Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 20:24   #8536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post

The 4th year extended warranty is Rs. 5649/- I strongly recommend you go for it as it is a small price to pay to take care of any issues for the next one year.

After getting my 4th year warranty, within a couple of weeks I had to replace the steering spring which indicates the proper functioning of the airbag. This costs around 6K! And if you go thru what is covered in the 4th year, it definitely is worth it, go for it!
Thanks @sumathindra. What is usually the last day for applying for 4th year warranty?
Old 17th September 2013, 20:41   #8537
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Thanks @sumathindra. What is usually the last day for applying for 4th year warranty?

Anytime before the 3rd year expires you can get the 4th year warranty.
That is what I did.

I will be taking my car for the RTB, Power steering hose and the head light lever issue shortly.
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 22:41   #8538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post

Anytime before the 3rd year expires you can get the 4th year warranty.
That is what I did.

I will be taking my car for the RTB, Power steering hose and the head light lever issue shortly.
Thanks. I need to get that done before end of this month. Even insurance also needs to be renewed.

Wasnt this RTB and Power steering done already?

Mine was checked earlier and only the PS hose was replaced. RTB seemed to be ok.
Old 17th September 2013, 22:49   #8539
BHPian

Quote:
My 1.2 was inspected for the RTB and found good and not replaced. The hose was replaced though as there was an apparent leak! This was like 7 to 8 months back. It was covered under warranty.
This one looks like a new recall. Mine too was inspected some time back. At that time they changed the RTB, but kept the same PS hose telling me that only the RTB is defective and hose is ok.

This time on checking with FORD FSA link ( http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...service-action ), it is showing "PAS hose leak".
Old 17th September 2013, 23:35   #8540
Senior - BHPian

I was having some squeak coming from right rear side, I thought it's the part of the recall, but then saw that mine is may 2013 manufacture, so its not the part of the batch recalled.

Anyways, I was hating the ford's build quality, that it developed the rattle in 2.5 months and 5k kms, I like my car to be silent and it was the only noise which was irritating me. So for the sake of it, just did some experiment at the rear to find where the noise is coming from, Got the culprit, The rear seat was not pushed back properly thus making noises. So, slammed the seat back to its place and Voila, The car is as silent as it was when new

Finally, it's a bliss to drive the silent car again.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2013, 10:59   #8541
BHPian

Today i gave my car (Figo TDCI) for Ford field service action campaign, They said they will check and replace (if necessary) Rear twist beam under warranty and Power steering hose check/replacement is only for Petrol models.

http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...service-action, the link too suggest the same when i feed in my VIN number.

According to the Service executive, they will replace Rear twist beam only if they find any crack on it, otherwise they will just give back the car. Hope they will check properly.

Chennai Ford Arumbakkam service center is filled up with vehicles today, i guess most of them came for the Field service action thing.
Old 18th September 2013, 11:59   #8542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedate View Post
This one looks like a new recall. Mine too was inspected some time back. At that time they changed the RTB, but kept the same PS hose telling me that only the RTB is defective and hose is ok.

This time on checking with FORD FSA link ( http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...service-action ), it is showing "PAS hose leak".
Yes I did check with my VIN number and it shows "FIGO/FIESTA PAS HOSE LEAK" Since this was replaced would it really warrant a visit for a check? Any opinions please? Ideally they should have updated my VIN number as part replaced and should not have shown the recall...

Last edited by sumathindra : 18th September 2013 at 12:00. Reason: edits
Old 18th September 2013, 12:15   #8543
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I did check with my VIN number and it shows "FIGO/FIESTA PAS HOSE LEAK" Since this was replaced would it really warrant a visit for a check? Any opinions please? Ideally they should have updated my VIN number as part replaced and should not have shown the recall...
Last time when I took it for the FSA, they told me that the PAS hose is ok and doesn't need any replacement. They replaced the RTB after their inspection.

If it shows up in the FSA list, I think it will be a better idea to change the PAS hose. After all its all about peace of mind(though it takes lot of time and effort) for me as I intend to keep this car for long.
Old 18th September 2013, 12:20   #8544
BHPian

Quote:
Last time when I took it for the FSA, they told me that the PAS hose is ok and doesn't need any replacement. They replaced the RTB after their inspection.

If it shows up in the FSA list, I think it will be a better idea to change the PAS hose. After all its all about peace of mind(though it takes lot of time and effort) for me as I intend to keep this car for long.
Yes same here. I plan to keep my car for long as well and more over it is a nagging issue if not resolved. Have to plan a visit to the dealership this week.

The worst part is when they replaced the PAS hose last time, I had to go back after a couple of days as the steering was very tight/rigid. They inspected and found it faulty and replaced it again after sourcing it from Chennai. And now again I have to get it checked just because it shows up in their recall list

Last edited by sumathindra : 18th September 2013 at 12:21. Reason: edits
Old 18th September 2013, 18:25   #8545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Today i gave my car (Figo TDCI) for Ford field service action campaign, ....

http://www.india.ford.com/ford-servi...service-action, the link too suggest the same when i feed in my VIN number.

According to the Service executive, they will replace Rear twist beam only if they find any crack on it, otherwise they will just give back the car. Hope they will check properly.
Update: Just got a call from the SE, that there is no need for RTB replacement in my car as they checked and find out nothing wrong.
They didn't touch the car till 4.00 p.m. and they took my car for check-up only after my 2nd consecutive call. Don't know how/what they checked.

I don't find the reason for booking service prior to a day, as the SEs are occupied and they able to carry the work only after repeated calls.
Old 19th September 2013, 21:02   #8546
BHPian

I gave my car for RTB Field Service Action this Wednesday. I was told it would take 3-4 hrs for inspection depending on the rush. And because it was really crowded, it took about 7 hrs at Metro Ford, St. Marks road, Bangalore. They've replaced the RTB in my car.
Old 21st September 2013, 21:51   #8547
BHPian

Took my car to the authorized 'service' center. The power steering hose was for replacement as part of FSA.

As I had some long trip(continuous with short breaks) with the current engine oil asked SA to replace the oil too. Courteously got double billed for the oil change - Checked the invoice at the center which only stated the amount, but found the actual double billing on reading the original bill(which they provide in an envelope).

Other than the billing issue, this time, the service was smooth. BTW, does an oil change cost 320 rupee in labor and 150 rupee as consumables?

Attached image of the double billing! Ethics seems to be missing from automobile business!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc02177_highlighted.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2013, 23:01   #8548
Senior - BHPian

Ha Ha Sedate; you should upload that bill on Facebook. Talk about cheap ford maintenance comparable to Maruthi.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:47   #8549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, does an oil change cost 320 rupee in labor and 150 rupee as consumables?
If the guys at Ford did not make a mistake, then one for oil change and another for oil filter replacement.
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:37   #8550
BHPian

I'am hearing a rub rub noise from my Figo's front wheel (probably left side) while riding over smooth tarmac. This noise appears ONLY while riding over smooth tarmac surface. It comes around 30 kmph and stays till 60-70 kmph and fades up after that.

I complains about the same during my 20k service, and the SE couldn't reproduce the noise during TD. I asked them to explicitly check for any issues in brake pads (I suspect brake shoes interfere with the wheel while rotating).
While delivering the car, they said the Brake discs got deeper marks and needs to be replaced before next service and this might cause the rub rub noise issue. They also added that it can be done at 25k.

I never found any issues in braking capability, but this noise gives me irritation, and could feel the effect of the noise while placing the bare foot on the front side floor well.

I suspect this noise may occur if there is any bent in brake pads. I'am not sure whether marks in brake discs causes this rub rub noise.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I'am planning to take my car to SC again after this weekend, they are now overcrowded because of the Field service action.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks