Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2013, 10:59   #7591
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The 4th year warranty for Figo is in fact available for a whopping ~9.5K. This was confirmed by 2 A.S.S.s, Kairali Ford Trivandrum, and Fortune Ford Hyderabad.
It's a tough call to decide if one needs to go for it or not, since the price is definitely on the higher side. I didn't probe into what all is covered in this warranty though.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:06   #7592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
The 4th year warranty for Figo is in fact available for a whopping ~9.5K. This was confirmed by 2 A.S.S.s, Kairali Ford Trivandrum, and Fortune Ford Hyderabad.
It's a tough call to decide if one needs to go for it or not, since the price is definitely on the higher side. I didn't probe into what all is covered in this warranty though.
definitely on the higher side in my opinion. Decision to buy this should depend on how reliably individual's car has been behaving over the years. plus what kind of kms has the car really done. Car's with less than 30-40K on the odo probably wont need it.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:48   #7593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
jayded - I think your car is from before 2012. If so did you inquire how many km's will the 4th year extended waranty (EW) cover for your car? I am assuming you already have 3rd year EW.

I am told by Ford that the newly launched 4th year EW covers upto 100k km's. Infact the 3rd year EW now is also limited to 100k km's.

I bought a Figo in Jul 11 (it's used by my father) and already have 3rd year EW which covers 3 years and 120k km's. I wanted to get 4th year EW as now it's been made available by Ford but I am being told that even though my 3rd year EW covers till 120k km's, 4th year will only cover till 100k km's.

I am expecting to complete around 95k km's by end of 3rd year (done 49k km's in 18 months) and in that case there is no point to go for 4th year EW. For me it makes sense to go for it only if km's covered are 120k.

Can you please share if you have any details on this. Thanks

Last edited by amit1234singla : 7th January 2013 at 14:58. Reason: correcting spelling mistake
Old 7th January 2013, 16:31   #7594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Can you please share if you have any details on this. Thanks
Hi Amit,

As per what I was told over phone, the 4th year EW is limited to 1L kms, and I didn't ask anything more since I didn't even know Figo came with a 1.2L kms EW in between. Mine is a Sep 2010 model and is covered till Oct 2013.

You might want to check with your local A.S.S. and confirm this. If you foresee crossing 1.2L in around 3.5 years (I'm estimating as per the current usage pattern), then you won't be gaining much from this deal, IMO.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 11:27   #7595
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, this question is for all of you with Titanium model. Normally air bags are linked with seat belts and they get activated only if seat belts are worn. However I dont think that is the case with Figo. There is no warning light for seat belts and I dont see any kind of mechanism at the seat belt lock to intimate the air bag system. And I am 100% certain there is no pressure sensor in the front seats.

So in a nutshell its very important that front passengers always have the seat belts worn, else the risk of injury with air bag deployment is even higher.
Old 9th January 2013, 15:13   #7596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey Folks, this question is for all of you with Titanium model. Normally air bags are linked with seat belts and they get activated only if seat belts are worn. However I dont think that is the case with Figo. There is no warning light for seat belts and I dont see any kind of mechanism at the seat belt lock to intimate the air bag system. And I am 100% certain there is no pressure sensor in the front seats.

So in a nutshell its very important that front passengers always have the seat belts worn, else the risk of injury with air bag deployment is even higher.
Yes. The manual clearly states that in case the driver/passenger is not wearing the seat belt, there is chance of injury to the occupants
dhanushmenon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2013, 17:57   #7597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I found this piece of news. Source - Ford sends out OpenXC beta, vehicle-aware apps should be just around the corner -- Engadget

Attachment 890214

What's this supposed to be? Facebooking and Tweeting while driving at 90kph, perhaps?
It was earlier restricted to limited developers, now at CES2013 they have opened it to all. Well, as per the TechCrunch, it can be used for building custom apps,

Source: TechCrunch
Quote:
"..for example, can see if the windshield wipers or the headlights are on, tap into the car’s GPS system and get speedometer readouts. This, as Prasad explained in his interview with Matt Burns, could allow a developer to mash up date from the car’s wiper blades with location data and create “some really valuable traffic information if it’s aggregated right.”
Old 11th January 2013, 11:38   #7598
Team-BHP Support

The wise folks @ Gateway Ford haven't topped up the coolant while I gav the Car for service. Hadn't noticed earlier, but noticed today.

Isn't it supposed to be looked into?

Is Ford listening?

EDIT: Had no choice & have sent a mail to Ford. Lets see what they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post

Michael Boneham, Ford's India Country Head: mboneham@ford.com
and
Nigel Wark: Ford India's Sales & Marketing Head
nwark@ford.com

suggest you write to them and keeping out fingers crossed , they should respond.

Take care and drive safe !
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Shaunak, sorry to hear about your plight. Please use the email addresses provided above, and also contact Ford via their website & facebook page.
Bumping this to let others know that Mr. Boneham's e-mail id isn't active. Mr. Wark's works fine I think as Google didn't throw any errors while sending him an e-mail id.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 11th January 2013 at 12:05.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2013, 12:27   #7599
BHPian

I don't know its just a feeling or reality, but the suspension seems harder/firmer than before from last 3-4 months. Even the small bumps on the road is felt inside with audible thud. The car sept 2010 make but only 18k kms old. The roads in my city is pathetic since I bought the car, but It has been driven very carefully only by me. I go through broken roads and pot holes very carefully. Tyre pressure is consistently maintained @ 30.

Is there any problem with the suspension (The car is driven less than 20k kms and that too carefully) or I am going too slow over bad roads? It seems to work FINE if I go through the same stretch at high speed (say above 60kmph), also the suspension 'thud' noise seems to be muted. But I feel it would be torture for the car to go on rough/really bad roads at high speed.

Another annoying niggle is the brake caliper noise from the front left. Greasing works well but the annoying rattle starts again after couple of hundred kms.Any permanent solution to this?
Old 11th January 2013, 21:05   #7600
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Had no choice & have sent a mail to Ford. Lets see what they do.
Got follow up calls from Ford India as well as a mail. I am going to the dealership tomorrow, shall up-date their response.

The response from Ford India (Official) was pleasant (by the way I was explained things).

Shall update tomorrow by late evening or on Sunday.

Thanks

@Blow Horn Ok - Is the winter making the suspension component hard compared to summer & hence less flex? I am guessing, hence...

Last edited by Sheel : 11th January 2013 at 21:06.
Old 11th January 2013, 21:48   #7601
BHPian

Quote:
@Blow Horn Ok - Is the winter making the suspension component hard compared to summer & hence less flex? I am guessing, hence...

Does this happen?? Does Winter effect the flexibility of springs?? For a time being even I thought about this cause.

It was in June, When my brother in law (who drives an i10 in Noida) pointed that the suspension in the figo seems tad stiff. That time I gave him gyan about European Cars/Stiff Ride and Taut handling etc , also I brought the contrast condition of roads in both cities. But from within I knew that the stiff ride comment was true to some extent.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th December 2013 at 16:06.
Old 11th January 2013, 22:27   #7602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
took the figo tdci for 2nd service (10k) to kairali ford service center in ernakulam (palarivattom). One word to say : pathetic.

1) You have to push, push & push people there to get anything done.

2) the underbody of my car had scraped badly in many places leading to the 3M coating getting chipped off in many places.

3) they charged me 580 rupees for wheel-balancing ]
4) the cleaning job was PATHETIC :
a) the car went into wash around 6:30 pm (meanwhile the whole place is already in shut-down mode with employees idling around chit chatting and no proper lighting inside the shop floor)
The things you missed are people sitting on the bonnet of you car when it is raised on the hydraulic lift, SA speeding your car through the floor and braking it as if his wife jumped in front and finally the security who is always grumpy -"you should not park here, you should not park like this, park upside down, inside out"

I failed to get my fords rattles fixed by them - they say - "What rattle sir, No rattle Sir, minor rattle sir, will happen sir....". I am planning to try Malayalam Ford next time. If all else fails, then there is carnation- where i can stand with the workers and get things done.

Planning to put an extra fog lamp and a little louder horn for some extra "light and sound".
Old 11th January 2013, 22:32   #7603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has anyone experienced a engine shut down on a 1.2 while driving? I had my first experience today when I was de-accelrating at around 20-30kmh in gear and the engine shut down with 4 beeps.
Realized the engine is dead only after the car slowed down quickly due to being in gear and the clutch not engaged. Started soon after and no issues then.
Point to note is that I was driving on test mode for a couple of kms to check the engine temp when this happened. I will be visiting Metro Ford on Monday for a ECU Flash and will update here.
I have experienced frequently the engine rpm dropping below idle when half clutch and de-acclerating, but engine never turned off. I heard this was an issue with the Swift Petrol as well which is corrected by an ECU update.
It happened to me today. I thought it was due to my deceleration or because I was in wrong gear (which normally never happens). I never knew the engine was off until the steering felt heavy. The chimes sounded like the low fuel chimes. But later only I realized that the engine was off. I don't run my car in the test mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Posting this on behalf of my colleague.

"I recently bought my Figo Titanium Petrol in September 2012. My daily run in Bangalore city is about 15 kms on an average. I'm yet to take her out on the highway. The car has clocked only 2300+ kms as of yet and I'm getting a paltry milage of 9kmpl (80% AC) in bumper to bumper traffic. Is there anything that I can do to increase this like changing tyres (using stock) or filters? I think I'm a pretty decent driver as I used to get 14kmpl (80% AC) off my Wagon R earlier on. I don't drive rash at all. What sort of mileage should I expect with this car in a long run? And what sort of mileage are you guys getting in you Petrol Figo? Thanks in advance."
I was in your(your friends) club for the first few months. Was driving it like a Maruti/Santro - keeping low revs and looking for torque in lower rpm. That time my mileage was pathetic(8-9 kmpl)! My brain paid full cash on the car and never wanted to be rash with it. Heck - even a sudden rise in rpm was like brain telling heart -"mad man, stop being a kid racer"

Start running the car like a machine. People sitting inside the car may feel like you are racing - it makes an interesting sound past 2000 rpm. Just make sure that this sound stays on - in every gear. It is the sound of mileage, power, drive-ability and ultimate pleasure! Now my mileage is somewhere in 14-15 kmpl range- with all those seat crunching acceleration.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th January 2013 at 10:31. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 11th January 2013, 23:52   #7604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Another annoying niggle is the brake caliper noise from the front left. Greasing works well but the annoying rattle starts again after couple of hundred kms.Any permanent solution to this?
Are you sure it is the caliper noise? I had a noise coming from my front tyrewell which I thought was caliper noise( I had the same problem in my Alto earlier). However after a few trial and errors attempts spread over an year, Cauvery Ford finally localised it to the shocks and replaced them. After the right, the left began to act up and that too was replaced. Eversince I have not had that sound.

If it indeed is the caliper noise, for my earlier Alto, the mechanic used to cover the caliper pin with a thin foil so that it would fit snugly. This solution would last longer than the grease but was not permanent.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 11th January 2013 at 23:55.
Old 12th January 2013, 00:05   #7605
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Has anyone got a second beep reminder when the DTE is 40 kms? I do know that the low fuel lamp comes on when the DTE is 80 kms, accompanied by a beep.

This is also in the Fiesta, but there are no beeps. This apart, there is no second reminder beep when the DTE is 40 kms.

I experienced this once on the Figo, and recently my son also got to see this.

Most Viewed