Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2012, 17:25   #6826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK
This is the damage happened on that day. Is this dent cant be removed by a good tinker outside ?. Please share your thoughts.
Sorry to see the dent. I have done tinker works on my older cars and think you can get 95% result with outside tinker shops on this dent. Again, if u want a 100% perfect finish then it might be hard. However, I am confident that a tinker guy can get it to a state where it is not visible. On close inspection by an expert it may still be detected. Price wise, my experience is from 7-8 yrs before, so not relevant.
rohing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 23:04   #6827
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post

Also need to change bulbs to same wattage nightbreakers. Any other good lamps? I was not able to pair my samsung galaxy R with the HU.
Congrats on your Figo. I had my Figo's bulbs changed. Thought of going for 100/90 but came across OSRAM nightbreaker + . These are same rating as stock ones and offers much better visibility. Oh yes after installing bulbs, i removed the small metal reflector inside the headlamp assembly. Overall the visibilty is good enough and bulbs do great job.

On OSRAM nightbreaker + : It looks pretty much like your normal lights, but there is slight infact negligible bluish tinge. It is awarded the "Best Headlamp Bulb" in the Auto Express Product Honours Awards 2011.
It costed me 1000 bucks. Have kept rest everything same. over 3-4 months now and no issues.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 08:35   #6828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed

Congrats on your Figo. I had my Figo's bulbs changed. Thought of going for 100/90 but came across OSRAM nightbreaker + . These are same rating as stock ones and offers much better visibility. Oh yes after installing bulbs, i removed the small metal reflector inside the headlamp assembly. Overall the visibilty is good enough and bulbs do great.
Thanks Pridered, the valuable suggestions from the bhpians makes me to choose right product. During first service I will go with a pair of Osram Nightbreaker+ 55/60W & a pair of Roots air horns. Let the A.S.S themselves fit them to avoid warranty breach.
I was able to pair my phone to HU and it too good to hear whatever my phone plays. The HU & speakers are amazingly good and boomy, though the doors were jarring when I played songs through xplay android audio player with full bass. The best part is fixing the mobile to mobile holder on windshield playing Movies through MX player, sounded like mini home theatre ! I loved this.
Attached Images

Old 1st July 2012, 09:43   #6829
Senior - BHPian

56K Done. Guys With the Figo TDCi....The Figo really needs to be given some steroids! You'll definitely appreciate it better!!
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 10:31   #6830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas
56K Done. Guys With the Figo TDCi....The Figo really needs to be given some steroids! You'll definitely appreciate it better!!
Looks like it is time for you to get a tuning box . If only they were not so expensive - sigh!
Old 4th July 2012, 15:50   #6831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
OT: Have become daddy of a baby boy on 30th May. Wanted to name him "Shelby" but faced massive protests from each & everyone around.
Congrats on the kid! Don't you wish you had a girl, then you could've called her Carol (Carroll) and gotten away with it.

On topic: I've booked a white ZXi diesel in Bangalore (On Road Price: 652,000 excluding insurance). Hopefully should get delivered later this week or early next week.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 16:51   #6832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max
I've booked a white ZXi diesel in Bangalore (On Road Price: 652,000 excluding insurance). Hopefully should get delivered later this week or early next week.
After finance formalities got over, I enquired for colorado red tdci titanium with all the dealers in Bangalore. The only one red titanium was available with Cauvery Ford and booked on 27/7/12 & got delivery next day after registration.
I got 2k discount on essential kit & got vinyl seat covers & parking sensors as free. Did you get any discount & freebies?

Last edited by HighOctane : 4th July 2012 at 16:52.
Old 4th July 2012, 19:25   #6833
BHPian

My Figo TDCi Titanium is now 26 months old. Since last few months, I am getting a squeak noise from the left backside which is very annoying. This comes on rough roads, I suspect it is somewhere from the backseat assembly. Anybody has similar issues ? I haven't taken it to showroom to get it checked, waiting for the 30 K service.
Old 4th July 2012, 21:44   #6834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Seems like you went the remap/box way. Mind sharing the details. Any improvement in top end performance and top speeds?
Old 5th July 2012, 09:50   #6835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
My Figo TDCi Titanium is now 26 months old. Since last few months, I am getting a squeak noise from the left backside which is very annoying. This comes on rough roads, I suspect it is somewhere from the backseat assembly. Anybody has similar issues ? I haven't taken it to showroom to get it checked, waiting for the 30 K service.
I have this problem. It comes inside from the pillar that is next to back seat. Unfortunately when I went to show it to service station, it did not come. I was disappointed. It still comes once in a while but now I am living with it because the going and coming back from service station takes half a day. I know it is annoying but can't do much.
Old 5th July 2012, 12:10   #6836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
After finance formalities got over, I enquired for colorado red tdci titanium with all the dealers in Bangalore. The only one red titanium was available with Cauvery Ford and booked on 27/7/12 & got delivery next day after registration.
I got 2k discount on essential kit & got vinyl seat covers & parking sensors as free. Did you get any discount & freebies?
I got the guy to knock off the third year warranty and the costs for the standard accessories package and roof rails. Taking insurance from outside (checked online with ICICI lombard) and so that got me about 5k lesser as well. Total cost from dealer is about 6.42L + insurance would be about 12k. Booked in Elite Ford, Marathahalli.
Old 5th July 2012, 13:36   #6837
Senior - BHPian

Hi all,

Just wanted to share an observation w.r.t to my Figo TDCi. This peculiar thing has only started happening since the last week & it occurs only in the mornings (when the car is first started) or late at nights (if the car has been parked since long).

Observation: When the engine is cranked, the RPM is usually around 800. But it so happens that within a couple of seconds, it starts fluctuating between 700 to about 1000 & all this happens without any accelerator input. This occurs for about 1 minute & does not happen again until the car has been parked for a long time.

Could anyone tell me what this could be about?
Old 5th July 2012, 22:20   #6838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
5) Night breakers are not legal yet. So it may end up as a lot of fine paid to govt exchequere through a police official.

You may shift up to 90/100 but nothing more than that (anything more might fry your headlight dome)
60/55W H4 of any make are legal in India as per CMVR rules.

100/90W & 100/80W is illegal

130/100W is crime.

@ PrideRed
Osram Nightbreakers does not have bluish or whitish tinge but beam colour is between amber & golden yellow (pls refer to the bulb pack where it is mentioned very clearly with diagram)

Last edited by Skyline GT-R : 5th July 2012 at 22:22.
Old 6th July 2012, 08:36   #6839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I have this problem. It comes inside from the pillar that is next to back seat. Unfortunately when I went to show it to service station, it did not come. I was disappointed. It still comes once in a while but now I am living with it because the going and coming back from service station takes half a day. I know it is annoying but can't do much.
I hope this helps.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2760576
Old 6th July 2012, 11:42   #6840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Try disconnecting the battery terminals for a few minutes and then reconnect. This should reset your ecu. Over few tankfuls you should see your mileage returning to normal. Because thats what the ford guys also will do. So you can try this at home if still doesnt work which i doubt then there would be something wrong.
Ford will probably change the fuel tank sensor and also charge you unnecesarily for the ecu thing. Just my thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil View Post
Hi Parthsarathig,
How can resetting ECU would improve the mileage. The fuel strategy depends not only on the run time parameters but also on loads of Calibration variables and learnt data (stored every time the ignition is switched off or some diag fault has occured), both of these are stored in Non volatile memory region. To erase it requires
1. A diag tool
2. Flash driver s/w
3. Special command to enable read/write access of the Flash memory.
I am afraid resetting ECU only clears the run time parameters but the crux of the functionality still remains intact.

I guess as rightly pointed out the diesel quality might not have been good and having its impact on the mileage. Or time to change the oil filter?
Good advice Parathasarathi. When i did a tank fill recently, avg was again down to 12. This time filled in my old bunk and after the fill DTE was 523. Later in the evening i disconnected the batt terminal for 5mins to reset the ECU and reconnected again. DTE jumped to 580 immediately. After driving for a day DTE went to around 600 which was normally what I was getting earlier. So looks like ECU definitely resets with disconnection from battery. I will watch my avg this time closely, but seems like poor diesel from the earlier bunk had resulted in ECU change some settings which was resulting in reduced avg. Now its back to factory defaults and re-learning with my driving.

Most Viewed