Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2012, 08:41   #6721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Apologies. It is the zxi. And the salesman justified the no rear power windows by saying, that in case of an emergency and the power windows fail, you just have to roll these down! Quite innovative selling I must say.
I don't think anyone older than 3 years can come out the rolled down windows. They roll only half way down.
Old 10th June 2012, 09:20   #6722
BHPian

Very true. But I don't think the lack of rear power windows should be a deal breaker. If they only go down 60%, they just require one turn of the handle.
Old 10th June 2012, 12:15   #6723
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
If they only go down 60%, they just require one turn of the handle.
Well, not exactly one turn of the handle but I agree, they're not really a bother to turn down all the way either.
Regards no rear power windows, it's a user preference thing. For me, it would actually be a deal maker!
Old 10th June 2012, 13:13   #6724
BHPian

Quote:
Just visited wasan ford today for the tdci vxi Figo. They are offering free insurance as well as a 10k corporate discount. I have fixed up for a test drive tomorrow but am seriously considering the Titanium version. The airbags and ABS should be worth the extra 60k.
Is this offer for diesel model ? Although you have mentioned tdci vxi, just to confirm again as vxi model is not in Figo.
In Bangalore, I was offered free parking sensors, seat covers, perfume and polish only for titanium diesel.
Can any one tell me how much parking sensors costs without display?
Old 10th June 2012, 17:12   #6725
BHPian

Quote:
Very true. But I don't think the lack of rear power windows should be a deal breaker. If they only go down 60%, they just require one turn of the handle.
I don't regret buying it and neither will you:-)
Old 10th June 2012, 18:57   #6726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Is this offer for diesel model ? Although you have mentioned tdci vxi, just to confirm again as vxi model is not in Figo.
In Bangalore, I was offered free parking sensors, seat covers, perfume and polish only for titanium diesel.
Can any one tell me how much parking sensors costs without display?
@Cochin, Parking sensors cost 2k. They will fix and paint the sensors to match bumber color .
Old 10th June 2012, 22:24   #6727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition

@Cochin, Parking sensors cost 2k. They will fix and paint the sensors to match bumber color .
Oh wow. Is this available on 2010 petrol zxi model? Also with what is the sensor paired inside the car to alert the driver?

Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 10:40   #6728
BHPian

Yes highoctance. It is for the zxi diesel. The same applies to the titanium as well. I am trying to push them a little further for the titanium and get my on road Mumbai to around 6.8 lacs. They will get back to me today.
Old 11th June 2012, 20:28   #6729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Yes highoctance. It is for the zxi diesel. The same applies to the titanium as well. I am trying to push them a little further for the titanium and get my on road Mumbai to around 6.8 lacs. They will get back to me today.
I have been quoted 6.80 for Titanium black panther ex Navi Mumbai. Seeing your quote I believe there is still some scope of negotiation. Is 6.8 ex Mumbai that you are getting with octroi or without octroi?
Old 12th June 2012, 01:42   #6730
BHPian

It's with octroi. But they have not agreed yet. 7 is what they are stuck at. Hopefully will get them to come down considering the facelifted version will be out in 3 to 4 months
Old 12th June 2012, 02:59   #6731
BHPian

@Shadow - they may also use the impeding tax on diesel cars here

Or they have another buyer pick it up at the price they want to sell, I lost on a great deal on the Chevy Beat, I ended up buying the Figo, a better car.
Old 13th June 2012, 21:40   #6732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Oh wow. Is this available on 2010 petrol zxi model? Also with what is the sensor paired inside the car to alert the driver?

Thanks
I am not sure about the present rates and mode of fixtures, Parking sensors were offered to me @2k when I was buying Figo last October, Sales agent told me that its sound alert system. Like it will beep, beep if there was no obstacle or if the obstacle was far away, it will beep continuously if there is any obstacle.

I think these sensors can be fixed on any variant of the vehicle, no matter if its petrol or diesel. It must work :-)
limited-edition is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 21:22   #6733
Team-BHP Support

Few kids have done some mischief with my Car's rear wiper and it wipes just 20% of the area and then goes below the glass area.

Will I have to take it to a Ford a.s.s or any competent mechanic will do?
Old 15th June 2012, 21:31   #6734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Few kids have done some mischief with my Car's rear wiper and it wipes just 20% of the area and then goes below the glass area.

Will I have to take it to a Ford a.s.s or any competent mechanic will do?
You will have to open the hatch plastic cladding and then realign the wiper motor.

That reminds me, need to get my Figo's rear wiper blade changes. It's not wiping properly.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 22:40   #6735
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo facelift to come with keyless entry and Stop/Start feature read on Ford Figo facelift to come with keyless entry and Stop/Start feature | Latest Autos & Car News | OnCars.in

Most Viewed