Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2013, 11:30   #8341
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Drive_Addict - How much do dealers in Chennai charge as handling charge in Chennai ? I have been told its 7200 and another 500 for the number plate. This is daylight robbery considering Maruti charged us 6000 with number plate for the Ertiga.
Sorry i didn't remember the exact price, but for sure i was not charged for number plate. May be recent buyers like Arch-angel and Swami can answer and help Fiat-Tarun

By the time i bought, before 2012 budget there was a rumour about tax-ing the Diesel cars. So dealers here were very rigid on the prices of diesel models. So i had a tough time in bargaining. I managed to get only 10k Discount on the quoted OTR (including corporate and cash discount). No free insurance, No exchange bonus in my case.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 09:57   #8342
BHPian

Tarun, i wasn't charged for the number plate as well. I paid about 1k as registration charges and thats about it(as far as i remember).
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2013, 12:07   #8343
Senior - BHPian

Just came back after making part payment to the dealership, Will give the DD tomorrow morning and the car will be mine by 5'o clock tomorrow

BTW final price came to 568,000 with 0 dep insurance. Will post the pics tomorrow, Damn just can't wait now.
Old 5th July 2013, 11:47   #8344
BHPian

I am facing a strange issue with my ride. Whenever the car is moving, there is a sound like something is rubbing and trying to slow the car down and the vibration can be felt through the floor of the car as well. Its a typical low frequency noise and cannot be classified as a judder/shudder. Has anyone faced this?
Old 5th July 2013, 11:52   #8345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
I am facing a strange issue with my ride. Whenever the car is moving, there is a sound like something is rubbing and trying to slow the car down and the vibration can be felt through the floor of the car as well. Its a typical low frequency noise and cannot be classified as a judder/shudder. Has anyone faced this?
Is this happening at all speeds? Check visually if physically there is something in contact with your car's tires on the inside. Bearing hum is usually noticed at higher speeds.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 11:55   #8346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sounds like something is messing up with the wheel. Your best bet would be to show it up at the service station. Do keep us updated.
sameerg001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 12:04   #8347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Is this happening at all speeds? Check visually if physically there is something in contact with your car's tires on the inside. Bearing hum is usually noticed at higher speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Sounds like something is messing up with the wheel. Your best bet would be to show it up at the service station. Do keep us updated.
Replying to both of you, here are the things i checked.

1. Tyre air pressure:

Since this issue seems to occur at low speeds (20 onwards) i did check if the tyres have enough air and they seem to have. Hence i have let this bit to be scrutinized later.

2. Any scraping:

I did use my cell phone's light to illuminate the wheel arches and tyre's inner sides to check if there is anything fouling with movement.
I couldnt exactly see anything and hence, i have thought about going to the service centre and getting the car's underbody inspected.

Events of concern:

Very recently, i had instances of 2 underbody scrapes and a bag filled with coconut shells being moved underneath the car(this was unavoidable as the road was quite narrow).

Also, i had my underbody coating and first service done only 2 weeks back.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 5th July 2013 at 12:05.
Old 5th July 2013, 12:07   #8348
Senior - BHPian

^^Does the judder/vibrations increase with increase, in speed?

Or any order, which you noticed, the judder occurs and go??
Old 5th July 2013, 12:09   #8349
BHPian

It doesnt exactly go but as the vehicle picks up speed, this noise seems to get slightly less noticeable. However, i am not ruling out possibility of something fouling with the wheels. Another peculiar thing is that the vibrations can sometimes be felt through the clutch pedal.
Old 5th July 2013, 12:11   #8350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It doesnt exactly go but as the vehicle picks up speed, this noise seems to get slightly less noticeable. However, i am not ruling out possibility of something fouling with the wheels. Another peculiar thing is that the vibrations can sometimes be felt through the clutch pedal.
No clue, hearing this kind of thing for first time. Do keep us updated, on this issue.
Old 5th July 2013, 12:16   #8351
BHPian

Will do. As it is, i have absolutely no reference as to what this issue actually is. If it was a consequence to an underbody hit, it still couldnt have damaged the tranny system. However, it could have hit something or it could be something has gotten lodged between the moving parts or in a wierd case, maybe my brake shoes are contacting the front brake discs.
Old 5th July 2013, 12:23   #8352
Senior - BHPian

Did you check if something is caught in the underbody. Like maybe the sack. Please inspect the undercarriage in good light.
wildsdi5530 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 12:38   #8353
BHPian

Quote:
maybe my brake shoes are contacting the front brake discs.
Just check the temperature of wheel after a short ride, if it is indeed a brake jam then the wheels will be extraordinary hot.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 12:41   #8354
BHPian

Quote:
Will do. As it is, i have absolutely no reference as to what this issue actually is. If it was a consequence to an underbody hit, it still couldnt have damaged the tranny system. However, it could have hit something or it could be something has gotten lodged between the moving parts or in a wierd case, maybe my brake shoes are contacting the front brake discs.
Could be break shoes contacting with the brake discs, since you said this causes slowing down your vehicle in your first post.

Rule out wheel bearing, since it comes only when speed builds up and its more of a steady humming noise. I recently experienced the same and fixed it via ASC.

Best bet is to take it to the ASC, an experienced mechanic can identify the issue in couple of meters of test drive.
Old 5th July 2013, 12:41   #8355
BHPian

Thanks for the info F8B and wildsdi. I will check it thoroughly once i return from work today.

Edit: Will do, Drive_Addict.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks