Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 20:03   #6886
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Today i went to an accesory shop at Ashok nagar. The owner got one Figo (recently), He had replaced the OEM horn with Windtone fixed with same OEM wiring, he said he sleeved the current set up and fixed it. He also said that he had one known source in MPL ford says its fine with it. Is it ok to go for the same setup? Or seperate relay is required?
Old 13th July 2012, 21:57   #6887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT
Today i went to an accesory shop at Ashok nagar. The owner got one Figo (recently), He had replaced the OEM horn with Windtone fixed with same OEM wiring, he said he sleeved the current set up and fixed it. He also said that he had one known source in MPL ford says its fine with it. Is it ok to go for the same setup? Or seperate relay is required?
OEM is a single one. Windtone has a hi and a low horn. Won't the wiring differ ?
Old 13th July 2012, 23:41   #6888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange

OEM is a single one. Windtone has a hi and a low horn. Won't the wiring differ ?
While taking my new car delivery at Cauvery Ford, I had told the S.A that during my first service, I will come with a pair of windtone horn to be replaced by the A.S.S themselves to avoid warranty issues. He assured me to get the O.E.M horn replaced with these windtones. Also will replace headlamp bulbs with same wattage 60/55 Phillips Extremevision.
My car is 16 days old and has run only 340 kms not happy with the horn and lights.
Old 14th July 2012, 13:22   #6889
BHPian

Re: Steering issue after pothole hit!

Hi folks,

Have left the car at the FORD A.S.S. today. It was time for my first service anyway. When I told the A.S.S personnel attending to my car about the steering issue, he checked the underbody for any damage due to the pothole (crater) hit. There was no visible damage and no leakage of the PS liquid. So he claims no problems with the steering. But I told him there very clearly is a change in the way the steering responds after the hit... LIMP, doesnt have the same bite and feedback and is definitely loose. He said he will check for any damage but says highly unlikely theres any problem with it.

What do I do? From the looks of it, they will say there is no problem with the steering and return it as is. But I know and feel the problem. Handling is FIGO's biggest USP.
Old 14th July 2012, 16:15   #6890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower
Hi folks,

What do I do? From the looks of it, they will say there is no problem with the steering and return it as is. But I know and feel the problem. Handling is FIGO's biggest USP.
It would be better if you ask the Service Manager to drive the car for few kms at 70-80kmph and few tight corners to make sure everything is ok.
In case if you feel the steering behaviour still the same, you can visit another Ford A.S.S next week to cross verify.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2012, 18:21   #6891
BHPian

Hey thanx for the advice. Well just got the car back. Its the same. :(. As for the 'service manager', he had left for the day without leaving any handovers for his collegues. The one who handed over the car to me said 'everthing from PS fluid to belt has been checked. All fine'. And left! Got a taste of Ford's infamous A.S.S.. Well that's another story. Since im still not happy with the steering, will do as u advised. Or maybe even take it outside Ford. Any word on Carnation? Their services? Im based in Thane so suggestions from those in Mum / Thane would be welcome.
Old 14th July 2012, 23:10   #6892
Senior - BHPian

Hey buddy,

I had read about your incident a couple of pages back & I am sorry to hear about it. But first, please do not even think of taking your car anywhere other than an authorized Ford A.S.S for getting this thing sorted.

Secondly, almost every damn company that operates here in India is plagued with ignorance, the only difference being in the extent. So, be rest assured that most other companies & their respective customer care functions are similar, except maybe Skoda since they are supposedly the biggest ****

Thirdly, w.r.t your problem, it's probably hard to guage & even if it is not, most people from the A.S.S or even the company may choose to not acknowledge it since nothing is essentially broken or out of place. You would need to come up with some specific test scenarios through which somebody driving your car can be convinced about the problem.

Good luck & drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Hey thanx for the advice. Well just got the car back. Its the same. :(. As for the 'service manager', he had left for the day without leaving any handovers for his collegues. The one who handed over the car to me said 'everthing from PS fluid to belt has been checked. All fine'. And left! Got a taste of Ford's infamous A.S.S.. Well that's another story. Since im still not happy with the steering, will do as u advised. Or maybe even take it outside Ford. Any word on Carnation? Their services? Im based in Thane so suggestions from those in Mum / Thane would be welcome.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 00:10   #6893
BHPian

Thank you for your reply. As tempted as I am to take the car out of Ford to get this sorted, I'd have to agree with you. But after today's experience, I really doubt if any other Ford centre would be able or willing to sort this out. Will try and work out some tests as you've recommended and see if these boneheaded service guys get the drift. Cheers
Old 16th July 2012, 15:24   #6894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. As tempted as I am to take the car out of Ford to get this sorted, I'd have to agree with you. But after today's experience, I really doubt if any other Ford centre would be able or willing to sort this out. Will try and work out some tests as you've recommended and see if these boneheaded service guys get the drift. Cheers
Why dont you drive another Figo and check for the difference. That way i think you could convince the guys about the problem if it exists. One thing you could do is get your car to a reputed alignment shop. Ask them to check for any shake in the link rod/ bearings. They raise the car on a jack and try to shake the wheel with the hand. The wheel should not shake as if loosely fixed. If it does that is a problem you could specifically mention and show to the a.s.s. guys. If nothing is there get an alignment and balancing [front wheels would suffice] done and check for any changes.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 15:35   #6895
BHPian

Hi

Wanted to try driving another FIGO with my service manager and show him the difference, but the man was absconding when I took delivery and the others weren't really interested in my car as it wasn't their job.

As for checking the alignment, yes I think that's a good idea. The kind of shock the car was subjected to when it hit the patch on the road, it certainly would've messed up the alignment a bit.

Will certainly get this checked and see if it helps.

Thank you for your advice.
Old 16th July 2012, 19:34   #6896
Senior - BHPian

Hey there buddy,

You could do another thing, which is to take your car to a trusted & known car mechanic who can possibly diagnose the problem or at least give you some direction.

Based on the answers/responses you get, you could try to take it up with Ford. The advantage would be that you would have some idea on what could be wrong & you would be better informed while discussing this matter with Ford representatives.

Quote:
Hi

Wanted to try driving another FIGO with my service manager and show him the difference, but the man was absconding when I took delivery and the others weren't really interested in my car as it wasn't their job.

As for checking the alignment, yes I think that's a good idea. The kind of shock the car was subjected to when it hit the patch on the road, it certainly would've messed up the alignment a bit.

Will certainly get this checked and see if it helps.

Thank you for your advice.
Old 16th July 2012, 20:38   #6897
BHPian

Would've loved taking it to a trusted mechanic but sadly don't know anyone reliable where I stay. Have tried asking around but have drawn a blank. Would request fellow Figoians from Thane to suggest someone good.
Old 16th July 2012, 22:09   #6898
BHPian

My wife has completed 500 km on her Figo Zxi (200 km may be my contribution ) and she is happy getting used with it so far. Just one glitch ! There is a rattling sound from some where in the back seat when going on bumpy roads so took it to the ford service centre and they are investigating it. I had no hurry getting the car back and hence told them to check it thoroughly and fix it. Now waiting for the investigation report and will keep you guys posted
Old 16th July 2012, 23:47   #6899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv
My wife has completed 500 km on her Figo Zxi (200 km may be my contribution ) and she is happy getting used with it so far. Just one glitch ! There is a rattling sound from some where in the back seat when going on bumpy roads so took it to the ford service centre and they are investigating it.
Are you having a diesel one? As many posts in this thread have spoken about that specific rattle. Suggest you search once in this thread.

Regards
Old 17th July 2012, 01:52   #6900
BHPian

Re: store of defective lemon continues...

kindly check here to know why i call my FIGO a lemon !
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

Main thing:

Hi everyone,

So we are in third year of ownership of my ford figo and yet am STUCK sending ford people emails filled with never ending issues that simple never stop.

Anyways I will halt the melodrama for this time and directly tell you the issues for which the car is submitted at Bhavna Ford (Navi Mumbai).

1: ABS active indicator on instrument cluster not working while ABS in action

2: Hazard lights not functioning to indicate EMERGENCY BRAKING when the car is braked above 95kmph or even above

3: The Car is making whooosh whooooosh sound when coming to halt or losing speed from acceleration. Earlier the problem was acknowledged and diagnosed by Bhavna Ford team to be a bearing failure issue in the one of the tyre-suspension joints and it would have to be replaced in warranty.

But, Today, I was told its normal to hear that sound coming through. I reasoned with them how such thing can start in between the usage
and can be termed as normal ? I also asked why was it acknowledged to be a problem at first place then? I tried to get in the line with
Bhavna Ford`s technical team by requesting them to check other figo (they have many parked there) for the same noise, and if both have the
same, I am OK ! but they are simply ignoring it now...

4: The Car feels life less after doing my 30k service. I mean I have to throttle the accelerator like anything to make it reach towards the optimal RPMs, thus also causing fuel efficiency loss in the tunes of 30-40%.

See, one needs to understand that if one doesn`t get the pick that he usually gets from his car, he has to push in the accelerator more
to get the car to ride with the same level of refinement and zest, thus ending up burning more fuel in the process. Something is wrong with the turbo or something else... but trust me the car feels gaudy, lame and like a donkey to drive without that power to perform the tasks that it has been efficiently doing from past 2 years.

so in simple terms: loss in pickup + loss in acceleration + loss in power = more throttle press + more acceleration + slow gear changes + FUEL WASTAGE !! (12.5kmpl highway mileage in last 2 days after driving constantly through expressway for 440kms)
normal used to be: 21-23kmpl (mumbai pune expressway) ... PLZ note this has been happning past 30k service done.

Ford guys accept the same on face.. but totally ignore/avoid/backtrack when any of FORDs superior comes. Even most of the FORD guys I have found to be mischivious in conduct.

5: ABS malfunction light was active for 2 days till today evening on the cluster. Have taken a pic as proof and also showed it to service head. I fear there`s some issue with the system which Bhavna Ford guys said would check, but have not till yet.

I wish I could tell ford to kindly do not take their own instrument indicators lightly. They are fitted for a reason right ?

6: There`s something wrong with the system present in the car. Everything is mostly failing in this car.

FUEL EFFICIENCY PROBLEM:

Now, to clarify. If you go through my super long lemon thread, I have had a long list of pathetic issues to face in this ford figo of mine, but never ever I have complained of Bad FUEL efficiency.

Infact all my last 2 years I have been recieving really good FE figures like:

1: In Navi Mumbai City and Mumbai City mix with load of traffic = 17-17.5 kmpl Minimum
2: In Navi Mumbai city only with usage of mostly palm beach road = 19.5 kmpl min
3: In highway from mumbai to lonavala or mumbai to pune = 22-25kmpl max
4: in highway and city mix (in worst of condition) = 18-20kmpl atleast

come 30,000kms and things change dramatically !

1: Tankfull number one gives FE of 12.5km/l and I am shocked ! ( I ignore the same thinking something might have misfired here and there)

2: Tankfull number two gives FE of 14km/l and I am thinking may be some issue that is getting self sorted, thus improving on the FE a bit

3: Tankfull number three gives 9kmpl (with AC though, yet not acceptable). Had no choice but to use AC in the rain to avoid mist on windows

4: Tankfull number four gives again 13.5kmpl keeping me guessing

5: Tankfull number five drops back to 11kmpl (shocked again, yet tried to talk with the petrol pump owner and tell him may be he is not maintaining fuel quality)

6: Now this one goes HAYWIRE totally. Travelled to PUNE via expressway and the total distance covered was of 440kms both ways after tank full Yesterday. Guess what? I have already touched below the lower 3rd set of fuel mark indicator one the cluster and I am sure when refilled with fuel again, it wont show figures those are more than 13-14.5 kmpl max though the whole drive was done on highway with air pressure of 32psi all around, with 2 passengers, with no freakin luggage, no rain, sedate driving and speeds below 100kmph to avoid traffic police and for our own safety. (car is with bhavna ford now)

Something is wrong in this car for sure.

There is a huge list of problems and these problems have caused me a lot of torture and pain while coming again and again at FORD`s doorsteps pleading to help me through this mess.

I Fear for god, when the warranty expires. I will have no option but to sell this car off. if under warranty it has made me, my family, my father, my finances suffer so much, I see doom after warranty for ownership experience of this car.

BTW i changed my tyres to 195/60 ZLOs around 1500kms back. the fuel efficiency has been the same pathetic as mentioned above before and after tyre change. The car now stands at 36000kms.

warm regards
Dinesh Malhotra

Last edited by Dinesh_Malhotra : 17th July 2012 at 01:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks