Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 10:29   #6976
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I have had my petrol Figo for over 2 years/16K kms. Checked mileage recently - I got 13kmpl out of a tankful, and this included:
- 250km highway driving, 80-100kmph, 100% A/C, one blast at 140kmph
- 300km city driving with 50% A/C, couple of Italian tune-ups.
I feel I have to get my car properly tuned this time. I am sure it can go up by a couple of kms. Is there anything specific you may want to share when servicing is done which needs to be told to the SA?
Old 27th July 2012, 11:05   #6977
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I feel I have to get my car properly tuned this time. I am sure it can go up by a couple of kms. Is there anything specific you may want to share when servicing is done which needs to be told to the SA?
11kmpl in the city is actually quite OK for the petrol Figo being run in Bangalore. It is your highway mileage of 13kmpl that seems to be low. I have got 17kmpl while driving to Udupi/Mangalore/Mysore. Also, I use System-G regularly.

I have found that mileage in the Figo varies hugely with driving style and traffic conditions. More variance than the Jap (Honda/Suzuki) engines. Suggest you first do a controlled highway run and check mileage using tankful-to-tankful method, and then speak to the SA.

Nothing specific to tell SA, except the usual suspects that kill mileage - binding brakes, spark plugs, filters, ECU firmware ... I am not that conversant with technical aspects, maybe someone else can please comment?
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 11:15   #6978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha

11kmpl in the city is actually quite OK for the petrol Figo being run in Bangalore. It is your highway mileage of 13kmpl that seems to be low. I have got 17kmpl while driving to Udupi/Mangalore/Mysore. Also, I use System-G regularly.

I have found that mileage in the Figo varies hugely with driving style and traffic conditions. More variance than the Jap (Honda/Suzuki) engines. Suggest you first do a controlled highway run and check mileage using tankful-to-tankful method, and then speak to the SA.

Nothing specific to tell SA, except the usual suspects that kill mileage - binding brakes, spark plugs, filters, ECU firmware ... I am not that conversant with technical aspects, maybe someone else can please comment?
Sir what is this System G?

And finally good to see others getting similar mileage. Highway drives if sedate gives great mileage. One more way to improve mileage would be to keep the revs between 2 to 2.5k rpm as I had previously suggested.

Btw what engine oil are you using?

Thanks.
Old 27th July 2012, 11:37   #6979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Sir what is this System G?

And finally good to see others getting similar mileage. Highway drives if sedate gives great mileage. One more way to improve mileage would be to keep the revs between 2 to 2.5k rpm as I had previously suggested.

Btw what engine oil are you using?

Thanks.
If I am not mistaken System G is a fuel additive for cars both with fuel injectors and with carburetors. Champs you can add more.
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 11:50   #6980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra

If I am not mistaken System G is a fuel additive for cars both with fuel injectors and with carburetors. Champs you can add more.
Sir any idea about the pricing and availability of this additive? Is it the same as the ones they put in scooters at petrol pumps? Doesnt premium fuel contain same additive?

Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 12:35   #6981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Sir any idea about the pricing and availability of this additive? Is it the same as the ones they put in scooters at petrol pumps? Doesnt premium fuel contain same additive?

Thanks
Check the thread below, it is discussed here. I guess all ford dealers will be having it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...thread-30.html
Old 27th July 2012, 13:10   #6982
Senior - BHPian

@MorePower: How is the condition of your tyres? Sometimes uneven tyre wear can cause the sensation you describe.
Once I had given my 2008 NHC for service at Capital Honda (21K km). Following the service I too felt that the steering felt disconnected. While previously, the car was stablee even at 160 kmph, now even at 120 kmph the car would buck like a horse. I took it back to them and was shown the uneven wera in the tyres. On questioning about the sudden appearence of the problem only after service, they had no convincing answer. I suspect that the tyres had been exchanged, as the alloys had scratches on them which was never there previously. However after changing the tyres at 35K km to Michelin XM1+ and running them in, I was able to drive the car as I used to.
Hope this helps.
BTW, I always mark my tyres before giving them for service now.
Old 27th July 2012, 18:13   #6983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
What I would probably try again is to coerce the SC manager or company technicians to drive a new Figo, could one of their test-drive cars. But it still depends on the moral integrity & honesty of the person testing your car.

Good luck & drive safe.
I don't think spending anymore time with Shreeji Ford is worth it. Think I will try Wasan Ford, one of the oldest dealers in Mumbai. Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
@MorePower - Would suggest you to visit one of the reputed wheel balancing & alignment centers listed here Mumbai - Team-BHP

This seems the best bet.

Thanks
Infact got the alignment and balancing done from Premji tyres, one of the places mentioned in the list. The gentleman who runs the place seemed knowledgeable. Explained what was wrong with the alignment by going through the readings, etc. But still didn't help my cause. Thanks for the list anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@MorePower: How is the condition of your tyres? Sometimes uneven tyre wear can cause the sensation you describe.

However after changing the tyres at 35K km to Michelin XM1+ and running them in, I was able to drive the car as I used to.
Hope this helps.
BTW, I always mark my tyres before giving them for service now.
My car has only done 2940 km. Have checked the tyres and they seem fine. No sign of uneven wear anywhere. The jolt that the car got while going through that patch was severe. Is it possible that something's come loose in the steering assembly?
Old 28th July 2012, 11:15   #6984
Senior - BHPian

any specific tyre which was involved in the jolt? If it was one of the front wheels, check the tyre after completely removing it from the rim.
Old 28th July 2012, 15:14   #6985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower
I don't think spending anymore time with Shreeji Ford is worth it. Think I will try Wasan Ford, one of the oldest dealers in Mumbai. Fingers crossed!
I have had a very good experience with wasan Ford so far. I have found them to be quite knowledgeable in terms of understanding problems. (One car wash went horribly wrong and screwed up some sensors, which I had written about earlier).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2698790

Please try them out and update here. PM me if you need contact details.

Last edited by kart19 : 28th July 2012 at 15:15.
Old 29th July 2012, 10:50   #6986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
any specific tyre which was involved in the jolt? If it was one of the front wheels, check the tyre after completely removing it from the rim.
Well, all 4 wheels went over it. More than a being pothole, it was a massive crater. Essentially, metallic edges of a massive manhole were jutting out as the tar around it had washed away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
I have had a very good experience with wasan Ford so far. I have found them to be quite knowledgeable in terms of understanding problems. (One car wash went horribly wrong and screwed up some sensors, which I had written about earlier).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2698790

Please try them out and update here. PM me if you need contact details.
Sadly, still a 'newbie' in the Team BHP hierarchy, so can't PM. Would love to know if there is someone in particular who I could speak to.
Old 30th July 2012, 23:34   #6987
Senior - BHPian

I drive a 2011 fiesta done 14k km and the tdci mill and sometimes the engine sounds like a tractor with more noise entering the cabin than usual.

Has this got to do with fuel quality or do i have some other issue here?

PS:Asking this here, because i couldn't find any fiesta tdci thread.
Old 30th July 2012, 23:43   #6988
Senior - BHPian

Do you think that this happens in particular situations? If yes, could you share any such observations, such as the time of the day, traffic conditions etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I drive a 2011 fiesta done 14k km and the tdci mill and sometimes the engine sounds like a tractor with more noise entering the cabin than usual.

Has this got to do with fuel quality or do i have some other issue here?

PS:Asking this here, because i couldn't find any fiesta tdci thread.
Old 30th July 2012, 23:58   #6989
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Do you think that this happens in particular situations? If yes, could you share any such observations, such as the time of the day, traffic conditions etc etc.
This happened yesterday. I filled up at Advaith, BTM for Rs.1500 at a DTE of 90 km.

A few months back when i filled at IOC bunk, this excessive sound came.

Although the car is driven mostly on the highways/sub-urban roads, this happens in crawling traffic at <30 kmph speeds.
Old 31st July 2012, 01:59   #6990
Senior - BHPian

This could easily be the diesel quality, especially since this has happened only on a few occasions when you got the car refueled, while all other parameters remained the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
This happened yesterday. I filled up at Advaith, BTM for Rs.1500 at a DTE of 90 km.

A few months back when i filled at IOC bunk, this excessive sound came.

Although the car is driven mostly on the highways/sub-urban roads, this happens in crawling traffic at <30 kmph speeds.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks