Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2012, 11:10   #6931
Mik
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Some cars can be lemons for sure. But, how the manufacturer deals with the situation is what sets it apart. In this case, apathy on part of the dealer/officials is alarming. If Ford doesn't respond/act on this problem then we know that we have another Skoda like management higher up who couldn't care less since the cars are selling well enough.
Old 21st July 2012, 12:01   #6932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik
Some cars can be lemons for sure. But, how the manufacturer deals with the situation is what sets it apart. In this case, apathy on part of the dealer/officials is alarming. If Ford doesn't respond/act on this problem then we know that we have another Skoda like management higher up who couldn't care less since the cars are selling well enough.
Does Maruti resolve issues if the car is a lemon or the owner has to continue with the lemon till he wishes to sell it? Theres a thread of Arias by bhpian indian21r IIRC and even his car has also gone through the same and he was stuck with the car. The problem is here in India we dont get to sue companies like in the US where we may get punitive damages and many other things if the manufacturer is found to be guilty.

Here in India they seem to go scot free whereas common man is made to suffer. The answer is there for all to see. Dealerships and manufactures of various cars behave not too well with the customer and this is because they know in India if we have some politcal backing we can crush the common man.

As long as this is the condition of our country, car makers will sell lemons instead of cars and get away without compensating the person for all the harassment and tension he undergoes which may result in increased healthcare bills and reduced life expectancy etc. (Yes im reading John Grisham)
Old 21st July 2012, 13:17   #6933
BHPian

Update !! 21/07/12 PART 1

Back again at Bhavna Ford. Regional manager here to do retest.

Guys can u please update me with the standard procedures one has to follow while doing a fuel efficiency test please.

Ford People are putting wierd pretest conditions that I serisouly doubt whether are useful or not?

Eg: today the car wud be run at speed between 50-70kmph at d expressway only..

If u get any such thing from ford itself, it will be good. I am on mobile gprs, hence asking you to all to back me up with some links from ford or other companies. Please

Regards
Old 21st July 2012, 13:33   #6934
Senior - BHPian

@Dinesh Have you checked your cars alignment. It could just be one probability. I have experienced low mileage with a wrong alignment. But it was still around the 12-13km/l mark not 8-9!!!
Old 21st July 2012, 18:19   #6935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra
Update !! 21/07/12 PART 1

Back again at Bhavna Ford. Regional manager here to do retest .
Regards
Could there be a faulty handbrake ?
Old 21st July 2012, 18:56   #6936
Senior - BHPian

I'm not sure you can label a car as a lemon for poor fuel efficiency. If there was a problem attributable to negligence or causing hurt, then perhaps. But company claimed figures are guidelines only. BTW is your car petrol or diesel?
You cannot claim a replacement car. What you could do is request them to run an OBD scan and perhaps test compression to make sure that there isn't a problem in the engine block. Of course after ruling out the hand brake and other issues.
Old 21st July 2012, 18:57   #6937
BHPian

The tall mileage claims on figo seems like wrong atleast to me. I recently bought an 18month old Figo diesel EXi which covered almost 40k kms having all service history. The vehicle feels like new despite the kms clocked. But when it comes to mileage on highways i got a maximum of 16km/l whereas in bangalore city drive i am getting only 11.5-12km/litre. Went to Metro Ford Lingarajpuram to find out what's wrong. They said they need to check ECM and need to update software. they updated the software and informed me i had an old version in my car resulting in poor fuel efficiency. when i went to the showroom the DTE was showing 164 kms but when i got it back it was showing 182kms. I drove slowly back to my office it went up even further to 184 after travelling for nearly 3-4kms. Now later i started feeling the mileage started coming down again as DTE started showing less numbers even after 500 meters. So i feel if others are getting 16-18 mileage on figo TDCI , guys there are people who are getting much less mileage even after driving at reasonable speeds and at lower rpms.
Old 21st July 2012, 19:44   #6938
BHPian

Hi All,

Any anyone guide me in getting dual-projector lens lights for my ff in NCR reliable but cheap ). If anyone has it already, some pics will be good.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:30   #6939
BHPian

My figo diesel with 25K on Odo, the car is unable to reach speed more than 140, what could be reason?
i used to hit 160 easily without any issue before but reaching 140 seems to be difficult now.
please guide me what all needs to be verified?

-AM
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:44   #6940
BHPian

I regularly get around 17-18kmpl with 100% driving in city (with dreaded road conditions/no traffic jams/no red lights and 90% AC on) in my FF Diesel EXI.

I am not a sedate driver and slow down only when the roads are real bad. Usually shift around 2200 Rpm. The car is about two year old and has done 15k kms and seen two services. Apart from rattling/squeaking from the rear doors, there's nothing much to complaint!
Old 22nd July 2012, 20:02   #6941
BHPian

The mileage i am getting from my Fido TDCi is very consistent so far. I cover 65 KM of distance every day to my office (back and forth). The road is good but heavy traffic for 50% of the distance. The average time of travel for that 65KM is 2 and half hours. I am getting 16.5 to 17.5 kmpl mileage with 100% AC. I always measure using full tank method and using Bharath Petroleum COCO fuel station in Maraimalai Nagar Chennai. Using nitrogen with 32 psi and it comes down to 30 psi by three months (Tyre Michelin XM1+ 185/65R14).

I have completed my 20K service last Friday and need to observe if any change after the service.
Old 23rd July 2012, 11:46   #6942
BHPian

Mileage is based on MANY factors like Driving style (someone shifts gear after reaching 2200 RPM, some shift early at 1800 RPM), Road condition, Traffic condition, Fuel quality, Vehicle condition, Tyre condition, etc, etc..

People who had their daily drives longer, will get good mileage for sure. Its true for any car whether its TDCI/DDIS/or any xxDxx.
But for people like me, who drives shorter duration in bad pot holed roads with bumper to bumper traffic and shift-ing at 1600-1800 RPM (I shifted from Petrol, i had hard time to change to high RPM-shifting style) will definetly end up getting poor mileage.

I'am getting 12 kmpl inside city with the above condition. I'am happy with this.

My previous Alto 800 LXI gave me only 10 kmpl, Alto was known for its high mileage but my driving condition doesn't favour mileage. Its true for any car.

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 23rd July 2012 at 11:48.
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:15   #6943
Senior - BHPian

The Ford TDCi DRINKS DOWN fuel on short runs. The longer you run on each start stop, the higher the F.E figures you get is my experience. I have managed to get figures ranging from 11kmpl to 22kmpl
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:45   #6944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT
Mileage is based on MANY factors like Driving style (someone shifts gear after reaching 2200 RPM, some shift early at 1800 RPM), Road condition, Traffic condition, Fuel quality, Vehicle condition, Tyre condition, etc, etc..

People who had their daily drives longer, will get good mileage for sure. Its true for any car whether its TDCI/DDIS/or any xxDxx.
But for people like me, who drives shorter duration in bad pot holed roads with bumper to bumper traffic and shift-ing at 1600-1800 RPM (I shifted from Petrol, i had hard time to change to high RPM-shifting style) will definetly end up getting poor mileage.

I'am getting 12 kmpl inside city with the above condition. I'am happy with this.

My previous Alto 800 LXI gave me only 10 kmpl, Alto was known for its high mileage but my driving condition doesn't favour mileage. Its true for any car.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120723_164013.png
Views: 1854
Size:  56.8 KB

I agree with you. Just to give an idea, here's a screenshot of my recent fill ups. Same car, different conditions. Short trips make it go as low as 12ish. You can see the condition , if any, below each fill up.
kart19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:09   #6945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19

I agree with you. Just to give an idea, here's a screenshot of my recent fill ups. Same car, different conditions. Short trips make it go as low as 12ish. You can see the condition , if any, below each fill up.
Which car app is this? Is this for android? Need to try this. My android car app "My cars" is crap and need better application.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks