Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:16   #6946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

Which car app is this? Is this for android? Need to try this. My android car app "My cars" is crap and need better application.
This is called Fuel Log (pro) and yes its for android. I have been using this for a while now and its a keeper
kart19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 23:09   #6947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower
TDed a Figo that belongs to someone in my building. And immediately I could feel the difference. To be doubly sure got the gentleman to drive my car and he too commented that the steering felt limp. Problem is the service centre guys don't think anything is wrong. Unless they accept there is a problem, there can't be a solution to this.
Request you to update if your car's steering got rectified by Ford A.S.S. If not, did you complain Ford India ? Did they respond you?
Old 24th July 2012, 00:07   #6948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19

I agree with you. Just to give an idea, here's a screenshot of my recent fill ups. Same car, different conditions. Short trips make it go as low as 12ish. You can see the condition , if any, below each fill up.
Here is mine! Only going down as i stopped being gentle too
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image3753144413.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image3799416456.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image1255175476.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image1866378702.jpg  

Old 24th July 2012, 13:28   #6949
Senior - BHPian

Re: store of defective lemon continues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
The Car feels life less after doing my 30k service. I mean I have to throttle the accelerator like anything to make it reach towards the optimal RPMs, thus also causing fuel efficiency loss in the tunes of 30-40%.
Is the turbo charger even working on your car? Sure sounds like it has blown. When you mash the throttle, is there any indication at all of the turbo charger being active? I know that the turbo charger effect is very linear on the Figo but it can be felt when you reach a certain rpm.
Old 24th July 2012, 19:08   #6950
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

The Ford figo TDCi should be driven as a diesel car. You start the car, let it idle for a couple of minutes, drive keeping the RPM b/w 2000-3000, minimum trip distance of 20 km, idle for couple of minutes before switching off. It cannot be driven like a petrol car.
The switching off at traffic signals, trips to the local super market, start and zoom off, etc cannot be practiced and will give very low fuel efficiency, not to mention increased wear.
Best is to remember how the taxi drivers of old used to drive their ambys. Modern taxi drivers don't give a damn as it is profitable anyway they abuse the car.
I get a FE of 16-17 in Chennai city and used to get 22-24 when I was in Tirunelveli.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 11:46   #6951
BHPian

hello seniors !!

My parents took delivery of a 1.2 figo zxi a couple of days back. I had already given them the T-Bhp PDI checklist so everything went on good. But what i was told was that the spare key doesn't have the lock/release/ boot controls on it.
So in the case of the original being damaged what could be a possible solution ?

Can't wait to drive it around on the weekend and post my experiences !!!!!!!
Old 25th July 2012, 11:57   #6952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalsyed
hello seniors !!

My parents took delivery of a 1.2 figo zxi a couple of days back. I had already given them the T-Bhp PDI checklist so everything went on good. But what i was told was that the spare key doesn't have the lock/release/ boot controls on it.
So in the case of the original being damaged what could be a possible solution ?

Use the boot release key on the dashboard Thats the only solution. Btw the keys are pretty durable. Mine has fallen quite a few times and still manages to work.
Waiting for your ownership thread then. Whats the color you bought?
Old 25th July 2012, 12:45   #6953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilalsyed View Post
hello seniors !!

Welcome to the family. Trust me they will enjoy every bit of the car. As far as the key is concerned, mine is 2.5years now and the key battery still works! If you loose it a new one apparently costs 2.5 to 3k so take care.
Old 25th July 2012, 13:07   #6954
BHPian

Quote:
hello seniors !!
But what i was told was that the spare key doesn't have the lock/release/ boot controls on it.
In case if you loose the key with buttons, you can still use spare key which does not have remote buttons. You will get replacement from the company for new keys with buttons along with new codes for engine immobiliser, so that if anybody gets your lost keys, they cannot start the engine. It is always better to note down the key number which is mentioned on the plastic tag when you received your new car.
Old 25th July 2012, 14:27   #6955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Use the boot release key on the dashboard Thats the only solution.
Waiting for your ownership thread then. Whats the color you bought?
haha and i actually like that feature ! no bending down ! wish it were a push button start

We got it in moondust silver. Looks great ! Will love to share the experience. Car hasn't been registered yet. the showroom ppl asked us to produce a NSC worth 2K for the registration. Its the first time I'm hearing such a thing. any idea ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Welcome to the family. Trust me they will enjoy every bit of the car. As far as the key is concerned, mine is 2.5years now and the key battery still works! If you loose it a new one apparently costs 2.5 to 3k so take care.
Thank You !! I have driven my friend's and it was awesome !! Will ask my mom to take care. She is gonna be the one driving more. The battery cant be replaced ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
In case if you loose the key with buttons, you can still use spare key which does not have remote buttons. You will get replacement from the company for new keys with buttons along with new codes for engine immobiliser, so that if anybody gets your lost keys, they cannot start the engine. It is always better to note down the key number which is mentioned on the plastic tag when you received your new car.
That is some good news there !! new immobiliser codes !! is it only ford or do other manufacturers also have this facility ?
Old 25th July 2012, 14:52   #6956
BHPian

Quote:
haha and i actually like that feature ! no bending down ! wish it were a push button start

We got it in moondust silver. Looks great ! Will love to share the experience. Car hasn't been registered yet. the showroom ppl asked us to produce a NSC worth 2K for the registration. Its the first time I'm hearing such a thing. any idea ?
Do you mean NSC or NOC? I mean are you buying the car in one state and registering in another? Thats the only thing that comes to my mind. I however had nothing as such in terms of charges and all that.

Enjoy your drive!!
Old 25th July 2012, 15:44   #6957
BHPian

Quote:
The battery cant be replaced ?

That is some good news there !! new immobiliser codes !! is it only ford or do other manufacturers also have this facility ?
Of course, the baterry can be changed. Its a button cell inside the key.

I do not know about other cars but Scorpio has. Figo has engine immobiliser a theft protection system. When you insert the key, the receiver reads codes and if matches, starts the engine. May be the keys has a chip which stores code. As soon as you remove the key, the engine immobilers arms itself. You can see a red indicator repeatedly illuminates in the dash board when its armed.

About 15-16 years back I had noticed RTO asking to show Rs.100 NSC to register vehicles. Recently hav'nt seen this. This is to encourage people to save and invest in Government Schemes.

Last edited by HighOctane : 25th July 2012 at 15:48.
Old 25th July 2012, 17:29   #6958
BHPian

Quote:
I do not know about other cars but Scorpio has. Figo has engine immobiliser a theft protection system.

About 15-16 years back I had noticed RTO asking to show Rs.100 NSC to register vehicles. Recently hav'nt seen this. This is to encourage people to save and invest in Government Schemes.
I was asking if other manufacturers also give new set of keys with new immobiliser codes ?? it would be a nice tip for my relatives who own a wagon R and have lost one key.

now the Lucknow RTO is asking for a NSC worth 2K !! not much of a rise in 15 years though
Old 25th July 2012, 17:41   #6959
BHPian

Quote:
Oh no this was not to get people to save or anything. More as a proof that you are at a place and have savings there. Supplement your address proof. Mostly for people who are from different place but work in Bangalore. Atleast this is what the guy who bought the NSC and the dealer guy told me.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 08:44   #6960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Oh no this was not to get people to save or anything. More as a proof that you are at a place and have savings there. Supplement your address proof. Mostly for people who are from different place but work in Bangalore. Atleast this is what the guy who bought the NSC and the dealer guy told me.
Maybe not. If my memory serves me correctly, I was asked to produce the Rs.100 NSC on four occasions:
1. 1991 - Getting drivers license
2. 1992 - Adding 2-wheeler class onto my drivers license
3. 1992 - Registering my moped
4. 1997 - Registering my Kinetic Honda
I was specifically instructed by the RTO to buy it fresh, old one would not do. At that time, there was no documentation/proofs required to buy the NSC - you could simply walk into the post office and buy it for cash.

I have lived in Bangalore since 1979; I was 6 years old then!
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks