Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2012, 09:41   #6706
BHPian

One of the dealer in Bangalore is offering me Figo TDCI Titanium with free parking sensor, mats, mudflaps, seatcovers, perfume, full polish.
My question, is it worth waiting for face lifted figo or to buy now itself as our petrolium minister last week again raised th issue on increasing excise duty for diesel models.
A person in Ford factory has confirmed that there are 3 Figos with new colours heavily taped for headlights and rear lights and curtains tucked to the glasses. No changes in engine and bumper. He said it may take atleast 3 months to lauch facelifted Figo.
Still in dilemma to go for Figo titanium or Swift Vdi. Did any of you Figo owners later regret buying Figo over Swift ?

Last edited by HighOctane : 7th June 2012 at 09:45.
Old 7th June 2012, 10:00   #6707
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
One of the dealer in Bangalore is offering me Figo TDCI Titanium with free parking sensor, mats, mudflaps, seatcovers, perfume, full polish....Did any of you Figo owners later regret buying Figo over Swift ?
Thats a nice deal IMO. Try to get free 3rd year warranty too, you might get it under some corporate plan. Most importantly check the VIN number and verify that a older manufactured/TDed model is not passed off. And I dont regret going for Figo one bit.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 18:22   #6708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane
One of the dealer in Bangalore is offering me Figo TDCI Titanium with free parking sensor, mats, mudflaps, seatcovers, perfume, full polish.
Still in dilemma to go for Figo titanium or Swift Vdi. Did any of you Figo owners later regret buying Figo over Swift ?
My Swift Vdi is 4 years old. My Figo exi is 1 month old. Love them both. But the major difference is in weight of the door panels. Figo is solid whereas Swift is lighter. I don't think you'll regret buying a Figo. Do it !
sunsetorange is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 23:40   #6709
BHPian

Quote:
One of the dealer in Bangalore is offering me Figo TDCI Titanium with free parking sensor, mats, mudflaps, seatcovers, perfume, full polish...
Every car had its piece of cons and pros, So its basically You need to decide what you want from the car.

If you need good After sale service and good resale value, Swift it is and stay away from Figo.

If you need a Driver's car with good handling and solid feel Figo it will be and stay away from Swift.

And there is a lot of discussion going on in team-bhp regarding brake system design issues with Swift LDI and VDI. If you want to go for Swift i think you need to extend your budget for ZDI.

Yes, Finance ministry is taking this again don't know whether they have the courage to make any DECISION ever .

And.. i never regret my decision on buying the Figo

Last edited by DRIVE_ADDICT : 7th June 2012 at 23:42. Reason: Missed the main point
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 08:31   #6710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT
I have got outside smell (if strong odour outside) coming inside the cabin in recirculating mode.

For example, while waiting at signals i dont find any odour of vehicles smoke inside cabin, but while passing through heavy smoke (smoke from burning garbages) i can smell the odour inside. Is this normal? or anybody experienced it?
I get it as well. However, it should be mild. Check your rear windows - they sometimes roll down a crack and hence the smoke enters the cabin. The rear window fix never fully worked.
rohing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 11:18   #6711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I get it as well. However, it should be mild. Check your rear windows - they sometimes roll down a crack and hence the smoke enters the cabin. The rear window fix never fully worked.
I guess Ford has nailed it down, recently my Figo went for its second service (10019 KM). Me reported the window roll-down issue along with other rattles. Service guy told me that Ford has found the fix and sent a how to fix this notice to every service center.

They took a whole day to complete the service, when I went to pick the car next day, I tried to roll-down the rear window and it felt little-bit tighter than normal. I complained about the same, service guy told me that the fix is done by adding some additional beading to the rear glass. Thats why its appearing to bit tighter than normal.

Honestly I don't mind that the rear glass is bit hard to roll-down, I prefer the hardness than the roll-down issue. For me the fix is working well, I have already traveled around 200km after the fix, rear glass is holding up :-) .
limited-edition is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 13:52   #6712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT
And there is a lot of discussion going on in team-bhp regarding brake system design issues with Swift LDI and VDI. If you want to go for Swift i think you need to extend your budget for ZDI.
Yes, Swift LDi and VDi has poor brakes and is very spongy. There is another issue including ZDi, which is brake becoming rock hard and donot apply while riding on half clutch in slow moving trafficc & while reversing. During half clutch mode, if we brake 2-3 times, the brakes do not get enough vaccum to brake boosters and becomes rock solid. This should be a manufacturing or new brake design fault which Maruti is not accepting.

Yesterday TDed figo tdci and impressed with the inside space engine, steering feel and brakes, though engine was not as peppy and refined as swift and diesel clatter was pronounced a bit. TheTD vehicle had little rattling noice in left side of dash. Was not able to test the handling and stability of the car as there was traffic on the road. Surprisingly the Stereo was good, which I did not expect.

Its decided Figo is my next car, but yet to decide on Current Figo or New Figo which is going to be released by Aug-Sep.

Last edited by HighOctane : 8th June 2012 at 13:54.
Old 8th June 2012, 14:38   #6713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
I have got outside smell (if strong odour outside) coming inside the cabin in recirculating mode.

For example, while waiting at signals i dont find any odour of vehicles smoke inside cabin, but while passing through heavy smoke (smoke from burning garbages) i can smell the odour inside. Is this normal? or anybody experienced it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
That happens in my figo too. Especially when there is a garbage truck right ahead or the general area smells bad, some amount of smell creeps in. But even in our i10, the same thing happens.
In fact, in the figo, I have noticed that in the mornings, if the car is not sufficiently warmed up and I rev the engine to reach highway speeds, I can smell that slight diesel stench inside the car.The latter did not happen after I idle the engine for a couple of minutes before taking out.
For the former, I don't know if there is any permanent solution that I am aware of though switching off the AC for a minute seemed to help a little.
Its normal guys. It happens on my Ikon and Figo both. One of the service advisers had told me that in recirculation mode the system still allows 5-10% fresh air to avoid suffocation and other issues. Its present in other brands like honda, skoda etc also.

Quote:
Yes, Swift LDi and VDi has poor brakes and is very spongy. There is another issue including ZDi, which is brake becoming rock hard and donot apply while riding on half clutch in slow moving trafficc & while reversing. During half clutch mode, if we brake 2-3 times, the brakes do not get enough vaccum to brake boosters and becomes rock solid. This should be a manufacturing or new brake design fault which Maruti is not accepting.

Yesterday TDed figo tdci and impressed with the inside space engine, steering feel and brakes, though engine was not as peppy and refined as swift and diesel clatter was pronounced a bit. TheTD vehicle had little rattling noice in left side of dash. Was not able to test the handling and stability of the car as there was traffic on the road. Surprisingly the Stereo was good, which I did not expect.

Its decided Figo is my next car, but yet to decide on Current Figo or New Figo which is going to be released by Aug-Sep.
I can assure, you will not regret buying Figo over Swift after you look at it from an overall package standpoint. From what i read, looks like new figo will be more of cosmetic upgrade with largely untouched interiors and engine. If this gets you better bargain on older Figo then go for it. New one might have slight price increase as well.
Old 8th June 2012, 15:58   #6714
BHPian

Quote:
If you can wait and ready to pay a slightly increased price (i guess price will also be increased during facelift) then you can wait for the facelift. When i heard about the face lift and new color options for figo in near future, the news let me down a bit since i bought the car just 3 months back. Current Figo only have fewer color options which was a let down for me. I wish Figo to have more color options like Ritz.
Old 8th June 2012, 16:08   #6715
Senior - BHPian

If you are OK with the current Figo, and are willing to wait until September, then I would suggest you go to a showroom on the day of launch of facelifted Figo and get a bargain basement deal on the current (old) Figo in stock with the dealer.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 8th June 2012 at 16:09. Reason: clarity
Old 8th June 2012, 16:42   #6716
BHPian

With all you guy's suggestions, I'll try to ask corporate discount of 10K on ex-showroom price along with freebies.
Old 10th June 2012, 00:22   #6717
BHPian

Just visited wasan ford today for the tdci vxi Figo. They are offering free insurance as well as a 10k corporate discount. I have fixed up for a test drive tomorrow but am seriously considering the Titanium version. The airbags and ABS should be worth the extra 60k.
Old 10th June 2012, 06:40   #6718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow View Post
Just visited wasan ford today for the tdci vxi Figo. They are offering free insurance as well as a 10k corporate discount. I have fixed up for a test drive tomorrow but am seriously considering the Titanium version. The airbags and ABS should be worth the extra 60k.
Sure you went checking Ford Figo or something from MSIL stable? There is no VXi in figo. Its ZXi And yeah TIT is the way to go if you can afford.
Old 10th June 2012, 08:34   #6719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Just visited wasan ford today seriously considering the Titanium version. The airbags and ABS should be worth the extra 60k.
It is definitely worth it. The only drawback in a Figo would be no rear power windows.
Old 10th June 2012, 08:37   #6720
BHPian

Apologies. It is the zxi. And the salesman justified the no rear power windows by saying, that in case of an emergency and the power windows fail, you just have to roll these down! Quite innovative selling I must say.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks