Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2012, 12:58   #7351
Mik
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
An update on this. Its a steering rack issue
The service advisor had the balls to say that this is a common issue in many Figos and its not a problem if you go gently. I said " I will not live with this issue. Replace it!"
Replacement will take the whole day so i will be getting my car back tomorrow.
I just hope they can do a proper job of installing it correctly.
Took the delivery of the car today.
Steering rack assembly was changed. Also, two niggles near seatbelt and a slight rattle somewhere near the rear seat was sorted out. The work done was good and the car feels much better now on my short drive to work. In love with the Figo again.
But, the careless service center employees managed to scratch my car again, this time chipping off paint This time, got them to do touching up on it and the previous scratches too. The workmanship is poor and its pretty obvious to me that touching up has been done. Will some rubbing compound even out the patchy work ?

Checked out the new Figo in blue. Frankly, it looks fab in this colour and the double lined chrome insert on front and the chromed headlight really complements the colour. Will not look good on lighter shades for sure. The steering column mounted stereo adjusts look out of place and ergonomically poor. Overall, its a decent facelift.
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 13:12   #7352
Senior - BHPian

Thanks High Octane & Supertinu. The guy I spoke to was earlier in charge of service, so no need to worry. He is senior in rank in that company.
I came to know him when I escalated something related to my Fiesta a couple of years ago.

OT: I am not able to post any comments in this forum since yesterday. I am using my mobile now. Something is weird with team-bhp since last evening. It was also down for half an hour yesterday.

Issue is that when I use Mozilla browser, the box for typing comments is greyed out, so I cannot type anything at all. And if I use IE8, though I can type there, when I click on Submit, I get an error saying the message is below 20 characters, though it is a lot longer.

I am not able to PM mods also. On PMs, I get a failure notice saying both subject line and message should be filled in. I did fill in both, but whatever I type on the message area gets lost when I submit.

Last edited by vnabhi : 16th October 2012 at 13:19.
Old 16th October 2012, 17:30   #7353
BHPian

My colleague has been meaning to buy the Figo for the past month. I advised him to wait for the new Figo. He visited MPL Ford, Pallikaranai, Chennai yesterday to have a look at the new Figo and they are trying to push the old Figo. They claimed that they haven't received official prices yet though the prices are all over the press. They also said they can't promise even a tentative delivery date for the new Figo. Something tells me they're just making these up.

He then paid Chennai Ford a visit. They promised him delivery of the new Figo within a day if he paid the entire money upfront. Now I smell a fish here. Something tells me they're going to get the full payment from him and delay the delivery as it is a newly launched car and there have been cases where newly launched cars have had waiting period in months. This guy says that shouldn't be a problem as the factory itself is in Chennai.

What further increased my suspicion is when my colleague requested to see the car in flesh in their stockyard (for odo reading, VIN etc.) the Chennai Ford guy said that they don't allow customers into the stockyard and he would get to see the car only after registration.

Any inputs?
Old 16th October 2012, 22:23   #7354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain
What further increased my suspicion is when my colleague requested to see the car in flesh in their stockyard (for odo reading, VIN etc.) the Chennai Ford guy said that they don't allow customers into the stockyard and he would get to see the car only after registration.

Any inputs?
I think they will have new Figo supplies, there is no issues with regards new Figo supplies. IMO the dealer wants to clear the old stocks ASAP fearing there may be no buyers after face lift.

Usually all dealers allow to do PDI and I did my PDI and then only paid advance amount in Bangalore. Insist dealer to allow PDI before delivery, so your friend can be sure about thw availability of the car.
Old 16th October 2012, 22:49   #7355
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
My colleague has been meaning to buy the Figo for the past month. I advised him to wait for the new Figo. He visited MPL Ford, Pallikaranai, Chennai yesterday to have a look at the new Figo and they are trying to push the old Figo. They claimed that they haven't received official prices yet though the prices are all over the press. They also said they can't promise even a tentative delivery date for the new Figo. Something tells me they're just making these up.

He then paid Chennai Ford a visit. They promised him delivery of the new Figo within a day if he paid the entire money upfront. Now I smell a fish here. Something tells me they're going to get the full payment from him and delay the delivery as it is a newly launched car and there have been cases where newly launched cars have had waiting period in months. This guy says that shouldn't be a problem as the factory itself is in Chennai.

Any inputs?
MPL FORD - can your friend let me know the name of the sales adviser? Ask him to ask for Micheal. He is the Sales Manager at MPL Pallikaranai. MPL have improved the service levels and this seems to be a desperate move to sell off their stock of Pre-facelift Figo.

CHENNAI FORD - When i was negotiating with them for the All New Fiesta, they were ready to open up the stock yard for me to inspect the car. Not allowing customers to their stock yard is all cock & bull story. I would advice your friend not to pay the complete value of the car. He should demand to see the car in flesh and only then pay the invoice value.
Old 17th October 2012, 01:40   #7356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I am not sure why this would have happened, but have you checked for any sort of leaks/gaps in the air pathway? The kind of accumulates that you see in your air-filter box cannot pass through the filter (at least a decent one) & therefore, this should be checked.
I guess you understood differently. The insect pile was only on the dirty side of the filter. I hadn't expected to see insects there.. even though, in hind sight, it seems very obvious now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Can you please post few more pics on how you dismantled the engine cover and accessed the air filter. Even I think I should do it on my Figo..
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_1623_with_markings.jpg

Step 1) The engine cover is held by 3 press-fit joints. Simply lift (skywards) the cover around these points (marked in green rectangles)
Step 2) Use the hexagonal star shaped "T25" screw driver to unscrew the 3 screws of Air filter cover. (marked in blue ellipses)
Step 3) Slide the cover off its hinge like holds (highlighted in yellow rectangles).

You will then see the Orange-bordered air filter. The side you see now, is the clean side. The dirty side of the filter is in the bottom. Lift up the filter and clean it ensuring it never gets wet.

While putting everything back, ensure the orange coloured gasket like border of the filter is correctly fit into the groove that I have highlighted in pink. If any gaps are left here, then unfiltered air will directly enter the chamber and reach the engine.
scanD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 16:26   #7357
Senior - BHPian

@vnabhi: use the compatibility tab (appears like a torn paper) in IE8. I too faced the same issue sometime back, but resolved with the above.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 17:07   #7358
BHPian

Quote:

Any inputs?
Hi msnarain

I had gone to get the RC book from Taramani MPL. The Sales person who was responsible for the purchase of my car stated that the new figos will be available in November. I am not claiming it to be authentic but wanted to let you know.
Old 19th October 2012, 19:17   #7359
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about the damage to your car's paint. I was also appalled to see the callous attitude of the employees at Harpreet Ford (assuming you went to the same center i.e. Gurgaon). I vividly remember how the guy working on my car brought in a can filled with tap water to top up the coolant. And then to tighten the lug nuts on the tyres, he got a wrench whose handle was touching the fender & so, if he would have tightened the lug nuts that way, my car's fender would have gone for a toss.

You should give them a strong feedback & also speak with their manager, a gentleman by the name of John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
But, the careless service center employees managed to scratch my car again, this time chipping off paint This time, got them to do touching up on it and the previous scratches too. The workmanship is poor and its pretty obvious to me that touching up has been done. Will some rubbing compound even out the patchy work ?
Old 19th October 2012, 19:40   #7360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any inputs?
Even in Pune, I got to see the car in stockyard. Also, till I checked out my car, I had only given booking amount. Only after I
confirmed my car after seeing it in stockyard did I pay the remaining amount. So you should negotiate with dealer or he might push you old car or worse even a test ride vehicle since he is saying you can see the car only after registration.
Old 22nd October 2012, 12:52   #7361

Guys, I have decided to buy the old model figo titanium diesel from MPL Nandanam, Chennai. the guy is quoting 6.74 on road with all corporate discounts. Since this is my first car purchase, please advice me on the essential things to be obtained as freebies. He said the price includes wax paint and other accessories like floor mat etc. I also pushed him to include rear parking sensors and car cover as part of the cost. Is there anything else i should bargain for??
Old 24th October 2012, 10:01   #7362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
Guys, I have decided to buy the old model figo titanium diesel from MPL Nandanam, Chennai. the guy is quoting 6.74 on road with all corporate discounts. Since this is my first car purchase, please advice me on the essential things to be obtained as freebies. He said the price includes wax paint and other accessories like floor mat etc. I also pushed him to include rear parking sensors and car cover as part of the cost. Is there anything else i should bargain for??
You could try to get scuff plates, side door molding, legal limit films if any on top of what you already have bargained for.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:05   #7363
BHPian

Thanks a lot all. I updated my colleague on this. I will update you guys as soon as something materializes. Another friend booked the new Figo on last Thursday. He is getting delivery by Nov 1st week.
Old 24th October 2012, 10:42   #7364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind_ragu View Post
Congrats on your first car. You are getting a good car and even though it is the old model, it will serve you faithfully for years to come if looked after well.

Push for as much of a discount as possible. With the launch of the new model the old model is becoming difficult to sell.
Old 25th October 2012, 08:27   #7365
BHPian

Hi - can anyone tell how to change a headlight bulb in the figo? It should be simple but wanted to get ask before experimenting by myself. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks