Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 22:50   #6766
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Going in for 30000km service sometime this week.
The Figo's manual says :
Replace Engine oil, oil filter,sump plug gasket and fuel filter. I hope they are replacing the fuel filter.

At 20000kms, the manual says to replace brake and clutch fluid. But that was not done by service centre in my car. I was told that they are only topped up if found less. Should I insist on a changing this time or wait till 40000kms when both are supposed to be replaced next as per the manual ?
Old 18th June 2012, 23:00   #6767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pious_devil

I guess as rightly pointed out the diesel quality might not have been good and having its impact on the mileage. Or time to change the oil filter?
Hi.
I know my suggestion may sounf ridiculous but i got the same done at my second service and after a few tankfuls my mileage did improve as you can see in my earlier posts. I dont really know how that helped. But suggested it on the basis that it helped me too.
Yes probably the diesel quality but oil filter option sounds more realistic here. You are right maybe he should get a new one.
Old 19th June 2012, 00:53   #6768
BHPian

Got my Figo back after the free monsoon check-up @ Malayalam Ford Kochi (new dealer)

They have topped up the fluids, checked wheel alignment, washed & waxed the exterior & to my surprise updated the ECU software, which i had requested @ Kairali Ford during 20K & 30K service.

It was "unnecessary" then. Only Ford can explain how it became necessary now.

There was a regular missing while accelerating the car @ 40-50 kmph in 4th gear, now it is gone.
Old 19th June 2012, 01:50   #6769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline GT-R View Post
They have topped up the fluids
Does modern cars really require fluid top-up in between every service? What fluids did they top up? Washer fluid?
Quote:
waxed the exterior & updated the ECU software
Old 19th June 2012, 02:41   #6770
BHPian

Hello,

I got my Figo in the month of January 2012, as of now my odo says its 8450 Kms. I have got some recent problem, when car is running in the slow speed, especially when it is at 30 to 40 KM speed and at the 3 rd gear, sometime the engine is getting switched off. This happen to me 4 times till date. Did anyone face this issue before? Suggest me something on this. Initially I thought I did not press the Clutch but later I observed that I am pressing the clutch properly but somehow the engine is getting switched OFF. I am not a new driver, this is my second car and I have driving experience of car for more than 5 years.

Thank you

Note from Mod : Please use a notepad NOT word pad for copy pasting your comments OR you can directly type into Team-BHP editor and submit it.

Last edited by mobike008 : 19th June 2012 at 13:11.
Old 19th June 2012, 07:49   #6771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got my Figo back after the free monsoon check-up @ Malayalam Ford Kochi (new dealer)
Hey buddy, what is this monsoon check-up? Is it a pan-India thing or just something limited to your city? I ask because I would usually get mailers from Ford regarding such promotions or schemes but I haven't this time.

OT- Hey, still waiting for your car's pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Does modern cars really require fluid top-up in between every service? What fluids did they top up? Washer fluid?
I think even modern cars could require some top-up for fluids other than the washer fluid. It is quite normal for even a healthy & modern engine to consume a little bit of oil or coolant. Please correct me if my views appear wrong.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 19th June 2012 at 07:51.
Old 19th June 2012, 09:29   #6772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkothak View Post
Hello,
I got my Figo in the month of January 2012, as of now my odo says its 8450 Kms. I have got some recent problem, when car is running in the slow speed, especially when it is at 30 to 40 KM speed and at the 3 rd gear, sometime the engine is getting switched off. This happen to me 4 times till date. Did anyone face this issue before? Suggest me something on this. Initially I thought I did not press the Clutch but later I observed that I am pressing the clutch properly but somehow the engine is getting switched OFF. I am not a new driver, this is my second car and I have driving experience of car for more than 5 years.
Thank you
Kindly take it to the A.S.S. and tell them the problem. Your car's ECU needs to be updated with a latest firmware version which will solve the issue. This is a known issue in the Figo.
Old 19th June 2012, 17:38   #6773
BHPian

Quote:
Does modern cars really require fluid top-up in between every service?
Well mine does need a little PS fluid every 2000-3000 Kms because of wider tyres (according to Ford). I have noticed that even the Brake fluid needs a little top-up at times. It is not felt driving the car but close monitoring of the fluid level proves (at least in my Figo) that level does go down a little bit. No such problems noticed in earlier M800 retrofitted with booster though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey buddy, what is this monsoon check-up? Is it a pan-India thing or just something limited to your city? I ask because I would usually get mailers from Ford regarding such promotions or schemes but I haven't this time.
OT- Hey, still waiting for your car's pics
Monsoon check-up was between 11th-15th of June in Kochi @ Malayalam Ford (new dealer). I guess it is the dealer initiative to make Kairali Ford customers visit their premise & experience the better service.

Had sent the images to your Gmail ID on 29th May just before i took the wife to hospital for labor. Will resend again now.

OT: Have become daddy of a baby boy on 30th May. Wanted to name him "Shelby" but faced massive protests from each & everyone around.
Old 19th June 2012, 17:52   #6774
BHPian

Quote:
OT: Have become daddy of a baby boy on 30th May. Wanted to name him "Shelby" but faced massive protests from each & everyone around.
Congratulations!!.. "Shelby"?? haha i hope the kinda protest you got back from your surrounding for this suggestion doesn't ends you up in next bed in the hospital.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 20:29   #6775
Senior - BHPian

First of all, please accept my heartiest congratulations on becoming a father & good luck in trying to name your boy "Shelby"

Well, about the pictures, I don't think I ever got them. Let me resend you my email address but please, there's no hurry. Just take care of your family & newborn right now. We can share pictures later on & then you can also send the pictures of your boy

Quote:
Had sent the images to your Gmail ID on 29th May just before i took the wife to hospital for labor. Will resend again now.

blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 11:46   #6776
BHPian

Got the 30K service done at Chennai Ford service centre at Ambattur. They have recently shifted to a new, spacious premises. Walked in without appointment.

The charge was Rs 945 + S tax for service and consumables were charged extra. The major item was engine oil 4.1 lit. The total bill came to Rs.2509.00

During road test it was found by the SA that caliper pin needs to be replaced and the same was done under warranty. The SA said they have no information about improved head lamps. I also happened to see to a quality check list from Ford attached to the job card. It was quite elaborate starting from checking of functioning of dash board gauges and pretty much covers up all points that need to be checked including points to be checked during road test.

Overall a very satisfying experience.

Last edited by raju2512 : 21st June 2012 at 11:53.
Old 21st June 2012, 12:11   #6777
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
I think even modern cars could require some top-up for fluids other than the washer fluid. It is quite normal for even a healthy & modern engine to consume a little bit of oil or coolant. Please correct me if my views appear wrong.
Hi blackfire, while slight oil consumption in some engines are ok, its not normal at all for the others.

Quote:
Well mine does need a little PS fluid every 2000-3000 Kms because of wider tyres (according to Ford). I have noticed that even the Brake fluid needs a little top-up at times. It is not felt driving the car but close monitoring of the fluid level proves (at least in my Figo) that level does go down a little bit. No such problems noticed in earlier M800 retrofitted with booster though.
Again, as I mentioned before, PS oil will not reduce due to bigger tyres. It will reduce only if there is a leak in the system. Same with brake oil. Does these go down the minimum level?
Old 21st June 2012, 12:34   #6778
BHPian

Quote:
Again, as I mentioned before, PS oil will not reduce due to bigger tyres. It will reduce only if there is a leak in the system. Same with brake oil. Does these go down the minimum level?
PS oil reduces gradually and stays just above the MIN level.

Brake oil dips just below the MAX level after around 5Ks.

Both are not obvious while driving the car. No regular leaks whatsoever.
Old 22nd June 2012, 23:57   #6779
BHPian

Replaced the cabin light bulb with a led bulb. Got the bulb and a digital thermometer from dealextreme. The light is very bright but sometimes strains the eyes in dark! Looks cool from outside though.

After installation.. the led is not completely switched off in the middle (lights on when door open) position. It seems the bulb is lit but its super dim and only visible in night. But it gets completely switched off when the cabin light switch is in completely off mode. What could be the reason for this? Will it drain the battery?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0047.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0048.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-photo0050.jpg  

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 22nd June 2012 at 23:59.
Old 23rd June 2012, 11:26   #6780

Quote:
PS oil reduces gradually and stays just above the MIN level.
Hi, Congrats on becoming Daddy...

Regarding the PS fluid, I had a similar issue last month and approached Kairali Ford for a top-up. After inspecting the vehicle, I was informed that the levels were fine (though PS fluid appeared just above the Minimum mark). The mech. told me that the levels are usually set between minimum and maximum and then he topped it up to the halfway point. I haven't noticed any changes in the levels since.

M_83.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks