Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2012, 11:07   #7201
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

Please let me know if I need to add any more points to the current negatives of the Figo (I'm fully aware of the positives):-
  1. GC issues when fully loaded---but I think this is an issue with most cars in the segment. But the Figo does appear bogged down when fully loaded. I can tell by looking from outside if it is fully loaded.
  2. Runs out of breath on the highway---not a deal breaker for me again, as I'd be using the Fiesta for most highway trips.
  3. Wafer thin bumpers---a bit concerned about this, as my Fiesta has taken many knocks on the rear and withstood most very well.
  4. More in cabin diesel clatter than the Swift or i-20. Same as Punto and perhaps Liva (no idea about Micra and Polo)
I'd also like to know what alternatives are there for the weaknesses above. For instance, can I upgrade the headlamps without risking warranty? And would I need to change the reflectors also?

Thanks in advance.
I think you pretty much got very good answers from lot of folks on the forum. So without repeating too much, few points to add based on my experience

- GC is surely less or average. I drive a lot in Bangalore with 4 adults but as long you are a little careful (read very slow) on the unscientific bumps, you can get away without scraping. Better than Honda City for sure.
- TDCi has good performance till about 4K rpm. 100kmph is at about 2400rpm and 120kmph is ~3000rpm. You can do the math if you consider it will run out of breath for you or not.
- Bumpers though thin but are very flexible and that helps. Recently my wife managed to hit a swift from the back. Front bumper took a beating but came back to 95% of its shape with just few cracks in the paint. Barely visible.
- Diesel clatter on outside remains high no matter what compared to competition. But on the inside I find it noticeably quieter now that i have done 7K kms on my car. So not a bother as long as you drive with AC on.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 11:42   #7202
BHPian

Figo does clatter in idle but not very much after it revs up. Once you build up speed it goes fine.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 6th September 2012 at 11:51.
Old 6th September 2012, 11:49   #7203
Team-BHP Support

Can someone tell me the bulb type for the fog lamp of the Figo? Is it H3 or H11? I believe it is mentioned in the manual.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:51   #7204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig

So once these new reflectors come out as spare parts, will we be able to use them in our earlier model figos?
Hope so if the head light assembly's external shape is the same. As per the Ford insider who is working on ecosports project, the shape is the same with round reflectors, but he got to know that the wiring harness is different in new figo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980
My figo starts to vibe little in handle @ 140, so have not pushed it beyond it.

Still waiting on info/suggestion on getting projector lights + angle eyes + low high beam for my figo !!!
I could not make difference through steering when it neared 140 kmph twice for my 2 month old Figo.

If you are not worried about electrical warranty, you can go for projectors. You can fit only one projector as the reflector is small. I saw blue Angel eyes with white projectors at Reliance Autozone for Rs.8k. Also visit Retro Rides in Facebook to see Figo projectors under Ford Projectors album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639
Can someone tell me the bulb type for the fog lamp of the Figo? Is it H3 or H11? I believe it is mentioned in the manual.
I think H4 for headlamps and H11 for fog lamps.

Last edited by HighOctane : 6th September 2012 at 12:53.
Old 6th September 2012, 13:55   #7205
BHPian

It's been 17 months since I bought my Sea Grey Figo TDCi Titanium and after 18000+ km, I'm happy with my decision. There has been an incident, a broken thermostat assembly, with a total loss of coolant. But apart from this, the ownership has been trouble-free. I've had multiple trips to Coorg, Kerala etc. and the car never failed me, even once. The car gave me an average mileage of 15.89 kmpl with 100% AC for the 18000 km, which includes highway as well as bumper to bumper traffic on Bangalore ORR. The ride and handling is superb, space (passenger & luggage) is good and the engine has sufficient grunt, if you know how to work through gears. Below is the picture of the car, on our way to Vagamon, Kerala.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-581466_10151209712029434_1870476017_n.jpg
A350XWB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 14:02   #7206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Headlamps are H4 - 55/60 Watts

Fog lamps are H11 - 55 Watts
Old 6th September 2012, 14:05   #7207
BHPian

I had gone for RTB replacement a week back, I did notice a statement in the service memo- IDS cluster check and replacement? Can someone tell me what does this mean? Also is there any new update for petrol Figos?

Please advise friends. Thanks

edit:- Mine is a petrol version

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th September 2012 at 16:49. Reason: Part of your post moved to another thread, as per your reported post.
Old 6th September 2012, 17:17   #7208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980
Still waiting on info/suggestion on getting projector lights + angle eyes + low high beam for my figo !!!
Projectors for Figo as seen with Retro Rides. May costs a bomb as this set up includes LED turn indicators. I think they are based at Delhi, you can find them in FB
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-.facebook_1050147728.jpg  

HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 18:42   #7209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi,

I am having some issue with pairing my HTC Wildfire with the Headunit of my Figo. When I pair my phone with the HU, it pairs well. But, sometimes I am able to hear the voice of the person on the other end of the call - but the other person is not able to hear me. This issue occurs sometimes, not always. At other times, everything works perfectly fine. Also, even if everything is working fine - after some time, even though the phone is paired with the HU I still get the message "PAIR HTC WILDFIRE - Yes/No" and I am not able to pair it. I have to follow the complete procedure of deleting the device from the memory and pairing again.

The behavior has been very erratic of late.

Has anybody faced similar issues with the HU in their FIGO? Is there a way I can Reset the HU to factory settings and see if it helps?

I wish to try out everything before taking it to the SC. I really do not think they will be of any help as the standard reply would be that my phone's bluetooth is not supported. Because, even earlier when everything used to work just fine I was not able to access the phone's address book, use the sms feature of the Head Unit.

Thanks!
Try resetting the phone, my fried had the same problem with his Wildfire.
Old 11th September 2012, 20:15   #7210
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need an urgent help.

A friend of mine just called & told me that his boss's Figo that had been sent to the dealership for servicing has gone missing. The driver was there in the waiting lounge & the dealership is unable to trace the car as of now.

The dealership/A.S.S is "Noida Ford", located in Sector-63 (Noida).

If anyone has any contact details for somebody in Ford (preferably the VP Servicing), then please share them. Any person that you think may be able to help, please share the contact details.

Also, what do you guys suggest can be done?

@MODS: Wasn't sure where to put this query but found it apt to be shared here. Please relocate if this is not the right place to ask this question.
Old 11th September 2012, 21:28   #7211
Mik
BHPian

Gave the Figo for its first service and had a taste of the suspect A.S.S at Harpreet Ford- Gurgaon.

1. Three little scratches. In 5 weeks i have had zero scratches in gurgaon traffic and they did that in two hours. The scratches are barely visible now after some rubbing.
2. A very faint tak tak - intermittent sound is coming from the front. The diagnosis guy Hemant wasn't able to find out the exact source. He assures that its not a engine/gearbox problem.

I was better off without the 'service'.
The advisors are very helpful and courteous generally. I have faced Maruti advisors with lots of dismissive attitude.
I think i would avoid this dealership next time though. So, which is the best dealership in NCR/Ludhiana ?

Also, i wanted to get the reverse parking camera + Video out on rear view mirror thing. Ford customer care insists that warranty would be void if i get this from outside. The Ford dealership quotes 10k for it. Friendly neighbourhood accessories shop quotes 4.5 k. grrrrr...

Last edited by Mik : 11th September 2012 at 21:30.
Old 12th September 2012, 10:31   #7212
BHPian

I have sent my Figo for RTB change on last friday, but after checking with puller type of instrument and with paint system they have concluded that RTB was perfectly OK and no need to replace it.
During time the gearshift has been cleaned from rust and proper greasing made it silky smooth.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-20120907-10.36.25.jpg  

Old 12th September 2012, 10:32   #7213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
Gave the Figo for its first service and had a taste of the suspect A.S.S at Harpreet Ford- Gurgaon.

1. Three little scratches. In 5 weeks i have had zero scratches in gurgaon traffic and they did that in two hours. The scratches are barely visible now after some rubbing.
2. A very faint tak tak - intermittent sound is coming from the front. The diagnosis guy Hemant wasn't able to find out the exact source. He assures that its not a engine/gearbox problem.

The advisors are very helpful and courteous generally. I have faced Maruti advisors with lots of dismissive attitude.
I think i would avoid this dealership next time though. So, which is the best dealership in NCR/Ludhiana ?

Also, i wanted to get the reverse parking camera + Video out on rear view mirror thing. Ford customer care insists that warranty would be void if i get this from outside. The Ford dealership quotes 10k for it. Friendly neighbourhood accessories shop quotes 4.5 k. grrrrr...
3 scratches , that sucks especially you managed to keep it scratch free in NCR where all cars have nothing but scratches.

Regarding the warranty I doubt Ford customer care will let you even touch the car under the bonnet, but as far as i understand warranty gets voided only if you touch any of the original setup. For examples, fitting an accessory can void electricals if it touches any of the existing setup. If you can manage to get the reverse cam fitted without cutting any existing wires, then you might be ok. You will have to tap into the reverse gear light to trigger you camera device, try to get hold of a crimp connector which taps into the wire without really cutting the wire or damaging the insulation too much. Thats what I did when I had upgraded the horn. There is always some grey area here but if your dealer is not too by the book, then you are covered.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 11:34   #7214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post

My experience with Harpreet Moti Bagh was pretty good, give that a try. The person who runs the show is helpful and keeps the supervisors and the staff on their toes. i went there for 3 services before I sold off my car, and they used to take less that 3 hours to deliver, I must add I used to the first one at the centre.
bruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2012, 11:43   #7215
BHPian

My Titanium Diesel had done 32000 km without any incident.
I got the car serviced 2 weeks back and nothing was wrong.

Yesterday I was driving along, when I suddenly noticed that the gears were not engaging.
I parked on the kerbside and found that when I pressed the accelerator, the rev count went up to 3000 or 4000 and still the car moved with great difficulty.
Just then, I could smell the odor like burning rubber?

What is the likely issue?

I got the car towed to Ford Service and they are working on it.

Its got to do with the clutch plate and pressure plate.

What causes this?

They say its likely to cost me 9000 to 11000....!

The RTB was replaced last week.

Last edited by Indizen010 : 12th September 2012 at 11:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks