Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 16:58   #6901
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hello All,

I too own a figo diesel i bought last February. It has done around 9K now with a decent average of 17-18 km/l. I had moved to yoko's 195 on day one and lost around 2 km/l and thats acceptable to me. I plan to take it to Leh next month so will go for second service much before the 12K mark.

The only concern i had was around braking, it didnt had that teeths, but now i am used to it though i still want to have more confidence in its braking.

Its also powered by race dynamics DieselTRONIC.

Any suggestions overall ?

Old 17th July 2012, 20:14   #6902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980
Hello All,
I had moved to yoko's 195 on day one and lost around 2 km/l and thats acceptable to me.
Switching to 195 profile will void the warranty on suspension. How did you find the handling with 195mm tyres.

Quote:
The only concern i had was around braking, it didnt had that teeths, but now i am used to it though i still want to have more confidence in its braking.
Yokohamas are good in braking and handling. But I donot understand why you felt stock tyres were better.

Quote:
Its also powered by race dynamics DieselTRONIC.
How is the feel after retuning ECU and how much did it cost ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by "NFS_1980
Any suggestions overall ?
Sorry I just bought Figo
Old 17th July 2012, 22:05   #6903
Senior - BHPian

Re: store of defective lemon continues...

Dinesh, I am really sorry to hear about your car & the experiences that you are having to bear at the hands of Ford's SCs.

I have been following up your thread pretty regularly & that was the motivation behind my first ever email to Ford India. In fact, we even spoke on the phone once when I had told you about the same (if you remember!).

The most logical/practical solution to this problem is to sell off the car. You will still get a decent price for it & then you can probably put in a little more money to get yourself a new ride.

The second route is to write an email to all divisions of Ford (WorldWide) & also to all their competitors in India & abroad. The email should not defame them but objectively list out the facts & the corresponding heartburn. I am betting that it would possibly get a larger audience involved & the fear of escalation to higher authorities may just get the desired response elicited by the respective people here in India.

That's all I can say at this juncture, but please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
kindly check here to know why i call my FIGO a lemon !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 17th July 2012 at 22:13.
Old 18th July 2012, 00:43   #6904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane

Switching to 195 profile will void the warranty on suspension. How did you find the handling with 195mm tyres.

Yokohamas are good in braking and handling. But I donot understand why you felt stock tyres were better.

How is the feel after retuning ECU and how much did it cost ?
Yea, your correct in suspension warranty but i dod that tradeoff for more comfort!

Either i was being gentle on my new car or it was upsizing, i wasn't getting my tyres to scream or jam while braking hard, it was heart breaking to see Ford road-tester's And Harsh from Performancemod, put there all weight on breaks to prove that nothings wrong and i just got to adapt, except once i still cant get tyres to lock n scream, car stops like its with ABS

I did try another figo with stock tyres which wasn't to different so i am not sure, guess i am ok now, i may go for brake upgrades as and when a god option is available.

Handling is top quality as mine as Es100 former S class from yoko's

20K is all i can say, i didn't get FE benefits but punch in Power modes is noticeable and drives my friend go all blushing! Where as i am kind of no-to-show-excited-face-types!!

Hope it helps.
NFS_1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 10:22   #6905
Team-BHP Support

15,000kms up-date

15,000kms up-date.

I don't have a dedicated ownership thread and hence up-date here

My Figo Titanium has done 15,000kms in some 18 months. Yes, being a diesel, the running is a lot less, but my parameters are quite opposite. For few days, it sits idle, for few others, it does something like 600kms a week.

The Car has been a joy. No niggle, issue to report as yet. Makes me smile everytime I hop from any other Car to this for its impeccable on-road behavior. I have got so much used to this, that I dread driving vehicles with high GC.

The Car is bone-stock, save for alloy wheels from Neo. I have taken corners at fairly decent clip and they are yet to squeal (barring an occasion or two)

I am getting 16.5 - 17kmpl on an average basis, using the tank-ful to tank-ful method.

Contrary to what most seem to say, I find Figo's anemic 8 valve, age-old engine not to be lacking as far as horses go. It picks speed fast and will keep those multi-jets in sight if need be.

Squeaks come on their own and mostly disappear on their own.

Looking for another 5,000kms so that I can up-date accordingly A fun companion.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 11:34   #6906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel
15,000kms up-date.
The Car is bone-stock, save for alloy wheels from Neo. I have taken corners at fairly decent clip and they are yet to squeal (barring an occasion or two).
Did you change your stock tyres as well? If so which one?
I got MRF ZV 2K as stock and planning to go for Yoko A drives 175/65/14 or ES 100.
Does ES100 come with 175 profile? I donot want to upgrade 185 as it voids suspension warranty.
Old 18th July 2012, 14:59   #6907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
A day later than promised.
But here it its the rusted part of the door. Yeah it is true that many of the cars are facing rust issue now. this happens since the anti rust coating is not proper. Pure luck and really bad luck if such a car ends up with you.... :(
Special thanks to figo_mba and other forum members on the information on Figo side door rusting. It happened to my car within the first year and the service engineed had back then said he cant do anything as its not under warranty. Only after going through the posts in this forum, I could escalate the matter to Ford authorities and last week got painiting done on both back doors. Now my car is as good as new.

Cheers friends!!Thanks again..
Navkant
Old 18th July 2012, 15:00   #6908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Did you change your stock tyres as well? If so which one?
I got MRF ZV 2K as stock and planning to go for Yoko A drives 175/65/14 or ES 100.
Does ES100 come with 175 profile? I donot want to upgrade 185 as it voids suspension warranty.
ES100 were discontinued in mid 2011 thus making way for S drives. You can visit there website to find the available combinations in different models.

Yokohama

One thing about my ES100 is that they suit more for straight line then cornering...if you haven't seen them, you can visit my FB album using the following public link

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=7112b67d9d

Mods -> I hope FB public link is allowed?
Old 19th July 2012, 01:12   #6909
BHPian

Hello friends
My Figo Zxi petrol is due for its 3rd service in sometime. So wanted to know how much the costs can be for 3rd service? Are the labor charges extremely high or reasonable enough? If someone can post a detailed list of the work done in 3rd service it would certainly help a lot so that i dont get duped by the ASC guys.

Thanks.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 19th July 2012 at 01:13.
Old 19th July 2012, 01:48   #6910
BHPian

UPDATE !! Ford Figo : LEMON strikes again //\\ Fuel Consumption goes for a Toss.

I was called today by Team Bhavna FORD to inform about my car being ready for delivery with all issues sorted with regards to many of the earlier posted concerns. Also they informed me of being conducting a joint mileage test/extraction drive with me onboard on stock 175/65/14 section tires... (mine now have the 195/60/14)

Kindly go through the story here...

Kindly note that from the problems mentioned in the earlier post, none of them are rectified as of now when I had gone to check, collect and also test my car with Bhavna Ford`s Team.

1: The ABS light on the instrument cluster (red one) which functions or glows only when ABS is active and is being used, still remains off

2: The Hazard lights still are not able to sense an emergency braking situation when tested at the speeds of more than 90 kmph to halt

3: The car still feels like it has lost it power generating capacity. Feels pale and lot slower from how it used to feel before

Fuel Mileage Test: (The Main EPISODE of my life as a Ford Customer)

Taking into consideration my views, reviews and complaints with regards to fuel consumption raising to alarming levels in my Ford Figo, a joint Test Drive for Mileage Test & Extraction (I have a reason to call it as extraction) was carried under supervision of Ford Service Head. Myself and one of the Bhavna Ford`s SA (umesh) were the only ones allowed to be a part of this joint mileage test/extraction drive.

The Drive followed a certain prerequisites. They are as follows:

Quote:
  • Only 2 members allowed in the car including the driver
  • No luggage or any parcels
  • All tires were changed to stock 175/65/R14 section tires that come with Ford Figo by factory
  • 30psi across all the tires
  • all injectors, air filters, air dam, ac etc checked and verified to work as expected
  • To be tested on Mumbai-Pune ExpressWay towards & return (no traffic at all and pleasant roads)
  • Fuel filled to Max capacity (from my own pockets)
  • Trip Meter set to ZERO
  • Average speed to be maintained between 70kmph to 80kmph (95% of the time the SA managed to do that)
  • Distance Covered 60kms +
  • AirCondition: ON
  • Windows Totally Rolled Up (To avoid air dynamics and wind pressure)

It was like, I mean, rather than an average test of getting mileage figures in practical situation, An initiative specially crafted to extract maximum mileage from any given car in front of the car owner and MOCK him and take a good laugh at his complaints.

These methods above should be also prescribed in FORD advertisements & promotions. People would not Buy their car for setting such non-relevant fuel testing scenarios while claiming blatant figures like 35kmpl for this puny little TDCI engine.. (major publications promoted their claims two days back, I have seen a copy)

Anyways, my concerns were far from over. Let us see the Results in a nice Tabular Format:

Quote:
  • Distance: 60.8 Kms
  • Route: Palm Beach Marg (Nerul) to Mumbai Pune Expressway (Tunnel exit) and RETURN
  • Speed: 80Km/hr Max (95% of the time)
  • Diesel utilized: 6.26ltrs
  • AC= On
  • Atmosphere= Pleasant
  • Time: 6:00pm
  • Tires: Stock Size 175/65/R14 (changed by Bhavna Ford team to make sure that the mileage drop was not a result of a tyre change from my side)
  • Mileage Recieved after Trip finished: 9.7kmpl
  • Driving Style: Sedate & Calm
  • Driver Name: Umesh (Bhavna Ford employee supervised by Mr. Bhide)
  • Passenger: 1 (Myself, Dinesh Malhotra)
  • Luggage: None
  • Spare Tire: Yes
  • Tire Pressure: 30psi across
Mileage of 9.7kmpl that too in the stringiest of Mileage Extraction Settings when adopted by FORD, highlights that the complaint that I made
were genuine in nature and in-fact further proves that this car (ford figo) has lost its road worthiness and trust of mine as an customer.

with so many issues in last 2 years and now this BIG ONE.. you guys tell me the next course of action that I must take ??

1: Refund
2: Replacement
3: Compensation
4: Consumer Forum
5: Official legal notice over pain, torture and embarassment
6: Legal suit for the loss of important time, business and harmony in life ..

PS: CHECK POST #6900 for a recap

With such kind of testing scenario, I was expecting figures close to the average FE figures that we get in general scenarios. Shocked to the vehicle behaving like this...

warm regards
Dinesh Malhotra
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 19th July 2012 at 01:52.
Old 19th July 2012, 10:15   #6911
Senior - BHPian

There is a red bezel gear knob on display on the facebook page. Is this accessory available in showrooms and what is the cost?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-484123_10151084933065479_1701182548_n.jpg  

Old 19th July 2012, 10:58   #6912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra

with so many issues in last 2 years and now this BIG ONE.. you guys tell me the next course of action that I must take ??

1: Refund
2: Replacement
3: Compensation
4: Consumer Forum
5: Official legal notice over pain, torture and embarassment
6: Legal suit for the loss of important time, business and harmony in life ..
Sorry about your hard ownership experience.
It is certainly a defective car that has been sold to you. I have seen a lot of customers happy with performance and mileage, but your car does not. You also gave Representatives of Ford a chance to get it rectified, which they did not. Hence now you need to go legally sue them. IMO Refund may not happen but a compensation would do for selling defective car with lot of faults, the pain, agony, depression, loss of time & money for the owner. Also check with a good legal expert to claim replacement, it may work out.
Old 19th July 2012, 16:13   #6913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Sorry about your hard ownership experience.
It is certainly a defective car that has been sold to you. I have seen a lot of customers happy with performance and mileage, but your car does not. You also gave Representatives of Ford a chance to get it rectified, which they did not. Hence now you need to go legally sue them. IMO Refund may not happen but a compensation would do for selling defective car with lot of faults, the pain, agony, depression, loss of time & money for the owner. Also check with a good legal expert to claim replacement, it may work out.

You guys simply wont believe what just happened !!

People from FORD have called me now and are saying may be the Dealership (Bhavna Ford) has goofed up in following the standard procedures with respect to the standards set for a joint test drive for mileage testing for any of the vehicles manufactured by FORD, due to which the mileage figures that arrived yesterday of 9.72KMPL cannot be taken into consideration and once again I will have to now go on a joint Test Drive with one of the FORD engineers for Mileage Testing.

When I asked the reason for FORD suddenly thinking that their dealerships being incompetent in handling Mileage Testing drives, I was told that its only because of the way the FORD Dealer did the mileage test drive, the FUEL EFFICIENCY has dropped to a new level of 9.72KMPL.

Above on that when I asked them about following such stringent procedures for Mileage testing, while the customer believes in the practical scenario.. They Said:

As per FORD INDIA, Mileage of anywhere between 14kmpl to 16kmpl on highway is BEST for FORD FIGO.. above on that is BONUS. So you must be happy and be merry about it.

I have nothing left to reason with this jerks. I am fed up. Sad to see no one from TBHP, who have loads and loads of contacts at disposal, even trying to help. Please help guys. I am fed up.

Warm Regards
Dinesh Malhotra
Old 19th July 2012, 16:58   #6914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
the Dealership (Bhavna Ford)
Yes, really sad. I have no clue what can be done, but i can't believe the issue can not be rectified as in todays world , there are mechanics who can rebuilt a entire engine. May be its not your engine and something else.

Have you tried another dealer at all, i only read about Bhavna Ford in most of your posts? and may be you need a fresh pair of eyes, may be the diagnosis all along has been on wrong lines of investigation ?

I know that's probably not the case but had to ask !
Old 19th July 2012, 18:59   #6915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS_1980 View Post
Yes, really sad. I have no clue what can be done, but i can't believe the issue can not be rectified as in todays world , there are mechanics who can rebuilt a entire engine. May be its not your engine and something else.

Have you tried another dealer at all, i only read about Bhavna Ford in most of your posts? and may be you need a fresh pair of eyes, may be the diagnosis all along has been on wrong lines of investigation ?

I know that's probably not the case but had to ask !
The problem is not with Bhavna Ford. I started utilizing their services from January 2012.. before that I used to service/diagnose/repair my car only at Wasan Ford, Deonar.

It must be also noted that, It is not the dealership who I have found to mischievous in most cases, but FORD INDIA itself.. They keep on making tall claims, and keep on making promises for rectification.

But simply do not accept that the car that they have sold is a LEMON resulting in lost of time, money, peace and harmony for me.

Pathetic car or company, I am confused. But I am going nuts.

regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks