Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2014, 18:25   #8926
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I recently went on a 2100 Kms trip in South india. One day while driving in the hot sun with 4 adults and 2 kids and a full boot, the a/c stopped working. I had to drive with my windows open. After about half hour, it automatically became alright. This has happened twice before. ( over 2 years back)
Do I need to do anything about it?
Old 3rd January 2014, 19:19   #8927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
the a/c stopped working. I had to drive with my windows open. After about half hour, it automatically became alright.
If everything is alright, then it is safe to assume that the ECU has switched off the AC. So is it that the coolant temperature has gone up? This can happen in crawling traffic conditions.
Old 5th January 2014, 17:11   #8928
BHPian

Guys
My Figo Tdci has run 24k kms. Off late, i can hear some humming sound coming from the wheels.Pretty sure from the front right side. These sounds surface at speeds of 40-60km/per especially while slowing down after the brakes are used. Kindly let me know if this might be a bearing issue or something to do with the tyres. Car is running on MRF , appreciate the help.
I have taken it to a wheel alignment station and they told me that there is slight wobble from the front tyre and their advise was to use it for another 5-10k kms and then change them. I am not so convinced with their diagnosis. I have also taken it to ford but as usual their reply was that everything is normal !
Old 5th January 2014, 18:26   #8929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
If everything is alright, then it is safe to assume that the ECU has switched off the AC. So is it that the coolant temperature has gone up? This can happen in crawling traffic conditions.
It could be a faulty thermostat that controls the AC. I got mine changed for a similar issue under warranty.
Old 5th January 2014, 20:27   #8930
BHPian

Quote:
I recently went on a 2100 Kms trip in South india. One day while driving in the hot sun with 4 adults and 2 kids and a full boot, the a/c stopped working. I had to drive with my windows open. After about half hour, it automatically became alright. This has happened twice before. ( over 2 years back)
I too had this problem twice in Sept 2013, but unlike yours, the AC started working within about 10-15mins. During my 50k service in Nov 2013, I asked them to check and they said everything is fine. Now, since 2 weeks, again I am having the problem intermittently. The overall cooling on a hot afternoon is also slower.
I guess as sansvk said, the thermostat is the culprit.
Old 6th January 2014, 05:23   #8931
BHPian

Hello everyone!
Lately I've noticed that my Figo has started rattling a lot from the door panel area - both driver and passenger side. The rattling is not only when going over bad roads, but also happens when driving slowly or when braking. Anyone else facing the same issue? Is there a diy fix to it?
Thanks!
Old 6th January 2014, 11:17   #8932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the a/c stopped working. I had to drive with my windows open. After about half hour, it automatically became alright. This has happened twice before. ( over 2 years back)
My car has this problem. But the sequence is different. It has never stopped working on the run. It happens when the car is parked after a drive. And then when it's started after a while, the AC is dead. Then again it'll sometimes start working on it's own sometime later but rarely on the run. Maybe after it's parked overnight.

Between 20 and 30K kms the problem had ceased. This was after Ford serviced the blower motor. The problem recurred once again last October. Since then the AC has not been used much. I'll get the blower motor serviced next time.

QUOTE=nishantbhatia84;3336512]Hello everyone!
Lately I've noticed that my Figo has started rattling a lot from the door panel area - both driver and passenger side. The rattling is not only when going over bad roads, but also happens when driving slowly or when braking. Anyone else facing the same issue? Is there a diy fix to it?
Thanks![/quote]
No rattles from the door panel, but the window panes do rattle a bit when completely rolled up. Roll it down a bit and the rattle disappears. Strange. I'd think it should have been the other way, if at all !
My car has also developed a nagging RHS C pillar rattle. Barring these 2, it's fairly ok.
Old 6th January 2014, 12:49   #8933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshav1426 View Post
Guys
My Figo Tdci has run 24k kms. Off late, i can hear some humming sound coming from the wheels.Pretty sure from the front right side. These sounds surface at speeds of 40-60km/per especially while slowing down after the brakes are used. Kindly let me know if this might be a bearing issue or something to do with the tyres. Car is running on MRF , appreciate the help.
!
It sounds like the wheel bearing for sure. To be sure if it is the tire or not, run with the spare tire on that wheel and check for the sound.
Lok of members have had the same issue of the bearing failing quite early.
It costs around 3.5k for a single wheel. If your car is under warranty, check if you can get it done under that.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 12:58   #8934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
It sounds like the wheel bearing for sure. To be sure if it is the tire or not, run with the spare tire on that wheel and check for the sound.
Lok of members have had the same issue of the bearing failing quite early.
It costs around 3.5k for a single wheel. If your car is under warranty, check if you can get it done under that.

Tharian

thanks, i will go get my tyres rotated and balanced, then will see if there is any improvement.
Old 6th January 2014, 14:07   #8935
Senior - BHPian

Just gave my car for 10k service, have been given estimate of 1900/- bucks, I said no for alignment and balancing, will get it done outside.

I'll post the invoice as soon as i get the car.
Old 6th January 2014, 15:42   #8936
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

My 16K run Figo tdci is producing a mild squeak whenever I release the brake pedal. The sound is coming from the pedal area.Braking is fine though. Has anyone else faced this issue? I do plan to take it to Ford A.S.S this weekend, but was wondering why that sound is coming.
Old 6th January 2014, 17:19   #8937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys,

My 16K run Figo tdci is producing a mild squeak whenever I release the brake pedal. The sound is coming from the pedal area.Braking is fine though. Has anyone else faced this issue? I do plan to take it to Ford A.S.S this weekend, but was wondering why that sound is coming.
Had this issue with my Figo, but it was prevalent during the first 5k kms only. The service guy told me the sound comes if you press & release the brake pedal while the clutch is pressed.

I found the explanation strange but after a few more kms the issue disappeared. Also this used to happen more often when the car was moving down a slope.
Venkat_Figo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2014, 19:25   #8938
BHPian

Guys,

I'm facing the same issue with my Figo. Since the braking is fine I haven't bothered.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 11:59   #8939
Senior - BHPian

With all the car companies hiking prices across their range, do we expect figo to follow same trend? Or ford is going leave figo as it is?
Old 7th January 2014, 13:25   #8940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
With all the car companies hiking prices across their range, do we expect figo to follow same trend? Or ford is going leave figo as it is?
The Figo is the best priced hatch IMO, it sells well even today (though not as good as it used to) & this is attributed to it VFM tag.

Since all manufacturers are bound to hike prices across segments, Ford should be taking the plunge with the Figo. Also I believe the next gen Figo is due in 2015 & the increased focus on Ecosport, this may not hurt Ford much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks