Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2012, 13:06   #7066
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I do not have an answer specific to the Figo but this was something that happened in my Alto during her last days with me. It was due to the window glass channels going loose over time & that was causing squeaks & that air noise at high speeds. I can post a picture of the area if you want from some other car, to give you a better idea of what I am referring to. Let me know if you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I have a weird problem on the driver's side door, as I gain speed above 80kmph i can hear a small wind squishing sounds as if their is a leak or something uneven is breaking the wind flow. But the door beading and the felt lining is perfect and clean and their are no leaks. A.S.S couldnt figure it out either. Any ideas?

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 16th August 2012 at 13:07.
Old 16th August 2012, 20:06   #7067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Hi,

On Monday, the Malfunction Indication lamp on my March 2011 Figo TDCI started glowing. I was going to office, and had to return home after hardly going 2 Km after seeing the lamp glow. I called Ford 24x7 Road Side Assistance, they were prompt and towed away my car from home and took it to the nearest Service station(Harpreet Ford Moti Nagar).
Was your experience something like what is discussed in this thread?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nshifting.html

I had this experience today. Just slipped the clutch and bingo, all the christmas lights and jingles started going on. This is the second time I am having this in 3yrs of ownership. Last was about a 4 months back. Since it was only once I ignored it. I think it is better to get the ECU update.

It is nice to know that those mechanics and SAs in the Ford workshops are aware that you need to wait for all the jingles to stop before starting the car. I have never seen even any SA or mechanic alloted to me doing that in Cauvery Ford, Mangalore. In fact, when I point it to them, they give me dumb looks. Neither do they have any idea that they are supposed to idle for 30secs before zooming off or switching off. When I show them the manual, they give me sheepish looks

Last edited by Deep Blue : 16th August 2012 at 20:24.
Old 17th August 2012, 10:07   #7068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I do not have an answer specific to the Figo but this was something that happened in my Alto during her last days with me. It was due to the window glass channels going loose over time & that was causing squeaks & that air noise at high speeds. I can post a picture of the area if you want from some other car, to give you a better idea of what I am referring to. Let me know if you need it.
picture would surely help. thanks in advance. My car is rather new, about 5 months old so not sure if that would be the cause but doesnt help to have some leads.
Old 17th August 2012, 13:12   #7069
BHPian

Hi All,
I had earlier posted about hissing noise from AC vent and Gear Shift hardness, some of them advised me that the hissing sound is normal and not to worry about. I gave the vehicle for a check up and got the RTB replaced and informed them of the hissing sound, they cleaned the filter and said that should do it. However it recurred again and gear shift was getting harder, took it back to the Alwarpet service centre and was asked to take it to the workshop in Saligrammam. Booked an appointment, they took a test drive and agreed to the gear shift issue and the hiss from the vent. When the car was put on ramp, they found oil leak from the oil pump. Eventually the pump was replaced, evaporator coil had a leak and was replaced, plus some work on gear lever and clutch bleeding was done. Now there is no hissing noise and the shifting is not hard anymore.

Also, i had an additional road noise from the left side tyre, when i took it for alignment the service person at Lal tyres said it had a bulge and replaced it with spare tyre. Now the noise is gone, during the service i brought this to the attention of ford guys, they were not able to identify the bulge. What makes me wonder is for 24k kms one tyre has bulged is this normal? i am planning to mark the bulge area and take it back to the ford guys to see what their response is.

If you are having intermittent hissing noise which occurs often, audible over the music played get it checked with your service centre when you are in warranty.

Scorp
scorpio07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 13:23   #7070
Senior - BHPian

I doubt if a bulge in the tyre will be honoured for warranty claim. It is more to do with the tyre company.

Several cases of sidewall bulges have been reported on this forum, and as far as i know, claims were dishonoured.
Old 17th August 2012, 13:53   #7071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Sorry if I have missed any of your ordeal with the Ford A.S.S., but otherwise why would you need special recommendations on your engine oil and other routine work to be carried out at the 2nd free service? It's a routine 10K service on your car, the A.S.S. should take care of all that. Your focus should be on pointing out any issues that you have noticed with the car and get them to check on them, and leave the routine work to them.

Synthetic engine oil will cost above 1K per litre so that means it would be at least 4K for the oil change alone if you want to go for it, while the semi-synthetic oil that Ford uses will be less than 200/litre. And the service interval of Figo is as follows.
1st service: 2,500 kms or 3 months whichever is earlier.
2nd service: 10,000 kms or 1 year whichever is earlier.
Then every 10K kms or a year whichever is earlier.
This is the service schedule that is mentioned in the manual of my car, no idea if there are any changes now.

So 2nd free service is done, tyre/alignment was skipped as they were from "outside" ( yea i had changed them right at the start ) , but the most surprising thing was the Castrol GTX Magnatec A5 engine oil. I was so much looking forward to putting in synthetic oil. As far as i remember this is full synthetic oil and is being used by Harpreet ford for long time. Is this true and same case with other *** dealers?
Old 17th August 2012, 14:07   #7072
BHPian

I am new to the figo diesel. My fil bought it in jodhpur so I wasn't there to understand the workings explained by the SA. Before starting the car there are a couple of beeps. Do I start the vehicle only after the beeping ends?
Old 17th August 2012, 14:34   #7073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell
I am new to the figo diesel. My fil bought it in jodhpur so I wasn't there to understand the workings explained by the SA. Before starting the car there are a couple of beeps. Do I start the vehicle only after the beeping ends?
Yes, you need to start the engine only after the tell tale lights in display panel and beep sounds gets off. Some of the people in the forum got engine malfunction light glowing when started immediately.

Also, you need to keep the engine idle for 30 seconds after starting to heat up the diesel engine. After 30sec, you need to start driving.
Then after the drive you need to wait for 30 seconds before turning off the engine to shut the turbo. Switching off engine immediately after good speed will reduce the life of turbo.
Old 17th August 2012, 14:42   #7074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
So 2nd free service is done, tyre/alignment was skipped as they were from "outside" ( yea i had changed them right at the start ) , but the most surprising thing was the Castrol GTX Magnatec A5 engine oil. I was so much looking forward to putting in synthetic oil. As far as i remember this is full synthetic oil and is being used by Harpreet ford for long time. Is this true and same case with other *** dealers?
So what were your service charges? How much did the oil costed?
Old 17th August 2012, 16:55   #7075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
So what were your service charges? How much did the oil costed?
I paid around 1800 Rs including taxes, I think the oil was around 250-300 Rs/ltr. everything is down inside car and i am up in my flat so dont have the exact details, but that is what the cost was.

My car was the best looking one at service station
Old 17th August 2012, 17:20   #7076
BHPian

Got my punctured Tyre replaced with a new one from Madhus enterprises today. Also go wheel alignment and balancing done along with nitrogen top up and a puncture repaire kit. The guys there were very friendly and even helped me learn how to use a puncture kit.

Now the car feels smoother to drive which means that the alignment/balancing was a bit off. Earlier the front steering kind of had a dragging feeling.

What was a shocker today is that my dealership metro ford tells me they don't have replacement tyres and I'd have to get it done from outside. Also wasn't able to get an appointment regarding FSĀ today. Hence booked one next week. Do dealers not keep tires for sale? Was taken aback on hearing this. Also a steel rim costs INR 1500 if one buys from the dealership. Can anyone get prices from their dealers? Just wanted to know if its standard ford pricing or independent for the dealers. Also can steel rims be replaced under warranty?

Once all this is sorted out, looks like me and figo can get back to our private driving sessions. Some man and machine alone time is well deserved after this.
Old 17th August 2012, 19:30   #7077
BANNED

Folks... my figo titanium D is due for the 30,000 km service in another 23 kms, any idea what the approx costs would be for this service schedule..thnx
Old 17th August 2012, 19:30   #7078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Got my punctured Tyre replaced with a new one from Madhus enterprises today. Also go wheel alignment and balancing done along with nitrogen top up and a puncture repaire kit.
Hi Parthasarathi

Could you share the break ups, how much he charges for each
Old 17th August 2012, 19:37   #7079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks... my figo titanium D is due for the 30,000 km service in another 23 kms, any idea what the approx costs would be for this service schedule..thnx
4K including balancing and alignment, else minus 800/-. Got mine done about a month back.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 19:42   #7080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig
What was a shocker today is that my dealership metro ford tells me they don't have replacement tyres and I'd have to get it done from outside. Do dealers not keep tires for sale? Was taken aback on hearing this.
Tyres tend to get dry and crack with age and most dealers source them from tyre shops to prevent stagnation of stocks.
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks