Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 16:51   #8146
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Take it easy Maxwell. I know it really hurts to see your ride in bad shape but it will be back to new after body shop job. Main thing is that you are not hurt and neither were those moron bikers. Had they got hurt then it would have been bigger hassle for you.

Few comments based on my experience when my car had a hit on the front left
  • In all likelyhood the headlight plastic casing might have cracked and you will need to replace that entirely
  • Dumper damage doesnt seem to be that much and should be repairable. A.S.S guys will insist on a complete change. This happened in my case
  • The front right fender looks bent. That can be fixed as well but A.S.S will ask you to replace it completely. End of it in reality they will only repair and charge for new, happened with me.
  • Rear damage looks repairable without any change
Do you have bumper to bumper coverage? i would suggest getting that incase you dont have in future. It will always comes in handy in these kind of cases.
Thanks. Yes. All I was told that the insurance would cover most of it and that I have to shell out a couple of thousands for the repair job. The headlight will have to be replaced since the clamps that hold the assembly have been broken. The other parts are repairable and restored by painting. The rear and the front bumper would be painted completely as I was told.

No I do not have bumper to bumper. I am getting the same when I renew it this year.

Last edited by Maxwell Arthur : 6th May 2013 at 16:52. Reason: Missed a question
Old 7th May 2013, 20:10   #8147
BHPian

I am almost inclined to buy the figo tdci to replace my vista qdj that was bought in nov. 2009. The niggles that the vista offer are too frequent and time and money depleting. My only grouse is that weather it would be a downgrade in terms of crash safety, space etc???
Old 7th May 2013, 20:17   #8148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
I am almost inclined to buy the figo tdci to replace my vista qdj that was bought in nov. 2009. The niggles that the vista offer are too frequent and time and money depleting. My only grouse is that weather it would be a downgrade in terms of crash safety, space etc???
The Figo wouldn't be a "downgrade" - it offers a different package and has different strengths when compared to the Vista. And they belong to the same segment.

My cousin was in the exact same position as you are in - he had a 2009 Vista and was sick of the niggles. In the end, he replaced it with a new Vista. I drove both cars (2009 & 2013 Vista) back to back. There is a massive improvement in quality of the Vista. I think it is worth checking out the option of exchanging you old Vista for a new one.
Old 7th May 2013, 20:30   #8149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
The Figo wouldn't be a "downgrade" - it offers a different package and has different strengths when compared to the Vista. And they belong to the same segment.

My cousin was in the exact same position as you are in - he had a 2009 Vista and was sick of the niggles. In the end, he replaced it with a new Vista. I drove both cars (2009 & 2013 Vista) back to back. There is a massive improvement in quality of the Vista. I think it is worth checking out the option of exchanging you old Vista for a new one.
I also heard that the d90 is significantly improved. But, the vista has left a negative impression on itself and tata motors as a whole. I can never think of buying a vista again. My options are either the figo tdci, polo tdi or the swift zdi
Old 7th May 2013, 21:27   #8150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also heard that the d90 is significantly improved. But, the vista has left a negative impression on itself and tata motors as a whole. I can never think of buying a vista again. My options are either the figo tdci, polo tdi or the swift zdi
Space-wise, Figo would come closest to Vista. It would also offer better handling and better AC. Not sure of the luggage room on the Vista, but nothing can beat the Vista as far as rear room is concerned.

This apart, you can see at what speed you are traveling, instead of asking the co-passenger.
Old 7th May 2013, 21:31   #8151
BHPian

Quote:
My options are either the figo tdci, polo tdi or the swift zdi
Figo tdci titanium may suit you, but need to compromise on front space, but boot is huge 285L. Mileage is not as good as Swift's, but found that servicing figo is cheaper than Swift. If looks are important, you can choose Swift zdi, but you have to shell out additional 1.3 L more than Figo tdci. Front seats of Swift is bigger and spacious but rear space is not as bigger as Figo's.

Last edited by HighOctane : 7th May 2013 at 21:32.
Old 8th May 2013, 07:41   #8152
BHPian

I love the figo's simple and no nonsense looks, but only thinking is it wise to buy it now as it is getting a bit long in the tooth now especially with respect to crash safety.
Old 8th May 2013, 07:59   #8153

Hey folks!

Can you tell me, why is there this 4 beep chime every time i turn the ignition? Should i wait for the music to be over every time or is it okay to start the car before it ends?
Old 8th May 2013, 09:23   #8154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepest View Post
Hey folks!

Can you tell me, why is there this 4 beep chime every time i turn the ignition? Should i wait for the music to be over every time or is it okay to start the car before it ends?
Please do wait for the chimes to get over, IIRC, at the time of delivering the car to me, the ford service guy had said, since this is a turbo engine, this 2 step ignition is to give the engine time to wake up (dam, I just cant remember his exact words)

I religiously wait for the chimes to get over and then start my Figo

Last edited by neofromcapone : 8th May 2013 at 09:25. Reason: typo
Old 8th May 2013, 09:25   #8155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Please do wait for the chimes to get over, IIRC, at the time o delivering the car to me, the ford service guy had said, since this is a turbo engine, this 2 step ignition is to give the engine time to wake up (dam, I just cant remember his exact words)

Yes, wait for the chimes to be over and then start the car. Remember that it could be 8 chimes when you are low on fuel: when the DTE is below 80 kms.

Also please follow the idling rule before switching off.
Old 8th May 2013, 09:56   #8156
BHPian

Quote:
Hey folks!

The chimes are essentially a part of the pre-start routine check done by the ecm to ensure everything is in order. from the engine to the fuel levels, everything is checked and only then once the chimes stop, you should start the car. This is essentially a safety feature to ensure that you don't end up with an issue down the line when you are driving to some place. As the elders say, a stitch in time saves nine. Always wait for the chimes and then start.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:28   #8157

Thanks for the advice folks. Shall wait for the music to get over.
Old 8th May 2013, 11:57   #8158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Figo tdci titanium may suit you, but need to compromise on front space, but boot is huge 285L. Mileage is not as good as Swift's, but found that servicing figo is cheaper than Swift. If looks are important, you can choose Swift zdi, but you have to shell out additional 1.3 L more than Figo tdci. Front seats of Swift is bigger and spacious but rear space is not as bigger as Figo's.
Also, IMO Ford has done a good job with the facelift. I found the front seats to be comfortable (has lumbar support now). Ford is also offering good discounts right now.
Old 8th May 2013, 12:26   #8159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In terms of sheer size or dimensions Figo is definitely more compact than the Vista. But overall I don't think it would be a downgrade. Few reasons why i think so are
  • Quality of interiors will be at par or little better than Vista
  • Engine though a generation old is still one of the best for drive-ability
  • Interior space in front would be at par but on the rear not as wide as Vista and slightly less leg room
  • If you buy titanium then safety would be at par or better esp the brakes
  • Boot space larger than Vista
  • Looks are subjective but I kind of never found Vista design to be balanced between front and rear
  • Ride quality would be bumpy on figo compared to Vista at low speeds but opposite as speed increases

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
This apart, you can see at what speed you are traveling, instead of asking the co-passenger.
this is funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Please do wait for the chimes to get over, IIRC, at the time of delivering the car to me, the ford service guy had said, since this is a turbo engine, this 2 step ignition is to give the engine time to wake up (dam, I just cant remember his exact words)

Thanks for bringing it up, even I always wondered but didnt care much
Old 8th May 2013, 13:11   #8160
BHPian

Quote:
Would you want to try out the Ford Ecosport. I bought the Figo last year, my love for it has waned due to the ground clearance and driving fatigue issues.

In your case, coming from vista to this car, should be a hassle free ownership. The Tata's cars are so good when you consider them, but living with them is like being on a hot tin roof, can't enjoy the view

Coming back to ford Ecosport, you will get a newer car, which would have a better resale, compared to Figo, in say 3-4 years. If you can wait for a few months, let Ford make-or-break themselves over the pricing (maybe at that time the Figo's would be available at a discount)

Also take a call on Petrol/Diesel, I am expect the price difference to be not more than 15/- sooner than later. And with that difference, I don't see the point of paying such a huge premium for diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
The chimes are essentially a part of the pre-start routine check done by the ecm to ensure everything is in order. from the engine to the fuel levels, everything is checked and only then once the chimes stop, you should start the car. This is essentially a safety feature to ensure that you don't end up with an issue down the line when you are driving to some place. As the elders say, a stitch in time saves nine. Always wait for the chimes and then start.

Thanks Arch-Angel for explianing this so simply. For some werid reason, I was unable to put my thoughts in words.

Last edited by neofromcapone : 8th May 2013 at 13:17.

Most Viewed