Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2012, 11:30   #6796
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
30000Km service done last week. Costed 4697/-. The left front shocks were also changed under warranty for a rattling sound. The rt front shocks were changed for the same problem at 20K service. Except for a sound near the cabin light, all other sounds seems to have been settled for now. Touch wood.
Ipod updating was getting irritating, so I got a USB port also added. It is playing a 16 GB pendrive allright.
Do you have an OEM HU? did you get a chance to check what is the maximum no of tracks you can play from USB? My experience on my car is 1062 irrespective of the size of the USB.
Old 26th June 2012, 11:50   #6797
BHPian

I know this question might have been asked earlier but I could not find an answer. I have my 10K service coming up. I was wondering what is the Engine oil the FASS uses. Should I stick to it or buy something better? Which ones are recommended? Mine is a TDCi. Thx in advance!
Old 26th June 2012, 12:09   #6798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
I know this question might have been asked earlier but I could not find an answer. I have my 10K service coming up. I was wondering what is the Engine oil the FASS uses. Should I stick to it or buy something better? Which ones are recommended? Mine is a TDCi. Thx in advance!
Stick to FASS provided oil, its optimal and avoids warranty hassles.
Old 26th June 2012, 12:59   #6799
BHPian

This post is regarding the weak headlamp issue of Figo.
After reading a few post from members commenting that the figo stock holders and wiring are ok for 90/100 bulbs (read as no relays required), I would be interested to know how is the performance in the long run. Do the holders and the wiring still hold on or leads to parts deterioration.
i'm not concerned about electrical warranty as anyway the showroom guys have noted that I have added an amp and woofer wiring to the car.
Old 26th June 2012, 13:20   #6800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m
After reading a few post from members commenting that the figo stock holders and wiring are ok for 90/100 bulbs (read as no relays required), I would be interested to know how is the performance in the long run. Do the holders and the wiring still hold on or leads to parts deterioration.
i'm not concerned about electrical warranty as anyway the showroom guys have noted that I have added an amp and woofer wiring to the car.
It may have long term effects. This wattage is more than stock wattage and thus leads to more heat being generated in the wires as well as in the headlamps. Thus the consequences can be

1. Deterioration to the car's wiring harness (costs a bomb to replace and takes ages to replace). Not to mention the safety issues like fire hazard, ecu failure associated with it.

AND/OR

2. This is the less serious issue where in the reflectors of the head lamps get damaged due to excess heat generated by the higher wattage bulbs.

Last edited by M5_fan : 26th June 2012 at 13:22.
M5_fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 13:56   #6801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Do you have an OEM HU? did you get a chance to check what is the maximum no of tracks you can play from USB? My experience on my car is 1062 irrespective of the size of the USB.
Yes, mine is an OEM HU. I have 1110 tracks on this stick. Tracks may be getting skipped. I have not checked on that.
Old 26th June 2012, 14:10   #6802
Senior - BHPian

Hey there,

The only oils that are approved for use in Ford Figo TDCi in India are from Shell, Castrol & Mobil, all of which are rated at 5W30 & an ACEA rating of A1/B1.

A lot of people use their own oils, but then its a choice that involves foregoing your warranty since Ford does not recommend using anything apart from the aforementioned engine oils.

The oils that Ford recommends are suitable enough & should hold good for about 8K at the very least since all of these are semi-synthetics.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Old 26th June 2012, 14:32   #6803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
It may have long term effects. This wattage is more than stock wattage and thus leads to more heat being generated in the wires as well as in the headlamps. Thus the consequences can be

1. Deterioration to the car's wiring harness (costs a bomb to replace and takes ages to replace). Not to mention the safety issues like fire hazard, ecu failure associated with it.

AND/OR

2. This is the less serious issue where in the reflectors of the head lamps get damaged due to excess heat generated by the higher wattage bulbs.
This is what happens if you use the stock holder. please get the holders changed to the Ceramic ones and you still dont need a relay.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-480069_10151060274986495_259099072_n.jpg  

desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 15:38   #6804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
This is what happens if you use the stock holder. please get the holders changed to the Ceramic ones and you still dont need a relay.
A noob question but is that due to the heat or due to the wiring points not able to handle the wattage?
What about the reflectors being blackened/melt down.
Also then I can assume Relays are not really required?
Old 26th June 2012, 16:08   #6805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
A noob question but is that due to the heat or due to the wiring points not able to handle the wattage?
What about the reflectors being blackened/melt down.
Also then I can assume Relays are not really required?
Due to the heat,

Just the Holder was burnt and there was virtually no damage to the wires just around 5mm of the tip of the wire was burnt. and please notice that i run my car for Hours on headlights on.

I normally do trips of around 6 hours on the go where the headlight are on for all the time.

Yes the Relays are not needed.
desideep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 16:29   #6806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
Hey there,

The only oils that are approved for use in Ford Figo TDCi in India are from Shell, Castrol & Mobil, all of which are rated at 5W30 & an ACEA rating of A1/B1.

A lot of people use their own oils, but then its a choice that involves foregoing your warranty since Ford does not recommend using anything apart from the aforementioned engine oils.

The oils that Ford recommends are suitable enough & should hold good for about 8K at the very least since all of these are semi-synthetics.

Drive safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika

Stick to FASS provided oil, its optimal and avoids warranty hassles.
The thing is, I am planning to keep the car for a long time. Hence the dilemma. Don't want to be the victim of FASS having to show lower maintenance costs. : ). Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 16:42   #6807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sticking to OEM oil for now probably makes best sense to keep your warranty intact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
I dont know much about after effects of upgrading to higher wattage, but on the same thread there have been lot discussions on this topic earlier and folks have suggested better bulb options from Philips and Osram with the same wattage. You can try that before changing holders etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Yes, mine is an OEM HU. I have 1110 tracks on this stick. Tracks may be getting skipped. I have not checked on that.
Let me know if you are able to get the player to read more than 1062 tracks. I have a 8Gb pendrive and 1000 odd tracks implies ~4Gb space.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2012, 17:02   #6808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m
There is an upgrade in headlight assembly in new face lift Figo. As the pictures show, the headlight reflector is in round shape and more focussed on road, the indicator sits in the below corner as it is in the fiesta classic(some what looks like old gen i20). So it will be good to wait for sometime if the new headlamps fits old Figo, there will be improvement to light focus. Else you need to add extra lights like Hella.
Hope you have fog lamps, else please do get them.
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 00:49   #6809
BHPian

After 1.8 years, finally managed to break my front mudflaps last week while driving on a water-logged road at slightly higher speeds that what was asked for.
Replaced both the front mudflaps at the A.S.S. and the bill came to 707/- including labour charges. You can get rubber flaps (set of 4) at local car accessories shops for 350/- but then you will have to get them to drill holes on the body to screw them on since the OEM flaps use clips. Though Ford had promised to come out with flexible mudflaps for the Figo, the A.S.S. is still unaware of any such new flaps coming out. I do not understand why Ford can't do that in spite of 70% of Figos running around with broken mudflaps.
jayded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2012, 11:12   #6810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
After 1.8 years, finally managed to break my front mudflaps last week while driving on a water-logged road at slightly higher speeds that what was asked for.
Replaced both the front mudflaps at the A.S.S. and the bill came to 707/- including labour charges. You can get rubber flaps (set of 4) at local car accessories shops for 350/- but then you will have to get them to drill holes on the body to screw them on since the OEM flaps use clips. Though Ford had promised to come out with flexible mudflaps for the Figo, the A.S.S. is still unaware of any such new flaps coming out. I do not understand why Ford can't do that in spite of 70% of Figos running around with broken mudflaps.
I guess it was just a matter of time. My car is 4months old but I think it wont be long before they give in. They scrape even on the small rubber type bumps usually present inside office campus. Ford in my opinion has been rather high handed in terms of fixing known issues on the car. Its been 2 yrs and still same set of complaints from everyone about mud flaps, front left rattle, rear right rattle. Ford what about the concept of continuous improvement ?? Good product does not mean you don't improve it any further. .

Btw, OT a colleague of mine bought White Diesel Titanium last week and it costed him ~7.35 lac OTR in Bangalore. That is almost 30K increase over what I payed in March before budget. Seems like Ford jacked up prices beyond just budget impact. Sales guy said there is another minor price revision coming up soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks