Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 14:25   #7231
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I have been using my blackberry since 2.5years paired with my FIGO's bluetooth without any problems. I bought a samsung S2 recently and for some reason I am not able to pair it with the system. On the S2 I get prompted to enter the passcode after doing the same it says "cannot pair with device"

Any idea how this can be done please?
Old 17th September 2012, 14:28   #7232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have been using my blackberry since 2.5years paired with my FIGO's bluetooth without any problems. I bought a samsung S2 recently and for some reason I am not able to pair it with the system. On the S2 I get prompted to enter the passcode after doing the same it says "cannot pair with device"

Any idea how this can be done please?
I have a Galaxy SII too but it pairs without any problem. I suggest that you make the Phone discoverable (visible) and try matching from the side of the figo bluetooth menu.

If this does not work please let me know. I will send the steps (step by step) for pairing. I will delete my S2 and then pair it again so that I can get the steps.
Old 17th September 2012, 14:32   #7233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
I have a Galaxy SII too but it pairs without any problem. I suggest that you make the Phone discoverable (visible) and try matching from the side of the figo bluetooth menu.

If this does not work please let me know. I will send the steps (step by step) for pairing. I will delete my S2 and then pair it again so that I can get the steps.
Hey thanks for the quick response. The phone is discoverable, however I seem to have forgotten how to pair it from the figo's menu. One more thing, when the password is asked on the phone, it barely gives time to enter the password. I suspect that also could be the issue.
Old 17th September 2012, 15:48   #7234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the quick response. The phone is discoverable, however I seem to have forgotten how to pair it from the figo's menu. One more thing, when the password is asked on the phone, it barely gives time to enter the password. I suspect that also could be the issue.
Hope you find this video useful!

Old 17th September 2012, 16:16   #7235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I have the same problem and couldn't find a solution yet. The design of the fuel filler cap is the culprit here. Eventhough it is cable operated, they have provided a big enough notch which helps in pulling out the cap easily, if you use some force. And I don't think that the lock mechanism is sturdy enough to withstand this force.

I too have the same problem, any solution for this?
Scared to go *** as they would screw up something else
Old 17th September 2012, 16:26   #7236
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks for the quick response. The phone is discoverable, however
My Nokia was paired with mine initially. But I unpaired for some reason. Now I cant pair it again. I think its a problem with the HU
Old 17th September 2012, 17:22   #7237
BHPian

This is for those who wanted to see the unmasked Facelifted Figo.

Like ? Unlike?

Pic courtesy: Mohandasnikhil-bhpian
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-forumrunner_20120917_1719021.jpg  

HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 17:31   #7238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post

Like ? Unlike?

well the grill and fog lamps section has got a change for sure, however the older design looks better in my opinion. The headlights looks altered as well. Unlike from my side.
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 17:40   #7239
BHPian

The current gen front end looks better than the upgrade. The Chrome lip and the trapezoidal air dams in the current model looks better than the face lift. Also the current gen headlight might be poor in lighting but the design seems better co-ordinated.

Using the pic posted by HighOctane for comparison

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ff.jpg

Infact the current gen looks as an upgrade to the upcoming one!

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 17th September 2012 at 17:51.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 17:54   #7240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
My Nokia was paired with mine initially. But I unpaired for some reason. Now I cant pair it again. I think its a problem with the HU
There is a restriction on number of phones which can be paired. I faced the issue when i tried with multiple phones / devices (Nokia N95, BB, Ipod, Lumia etc). Not sure if this is the problem in your case, but if there are more profiles stored in HU, delete one or two and try.
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2012, 18:17   #7241
BHPian

Quote:
well the grill and fog lamps section has got a change for sure, however the older design looks better in my opinion. The headlights looks altered as well. Unlike from my side.
The new one looks more like a face unlift . The old one was sleeker and not all Indians are hell bent on the chrome bling bling. The new headlight unit gives it an older car look than the current model. Unlike from my side. The old headlamp unit added a mean stare to the Figo (snake eyes!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
There is a restriction on number of phones which can be paired. I faced the issue when i tried with multiple phones / devices (Nokia N95, BB, Ipod, Lumia etc). Not sure if this is the problem in your case, but if there are more profiles stored in HU, delete one or two and try.
I too have an S2 and for some reason (forgot it) I had to re-pair the device as it was not responding anymore. I had to delete the phone from the head unit and then, it paired without any issue. Without the delete, it was giving me error.

Last edited by A350XWB : 17th September 2012 at 18:19.
A350XWB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 09:05   #7242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
The current gen front end looks better than the upgrade. The Chrome lip and the trapezoidal air dams in the current model looks better than the face lift. Also the current gen headlight might be poor in lighting but the design seems better co-ordinated.

Using the pic posted by HighOctane for comparison

Attachment 987287

Infact the current gen looks as an upgrade to the upcoming one!
For some reason, I feel the image is compressed a bit on sideways. That might alter the look appearing here. Lets wait for a better pic. Thanks for posting this though
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 10:21   #7243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380

For some reason, I feel the image is compressed a bit on sideways. That might alter the look appearing here. Lets wait for a better pic. Thanks for posting this though
Yes, Mohandasnikhil who is a bhpian took this snap as seen on his rear view mirror and hence it seems bit compressed side wise.

Sometimes pictures will look different than seeing in flesh. But the headlamp and hexagon shaped Airdam is not upto my taste. It would have been good if the airdam was in rectangular shape and exact round lens in teardrop headlamp.

Last edited by HighOctane : 18th September 2012 at 10:23.
Old 18th September 2012, 10:24   #7244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Guys, need an urgent help.

A friend of mine just called & told me that his boss's Figo that had been sent to the dealership for servicing has gone missing. The driver was there in the waiting lounge & the dealership is unable to trace the car as of now.

The dealership/A.S.S is "Noida Ford", located in Sector-63 (Noida).

If anyone has any contact details for somebody in Ford (preferably the VP Servicing), then please share them. Any person that you think may be able to help, please share the contact details.

Also, what do you guys suggest can be done?

@MODS: Wasn't sure where to put this query but found it apt to be shared here. Please relocate if this is not the right place to ask this question.
Further to the above post, the update is that the car was found (late at night on the same day) & the dealership's explanation was that some other driver had taken the car away thinking it was his car.

The entire experience is too long to describe in words here, but to sum it up, the experience with Noida Ford was one of its kind & one that took our breath away. So, anyone planning to take their car there, please exercise extra caution.

Quote:
I agree a 100%, the current design looks way better & I am glad I have the existing design with me. The new design looks like its a derivative of the i10 (from the front).

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 18th September 2012 at 10:26.
blackfire_9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 10:51   #7245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post

Like ? Unlike?

If this is how the face lift looks then I certainly think people would flock to the showrooms and lap up all the current inventories of the existing Figo. No need waiting for this confused squint eyed baby. (older Figo definitely looks aggressive and proportionate)

This is one of those face lifts which has made the older existing owners smiling and proud of their vehicles (the other being the new facelifted Ritz)
racer_m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks