Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:30   #8086
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I shall check.

It catches lot of ambient noise while driving. Need to place it somewhere near the driver.
By any chance, is yours the pre facelift figo or the facelift? I am sure the mic position would not have changed but my mic doesnt catch ambient noise. It sounds normal but a little low on volume.
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:39   #8087
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sheel
You can use the mute button to switch off the mic.

Does anyone know where the HU mic is placed ?
The mic is on the HU itself. No fancy stuff like routing to headliner and all. It's in the middle of the HU.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:46   #8088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The mic is on the HU itself. No fancy stuff like routing to headliner and all. It's in the middle of the HU.
My suspicions were right after all. I guess that answered Kpzenji's query. Thanks a million VidyutJi.
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:56   #8089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
By any chance, is yours the pre facelift figo or the facelift? I am sure the mic position would not have changed but my mic doesnt catch ambient noise. It sounds normal but a little low on volume.
Mine is the latest facelifted version.
Quote:
Thanks.

Do you face any issue while talking through HU bluetooth ?

Need to improve the cabin insulation. Too much wind/ road noise.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:05   #8090
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you face any issue while talking through HU bluetooth ?

Need to improve the cabin insulation. Too much wind/ road noise.
I only face issues when I am attending important office conference calls, as they can hear the traffic sound. Regular calls are not a problem. It's very clear.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:21   #8091
BHPian

Quote:
I only face issues when I am attending important office conference calls, as they can hear the traffic sound. Regular calls are not a problem. It's very clear.
I guess that the HU does want your colleagues to know your whereabouts by allowing traffic noise just for those important calls .
Arch-Angel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:02   #8092
BHPian

Quote:
I take conference calls almost everyday and have no issues what so ever. I have also confirmed by the folks on the other side if they have noise quality drop etc. however it is all good.
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:08   #8093
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I take conference calls almost everyday and have no issues what so ever. I have also confirmed by the folks on the other side if they have noise quality drop etc. however it is all good.
Yup same here. Conference calls daily on my drive to work. However there is no problem in quality. If your stuck in traffic the mic picks up quite a lot of traffic.

Also remember, it is also somewhat dependant on your phone. My Galaxy S3 has far better call quality than the iPhone 3G before. With iPhone 3G, the guy at the other end kept saying my voice was a little feeble. With the S3, people think I'm too loud.
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:19   #8094
Senior - BHPian

I used to pair a Nokia E72 for calls (sometimes the HU, sometimes a BT headset). And the Galaxy Note for music.

Of late the E72 connects. But there is no audio through the car system. The handset remains activated, though the icon on phone indicates it is connected to the HU. Very strange :(
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:27   #8095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I used to pair a Nokia E72 for calls (sometimes the HU, sometimes a BT headset). And the Galaxy Note for music.

Of late the E72 connects. But there is no audio through the car system. The handset remains activated, though the icon on phone indicates it is connected to the HU. Very strange :(
Did simultaneous pairing work out for you earlier? I had the same thing with 2 phones paired together. But after a quick unpair/re-pair it became alright.
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:42   #8096
BHPian

My Figo's bluetooth stopped working early this year. Initially it would repeatedly get disconnected and then stopped connecting completely even to different phones. The guys at Cauvery Ford sent it to Bangalore and it came back after 2 weeks only to work for one day. Now again it is back to Bangalore. My warranty expires on May12th. Hope I get a properly repaired one or a replacement under warranty.
While it was working, it worked very well. No issues in call quality, connectivity. Very handy feature to have.
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:45   #8097
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post

I have also faced similar issue with iPhone 4 S. The phone gets connected without an issue. However, at times, the audio of the ring doesn't come through the phone speakers. Since its connected to the car, the phone also doesn't ring, but just blinks. The radio which is playing in the background in the HU also doesn't cut off as it is supposed to be. It becomes alright when I disconnect and connect it again. The problem again pops up after some time.

Therefore, I have lately stopped using the BT facility in the car. Does anyone have any solution to this? I have unpaired and re- paired and tried all similar permutations.
Old 23rd April 2013, 12:58   #8098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-Angel View Post
i was told by one of my friends that the mic is placed somewhere off-center in the ceiling of the car, near the utility lamp. But somehow i am uncertain since there isn't any giveaways about its exact position. Something prompts me to believe that it is housed near/on the HU itself.
Quote:
THe mics for the Figo HU are on the HU itself and not outside. However there are 2 Mics. If look at the HU you can notice a small hole on either side of the volume knob. Both of those are mics.

The mic performance is pretty decent on my car, however i feel that they need better calibration. Currently atleast on my car they are oversensitive. So ambient sounds also get captured and transmitted. Esp surrounding traffic noise. But voice transmission is certainly very clear and no issues in clarity.

I had asked the question below earlier also but no response so far. Since we are discussing BT and HU issues, any has any clue about my problem below?
I have been facing an issue with bluetooth connection for my SGS2 with car's OEM HU. Every time it connects the BT contacts sharing feature hangs on my phone and after a while my phone gives a mesg that BT sharing has been killed. It happens despite me accepting sharing. I tried deleting BT profile both on phone and HU but no use. I am not certain but I think this problem started after I updated my phone to Android 4.0. It used to work before. Any suggestions?
Old 24th April 2013, 00:51   #8099
BHPian

Just took the car from MPL Ford Kovilambakkam which i had given for A/C problems . Voila ! They changed about 10k worth of A/C components ( According to the S.A ) for just Rs.750/- ( Under Warranty ) . The car cools like crazy now ! Getting cool air within single digit seconds now . Something i never experience on my skoda or toyota .

The S.A told me that the low-mileage was due to this problem . ( Is it guys ?)

Does anyone know if the HU has warranty ? Mine is a May '10 1.4 .

Do you guys think i should opt in for extended warranty ? Costs around Rs.9500/- ( +1 Year)
Old 24th April 2013, 16:05   #8100
BHPian

Guys, Is it possible to get the handbrake console (the one which comes in Titanium version) outside FORD ASC, (i.e) from any accessory shops? I have seen them in ASC but it was pricey ~3k.

I was actually planning to add Arm rest, to fix the arm rest this handbrake console is necessary it seems.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 24th April 2013 at 16:10.

Most Viewed