Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:30   #8131
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Hi DRIVE_ADDICT
The service again is pathetic and the SAs do not have time to listen to your complaints. Where do you get your car serviced? If there are some Service personnel whom you know is skilled and patient, please let me know. .
Hi Maxwell Arthur,

I do servicing with Chennai Ford ASC in Arumbakkam. I will not say they are the best, but My coleague who used to MPL Ford Vadapalani, said his experience was better with Chennai Ford ASC, Arumbakkam. when he switched over to Chennai Ford ASC.

You can contact Rizwan (Manager) and one guy named Sekar (Service personnel). They are somewhat patient and helpful. Better make an appointment and go early so that you can talk to the service guy and make them listen what you want.
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:46   #8132
BHPian

MaxWell Arthur,

Just saw Arch-Angel's comment, so you have two options now :-). If Arch-Angel knew that service person in MPL Vadapalani well then you can try with MPL vadapalani too. A friendly SC personnel is more needed irrespective of good/bad service centre.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 18:04   #8133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
MaxWell Arthur,

Just saw Arch-Angel's comment, so you have two options now :-). If Arch-Angel knew that service person in MPL Vadapalani well then you can try with MPL vadapalani too. A friendly SC personnel is more needed irrespective of good/bad service centre.

Thank you so much DRIVE_ADDICT. Shall try to get the service done from either one of the service centers.

Old 3rd May 2013, 18:50   #8134
RGK
Senior - BHPian

MPL- Perungudi & Alwarpet is fine for me as I have been doing for three years. Normally a rapport develops between us and the SC's during regular visits and pychologically some of the SC's go well with us.
PM me for MPL- Perungudi contacts...
Old 3rd May 2013, 20:25   #8135
Senior - BHPian

How is MPL Alwarpet?
I need to do my 60 K service. Also need to do body work in 2 panels and replace LORVM where a bus scrapped me. I have insurance with Royal Sunderam.
Or is Chennai ford, Arumbakkam better?
I live in Kilpauk and work at Tenyampet.
Old 5th May 2013, 11:02   #8136
BHPian

Hi All,

Had a very bad day yesterday. I was in the Signal which comes after the MEPZ Signal near Tambaram. I bought a couple of bottles of Distilled water and was waiting to take a U turn from the BP petrol bunk to Vandalur. The signal went red. There was a Tipper and a couple of cars that skipped the signal. I waited for about a minute and then when all the vehicles had stopped proceeded to take the turn. All of a sudden, two bikers at very high speeds tried to jump the signal and ended up ramming into the front of the car. The other biker hit the rear bumper and scratched the entire boot. For no fault of mine I have to now bear the brunt. There was a cop who wanted me to leave and claim insurance. I got inside the car and suddenly my wife asked me to get a compensation. The guys were A/C Mechanics from what I learnt. I asked them to pay up for the entire damage and they said that they had come to Chennai for a survival. I asked them 2000 INR and asked them to leave the place.

The rider did not have a license and nor was the bike insured. I called up my dad and an advocate friend who were at the scene in 10 minutes. I called up the Accident assessment centre at Pallavaram and they sent an SI to evaluate the damage and take down the details.

Then things took a different turn. There was a car with PRESS written on it and four guys jumped out stating that they were working for the press and that he cannot pay up for the damage.The SI came to the scene and took all the details. The SI asked me not to talk to the guys and come to the Pallavaram branch. The guy said who came said that he knew the ACP and the SI and that I would file a complaint before you do and you should meet the consequences. I backed up from filing an FIR and asked 3000 INR. Since I knew that is all I could get from him.

He immediately gave me the money and I said bye. The accident took place at 9:56 and I have the bike numbers. Can you guys please pour in your advice on insurance claims and stuff? I am to go to the station at 1:00 pm today. Attached are the images of the damage.

1. The front bumper has lost all the hooks and has lots of scratches
2. The headlight assembly has gone inside by an inch.
3. There is a big dent on the rear quarter panel.
4. There are multiple scratches on the boot.
5. The reversing sensor has come out and the rear bumper has a long scratch and a dent.
The WORST of all, there is a liquid which is dripping near the front bumper.

I left the scene and MPL Ford is closed on Sundays.

Now the police has written a report which says that I received 3000 INR from the guys and was settled amicably. But I am yet to have the damage assessed by a SA. I am not sure what do to. I thought of filing an FIR but seriously do not have the time not the contacts to get through successfully.

What are my options? Can I claim insurance for the front and the rear?

Here are the pics of my lovely damaged car. I drive close the 60 KMs a day from Vandalur and DLF Porur. There was not a scratch on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-sdc10579.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-sdc10581.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-sdc10582.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-sdc10583.jpg  

Last edited by Maxwell Arthur : 5th May 2013 at 11:29. Reason: Sorry, the pics do not get attached for some reason.
Old 5th May 2013, 23:30   #8137
BHPian

Quote:
The WORST of all, there is a liquid which is dripping near the front bumper.
That shouldn't worry you too much as it's just the wiper fluid. The same thing happened when I had my front bumper torn. MPL Ford Kovilambakkam were having an offer on painting. Do check if they still have it. Drive Safe. Cheers
Old 6th May 2013, 09:54   #8138
BHPian

Hi max. the rear bumper section can be brought back to shape. The front side seems to have taken a bigger impact. When i enquired, MPL said that the front bumper for the figo comes close to 6k-7k. The headlamp assembly seems to have sunk in because the front bumper has pushed at the adjacent panel. I think the guys at the sc can be helpful with this. If they quote too high, i'll check if any of my friends know a good body shop for you to get your work done cheap.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:22   #8139
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Had a very bad day yesterday. ..
Hi Maxwell, Very sorry to hear the incident.

Recently my cousin's Figo had an accident and he got the following damage.
A Big dent in left side front door, Deep scratches on left fender, Damaged front bumper and broken left side ORVM, a thick scratch on A-Pillar.

Total bill for fixing the above is 24k, In which he paid 4.2k from his hand. Its a comprehensive insurance, so he paid 50% for Bumper and ORVM and to fix the metal parts (door and fender) insurance took care of 90% cost and he paid the rest 10%.

He fixed it at MPL vadapalani and he was not at all satisfied with the work.

First they took 10 days to complete the work. Between, One SC called up and said the car is ready, and when he went to pick up the car, the front door and fender was not at all polished, they completed the rough coating and called up to take the car. Also the front door was not properly aligned.
And then after some shouting they took the car again to body shop and gave the car next day after fixing and polishing done.

Still there are some marks on the A-Pillar which they totally ignored and few scratches on the running board also not fixed.

In your case its minimal damage compare to my cousin's car. I guess they can fix the rear bumper scratches and dent on the metal part. They might ask to replace the front bumper but check whether it can be fixed.
Your headlight needs to be replaced.

Dont worry, if you have known person in ASC these damages can be fixed without any issues. even if it is other way around we can EXTRACT work from them using our mouth.
Old 6th May 2013, 14:26   #8140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyspikey View Post
That shouldn't worry you too much as it's just the wiper fluid. The same thing happened when I had my front bumper torn. MPL Ford Kovilambakkam were having an offer on painting. Do check if they still have it. Drive Safe. Cheers

Thanks for the reply. It was not the wiper fluid. Due to the impact the coolant from the Radiator is leaking. I guess one of the pipes would have come out of place.

My car is currently being serviced at MPL Vadapalani. Left the car half hour ago. You really cannot roam around with scratches on the car, you See(We BhPians --ARGGGHH)

A special thanks for Arch_Angel for having referred me to one person at the center. She told me that she would take care of my car.

The total assessment was INR 35000 out of which I have to shell out half of the cost of the headlamp assembly. I shall have to pay for the reverse parking sensor as one sensor might not be available. It costs close to 3000.

The surveyor was in the center when I left the car. He had a hard time understanding the accident. I have him a pictorial representation and also handed over the Accident Certificate issued by the police. I asked him if he needed the number of the SI who investigated the case. He denied.

He took number of photos of the car.

I am not sure what the final out come would be but I believe Arch_Angel would help me out.

Again, thanks everyone for the replies. I really appreciate it.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 14:46   #8141
BHPian

I will Maxwell. Dont worry about it. Half the job gets accomplished if we know how to deal with them. The ASCs there know that word of mouth is a powerful tool. Thats the reason i told you to quote that someone referred you there. Since you have a name to look for in the SC, the people there will now try to impress you. The trick is to receive and acknowledge. That is what has kept me going on so far.

The quotes do seem quite high though. Did the radiator take a direct hit?

OT: your car is the same color as mine. Pains me to see it in such a state. Hope the guys do a good job

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 6th May 2013 at 14:54.
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 14:53   #8142
Senior - BHPian

@Maxwell-Arthur---the estimate looks rather high. Can you list the components and costs?

And I'm very sorry to know about your accident. Fools like those are all around.
Old 6th May 2013, 15:01   #8143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
@Maxwell-Arthur---the estimate looks rather high. Can you list the components and costs?

And I'm very sorry to know about your accident. Fools like those are all around.

Hi There. Thanks for the reply. The value was just approximate. The damage includes,

Extensive damage to the front bumper.
The headlamp assembly is broken.
The right fender has taken a hit and so there is a bend.
The bonnet has two long scratches
The rear quarter panel has a huge dent.
The rear bumper has too many scratches and it broken in a couple of places
The boot lid has a huge dent and lots of scratches.

I know it is quite high. I inquired with Pavan from Motomall who gave me an estimate of 20000. Since there seems to be damage to the radiator, I had to take the car to A.S.S I will upload the Bill once the work is complete.
Maxwell Arthur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 15:34   #8144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
I will Maxwell. Dont worry about it. Half the job gets accomplished if we know how to deal with them. The ASCs there know that word of mouth is a powerful tool. Thats the reason i told you to quote that someone referred you there. Since you have a name to look for in the SC, the people there will now try to impress you. The trick is to receive and acknowledge. That is what has kept me going on so far.

The quotes do seem quite high though. Did the radiator take a direct hit?

OT: your car is the same color as mine. Pains me to see it in such a state. Hope the guys do a good job
I believe the radiator has taken a hit. Since I could see an orange color fluid dripping from one of the pipes that comes out of the radiator. I have asked them to check for the same.
Old 6th May 2013, 16:38   #8145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Had a very bad day yesterday.
Take it easy Maxwell. I know it really hurts to see your ride in bad shape but it will be back to new after body shop job. Main thing is that you are not hurt and neither were those moron bikers. Had they got hurt then it would have been bigger hassle for you.

Few comments based on my experience when my car had a hit on the front left
  • In all likelyhood the headlight plastic casing might have cracked and you will need to replace that entirely
  • Dumper damage doesnt seem to be that much and should be repairable. A.S.S guys will insist on a complete change. This happened in my case
  • The front right fender looks bent. That can be fixed as well but A.S.S will ask you to replace it completely. End of it in reality they will only repair and charge for new, happened with me.
  • Rear damage looks repairable without any change

Do you have bumper to bumper coverage? i would suggest getting that incase you dont have in future. It will always comes in handy in these kind of cases.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks