Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 21:55   #7081
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Also can steel rims be replaced under warranty?
Why Sir, do you wish to change your rims?
Old 17th August 2012, 23:53   #7082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english

Hi Parthasarathi

Could you share the break ups, how much he charges for each
Goodyear GT3 Tyre 175/65 R14- inr 4000 per tyre
Wheel alignment balancing - inr 500
Nitrogen - inr 150 for 5tyres
Puncture kit - inr 700 for set of 20 strips.

Do you think the prices reasonable or on the higher side?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange

Tyres tend to get dry and crack with age and most dealers source them from tyre shops to prevent stagnation of stocks.
How can we detect the cracks? Does it show up on visual inspection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs
Why Sir, do you wish to change your rims?
Sir remember we had a discussion about a few months back regarding the blowout puncture I'd suffered and you had advised me to get the rim checked for cracks or bends before getting the new Tyre. Also you'd advised putting the new tyres to the front wheels and older ones at the back. It was in the process of following your advice that I had enquired about new steel rim from the dealer just in case I needed to purchase one. Since the Tyre dealers also told me that the stock rims are only available from dealers.

Anyway there wasn't any need to purchase a new rim once I showed them the older one.

Btw one more question to you @dhanushs sir. The right front Tyre has been earlier repaired using a puncture kit when a nail had entered it. Is it safe to drive it at highway speeds without a worry or do I need to be careful anywhere above 50kmph?

Thanks again.
Old 18th August 2012, 00:37   #7083
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also you'd advised putting the new tyres to the front wheels and older ones at the back.
Fundamentally the new tires should always be installed on the rear axle and the partially worn tires moved to the front. New tires on the rear axle help the driver more easily maintain control on wet roads since deeper treaded tires are better at resisting hydroplaning.

read more on this on Tire Safety Starts Here - ATS | Tire Industry Association
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 04:48   #7084
BHPian

@parthasarathig very small cracks. It is always better to go by the manufacturing date which is on the tyre. Try getting anything less than a year old.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 07:26   #7085
BHPian

Quote:
Goodyear GT3 Tyre 175/65 R14- inr 4000 per tyre
Wheel alignment balancing - inr 500
Nitrogen - inr 150 for 5tyres
Puncture kit - inr 700 for set of 20 strips.

Do you think the prices reasonable or on the higher side?
You could have saved at least the 150/- you spent on "branded" air.
Just suggesting.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 08:24   #7086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange
@parthasarathig very small cracks. It is always better to go by the manufacturing date which is on the tyre. Try getting anything less than a year old.
Sir where is this manufacturing date written? I searched the tire and couldn't find :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded

You could have saved at least the 150/- you spent on "branded" air.
Just suggesting.
But I hear nitrogen filled tyres run cooler and also less amount of air loss over time. Do you mean asking discount for the 150 or not filling nitrogen at all?

Thanks.
Old 18th August 2012, 09:13   #7087
BHPian

Quote:
Sir where is this manufacturing date written? I searched the tire and couldn't find :(

But I hear nitrogen filled tyres run cooler and also less amount of air loss over time. Do you mean asking discount for the 150 or not filling nitrogen at all?

Thanks.
You can find the date of manufacture in the format wwyy (w=Week, y= Year) on the side wall.

Regarding Nitrogen usage in passenger cars, it's just one of those things that is being used where it is not really needed or serves any real purpose. Read more here,
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...trogen-52.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
I am a diesel newbie so my question might be a bit elementary.
While idling at any redlight i can detect a slight vibration of the engine. What concerns me is that every ten seconds or nearabouts - there is an extra vibration coming. Anything i should be concerned about ?
Editing my post to answer this post.
What you are experiencing is not the engine vibration, but the AC compressor kicking in every few seconds which sends a small noticeable jerk across the car. Just that you notice it when the car is stationary. There is nothing to worry about.
Cheers.

Last edited by jayded : 18th August 2012 at 09:37.
jayded is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 09:26   #7088
Mik
BHPian

While idling at any redlight i can detect a slight vibration of the engine. What concerns me is that every ten seconds or nearabouts - there is an extra vibration coming. Anything i should be concerned about ?

Also, happy to report that in approximately 15 days of ownership, i have done 1950 km I use my bike for commuting so these are just weekend runs to ludhiana and to ranikhet and nearabouts.
Mileage on tankful to tankful
First run: gurgaon - ludhiana - gurgaon (80% highway, 20% city - AC on 90%)
20.83 kmpl

Second run: Last week Gurgaon - Ranikhet - Gurgaon (50% proper highway, 25% hills, 25% horrible roads/bumper to bumper traffic) - 19.45 kmpl

I did open up the engine after 1000km and did an unmentionable speed on it once
Completely in love!

The figo in action near Corbett
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-figo.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 18th August 2012 at 10:34. Reason: As requested.
Old 18th August 2012, 11:56   #7089
BHPian

Quote:

The figo in action near Corbett

Firstly have something round made of Steel
I do not have the courage to take my new Figo into something like that.

And the slight vibration, is the ac compressor cutting in or out. All regular on that, should even out when the car has some kms on it.

And congrats on the new car.
Old 18th August 2012, 12:28   #7090
Team-BHP Support

Hi Mik!

Congratulations! Got yourself a diesel? Wise choice

That is the A/C's compressor/fan switching on/off. Nothing to be worried about.
Old 18th August 2012, 12:59   #7091
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
What you are experiencing is not the engine vibration, but the AC compressor kicking in every few seconds which sends a small noticeable jerk across the car. Just that you notice it when the car is stationary. There is nothing to worry about.
Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Firstly have something round made of Steel
I do not have the courage to take my new Figo into something like that.

And the slight vibration, is the ac compressor cutting in or out. All regular on that, should even out when the car has some kms on it.

And congrats on the new car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Hi Mik!

Congratulations! Got yourself a diesel? Wise choice

That is the A/C's compressor/fan switching on/off. Nothing to be worried about.
Thank-you all for clarifying my doubts. Saves a visit to the F.A.S.S.
@Sheel: Wise choice indeed In the first seven months of the year my previous car did barely 2.5k km. In half a month i am close to that now. Diesel makes you want to drive more.
@neofromcapone: He he, i am scared to think what would happen if i decide to take it to ladakh which i do plan to do next year on the car.

Last edited by Mik : 18th August 2012 at 13:16.
Old 18th August 2012, 16:01   #7092
BANNED

Quote:
... He he, i am scared to think what would happen if i decide to take it to ladakh which i do plan to do next year on the car.
humble opinion : with a road hugger like figo, ladakh will give you a lot of hearburn; please think twice or thrice before making up your mind
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 17:41   #7093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere

humble opinion : with a road hugger like figo, ladakh will give you a lot of hearburn; please think twice or thrice before making up your mind
This has been done already, i planned to take my ff to leh too but to cancel at last minute....will surely do next year!
Old 19th August 2012, 09:59   #7094
Mik
BHPian

I don't think it would be too much of a challenge to take a Figo to ladakh.

The Srinagar - Leh stretch is mostly good and apart from a few spots in zozila, i don't think there is any chance of any damage to the underbody.
Leh-Khardungla - things can get ugly if there is lots of ice, otherwise its a breeze.
Leh- Pangong Tso- A few spots on the Chang-La descent towards pangong tso one has to be careful with. Rest should be ok.
Leh - Manali
The pang to Lachung la section will be a nightmare at some places. Other than that some gingerly driving will see it through.

This year, while on the ladakh circuit on my motorcycle a Ford Ikon was a constant companion on most roads (they seemed to have a similar itinerary)
They made it through snow, slush, ice pretty well !
Old 19th August 2012, 17:06   #7095
BHPian

I got some problem here :(.

Yesterday when i checked the engine oil level in my TDCI (ran 7900 km), it was dangerously low (below the last line in engine oil dump stick) and coolant level is also near to minimum. Took it to the service centre (Chennai Ford), they check for any oil leakage possibility and say nothing of sort, topped up both engine oil and coolant. Is this is fine?

Also after came back from SC i got two issues (damn with these SCs). First for sure is by SC, After reaching home when i tried to open the bonnet, the pull lever (below the hood) felt loose and i checked and find it was broken :-( (i somehow openned and find this). Called the SC they asked me to bring the vehicle on Monday.

Another thing which i noticed today morning, is that the DTE started behaving weird and so as the fuel guage, My DTE was at 68~ when i parked my car yesterday and today when i started it shows the same but when i started moving the DTE started lowering down and growing up like a count down timer (between 38~ to 69~, not beyond) And also i can see the fuel guage needle goind up and down (not went up drastically, but lowerred down near E).

I stopped the car and restarted it.. then things were alright. But i noticed the same issue later when i hault. I filled up the tank, but now the fuel guage is not pointing to F, it points below F. (it normally points above F). But now DTE remains same (i rode for another 25~ km , and no such behaviour)
Need to check this tomorrow with SC. Is this is something to do with the engine oil topup? or whether SC messed up anything yesterday?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks