Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2012, 02:20   #6991
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
This could easily be the diesel quality, especially since this has happened only on a few occasions when you got the car refueled, while all other parameters remained the same.
The TDCi unit is the smoothest when filled at HP bunks. I have found this many times.

Any opinion about the same?
Old 31st July 2012, 18:23   #6992
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure about it since I have been using a BP pump since the beginning & have been quite satisfied with it. I think the underlying issue is the quality of diesel, which may or may not be good at any company's fuel bunk, be it HP or BP or IOC.

The first thing I would do is to change the bunk for getting the diesel. If that still doesn't resolve the problem, I would look at the diesel filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The TDCi unit is the smoothest when filled at HP bunks. I have found this many times.

Old 1st August 2012, 12:02   #6993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post

I think its more to do with fuel quality than the brand of fuel. Generally HP has better quality. I have noticed the same here in Bangalore comparing HP against IOCL.
Old 1st August 2012, 14:55   #6994
BHPian

Hi all,

I have experienced a peculiar thing when i recently did a trip from Blr-Kukke-Dharmasthal and back (Around 660 km in total). I observed was there was some kind of smoke (looked like steam/ water vapor to me) coming from the AC vents when i switched it on. This happened at least 3-4 times during the trip mostly in the ghat section. Was a little puzzled. I opened the bonnet at least a couple of times but did not see anything amiss.

Any idea why this happened? One reason i can think of is that it was raining on the way and in the ghat section and probably the engine would have got heated up. So rain water that may have fallen on the engine would have evaporated and the water vapour would have found its way to AC vents. Could this be the reason?
Old 1st August 2012, 17:28   #6995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_gpb View Post
Hi all,

I have experienced a peculiar thing when i recently did a trip from Blr-Kukke-Dharmasthal and back (Around 660 km in total). I observed was there was some kind of smoke (looked like steam/ water vapor to me) coming from the AC vents when i switched it on. This happened at least 3-4 times during the trip mostly in the ghat section. Was a little puzzled. I opened the bonnet at least a couple of times but did not see anything amiss.

Any idea why this happened? One reason i can think of is that it was raining on the way and in the ghat section and probably the engine would have got heated up. So rain water that may have fallen on the engine would have evaporated and the water vapour would have found its way to AC vents. Could this be the reason?
Not need to worry it is a common thing during rainy season when the moisture in the air is high and the ac is just switched on.

There is no adverse effect on any parts including the engine.

I think this is discussed somewhere in the tbhp forum or this thread itself.

Bottom line: It is normal and there is no need of losing any sleep over this.

Cheers
Old 1st August 2012, 23:39   #6996
BHPian

Thanks figo_mba for your reply. At least there is nothing to worry about. But why does this happen? Any technical reason?
Old 2nd August 2012, 18:35   #6997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks figo_mba for your reply. At least there is nothing to worry about. But why does this happen? Any technical reason?
This happens when i switch off the Ac and on it after some time. Maybe it has got to do with freezing inside the blower unit.
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:26   #6998
Mik
BHPian

Got my new Figo Titanium Diesel in Red.
Thanks to many who cleared some of the doubts I had.
Happy motoring!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford-figo.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2012, 20:40   #6999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

As far as I know & if my memory serves right from what I had learnt in school, water is present in the air around us in a gaseous state. That's why when it touches a cold object, condensation occurs & water droplets are formed.

In an AC also, the same thing happens wherein air is blown on top of the evaporator coil containing the cold refrigerant so that the heat exchange can happen & you can ultimately get cold air out of your vents. However, during this process, condensation occurs & that is why you see water coming out of designated ports in all cars when the air conditioning is on.

Now, the amount of condensation depends on 3 things:

1. The amount of refrigerant --> will be lower if the amount of refrigerant is less than normal in the air conditioning system

2.The relative humidity levels --> more condensation when this value is higher, or, similar condensation at a higher temperature.

3. Ambient air temperature --> greater the temperature, lesser is the relative humidity

So, whenever the ambient air temperature is less (colder) or, the humidity levels are higher, then you would see water vapours coming out of your AC ducts because the air is near its "saturation point" & even a small drop in temperature (caused due to action of evaporator) is enough of a temperature differential to convert the gaseous state of water into liquid/semi-liquid (water vapours) & that's what comes out of your AC.

When you were driving in the ghats, it was raining

I hope this explanation helps, though I might be off at a few places. If so, I am sure someone here would correct me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik
Congrats there on the new ride! It looks terrific in red.

Hey, I just have a little request or rather a favour to ask, could you post a picture of your engine bay. Your car's new & I was hoping I could check something pertaining to the exhaust system.
The area I am talking about can be located right at the front of the car. Once the bonnet is opened, you would see the exhaust manifold which has that aluminium plate covering (heat shield, with a "not to touch" hand sign). Just underneath this manifold is a thick bottle like thing. I need to have a look at it. It would be really great if you would be able to post a picture of it, PLEASE!

Drive safe!

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 2nd August 2012 at 20:55.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:51   #7000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
Here is mine! Only going down as i stopped being gentle too
Hi i just want to know which app is this. This is ios right?

@MiK congratulations on your new ride!!did you get any offers at the time of purchase?

Last edited by carfreak : 2nd August 2012 at 20:52.
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:57   #7001
BHPian

Just a small review. Hope this isnt OT.

Finally reunited with my green apple after a fortnight and boy, was she brilliant to drive. Went out for a short 10km trip within the city and i fell in love again within the first two minutes.

The maneuverability of a figo is just amazing. The ability to squeeze through the tightest spaces is just like a cat. When a cat's whisker passes through any space it means that its entire body can pass through that. The figo is just like a cat. Once the front bumper passes through you know you can pass through easily without a scratch.

It allows me to maneuver in heavy traffic just as easily as on a bike. Underpowered petrol? Never felt that. Drove the ANHC for 15 days and getting back to figo has me falling head over heels in love again.

And the ability to feel what each wheel is passing through, which patch of road your right wheel is on or the front left wheel, wow its just like an extension of your body.

The steering response is so amazing, so is the free revving engine. And so is the horn.

Thank you Ford for making an amazing driving machine. And those who dont own a figo yet, test drive it. And thou shall know what thou hast been missing all this while.

Im in love all over again
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:59   #7002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik
Thanks to many who cleared some of the doubts I had.
Happy motoring!
Congrats !!! Nice colour.
How is Teflon coat and did they do 3M antirust ? I think you had mentioned that you are getting free insurance from dealer.
When I bought Figo last month, I noticed that if I slowdown on a road hump in second gear, then if I press accelarator, the car takes 2-3 seconds to gain moment. Now after 1000 kms I do not feel the same. Do you face the same ?
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carfreak
Hi i just want to know which app is this. This is ios right?

@MiK congratulations on your new ride!!did you get any offers at the time of purchase?
NFS_1980 has "fuel log Pro" and it is android. I have "My Cars" and "Fuel Log Pro" in Android and Fuel log is better.
Mik in his earlier post had said he got basic kit, teflon, antirust and insurance.

Last edited by HighOctane : 2nd August 2012 at 21:27.
Old 2nd August 2012, 22:26   #7003
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Congrats there on the new ride! It looks terrific in red.

Hey, I just have a little request or rather a favour to ask, could you post a picture of your engine bay. Your car's new & I was hoping I could check something pertaining to the exhaust system.
The area I am talking about can be located right at the front of the car. Once the bonnet is opened, you would see the exhaust manifold which has that aluminium plate covering (heat shield, with a "not to touch" hand sign). Just underneath this manifold is a thick bottle like thing. I need to have a look at it. It would be really great if you would be able to post a picture of it, PLEASE!

Drive safe!
Thanks! I will try to take the picture in the weekend and mail or post the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
The only offers i got on the Diesel were
1. The basic accessory kit
2. 5.3k cash discount
3. Third year warranty worth 4.5k

Nothing else! Though i didn't negotiate too much. It was a psychological thing. It was a straight shootout between the punto 90hp sports and the figo titanium. After multiple tests, the VFM tag of the figo won and being a lakh down on the punto sports -- It felt cheap actually

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Congrats !!! Nice colour.
How is Teflon coat and did they do 3M antirust ? I think you had mentioned that you are getting free insurance from dealer.
When I bought Figo last month, I noticed that if I slowdown on a road hump in second gear, then if I press accelarator, the car takes 2-3 seconds to gain moment. Now after 1000 kms I do not feel the same. Do you face the same ?
Cheers

NFS_1980 has "fuel log Pro" and it is android. I have "My Cars" and "Fuel Log Pro" in Android and Fuel log is better.
Mik in his earlier post had said he got basic kit, teflon, antirust and insurance.
The teflon coat is decent and yes, its 3M. The free insurance was for the petrol, not for the diesel which i eventually purchased.
Yes, i did notice the same slow down thingie. I attributed it to the turbo lag!

Have driven 100km today after getting the delivery at 4 PM- 70km on the highway and 30km on city roads. The dealership experience has been pretty good so far. The ride and handling -- even better.
After taking a particular turn at a pretty high speed i squealed like a child.
Unlearning the maruti habits has been a journey by itself. Flash rain had me fumbling with the controls quite a lot. I still don't know how to go to high beam
It will be hard to wipe the silly grin on my face for the next few days.
Old 2nd August 2012, 22:32   #7004
BHPian

Why do I see some Titanium badge Figos without alloy wheels?
Old 2nd August 2012, 22:47   #7005
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvssudheer View Post
Why do I see some Titanium badge Figos without alloy wheels?
Because the earlier Titanium models came without alloys and foglamps. They were introduced only in late 2011 onwards.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks