Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2013, 10:05   #8176
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Facing couple of issues:

I had done 3rd service (20k) couple of months back, current odometer reading at (23.8k), since 3rd service car has developed engine shutoff issue while downshifting + Rear Door rattle. Another thing I noticed was falling oil level, when I checked oil level using Dip Stick it was pretty low. Booked a complaint and headed straight to FORD A.S.S at kochin.

Service advisor told me about a new ECU update, which will tackle the shutoff issue , Rear Door its just minor adjustment. The villain was falling OIL level, S.A is suspecting faulty TURBO, he was behaving like its a common issue. For fixing I will have to leave car @ service station for 4 days. They will remove the TURBO and send it to CHENNAI for overhauling. I needed car this weekend, so I have asked S.A to go for an oil top-up, planning get work done next week.
Old 15th May 2013, 10:27   #8177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Facing couple of issues:

I had done.... next week.
Hi Limited edition,

If the turbo was at fault for the falling oil level, you need to check a few things. Does the exhaust smoke? Is there any decrease in acceleration?
Also, my car has just done around 700 kms. Squeaks have originated already . Not very bothersome but it is irritating that a new car developed it so soon. Hope it gets fixed.
Old 15th May 2013, 12:31   #8178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Is your friend's car a Duratorque or the Duratec (petrol)? There are few fiesta diesel owners who reported the same problem as the Figo under similar situation, not otherwise. So if the car dies while clutch is depressed, then it can be the same issue. Please check with him. And if it's the petrol, then it "could" be a bad ignition coil. We had a similar issue with our Santro and was diagnosed to be a faulty ignition coil which when replaced, solved the problem.
Want to provide the update on this issue. It is a TDCi engine fiesta classic.
The car was 2 years and 40K KMs old and this problem of engine shut started only couple of months back. My friend went to Ford service station and they upgraded the Firmware. But the issue was still there.

I happened to travel with him for about a week and almost every day the car shuts down after couple of minutes from the start. One thing i noticed that he never practiced the idle in the start and from minute zero he zooms (after a brief security check in the office gate). I remembered the post from GTO on turbo about the good practice of doing a minute of idle after the cold start and told about this to my friend. And this worked for him and the engine shut didn't come after that.
Old 15th May 2013, 12:46   #8179
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, I upgraded my car's headlamps to Osram nightbreakers plus couple of weeks back. Performance is decent after the upgrade and they are certainly more brighter. I dont think they are 90% more bright as manf claims but maybe 40-50% range. Of course one of the limitation is that high beam on the Figo has a limited spread hence the overall illumination improvement is only in that region. Light is slightly whiter and bluer in parts. There is a shade mismatch between the fog lights and the head lamps now but I dont care about that much.

Also upgraded the ICE on my car. Had switched to infinity components on the front earlier with everything else stock. Now I have added a ground zero 4 ch amp and GZ sub woofer as well. Mind blowing results . Review coming in ICE section soon.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:06   #8180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Also upgraded the ICE on my car. Had switched to infinity components on the front earlier with everything else stock. Now I have added a ground zero 4 ch amp and GZ sub woofer as well. Mind blowing results . Review coming in ICE section soon.
Congrats on your upgrade !
While you added components to front speakers, did you notice any improvements to sound quality and volume ?

How did you connect amp to the stock H.U ? Is there any pre-out to the H.U ?
Old 15th May 2013, 13:07   #8181
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Folks, I upgraded my car's headlamps to Osram nightbreakers plus ....

Also upgraded the ICE on my car. ... Mind blowing results . Review coming in ICE section soon.
Hi SuperTinu, Eagerrrrly waiting for your review on ICE. I too upgraded my ICE with Infinity reference comps at front and a sony 2 channel amp to power that. Now its crystal clear and SQ is great.

How do you feed-in the amp? Figo's OEM system doesn't have the pre-out. And how about the sub-woofer? OEM doesnt have the sub woofer control

In my case I have used high-level (speaker level) input in the amp. and stayed away from adding sub since it occupies space as well as i couldn't able to control it from the system.
Old 15th May 2013, 13:48   #8182
Senior - BHPian

Any idea what is the life on the Ford OEM battery on the Figo. My 1.2 is almost 3 years old with quite a bit of add on electrical accessories.

The engine died twice in the last 10 days while clutching which leads me to believe the battery is dying since it happened in the night when headlamps , system , A/C and wipers were on.
It happened when the AC was running . When the clutch is depressed and the rpm at almost idle, there is a short gurgle of the engine like it shut off and restarted in a milli second. On two occasions, the restart did not happen.
When I ran it on test mode with all lights and gadgets running, the charge dropped to 13.9 when on idle and to 14.1 when accelerating.

All the times when the car died I was lucky there was no vehicle in the front.

Any inputs would be great.
Regards

Last edited by tharian : 15th May 2013 at 13:51.
Old 15th May 2013, 15:02   #8183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Congrats on your upgrade !
While you added components to front speakers, did you notice any improvements to sound quality and volume ?

How did you connect amp to the stock H.U ? Is there any pre-out to the H.U ?
Ofcourse. Just the components itself without the amp also made a huge difference to the clarity. Not as much to the volume though since its more dependent on the HU amp.

See my response below to Drive_Addicts question on connectivity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Hi SuperTinu, Eagerrrrly waiting for your review on ICE. I too upgraded my ICE with Infinity reference comps at front and a sony 2 channel amp to power that. Now its crystal clear and SQ is great.

How do you feed-in the amp? Figo's OEM system doesn't have the pre-out. And how about the sub-woofer? OEM doesnt have the sub woofer control

In my case I have used high-level (speaker level) input in the amp. and stayed away from adding sub since it occupies space as well as i couldn't able to control it from the system.
You are right, there is no sub control or preamp outs on the HU. Thats one of the reason why I chose Ground Zero amp as it has high level inputs and no need to add ext hi-lo converter. In terms of connectivity what my installer did was, he took front channels to input 2 channels of the amp and fed those into the front components. The rear HU channel was tapped and fed to the other 2 ch of the amp which were bridged to power the sub. THe rear door speakers run directly from the HU. With this setup I have fader control to reduce the output of the sub without impacting the front components. Its a good compromise and works well for me since I dont want too much bass either.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2013, 19:16   #8184
BHPian

Guys,

need your help. An idiot of astronomic proportions driving a auto-goods carrier did this to my vehicle. Anyone knows a person capable of handling jobs like this in chennai? Pains me to see my figo in such a bad state :(.

Damage portion#1
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imag0469.jpg

Closer look
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imag0470.jpg

Closer still
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imag0472.jpg

Another
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imag0473.jpg

Not looking for sympathy here but rather guidance on how to go about it. The nincompoop just zoomed after crashing into me. Spineless cowards!

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 15th May 2013 at 19:17.
Old 15th May 2013, 19:52   #8185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Guys,

need your help. An idiot of astronomic proportions driving a auto-goods carrier did this to my vehicle. Anyone knows a person capable of handling jobs like this in chennai? Pains me to see my figo in such a bad state :(.

Not looking for sympathy here but rather guidance on how to go about it. The nincompoop just zoomed after crashing into me. Spineless cowards!
Sorry to see your figo in this state. I had a similar experience with a drunken biker who brushed the left side of bumper while taking a turn, resulting in a small dent and handful of scratches

Had a 1 hour polishing session with Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0 and voila the scratches were gone. I have left the dent as it is for the time being.
Old 15th May 2013, 23:42   #8186
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Folks, I upgraded my car's headlamps to Osram nightbreakers plus couple of weeks back. Performance is decent after the upgrade and they are certainly more brighter. I dont think they are 90% more bright as manf claims but maybe 40-50% range. Of course one of the limitation is that high beam on the Figo has a limited spread hence the overall illumination improvement is only in that region. Light is slightly whiter and bluer in parts. There is a shade mismatch between the fog lights and the head lamps now but I dont care about that much.
Even I changed the stock Halonix bulbs to Osram NB's few weeks ago. The illumination is better and brighter. The high beam of the stock bulbs was on the lower side to the ground @ 0 position but I have a feeling that that the focus with the new bubs is even more towards the ground. The low beam now illuminates the area just below the headlight. Have you experienced the same?

Can some manual adjustments be made to correct the focus?
Old 16th May 2013, 09:47   #8187
BHPian

From a couple of days I am seeing this seat belt sign glow! Not sure what it means, anyone has had similar experience? Do i need to look at something specific to resolve it?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20130510_190324.jpg  

Old 16th May 2013, 10:02   #8188
Team-BHP Support

From the looks of it, it doesn't appear as the seat-belt sign, but ABS malfunction lamp coming on. Please do visit an authorized service center & get it checked.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:11   #8189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Guys,

Sorry about this one Arch Angel. Unfortunate but these kind of behaviors are very common on our roads . Nevertheless your damage doesn't look too bad. Go to a decent body shop first and see what all they can do with a rubbing compound. once its all cleaned up then you can decide if the extent of damage requires anything else in terms of paint job or denting/painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Even I changed the stock Halonix bulbs to Osram NB's few weeks ago. The illumination is better and brighter. The high beam of the stock bulbs was on the lower side to the ground @ 0 position but I have a feeling that that the focus with the new bubs is even more towards the ground. The low beam now illuminates the area just below the headlight. Have you experienced the same?
Can some manual adjustments be made to correct the focus?
Maybe I didnt understand what you meant, but I have not felt too much of a difference in terms of the throw of the light. Both for low and high beam. On high beam there is a visible bluish region now on the bottom side which wasnt very bright earlier with the stock bubls.

You can manually move each H/L up and down and left and right. There are 2 holes on top of the H/L assembly which allows for a long screwdriver to be inserted and rotate 2 gears which adjust the H/L. I have done it once. You will however need a long screwdriver with american style cross tip to rotate the gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
From a couple of days I am seeing this seat belt sign glow! Not sure what it means, anyone has had similar experience? Do i need to look at something specific to resolve it?
this looks like an airbag malfunction light. Please visit A.S.S for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
From the looks of it, it doesn't appear as the seat-belt sign, but ABS malfunction lamp coming on. Please do visit an authorized service center & get it checked.
THis is airbag check light. There is a separate one for brakes which likes like (ABS) when lit

Last edited by supertinu : 16th May 2013 at 10:14.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:50   #8190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Airbag Light -- Why Does it Come On?

Quote:
Dangers of Leaving Your Airbag Light On

As we just talked about, the airbag is a very complex system of sensors, programming, and wiring. Trying to fix it yourself isn't recommended for obvious reasons. The good news is that while the airbag light or SRS light is on, the airbag won't deploy.
On the left is the Airbag sign and on the right is the ABS sign
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-airbag-sign.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-toyotaabslight.jpg  

Last edited by neofromcapone : 16th May 2013 at 10:52. Reason: pics not aligned a posted.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks