Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2013, 22:11   #7696
Mik
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks

I discovered that the Figo my son drives has a mud flap missing at the rear left. Looks like he scraped something that must have led to that.

So my question is if I can get a single mudflap? If not, how much does a set cost?
Interestingly, even i lost my rear left mudflap on a Delhi - Pune drive. Any common issue to be worried about
Will be going to the service center next week to get a new one. I am not sure they will sell just one flap though.
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 00:24   #7697
BHPian

Quote:
Folks

I discovered that the Figo my son drives has a mud flap missing at the rear left. Looks like he scraped something that must have led to that.

So my question is if I can get a single mudflap? If not, how much does a set cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Interestingly, even i lost my rear left mudflap on a Delhi - Pune drive. Any common issue to be worried about
Will be going to the service center next week to get a new one. I am not sure they will sell just one flap though.
As far as i know they wont sell it as a single piece. You have to buy it as set. The SA will told you to keep the rest for next time . My colleague bought it as a set when he broke one. but i dont remember the price though.

You can try in some accessories shop to get a single piece.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 17th February 2013 at 00:26.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 09:33   #7698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
As far as i know they wont sell it as a single piece. You have to buy it as set. The SA will told you to keep the rest for next time . My colleague bought it as a set when he broke one. but i dont remember the price though.

You can try in some accessories shop to get a single piece.
Thanks guys. I checked the Ford accessories price list somebody had posted last year at it says Rs 510 for a set. Might be around Rs 550 now I guess. I believe you need to order a full set.

The local accessories shop also says one needs to buy a full set, and it costs around Rs 450. I think those are not the hard ones that Ford sells.

Looks like lots of guys are stuck up with a stock of unwanted flaps.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 09:44   #7699
BHPian

You all can exchange the left over mudflaps within yourself and find the replacement for your broken ones

To save myself from this agony, I never thought of putting the mudflaps from the beginning itself.

Also, you can cut and grind the existing mudflaps to make it shorter. This would prevent it over scraping and breaking.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 17th February 2013 at 09:46.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 11:19   #7700
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. I checked the Ford accessories price list somebody had posted last year at it says Rs 510 for a set. Might be around Rs 550 now I guess. I believe you need to order a full set.

The local accessories shop also says one needs to buy a full set, and it costs around Rs 450. I think those are not the hard ones that Ford sells.
I'm not too sure if the Ford mudflaps are that cheap now. I got just the front 2 replaced at Fortune Ford 3 months back, and I paid some 700 odd including fitting charges. When I asked them about the entire set, they confirmed a figure around 1K. I still have the bill with me.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2013, 13:49   #7701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I'm not too sure if the Ford mudflaps are that cheap now. I got just the front 2 replaced at Fortune Ford 3 months back, and I paid some 700 odd including fitting charges. When I asked them about the entire set, they confirmed a figure around 1K. I still have the bill with me.
Wow, that's steep! Perhaps a 'set' means a pair of flaps, in which case the price I quoted may be correct.

May I ask why you went for Ford mudflaps when there are softer and cheaper ones around?
Old 17th February 2013, 15:50   #7702
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone interested could take a look at this. Please notice that the image provided is a generic one. Please talk to the seller and take a look at the ORIGINAL mudflaps and then take a call.

I do NOT know the quality of these, so take a plunge after trying to get a bit more details around it.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Ford-Figo-Pla...item3f222c675c
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 00:05   #7703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I do NOT know the quality of these, so take a plunge after trying to get a bit more details around it.
Quote:
May I ask why you went for Ford mudflaps when there are softer and cheaper ones around?
I had gone to some local accessories shop to install the mudflaps, and didn't quite like the finish of the rubber ones. They were priced around 450/- for a set of 4. The real reason was that, to install these flaps, you will need to drill holes in the metal in the wheel arch to secure the screws while the Ford OEM ones do not require that and is a clip-on type. I was not too comfortable with them drilling the sheet metal, hence opted out.

The the link that swiftnfurious posted also shows a set of screws in one of the images, and that would need drilling of the metal to install the set.
Old 18th February 2013, 00:10   #7704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
...The the link that swiftnfurious posted also shows a set of screws in one of the images, and that would need drilling of the metal to install the set.
Buddy, they use the same pic for ~10 different cars. Please do check their store to understand what I say. In reality, it may not have the screws, especially since they mention "O.E Original". A lot of these guys source the OEM stuff from the same vendors (as the company), but without the branding on the products. When you go to the dealer, you sometimes get the same stuff with the logo at a higher price. You could contact the dealer & ask for REAL pics of the item and then opt for buying or not. All these, if you are OK to take the extra trouble.

Else just pass it.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 18th February 2013 at 00:11.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 01:13   #7705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Buddy, they use the same pic for ~10 different cars. Please do check their store to understand what I say..
Yeah, I didn't check their store. They might be using a generic image. Will check with them the next time I need a replacement. Wonder why the local stores are not stocking this when Figos are known to have this problem of mud flap breakage. That too after being a very popular car for more than 3 years.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2013, 10:32   #7706
BANNED

not quite sure about the completeness of this article, but quite disconcerting for FORD owners :
http://www.rediff.com/business/slide...20130218.htm#1
Old 18th February 2013, 10:33   #7707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
With a trip to Parambikulam planned for this weekend, I was checking the fluid levels of my TDCi this morning and to my surprise, found that the coolant is almost at the minimum level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara.ramli View Post
Here's the update.
The inspection took about 60 minutes in total. Visual inspection of the engine bay from the top and from under was done. No leaks were found. A pressure gauge was also attached to the mouth of the coolant reservoir to check leakage. Nothing abnormal was the conclusion.
Am I surprised? No way
This is the exact same problem that I faced about 2 months back. I did a trip to Ooty and the next day, the coolant tank was empty. With so much trust on Ford A.S.S (due to my previous experiences), I decided to tackle the problem myself and topped up the coolant reservoir myself. After that, I have done multiple long trips (BLR-CLT-BLR) and after two months, the coolant level is still good. I don't know whether the problem is with the TDCi engine or the coolant the A.S.S put inside or something else.
I have to take the car again to the A.S.S because my car exhibits a peculiar problem. The AC completely cuts off sometimes and does not cool the air at all. This happens at random and it becomes quite irritating. It's not the fuse and I suspect that it might be a problem with the compressor clutch. When this problem occurs, the compressor clutch does not engage, but the light on the AC button comes ON. (I can infer this behaviour from the engine as it runs free, even when I press the AC button.) As the summer is approaching, I need to get this fixed on a priority basis. But as this does not happen every time, I don't know whether the A.S.S will be able to find a solution.
Old 18th February 2013, 12:11   #7708
BHPian

Did the 40000 km service on my figo petrol at Chennai Ford - Amabattur. Engine oil was changed (4.1 lit @ Rs.220 + tax) along with usual items like filters and spark plug.

In addition the drive belt set (Rs.2250 + tax) and link assembly- frt stab bar (2 * Rs.1010 + tax) were changed.

Total - Rs.9189/-

Got delivery late in the evening and wash quality was below average.

Staff were courteous and service experience was good.
Old 18th February 2013, 12:28   #7709
BHPian

How often have you seen the DTE meter of your Figo behaving like this?

I dont think it is anything to worry about, but just wanted to share. This happened in Manali this weekend and the temp must have been around 1-2 C

Last edited by dhinchak : 18th February 2013 at 12:36.
Old 18th February 2013, 15:17   #7710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
In addition the drive belt set (Rs.2250 + tax) and link assembly- frt stab bar (2 * Rs.1010 + tax) were changed.
Hi Raju,

If I may ask, what was the problem with the above 3 components that warranted replacements. What were the symptoms?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks