Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 07:39   #7036
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Congratulations on your new ride. Nice choice and white looks decent and official and you got good deal on freebies too.
Thanks Dude. Had to bargain hard and I believe this just came in time before the Maruti fiasco else Harpreet Ford might not have relented.

Quote:
You did a road trip so soon! hope you are not reving it too hard during initial run-in period.
I totally went by the Ford SA advise by not going above 100. BTW, today morning, the white Dove has again spread its wings for another Road Trip to Chandigarh.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:48   #7037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
I totally went by the Ford SA advise by not going above 100. BTW, today morning, the white Dove has again spread its wings for another Road Trip to Chandigarh.
Congrats Shantanu on your new purchase. I have the same color and variant . You really are putting your diesel purchase to good use with all the road trips. Enjoy the car and safe driving.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:58   #7038
BHPian

Sharing this for the benefit of Figo owners. Please check the thread below to see if your car is covered in the Ford Field Service Action. Please refer to detail in post #4 for link to ford site to check if your car is covered or not.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-program.html
amit1234singla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 19:45   #7039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was able to click these pictures, but not sure it will help you. The alluminium sheet has about 6-8 bolts to it.
Thanks a lot buddy! Visited to FASS today & it was found that the bolt for one of the nuts that connects this catalytic converter to the exhaust pipe was not there. The FASS replaced the nut & bolt FOC, but I am seriously shocked as to how this could have happened. I am sure there was no stone hit or anything of that sort. I am planning to write an email to Ford seeking an explanation on this & see what they have to say.

Also, I see a lot of rust on the catalytic converter, is that normal? I just rechecked with your car's picture, & it has way lesser rust.

Buddy, once again, special thanks to you for taking the pains in trying to help me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Bought the Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium via Company Lease Route. Got the below deal

Ex-Showroom - 597943
0% Depreciation Insurance - 18330
Regn/Road Tax/etc - 34868
Extended Warranty - FOC
Essential Kit (Mud Flaps/Foot Mats/etc) - FOC

Below Accessories were also part of the package.

Seat Covers
Gear Lock
Reverse Parking Sensors

Paid extra for below

2 yrs/30000 KM Ford TMP - 11500
Set of 2 Pillows - 400
Additional Set of Transparent Foot Mats - 650
Congratulations on the ride mate! And that's a real sweet deal you got there; you must be a good negotiator.

And good to know that you are putting the diesel oil burner to good use, keep piling the miles on it.
Old 7th August 2012, 20:12   #7040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
I see a lot of rust on the catalytic converter, is that normal? I just rechecked with your car's picture, & it has way lesser rust.

Buddy, once again, special thanks to you for taking the pains in trying to help me out.
Welcome! Its not a pain at all to help out each other.
Mine is just one and half month old baby and hence no rust. Other long time owners has to say about rusting over this area.
Old 7th August 2012, 20:19   #7041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Suggest you go to Cauvery Ford itself. Ask your Mangalore dealer to put you in touch with the Cauvery Ford guys in Bangalore so that you have a hassle free experience here.

If not that then Metro Ford is best. Its best to avoid the others due to numerous bad experiences our members have had.
Thank you Parthasarathi i will ask them to suggest a good SA.only problem is the distance from my place in Whitefield to Cauvery Ford service center which is in Magadi road

Quote:

Also, NFS_1980 was using "Fuel log Pro" android app. This app is nice and useful. First you need to download Fuel log and later download Fuel log pro in google play.
A small correction-Actually it is not 'fuel log pro' but 'road trip' for ios!!
Old 7th August 2012, 20:32   #7042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak

Thank you Parthasarathi i will ask them to suggest a good SA.only problem is the distance from my place in Whitefield to Cauvery Ford service center which is in Magadi road
I bought my car from Cauvery Ford in June'12. Since my house is in JC Nagar, I thought of servicing at Metro Ford in Lingarajapuram.

Who is better in terms of good and faithful servicing, Cauvery Ford or Metro Ford ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak
A small correction-Actually it is not 'fuel log pro' but 'road trip' for ios!!
Sorry about that, I thought fuel log for Android.
Old 8th August 2012, 20:53   #7043
BHPian

Hi lionell,
That light is for the rear fog lamp. In India its not mandated to have rear fog lamp so its being removed. For some reason may be for cost cutting by not changing the cluster s/w the tell tale sign still remains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Small Query on the tell tale lights on the dash for the lighting system on the Figo Titanium...

When I rotate the dial clockwise and pull it out, it switches on the headlamps and fogs. Now the respective icons light up on the dashboard for them in green. I noticed that there is one more pull out step in the dial and this lights up a yellow icon. Which is a mirror of the fog light icon. Could someone shed some "light" on what this icon is for.
Old 13th August 2012, 20:37   #7044
BHPian

I was reading about PUC certificate on the vento thread. Figo petrol owners, how many days interval do we need to get the PUC certificate done? My car is 2years old now. So do I need to get the testing done or is it after a specific time period? In Bangalore where does one get it done?

Danke
Old 13th August 2012, 21:49   #7045
BHPian

Need to renew it in 6 months. You can get it done at any petrol pumps with pollution under control checking facility.
english is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 22:01   #7046
BHPian

Just got this by email from a friend. Will check with harpreet ford tomorrow.

Quoting "In one of the biggest ever such exercises in the country, Ford India on Monday said that it has recalled over 1.28 units of its bestselling Figo and Classic cars to rectify problems related to steerin...

Ford recalls over 1.28 lakh cars in India | NDTV.com "
Old 13th August 2012, 22:57   #7047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivmarwaha View Post
Just got this by email from a friend. Will check with harpreet ford tomorrow.

Quoting "In one of the biggest ever such exercises in the country, Ford India on Monday said that it has recalled over 1.28 units of its bestselling Figo and Classic cars to rectify problems related to steerin...

Ford recalls over 1.28 lakh cars in India | NDTV.com "
This is being discussed in the following threadhttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...e-program.html

I guess ford is informing customers in batches so as to avoid a mad rush!!
Old 14th August 2012, 00:49   #7048
BHPian

Gents, going in for 2nd service at 12k , i need recommendations on engine oil + other stuff that i should focus on...i can't trust the A.S.S. anyways
Old 14th August 2012, 06:22   #7049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
Gents, going in for 2nd service at 12k , i need recommendations on engine oil + other stuff that i should focus on...i can't trust the A.S.S. anyways
Here you go, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html. That one will sort out the confusion regarding engine oil :-).

Also just curious, why are you taking your car @12k for 2nd service. It must have done @10k ? I am not sure if Ford A.S.S gonna void your warranty for this reason, those people are waiting to get something to void warranty. Feels likes its their priority job.
limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2012, 12:20   #7050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Here you go, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...neral-oil.html. That one will sort out the confusion regarding engine oil :-).

Also just curious, why are you taking your car @12k for 2nd service. It must have done @10k ? I am not sure if Ford A.S.S gonna void your warranty for this reason, those people are waiting to get something to void warranty. Feels likes its their priority job.

Well let me think, the first one happened at 1200 KM, service interval is 10K Km so it makes it 11200 KM. Ok i will call up these guys to findout when i should come. I am almost 11K km now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks