Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2012, 20:31   #7141
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys, I am planning to do seat cover for my Figo (Moondust silver), with Passat OEM seat pattern and in brown color (ala BMW, a tad bit darker than that). I think it works for Figo's black interior and seats are bit narrower.

Pattern is almost similar to this.
http://www.koyas.net/UpholsteryModels.aspx?modelid=77

Anybody heard/experienced about Arcus in Anna nagar Chennai? I came to know about these guys in Auto expo. They don't have any showroom/outlet working in a house/godown. They quoted me 8k for high grade PU including complimentary floor mats. They got nice patterns and color choices too.
Old 30th August 2012, 22:09   #7142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
....Anybody heard/experienced about Arcus in Anna nagar Chennai? I came to know about these guys in Auto expo. They don't have any showroom/outlet working in a house/godown. They quoted me 8k for high grade PU including complimentary floor mats. They got nice patterns and color choices too.
No idea about Arcus. Why don't you try Motomall in Anna Salai? They've got a pretty good collection plus they do a good installation too. You can even order from the catalog if you are prepared to wait. Prices would be a little on the higher side but the quality is top notch. My cars seat covers were done there. Pics posted in the last two pages.
Old 30th August 2012, 22:38   #7143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
No idea about Arcus. Why don't you try Motomall in Anna Salai? They've got a pretty good collection plus they do a good installation too. You can even order from the catalog if you are prepared to wait. Prices would be a little on the higher side but the quality is top notch. My cars seat covers were done there. Pics posted in the last two pages.
Thanks for your post. I think you are talking about Privilege Motomall, but i heard (even in the chennai directory thread) their prices are very high. Anyway your seat cover finish is too good. Will look at Privilege motomall, i heard people here recommending Jewaajee in Anna nagar. Gona look for them also. Yes i sort of ready to wait/search for my desired seats with reasonable pricing.
Old 30th August 2012, 23:01   #7144
Senior - BHPian

Yup!! You've got the place right.

The premium they command is quite justified considering the fact that your car will be worked upon in a very good ambience.

Most of the shops in GP road/ Royapettah don't have the space even to park your car in their shop frontage.

Jeewaajee could be a worthy alternative. Haven't been there personally. Heard good reviews about it. Guess he is a very old player in the market. Do visit and post your feedback.
Old 31st August 2012, 01:01   #7145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Its not compulsory, if required they would change. I'm getting it checked at Metro in two days.
If you are visiting the St. Marks road centre, suggest you get in touch with Venkatesh. He was my SA for the day and really very friendly guy. He even took me to the workshop when i told him about my desire to watch the car being serviced. He showed what parts were changed and why. And even though he was running short on time due to added pressure that day he looked after all my queries and needs.
He can be reached at:- 9902012623. And he really appreciates it when the customer keeps his car in good shape. Going by my previous experiences, he turned out to be the most attentive to the needs of the customer.

The rest of the service advisors were all arrogant last time. And got my car dented too. Even this time one of them tried to keep me out of the workshop. I wish they treated customers with more respect. Im happy to have found atleast a good seed in that ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I have always watched my Cars being serviced at ASC's, but don't bother anyone. No one has said a word yet.

I even photographed the RTB inspection procedure.

And yes, no test-drive of my Car w/o my permission.

Today, I helped the mechanic in greasing my CBR's cone-set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I think they won't do such a blunder to replace the RTB with a used one. You can anyways check the beam and the new one would look factory fresh black with no stains. You gave the right answer to the guard! Also do test the car on bad roads to check any unwanted noise after the replacement.
They didnt replace my RTB however. Only the PAS hose got replaced along with completely new steering fluid. Venkatesh also explained to me the RTB inspection procedure with all the tools and spray and it was actually quite simple. More on that on the RTB thread.

One thing i feel Ford should recall or atleast replace FOC is the mudguards. The one on my front right was broken after a year. I thought I was the only one to have that damaged. However yesterday I noticed every single Figo which had come for service had one or more mudguards broken. In fact an owner who had taken delivery on my 2nd service day, has already got 4 of the mudguards broken. Im sure this will be the same story all throughout the country. Do you guys feel its a design flaw?

Also noticed other than BHPians, hardly do people take care of their vehicles. So many were brought into service fully dusty and not even clean inside. I do feel our rides deserve a good detailing service atleast once a month for the joy it brings us everyday

And a lot of thanks to you guys for your prompt replies that day. Had you not replied, I wouldn't have been able to watch my car being serviced. It was only because you all suggested that i can stay, did i put my foot down and observe the whole process. Thanks friends.

Quote:
This is the reason i never went for the mud guards. They are bound to be broken.

You are right. Our cars are the best in the ASSC (touch wood). People were amazed to see the upkeep levels even at the 3rd service. People do clean exteriors but most of them don't bother to clean the Interiors!
I dint replace my mudguard either as the out ramp in my apartment has metal sticking out on the right side and it used to touch the mudguard all the time and thus came off one fine day. Some people were having them replaced at the ASC though.

About the interiors and exteriors, i pity the cleaners when they have to clean a dirty car. If you open the door even then so much dust accumulates in the air around you. And the stink coming out of these cars is pretty bad. I can go on and on. Come on people, a cleaning job doesn't cost that much once a month.

Oh lest i forget, my SA was very interested in my stickers. Sadly i couldn't offer him one as I hadn't got the extra ones with me. He asked about the forum and i gave him a brief description. Till then he had seen only the stickered cars but noone had bothered to explain about TBHP. Hope i wasnt wrong in introducing him to the forum.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 31st August 2012 at 01:21. Reason: Added a new quote
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 01:09   #7146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

One thing i feel Ford should recall or atleast replace FOC is the mudguards. The one on my front right was broken after a year. I thought I was the only one to have that damaged.

Also noticed other than BHPians, hardly do people take care of their vehicles. So many were brought into service fully dusty and not even clean inside. I do feel our rides deserve a good detailing service atleast once a month for the joy it brings us everyday
This is the reason i never went for the mud guards. They are bound to be broken.

You are right. Our cars are the best in the ASSC (touch wood). People were amazed to see the upkeep levels even at the 3rd service. People do clean exteriors but most of them don't bother to clean the Interiors!
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 07:44   #7147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig

If you are visiting the St. Marks road centre, suggest you get in touch with Venkatesh. He was my SA for the day and really very friendly guy.

I noticed every single Figo which had come for service had one or more mudguards broken. In fact an owner who had taken delivery on my 2nd service day, has already got 4 of the mudguards broken. Im sure this will be the same story all throughout the country. Do you guys feel its a design flaw?

Also noticed other than BHPians, hardly do people take care of their vehicles.

I dint replace my mudguard either as the out ramp in my apartment has metal sticking out on the right side and it used to touch the mudguard all the time and thus came off one fine
Thanks for introducing a very humble, caring service guy. But I would still like to know which is best service center in Bangalore, Cauvery Ford or Metro Ford St.Marks Rd or Metro Lingarajpuram ?

The mudflaps should have to be a rubber one for Figo as it frequently scraps in road humps. I did not face any such problem of broken mudflap. Try to search for a rubber mudflap which looks good and fits Figo.

Many of us in TBhp, treat our cars and bikes as another living thing and take care if them.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 07:55   #7148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

Thanks for introducing a very humble, caring service guy. But I would still like to know which is best service center in Bangalore, Cauvery Ford or Metro Ford St.Marks Rd or Metro Lingarajpuram ?

The mudflaps should have to be a rubber one for Figo.
Id say from all that Ive heard, currently only Metro ford is giving good customer service. Ive been going to St Marks road centre always even though the Lingarajpuram one is closer to my place.

For mudflaps, one needs to search the accesory shops on JC road. I should probably do that sometime.

Regards.
Old 31st August 2012, 09:47   #7149
Team-BHP Support

Mud-flaps? If you need them, buy softer ones available at accessory shops. I got mine & they are soft, hence no issues.

The mechanic has left grubby paw marks on the RHS door from inside, got to scrub & clean it :(
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2012, 15:11   #7150
BHPian

Quote:
Id say from all that Ive heard, currently only Metro ford is giving good customer service. Ive been going to St Marks road centre always even though the Lingarajpuram one is closer to my place.
Regards.
I have been to Metro(St. Marks and Lingarajapuram), Elite ford and lathangi.
And I would rate them in the same order.
Metro is spacious and you would feel comfortable to give the vehicle(first impression).
Elite would go to any extend to help you since they are just starting up. Initial niggles are there, but still far better than Lathangi.

I felt like going back on reaching Lathangi and it proved to be right
Old 1st September 2012, 00:02   #7151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would be great if someone could track the same!
I manufacture something similar.

Its a EPDM Rubber Black Sponge Strip 16 x 3.5 mm roughly. So the size should suit you.

Two problems

1) It is for an industrial application so surface finish isnt the best.
2) It is not self adhesive. You have to stick it with good double tape / super glue if you are willing!

If the above suits you, I can courier you 10 metres by tomorrow itself. Since you are a bhpian, its free
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 00:20   #7152
BHPian

Thanks for the gesture AbhiJ. I don't mind the finish and I think the size would suit me. Infact this was my 2nd option. I had thought to stick something (a rubber/foam strip) on one side of good quality double glued tape and stick it to the car frame. I fear using any type of adhesive, as it may ruin the paint finish.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 1st September 2012 at 00:24.
Old 1st September 2012, 08:16   #7153
BHPian

Quote:

For mudflaps, one needs to search the accesory shops on JC road. I should probably do that sometime.
Any feedback on Lathangi Ford Banerghatta road? I plan to visit Bangalore next week and since my sister's flat is hardly a km from there, I am thinking of giving my car there for the RTB inspection and some niggle corrections. Is there any other better option for me in the close vicinity?

I had visited them once for the stalling issue back in Jan, 2011, and they were clueless (but at that time, I was probably the only one complaining about the issue), and ended up buying and installing a set of fog lamps for my car at a discounted price and also getting the free service check-up done as part of a service camp by Ford across all the service centres.

And as for the mud flaps, even I got mine broken last month and had to get a new set of front flaps from the A.S.S. It set me back by 750/- for the front 2 alone. You can get a set of 4 rubber ones from outside shops for around 350/-, but the downside is the Ford flaps are a clip-on type while the after-market ones are screw-in type. So to install the rubber flaps, they will need to drill holes on the metal body in the wheel arch which I was not too comfortable with, and hence decided to go with genuine part (for one more time).
Old 1st September 2012, 08:44   #7154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded

Any feedback on Lathangi Ford Banerghatta road? I plan to visit Bangalore next week and since my sister's flat is hardly a km from there, I am thinking of giving my car there for the RTB inspection and some niggle corrections. Is there any other better option for me in the close vicinity?

I ).
Banerghatta road is too far and coming to Metro ford from there would only cost you a lot. RTB and PAS Lathangi should be able to do it. Even though the reviews are bad but this Service is free of cost. So i don't see any harm in going there.

As for mud flaps, its been 6 7months since it got broken and im doing actually better without them. No unnecessary contact with the road as used to happen earlier. Sometimes during the rains mud tends to accumulate on the fender which can be washed off easily thereafter.

The genuine part has a design flaw and until ford corrects it, im not buying any.

Regards
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2012, 11:11   #7155
Senior - BHPian

All those who are worried about the mud flaps. Just get them to cut off 1-2 inches from the new set you put. I did that and mine is still "on" as of now!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks