Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2013, 18:26   #8116
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
MRF zv2k on my figo TDCI ran ~14800 km got a little damage. Will this create any issue for a highway run? I'am planning to take it out for this weekend.

Is this damage affect the tire in long run?
This should not affect your highway run in the immediate future. So I reckon that there should not be any problem with swinging around your Figo for the weekend. However, post it on the tyre thread and you will get expert advice. Fellow bhpian nikhil should be able to guide you proper.

Just to be sure, make sure that your spare tyre is in prime condition when you take out the car for the weekend drive
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 19:31   #8117
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MRF zv2k on my figo TDCI ran ~14800 km got a little damage. Will this create any issue for a highway run? I'am planning to take it out for this weekend.

Why cant you replace this with the spare and make this as standby?
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 21:11   #8118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

which damage are you referring to? few of the treads being damaged on the inside edges? doesn't seem much of an issue to me
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 15:51   #8119

I own a Figo 1.4 Exi since Feb 2011. It has already done abt 37000 kms. But since last few kms I am facing a problem. When the brakes are applied, they make an irritating sound. This happens after driving for a while (say 200 kms).

I visited Ford Service center regarding the same problem, they told me that it was a minor adjustment and they have corrected it, but the noise came back. So now before I go to the service center again, I want to be sure about the problem.

Is anyone else facing a similar problem?
Old 2nd May 2013, 16:15   #8120
BHPian

Test drove the facelift Diesel Titanium today. A few personal observations:

1. I expected drivability to better. I test drove the new Swift afew days ago and it wasn't much worse compared to Figo. The Figo's turbo lag is lesser but i guess i expected better. The car was loaded with 4 people and AC though. Not a deal breaker.

2. The footwell is very cramped. There is very little space between the clutch and the centre console wall. How do other Figo owners find this? Is it something you get used to? Biggest irritant right now.

3. Even with the seat height adjusted to the maximum, the position doesn't feel as commanding as the Maruti siblings. I struggled to find a good driving position, but i'm coming from a WagonR so i guess it'll take a while to get used to the low slung stance.

4. Very impressive NVH levels. The TD car was pretty new but even then there is substantial difference compared to Swift and Ritz. There is a lot of clatter from outside, but that's fine by me.

5. This was the facelift version with the supposed suspension fix. I subjected the car (4 people) to a few of Bangalore's finest speedbreakers at different speeds and it didn't scrape once . I'm not sure how it'll fare with luggage in the (huge) boot but i think it should manage fine if driven carefully.

6. I was satisfied with the ride quality. I drove it through a badly broken piece of road and there wasn't a lot of bounciness.

7. Most of the other positives mentioned in the reviews is pretty much valid. It was much more fun to drive in the city compared to Swift IMO. I'm sure on the highway Swift will do better, but i'm mainly looking at my next car for daily commute. Feels very stable and planted. Good AC. Lot of space at the back and the boot. Plastic quality and finish was much better than i expected. Door handles look a little ugly though.

8. I'm not fussed about the lack of power windows in the back. However i'd like adjustable head rests in the back. The fixed ones are too small.

I haven't negotiated yet, but was offered free insurance and a very generous corporate discount. At under 7.2L OTR, it looks very compelling. Any thoughts folks? Anything else i should be checking?
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:28   #8121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will this create any issue for a highway run? I'am planning to take it out for this weekend. Is this damage affect the tire in long run?
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
which damage are you referring to? few of the treads being damaged on the inside edges? doesn't seem much of an issue to me
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo-tyre.jpg
This is not a very serious, if you are referring to the damage in the circled area. Do inspect frequently to ensure that this is not developing further. You can surely use this tyre for highway runs.

Last edited by rajeev k : 2nd May 2013 at 17:29.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 17:49   #8122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Attachment 1080032
This is not a very serious, if you are referring to the damage in the circled area. Do inspect frequently to ensure that this is not developing further. You can surely use this tyre for highway runs.
Yes i' am referring to the damage in the circled area.
Thanks everyone for your comments
Old 2nd May 2013, 18:03   #8123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Djinn View Post
Test drove the facelift Diesel Titanium today. A few personal observations:

1. I expected drivability to better. I test drove the new Swift afew days ago and it wasn't much worse compared to Figo. The Figo's turbo lag is lesser but i guess i expected better. The car was loaded with 4 people and AC though. Not a deal breaker.

2. The footwell is very cramped. There is very little space between the clutch and the centre console wall. How do other Figo owners find this? Is it something you get used to? Biggest irritant right now.

3. Even with the seat height adjusted to the maximum, the position doesn't feel as commanding as the Maruti siblings. I struggled to find a good driving position, but i'm coming from a WagonR so i guess it'll take a while to get used to the low slung stance.

I haven't negotiated yet, but was offered free insurance and a very generous corporate discount. At under 7.2L OTR, it looks very compelling. Any thoughts folks? Anything else i should be checking?
I agree with your observations. The new swift is also pretty decent from a turbo lag standpoint. It was lot more pronounced in the earlier ones.

The footwell is not very wide but i dont find it much of a problem. I am 6ft tall but then I am used to driving with my heel always planted and just shift my toes. I do miss the dead pedal but then you will get used to it.

Seat height seems low just because you are moving from a Wagon R. Figo is a low slung car and its normal. Once you are used to it then you will enjoy it more.

Price seems competitive but bargain to the hilt. Figo sales havnt been the highest and I am sure you can squeeze out goodies like covers, door moulding, mild tints etc.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2013, 18:24   #8124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I agree with your observations. The new swift is also pretty decent from a turbo lag standpoint. It was lot more pronounced in the earlier ones.

The footwell is not very wide but i dont find it much of a problem. I am 6ft tall but then I am used to driving with my heel always planted and just shift my toes. I do miss the dead pedal but then you will get used to it.

Seat height seems low just because you are moving from a Wagon R. Figo is a low slung car and its normal. Once you are used to it then you will enjoy it more.

Price seems competitive but bargain to the hilt. Figo sales havnt been the highest and I am sure you can squeeze out goodies like covers, door moulding, mild tints etc.
Thanks Tinu. I plan to bargain and squeeze out a few accessories. Has anyone else bought the Figo diesel titanium recently? Please share the OTR price if you can. A few more queries:

1. Any preferred Insurance provider for the Figo? I'm told they have a tie up with Bajaj Allianz and IFFCO Tokyo.

2. Good accessories to go for. I've narrowed down cover, reverse parking sensors, scuff plates, spoiler, body protection moulding and roof rails. I will go for seat covers later (will need to check for someone who can add rear adjustable head rests). I'll stay off tints (however mild) for now. Is the underbody treatment a worthwhile investment?

Feel free to provide any other buying tips; Figo or otherwise
Old 2nd May 2013, 19:42   #8125
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Tinu. I plan to bargain and squeeze out a few accessories. Has anyone else bought the Figo diesel titanium recently? Please share the OTR price if you can. A few more queries:

1. Any preferred Insurance provider for the Figo? I'm told they have a tie up with Bajaj Allianz and IFFCO Tokyo.

2. Good accessories to go for. I've narrowed down cover, reverse parking sensors, scuff plates, spoiler, body protection moulding and roof rails. I will go for seat covers later (will need to check for someone who can add rear adjustable head rests). I'll stay off tints (however mild) for now. Is the underbody treatment a worthwhile investment?

I bought a Diesel Titanium in January this year and paid 6.86 L OTR in Pune. I have an insurance with Bajaj and had a seamless claim procedure while being involved in an unfortunate accident in Feb.

On the accessories part, I managed to have Seat covers, body cover and 4 pillows as freebies from the dealership.

Do a PDI as per T-BHp's checklist once when the car is in stockyard and once before taking delivery.

happy shopping
pankaj_sachdeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 14:08   #8126
BHPian

Reverse Parking Sensor would be a very useful accessory!

Body protection molding on the gates may not be very useful for Figo; since the widest part of the car are the wheel arches.

My buying experience with Ford (Cauvery, Bennyson Garden) has been quite pleasant. Try and bargain for accesories instead of cash discounts. Easier for the sales rep to get it done.

Unfortunately had some dents on my Figo and insurance tie-up with Allianz worked pretty well.

Quote:

anurag.somani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 16:55   #8127
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i' am referring to the damage in the circled area.
Thanks everyone for your comments
Hi DRIVE_ADDICT

My Figo is due for its third service and I need some help. MPL Pallikarnai was where the first two services were done and I am quite dissatisfied with the service. The car was completely ruined when they did an under chassis coating. The alloys had and still have marks. There is primer on almost evry part on the left side of the car since I had to replace the left door. The service again is pathetic and the SAs do not have time to listen to your complaints. Where do you get your car serviced? If there are some Service personnel whom you know is skilled and patient, please let me know. The car is a Figo TDCI bought in August last year and has completed 19800 Kms. By the way, I stay in Vandalur and Pallikarnai was the nearest. I do not mind taking the car to another service station.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:06   #8128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
My Figo is due for its third service and I need some help. Thanks in advance.
Hi Maxwell,

Try going to MPL ford vadapalani. Heard the guys there are doing a better job. Hope they live upto your expectations .
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:10   #8129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
Hi Maxwell,

Try going to MPL ford vadapalani. Heard the guys there are doing a better job. Hope they live upto your expectations .
Thanks Arch-Angel. The problem is that the car does not feel as it had been serviced. The car was very stable at high speeds(really high) but after MPL did the Wheel Alignment and Balancing( I paid 1200 or so) the steering vibrates a little at those speeds. Can you send me any contacts that you might know at MPL Vadapalani.

Thanks again
Old 3rd May 2013, 17:17   #8130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Arthur View Post
Thanks Arch-Angel. The problem is that the car does not feel as it had been serviced. The car was very stable at high speeds(really high) but after MPL did the Wheel Alignment and Balancing( I paid 1200 or so) the steering vibrates a little at those speeds. Can you send me any contacts that you might know at MPL Vadapalani.

Thanks again
Do not get the wheel alignment done in ASCs as they do not do a very good job at it. I hav PM'ed the required details to you. Hope this service center fares a little better for you. Also communicate to them the entire issues and tell them that you have been recommended to the center by a forum member. They will do a good job.
Arch-Angel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks