Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 12:03   #6811
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Stick to the OEM oil for now, despite the sad truth that car companies these days use & promote oils & OCIs that give an impression of lower costs of maintenance.

Till the time your warranty holds, you can probably get the oil changes done a little earlier than 10K at the FASS itself, for peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
The thing is, I am planning to keep the car for a long time. Hence the dilemma. Don't want to be the victim of FASS having to show lower maintenance costs. : ). Thanks

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 27th June 2012 at 12:12.
Old 27th June 2012, 20:11   #6812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Stick to FASS provided oil, its optimal and avoids warranty hassles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Sticking to OEM oil for now probably makes best sense to keep your warranty intact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Stick to the OEM oil for now, despite the sad truth that car companies these days use & promote oils & OCIs that give an impression of lower costs of maintenance.

Till the time your warranty holds, you can probably get the oil changes done a little earlier than 10K at the FASS itself, for peace of mind.
Thanks all. I shall stick to OEM for now. But just out of academic interest, which is the best engine oil to use, that works with the TDCi.
Old 27th June 2012, 22:14   #6813
Senior - BHPian

In all honesty, there are not a lot of options available in India that fulfill Ford's specifications in terms of engine oil. If you want to stick to the OEM grade of 5W30, then the only options are from Castrol, Mobil & Shell as also given below:

1. Castrol Magnatec Professional 5W30
2. Mobil Super 1000 or 3000 5W30
3. Shell Helix HX7 5W30

There are some synthetic oils available, but the only grades possibly usable in Ford are 5W40 & 0W40 but they do not meet Ford's WSS-M2C913B specification & are not meant for engines with DPF (which is there in Euro IV Figos). Also, as per some online test reports that I have read, these so-called "Synthetics" may not offer such benefits so as to justify the cost. In fact, some have been criticized to be worse than their own semi-synthetic counterparts. So, choose wisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
Thanks all. I shall stick to OEM for now. But just out of academic interest, which is the best engine oil to use, that works with the TDCi.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 27th June 2012 at 22:16.
blackfire_9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 10:04   #6814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
but they do not meet Ford's WSS-M2C913B specification & are not meant for engines with DPF (which is there in Euro IV Figos).
Mustang.101's post on page 328 (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2440640) mentions that Figo does not carry DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter).

Last edited by Diesel lover : 28th June 2012 at 10:08. Reason: Hyperlink entered
Old 28th June 2012, 21:35   #6815
Senior - BHPian

I will have to look into the manual again, but as far as I know the Euro-IV 1.4 TDCi mills carry the DPF.

I guess, it's time to get this confirmed from the Ford helpline but for now, below is the link from Wikipedia that also supports the fact about this motor carrying the DPF for Euro-IV version.

Ford Duratorq engine - Wikicars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Mustang.101's post on page 328 (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2440640) mentions that Figo does not carry DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter).
Old 29th June 2012, 01:23   #6816
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
I will have to look into the manual again, but as far as I know the Euro-IV 1.4 TDCi mills carry the DPF.
Hi, the Figo does not have a DPF.

- Dhanush
Old 29th June 2012, 01:38   #6817
BHPian

My Ford Figo (Lemony) has started to pour juice all over.. (leakage)

read this thread to know more : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ing-juice.html
Old 29th June 2012, 12:34   #6818
BHPian

To mod: I posted in the wrong thread. Unable to find out how to delete post from app. Please delete post.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26012012331.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-26012012330.jpg  

Last edited by kart19 : 29th June 2012 at 12:46.
Old 29th June 2012, 15:00   #6819
BHPian

Now I am proud owner of Ford Figo TDCi Titanium. Booked the car at Cauvery Ford, Bangalore on 27th June and expected delivery was on 29th, but got the delivery of the vehicle yesterday itself. The dealership was commited to their promises and were very prompt and supportive. Price came to Rs.7.26L. Got accessories worth 11k free which included floor & boot mats(carpet type), mudflaps, rear parking sensor with display, Vinyl leather feel seats covers, perfume, idol and so called "Ultravoilet proof polish" (hearing this for first time)
Beware: All the dealership offers cash discount of Rs.6,500, it is nothing but taking out 2k for essential kit & 4.5k 3rd year extended warranty. Overall nice experience with the showroom guys. PDI was done as per suggestions that were posted in tbhp. The car had run only 16kms while taking delivery. This is my first diesel ar and found that the car was reluctant to move in 2nd gear when slowed for road humps.
I thank the Figo owners in this forum who gave their valuable knowledge and suggessions.

The tyres are of MRF ZV2K, are they good enough for good handling and reduction in tyre noise? I was thinking to go for 185/60/14 Yoko ES 100 or A drives. Does this harm my warranty?
Horns are poor and need to go for roots air horn. Also need to change bulbs to same wattage nightbreakers. Any other good lamps? I was not able to pair my samsung galaxy R with the HU.
Attached Images

Last edited by HighOctane : 29th June 2012 at 15:18.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 15:33   #6820
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride. She looks absolutely stunning.

A few doubts
1) By parking sensors with display, did you mean video display on your mirror? If yes, where's the camera fitted?
2) Did you get a mirror which has anti glare facility also with that display or you had to forego that luxury?
3) The vinyl seats looks awesome. How is the fit finish and feel? Did you experience any sweating on fabric?

Now to your queries:
1) If you upgrade the size of your tyres, you'll automatically void warranty on suspensions
2) Still if you are going for upgrade, the best recommended for figo is 185/ 65 R14 and not 185/ 60. I would strongly recommend that you maintain R 14.
3) MRF would run comfortably for 40k kms. But it wont guarantee you a smooth drive. I did not feel the road noise to be uncomfortable when i had used it. (I ran MRFs for 42k Kms before changing over. Did their job pretty well and did never have a complaint.)
4) If you intend changing tyres, I would recommend Michelin XM2. Though a bit on the pricey side, they are doing a fantabulous job for me.
5) Night breakers are not legal yet. So it may end up as a lot of fine paid to govt exchequere through a police official. You may shift up to 90/100 but nothing more than that (anything more might fry your headlight dome)

Congrats again for your well considered buy and wish you many happy miles
Old 29th June 2012, 16:06   #6821
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Congrats HighOctane. The car looks beautiful. Good decision to go for Titanium.

Time is not good for me yesterday. My car was banged at the back by a great Taxi wala (driving Ford fiesta) in the Nandam Signal. The bike going in front of me stopped, so I need to brake suddenly and heard a big sound at the back and the car jerked.
I went down and found my boot (below to Figo, Tdci emblem) gone inside including the bumper. Luckily the boot is locking and no glass break.
Now a days we have come to a mindset that "nothing big has happened" and I tried to console myself.
Went to the body shop and the guy advised to change the boot door for Rs 11,000/- (through Insurance). I asked to do tinkering and paint. He said, " Sir you will not get finishing. If you still wish to go for it the total amount would be around Rs 6500/-". I said OK and came back.

Looking for good tinker which will cost around 2k and 1k for painting. I could not understand why the SC's charge a lot. Will post the photos and the progress in my ownership thread.

Experts - Please share your thoughts..
Old 29th June 2012, 17:19   #6822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon
Congrats on your new ride. She looks absolutely stunning.

A few doubts
1) By parking sensors with display, did you mean video display on your mirror? If yes, where's the camera fitted?
2) Did you get a mirror which has anti glare facility also with that display or you had to forego that luxury?
3) The vinyl seats looks awesome. How is the fit finish and feel? Did you experience any sweating on fabric?

4)If you upgrade the size of your tyres, you'll automatically void warranty on suspension.

5)You may shift up to 90/100 but nothing more than that (anything more might fry your headlight
Thanks for the wishes.
1)The rear parking sensor with display what I meant was a tiny colour coded display which shows yellow, green and red as the objects get closer and the length of object is shown in meters. It is not as the one in i20 sportz & asta model.
2) The mirrors are not electro chromic or anti glare.
3) The seat covers are great, I did not expect such finish, though there is some hollow at back rest of passenger seats. Pics to follow. As of now, I have driven only 30kms to check sweating. Any how the Figo's chiller AC may not allow to sweat at back. My earlier santro had gSports leather seat covers and in long drives, I used to sweat at back though AC was on.
4) Will ask service manager before going to 185/65/14. Else will stick on to 175 profile.
5) If I upgrade lamps, it will be of same wattage 55/60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK
Congrats High Octane. The car looks beautiful. Good decision to for Titanium.

Time is not good for me yesterday
Thanks for the wishes RGK.
Some days it will be bad & we have to live with it. It is good to go for insurance claim & get door replaced than tinkering as tinkering and metal paste may lead to rust corrossion.

Last edited by HighOctane : 29th June 2012 at 17:21.
Old 29th June 2012, 21:58   #6823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post

The tyres are of MRF ZV2K, are they good enough for good handling and reduction in tyre noise? I was thinking to go for 185/60/14 Yoko ES 100 or A drives. Does this harm my warranty?
Horns are poor and need to go for roots air horn. Also need to change bulbs to same wattage nightbreakers. Any other good lamps? I was not able to pair my samsung galaxy R with the HU.
Congrats High Octane on the lovely purchase. Car is looking stunning in red. To answer some of your questions
  • Going to 185 wide tires will definitely void your suspension warranty and i wouldnt suggest going that route. There have been cases of suspension work being done on cars which are couple of yrs old. 175 to 185 difference will be marginal. I would suggest dump the avg MRFs and get something like Michelin or BS
  • Ford will complain about upgrading the horn as well and claim that it nulls your wiring warranty. But i couldnt stick to the lousy single horn and upgraded. FOrd's condition was dont cut any wires, so i got a completely new set of wiring with relay for the new horn and tapped one of the existing horn wires to get the trigger
  • Preferably stick to same wattage bulbs. Recently someone reported on thsi thread that the plastic holders melted due to upgrade to 90/100 watt ones. For higher wattage you will need ceramic holders, but again Ford will null your wiring warranty
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 08:52   #6824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu

Congrats High Octane on the lovely purchase. Car is looking stunning in red. To answer some of your questions

Going to 185 wide tires will definitely void your suspension warranty and i wouldnt suggest going that route. There have been cases of suspension work being done on cars which are couple of yrs old. 175 to 185 difference will be marginal. I would suggest dump the avg MRFs and get something like Michelin or BS

Ford will complain about upgrading the horn as well and claim that it nulls your wiring warranty.

Preferably stick to same wattage bulbs.
Thanks for the wishes. The service manager also said that it will void the warranty. So will live with MRF as of now. Does not want to go for same profile Michelin or BS or Yoko.

Spoke to service manager on replacing with air horn, he asked me to get a pair during my first service and they will fix them.

Will stick to 55/60 only, but want to replace bulbs to osram or phillips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanushmenon
The vinyl seats looks awesome. How is the fit finish and feel?
The front seats fit is too gud. Though rear back rest has some hollow. But looks and feels like real leather seats.
Attached Images

Old 30th June 2012, 16:08   #6825
RGK
Senior - BHPian

This is the damage happened on that day. Is this dent cant be removed by a good tinker outside ?. Please share your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-bootdamage.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks