally what should be the right time to change it.
Old 18th January 2014, 20:44   #8970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Guys

My pal called up Ford A.S.S. and was quoted an absurd rate of Rs 1200 per wheel cap!! This looks like daylight robbery. It looks like these are more expensive than the logos on the front and rear of the car.

He is seriously thinking of other alternatives. Does anyone have an idea if duplicates are available?
Even I lost one of the wheel cap and was quoted same price. So, I went to spare parts market and got the pre facelift design wheel caps for 350/- bucks for set of 4.

You can find pics in my ownership thread, though the quality is quite cheap but for the money i paid, I couldn't have got anything better

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks