Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:16   #6781
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_83 View Post
Hi, Congrats on becoming Daddy...

Regarding the PS fluid, I had a similar issue last month and approached Kairali Ford for a top-up. After inspecting the vehicle, I was informed that the levels were fine (though PS fluid appeared just above the Minimum mark). The mech. told me that the levels are usually set between minimum and maximum and then he topped it up to the halfway point. I haven't noticed any changes in the levels since.

M_83.
Thanks, My steering rack was replaced before under partial warranty. Kairali & Ford says 185 profile tyres are the culprit.

Anyway, a slightly leaking hydraulic PS is better than EPS.
Skyline GT-R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2012, 13:34   #6782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Replaced the cabin light bulb with a led bulb. Got the bulb and a digital thermometer from dealextreme. The light is very bright but sometimes strains the eyes in dark! Looks cool from outside though.

After installation.. the led is not completely switched off in the middle (lights on when door open) position. It seems the bulb is lit but its super dim and only visible in night. But it gets completely switched off when the cabin light switch is in completely off mode. What could be the reason for this? Will it drain the battery?
nicee but does the dimming effect work with the LED? Do you have the titanium variant?
Old 23rd June 2012, 15:05   #6783
BHPian

Its EXi and yes, the dimming effect works on it. Though its not as smooth as the filament bulb.
Old 24th June 2012, 20:53   #6784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Congrats there buddy, hope you enjoy many happy miles on your Ford.

Do put up pictures, because like a lot of people around here say, you don't just announce the news of a new car without pictures.
I have just put up my ownership thread but here is the mandatory picture of my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-up2.jpg  

Old 24th June 2012, 21:41   #6785
BHPian

Congrats. The black color and the alloys look classic
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 06:45   #6786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok
Replaced the cabin light bulb with a led bulb. Got the bulb and a digital thermometer from dealextreme. The light is very bright but sometimes strains the eyes in dark! Looks cool from outside though.

After installation.. the led is not completely switched off in the middle (lights on when door open) position. It seems the bulb is lit but its super dim and only visible in night. But it gets completely switched off when the cabin light switch is in completely off mode. What could be the reason for this? Will it drain the battery?
I have the exact same problem with the light being on after i switched to leds. I though it was just some problem with my car but looks a generic figo problem. No battery issues so far - 1.5 yrs
Old 25th June 2012, 12:30   #6787
Senior - BHPian

This is how my figo looks after prjectors were installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-550687_10151059752621495_554397950_n.jpg  

desideep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 14:35   #6788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Looks great .. Where did you get those done? How much did it cost you? Do it have enough light?
Old 25th June 2012, 15:15   #6789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep
Thanks for sharing. Some more pic with closer look. Did you get the reflector blackened? Also price of entire set up. I think this voids warranty. Are you out of warranty period?
Old 25th June 2012, 16:39   #6790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Thanks for sharing. Some more pic with closer look. Did you get the reflector blackened? Also price of entire set up. I think this voids warranty. Are you out of warranty period?
HI this was a DIY, FXR 3.0 projector with some Korean H1 HID.

It cost us around 8K in all with the projectors being imported from USA. Still to check the final pricing.

Yes we painted the reflectors. The only sad thing was that after doing the whole setup we realized that we should have left the reflectors the way they were as there was no cutting or any thing of the reflector needed.
Old 25th June 2012, 20:39   #6791
Senior - BHPian

Now, this is precisely what I had thought after first looking at your install. The black background behind the projectors is something I personally didn't like, but that could be just me since it just looks very empty & as if there's a big void.

Anyhow, congrats & put up some pictures of the light throw at night so that all of us can have an idea on that aspect.

Quote:
The only sad thing was that after doing the whole setup we realized that we should have left the reflectors the way they were
Old 25th June 2012, 21:15   #6792
BHPian

Quote:
HI this was a DIY, FXR 3.0 projector with some Korean H1 HID.

It cost us around 8K in all with the projectors being imported from USA. Still to check the final pricing.

Yes we painted the reflectors. The only sad thing was that after doing the whole setup we realized that we should have left the reflectors the way they were as there was no cutting or any thing of the reflector needed.
It would be great if you can share more specific information regarding DIY.
Also, the details of HDI ordering site, I hope that it will be ebay ??. They sell almost anything these days.
Old 25th June 2012, 21:52   #6793
Senior - BHPian

Regarding DIY,

first thing was removing the Lights from the car which took a few bolts and screws from the bumper.

after that we had to heat up the sides of the light to remove the Front glass.

then removed the reflector (i dont know why but we did it we should not have.)

Painted the Reflector after sanding it.

Fit the projector and screw it from the back.

Fit the glass from the front

fit the light in the car and then fitted the HID's

the projectors were bought by a friend so not sure about the source.

in the whole procedure the usage of the heat gun and opening the and closing of the front glass is the toughest thing. if some one is charging you a couple of thousand rupees to do it for you. i think that its worth it getting it done.
Old 26th June 2012, 07:27   #6794
BHPian

30000Km service done last week. Costed 4697/-. The left front shocks were also changed under warranty for a rattling sound. The rt front shocks were changed for the same problem at 20K service. Except for a sound near the cabin light, all other sounds seems to have been settled for now. Touch wood.
Ipod updating was getting irritating, so I got a USB port also added. It is playing a 16 GB pendrive allright.
Old 26th June 2012, 10:33   #6795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I have the exact same problem with the light being on after i switched to leds. I though it was just some problem with my car but looks a generic figo problem. No battery issues so far - 1.5 yrs
I don't think its a problem related to the car. The normal bulb works as usual. The problem arises only in the led bulb (which is not an OEM). I am relived that even after 1.5 years, there are no problems in your car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks