Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2013, 20:14   #8206
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
From a couple of days I am seeing this seat belt sign glow! Not sure what it means, anyone has had similar experience? Do i need to look at something specific to resolve it?
This is an Airbag malfunction indication light.

Might have come alive due to any front bumper impact or any malfunctioning sensor related to it.
get it checked at Ford Service center as soon as possible to prevent any further unexpected damage.
Old 19th May 2013, 20:53   #8207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
I bought the Figo last year, my love for it has waned due to the ground clearance and driving fatigue issues.

Though many owners might disagree , I feel that my 1.4 TDCi (2010) has some fatiguing issues . Its mostly due to thevibration which i feel is much higher when compared to a Swift / i20 / Punto . The lack of power is evident on highways as engine braking kicks in very soon . So that jerks the car at 90+ .
But besides that . I love the Seating much more than any other hatches. The Ergonomics are perfect for me as i'm not a 6 footer .
Old 19th May 2013, 21:15   #8208
BHPian

I own a figo for more than a year and myself 6 feet 1 inches tall but out of my three cars this feel the most comfortable and most driver friendly. Though everyone has their own opinion my figo trumps both vento and ritz in driving comfort and agility. The clearance is bit of an issue on bad breakers but since I usually drive solo its manageable.
Old 19th May 2013, 21:16   #8209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Gave my car with Chennai Ford Arumbakkam. I have the following complaints.
#1. Some noise (kinda grrr metal to metal sound) coming up from front left side while riding over rough patches.
#2. Some whistle kinda noise while applying brake (This is occasional, but happens daily morning)

The SA along with me went for a spin, and he accept the #1.
but as always happens with SC TD, #2 didn't happenned.
He asked me whether i water wash daily. I know the point and i dont wash my car daily, once in 2 weeks only and i do the washing myself. informed the same to SA. since the issue is not repro' SA doesn't botherred.

For #1, They want 2 days time and they can only ramp the car tomorrow for checking. they need to inspect suspension and it might take sunday to get my car deliverred. The car sitting idle/untouched today at workshop

Met one Mr. Henry (hehe not Henry Ford), He seems cooperative. lets see how it turns out.
Got my car back from service, They fixed the noise, its the known issue 'Brake calipers'! Its fixed for now but as many in the forum said before, that it prone to come back :-(. Have to wait n see.

Experience with ASC, not that good!. The service manager Henry is although a nice guy, but i could see all the managers got overloaded. Though the reason for my visit got accomplished i was happy about that, but I asked for a water wash, the end result was pathetic!!. i could see all sort of water marks all over the car. And they use some very bad cloth to wipe out the water. i had a very hard time to get my car back home with all that stains in the glass. There is no point in asking them to re-clean as they gona use that ugly cloth again.

With my previous car, my experience with MASS was nice (ofcourse its not to be compared), but what i can see there in MASS is that, there i could see atleast ~10 managers in ASC (MSM, Guindy) may be even more. Here in Chennai Ford Aumbakkam. I could only see 4 of them and they have plenty of customers to look at.

I could not see any known faces inside the workshop, most of them seems to be new inside the workshop. When i had a casual chat with one ASC guy, i came to know that people tend to move out quickly, seems they were not geting enough pay/motivation. I heard the same with MPL from my coleague.

Unless the management able to retain good resources, this will gona be the same and will get worse when they start handling
Ecosport.

I think FORD should get involved in keeping up their Franchised ASC to met customer expectation and keep 'em satisfied, otherwise it will be hard even if they have very good products in their stable.
I can see atleast 3 of the customers going back un-satisfied.
There is only one person to do the billing :-) i wonder why cant they add more.

Do i recommend Chennai Ford!. Yes. What to do, when there are only very few ASC around.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 19th May 2013 at 21:19.
Old 25th May 2013, 14:58   #8210
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am at ASC for 30 K service. I have been quoted 1750 for fuel filter. Is it that expensive? Anybody recently changed it?
Old 25th May 2013, 15:18   #8211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, I am at ASC for 30 K service. I have been quoted 1750 for fuel filter. Is it that expensive? Anybody recently changed it?
See this post by @dhinchak http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3059856
You might want to PM and ask for bill breakdown?

On a separate note, last week, I drove over a dressed granite stone - the type used for construction. It was a really big one, and I hit it at 80kmph on Hosur Road, near the Garvebhavipalya signal. As soon as I hit the stone, I checked my rear view mirror and saw oil dumped on the road, so promptly took U-turn at signal and stopped in service road. Got the car back from Lathangi yesterday. Total damage to wallet 12K - 4K for labour, 1.7K for towing, 3K for the oil.

Here are some pictures. The towing eye attached to my car's bumper in the first pic is kept in the boot, along with the jack.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20130522_144723.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20130522_144855.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_20130522_151132.jpg  

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 25th May 2013 at 15:35.
Old 25th May 2013, 16:05   #8212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Here are some pictures. The towing eye attached to my car's bumper in the first pic is kept in the boot, along with the jack.
That is one nasty opening in the last picture :(
Old 25th May 2013, 19:12   #8213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Yes the diesel filter is about that much. Recently changed it at 60K service
Also changed a single tire at Tyre store, Greams Road, Chennai. Cost 4200/- and 800/- for wheel alignment and balancing.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2013, 15:17   #8214
BHPian

Few days ago I took my figo to the ASSC for a simple job of wheel balancing and alignment and to address few other sounds from the suspension. Now I am sure the service level has gone down drastically.

1. There were grease stains all over the car. The grey foot mats were literally black and when I drove the car back, my hands were black with greasy grime on the steering wheel.

2. They aligned the wheels thrice but still the car pulled to left and they said its normal. The car was 100% ok before they touched it. I went for balancing and alignment just as a precautionary measure. There was no pulling and the tyre wear was 100% even.
After spending close to 2000 rs. and full day at ASSC I got a car with screwed alignment! I again got the alignment done outside. Now the car is not pulling left but I feel that the steering wheel is tilted towards right while the wheels are dead straight. And when i bring the Steering to 12'o clock position, the car starts going to left!

3. The stalling issue was present in my car and the engine had stalled while changing the gears almost 10-12 times since 10 months. After explaining the problem and the solution (ECU flashing), they said they would charge Rs. 450/- just to plug the OBD tool and they would look for error codes. They also said that they haven't received any circular from ford regarding software upgrade and the related issue so they can't do that. Later, the mechanic adjusted something near the clutch and upon asking they said that they had adjusted the 'coupler' and now the stalling issue won't resurface.

Now I curse myself for visiting the ASSC 70 kms away and wasting entire day and money, screwing up a 100% OK alignment only to get few squeaks sorted and grease stains all over!

The ASSC was Garuda ford - Dhanbad.

Now I have learnt that fiddling with a thing which is 100% fine, would screw it!!

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 26th May 2013 at 15:29.
Old 26th May 2013, 18:15   #8215
Senior - BHPian

Earlier i thought the tdci engine is sensitive to fuel, and hence the tractor sound sometimes, as if, no oil is reaching the engine head.

But then, the sound comes on a mind of it's own whereas it was smoother the rest of the times(same company diesel).
Old 27th May 2013, 12:32   #8216
BANNED

guys, not sure whether anyone has similar experience earlier on this :

I was on a 570km drive yesterday from cochin to bangalore

conditions :
- tdci titanium
- 4 people with luggage
- car is not much run-- 6.1k odo before the drive
- car has dec 2011 VIN, I had asked for S/W update on the 2nd service if any, he had said yes it needed to be updated & that they had updated it
- car completed 2nd service around 7-8 months ago, hardly ran 2k kms after that

this is what i experienced around 7-8 times :
- in 5th gear (for speeds ranging from 90 to 110) there is some 'knocking' from the engine; (the sound is drrrrrrrrrrrr--gdu-gdu-gdu---drrrrrr) the kind of sound and A-pedal feel you get when you are in a gear too high for the speed and the engine is about to die... the whole car 'jerks' like it is about to cough for 2-3 seconds & gets back to original smooth running - this was very scary at speeds ; so stuck to 80-90 after that and got this once for this speed range as well. (all this happens in 5th, dont remember exactly whether this occured while i was in 4th or lower, but I am inclined to believe this did not happen on any gear other than 5th)

After 5-6 hrs after the drive got over, I examined the oil-level and it showed full (all 4 sections are dark after I dipped the stick in again after cleaning it with cloth)
What else could be the problem ? Fuel quality ? (tanked in cochin from same HP pump we have been tanking up for long; this is the first time this occured)

Any leads guys ? I dont want to take it to any ford SC before I get a reply from you guys; Please help.

Last edited by venkyhere : 27th May 2013 at 12:35.
Old 27th May 2013, 13:28   #8217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Total damage to wallet 12K - 4K for labour, 1.7K for towing, 3K for the oil.
Hey hope all ok. Was this covered in Insurance?
Old 27th May 2013, 15:51   #8218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Hey hope all ok. Was this covered in Insurance?
I did not opt for claiming insurance. Although, I would have, if there was engine damage. And there wasn't any.

The car is as good as it was just the minute before the incident!
Old 27th May 2013, 22:40   #8219
BHPian

Hi,
Can any one throw some light on the issue that I am observing on my year old Figo. Its 1.4 Titanium May 2012 model and has run 16K so far.
The problem is that the car suddenly and quietly stops even before I can realize, until the 8 chimes starts to play again and the steering becomes heavy. It has occurred three times so far and all within initial 5-10 mins of drive and while slowing down from relatively slow speed with the clutch being pressed and gentle application of brake. I do normally idle my car for around 30-45 sec before each start, but is the problem with the idle speed controller when the engine is yet to reach optimum temperature.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:18   #8220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hi,
Can any one throw some light on the issue that I am observing on my year old Figo. Its 1.4 Titanium May 2012 model and has run 16K so far.
The problem is that the car suddenly and quietly stops even before I can realize, until the 8 chimes starts to play again and the steering becomes heavy. It has occurred three times so far and all within initial 5-10 mins of drive and while slowing down from relatively slow speed with the clutch being pressed and gentle application of brake. I do normally idle my car for around 30-45 sec before each start, but is the problem with the idle speed controller when the engine is yet to reach optimum temperature.
Get the ECU / PCM firmware update done from your ford dealer. The whole process will take 20 mins. I had got it done too 18 months back when I my car was facing the same issue. No re-occurrence till date. Touchwood.
Here is the link to the same issue - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nshifting.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks