Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2012, 23:04   #6616
BHPian

Friends has anyone done any mods on their petrol ecus? Racedynamics seems to have a tuning box for petrol engines. Has anyone tried it out on their figos yet? I am kind of interested in that product but apprehensive since most tuning boxes I know of come for diesel engines. Correct me if im wrongs and advise too

Thanks.
Old 9th May 2012, 08:28   #6617
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Hey Guys, am getting my FIGO delivered this week. The VIN suggests that it was produced in the last few days of March 2012. Is it OK to accept the car?
Old 9th May 2012, 09:02   #6618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Friends has anyone done any mods on their petrol ecus? Racedynamics seems to have a tuning box for petrol engines. Has anyone tried it out on their figos yet? I am kind of interested in that product but apprehensive since most tuning boxes I know of come for diesel engines. Correct me if im wrongs and advise too

Thanks.
Cosworth India has ECU remaps for Figo. Check that out. Costs around 16K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Hey Guys, am getting my FIGO delivered this week. The VIN suggests that it was produced in the last few days of March 2012. Is it OK to accept the car?
It should be pretty much okay. Are you worried about any particular thing?
akshay380 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 09:18   #6619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
It should be pretty much okay. Are you worried about any particular thing?
Thanks akshay, I forgot mention that I booked the car in the third week of may. Nothing really in particular. I just had a conception that since its Diesel, even month old car should be thoroughly checked before getting it registered.
Old 9th May 2012, 13:29   #6620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Do keep me in loop. Will PM you my cell number if you dont have it.
Sure thing. We can PM and decide on a date to meet. KiloAlpha was interested as well., so that is four 1.2 Ford's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Since you get it done in Lingrajpuram we should meet sonetime during your next service 20k service i think. I usually have mine done at St Marks Road. For modifications I am just waiting for my extended warranty to get over. If the mods didnt change your mileage I guess every petrol Figo owner can try them out. I had got in touch with RR but they had given me a quote of 89k for the power boost etc mods with yhe dyno tests. So kinda backed out for the time being.
Yes, RRP is expensive compared to other places that do the same work. But, their work and quality of parts used are good and they will standby any issues caused thereafter . I did check with them for the Turbo drive after I got the Power Drive done. The mechanic I deal with did not look very convincing about that mod since Figo is a car they have not worked on and mine was the first they did the Power Drive mod on.
They have worked on 1.6 Fiesta's which they say fly even higher after the mods due to the displacement although it is the same downscaled engine that the Figo has.

The mod's did not change the efficiency one bit which was what I was a bit worried about since the car as it is was not a high effeciency car. And that is even with high rev driving as well.
I did the mod mainly for the power increase which was minimal, however I am addicted to the exhaust note now more than the power upgrade.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2012, 21:54   #6621
BHPian

i upgraded my figos poor headlights to philips extreme vision and very happy to see the differnce. i went to lathangi ford and got the job done free of cost in less than 10 minutes. i caught hold of the accessories/sales guy and then showed him the 3M sunfilm that he had put when the car was purchased and narrowed to the bubble in the rear glass. he offered to replace, voila i also asked him to replace the left front and rear and they did free of cost.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:37   #6622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Chariot View Post
i upgraded my figos poor headlights to philips extreme vision and very happy to see the differnce. i went to lathangi ford and got the job done free of cost in less than 10 minutes. i caught hold of the accessories/sales guy and then showed him the 3M sunfilm that he had put when the car was purchased and narrowed to the bubble in the rear glass. he offered to replace, voila i also asked him to replace the left front and rear and they did free of cost.
Is it a higher spec bulbs? or the same spec? I heard newer batches comes with better bulb, Mine belongs to newer batch but i feel the headlamp is in-sufficient. Is it a white bulb or normal one with higher spec? I'am eagerly waiting to upgrade headlamps as well as horns. If i can do it with ford's service centre it will be nice.
Old 10th May 2012, 12:50   #6623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Is it a higher spec bulbs? or the same spec? I heard newer batches comes with better bulb, Mine belongs to newer batch but i feel the headlamp is in-sufficient. Is it a white bulb or normal one with higher spec? I'am eagerly waiting to upgrade headlamps as well as horns. If i can do it with ford's service centre it will be nice.
Even I am curious to know about the bulbs. As long as its same wattage there should be no issues replacing or with warranty. Personally I am ok with the stock headlights. They had limited reach even at highest point, so during my 1st service I asked the service center to raise the headlights a bit more than usual, now the throw is far enough for me.

Regarding horn I have upgraded to Skoda type manf by Bosch. the dual horn itself costed around 600/-. Showroom will not install it due to warranty issues but they are ok as long as you get a clean install without any wire cuts. My installer did complete new wiring with relay from the battery and used a crimp tool to tap into the existing wire for trigger from steering switch. Should not affect warranty I think.
Old 10th May 2012, 16:06   #6624
BHPian

Has anybody upgraded to 90/100W on Figo recently?
I had read somewhere in the forum that its not possible to do without puncturing the headlamp assembly, since ceramic holders wont fit into it and the height level adjustor wont work afterwards.

PS: Couldn't find much information on this, so posting.
Old 10th May 2012, 16:35   #6625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Has anybody upgraded to 90/100W on Figo recently?
I had read somewhere in the forum that its not possible to do without puncturing the headlamp assembly, since ceramic holders wont fit into it and the height level adjustor wont work afterwards.

PS: Couldn't find much information on this, so posting.
Yes, my car is running 90/100 bulbs with a relay fixed.
I don't remember clearly since its more than 18 months since it was done.
But, yes there was a rubber piece which was cut or discarded so the bulb would fit . The fog lamps I have look brighter head on when both are switched on. But it did make a difference because the stock lamps were like candles.

Since you have mentioned about the headlamp level switch, I remember once I was adjusting it and the corresponding lamp movement was very slow or did not move at all. So I parked the car in front of a wall and adjusted it one click at a time slowly till I got the right level and did not touch it after that.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 17:02   #6626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, my car is running 90/100 bulbs with a relay fixed.
I I parked the car in front of a wall and adjusted it one click at a time slowly till I got the right level and did not touch it after that.
Thanks for the info. Did you fix the ceramic holders or are they running on the stock ones. Have you done any long night trips? how was the performance on highways, did the assembly/holders got heated up? Any particular brand/ or shop you got it done.
Btw, do you have company fitted fog or aftermarket?
Old 10th May 2012, 19:33   #6627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Thanks for the info. Did you fix the ceramic holders or are they running on the stock ones. Have you done any long night trips? how was the performance on highways, did the assembly/holders got heated up? Any particular brand/ or shop you got it done.
Btw, do you have company fitted fog or aftermarket?
They are running stock holders and no issues of melting as of now.
Yes, I have done a few early morning departures and the updgraded bulbs did make a difference, that is with a windshield film stuck, so it would be brightier than what I think it is.
I got it done at a shop in Koramangala, and the bulbs were Philips and the relay from Hella .
The fogs are company fitted., the one on the bumper.
Old 10th May 2012, 19:59   #6628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
i upgraded to philips extreme vision 55/60 H4, the standard size. i adjusted the headlights to 1 position and it is much better now. i am very happy with the diffrence that it made. it is normal orange light and the throw is better. i suggest you get it done with the ford service guys as they know it better.
Sweet Chariot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2012, 17:54   #6629
BHPian

Anyone from Chennai did aftermarket horn upgrade for Figo with relay and without voiding warranty? If so, Please provide the info' about the installer's where about.
Old 14th May 2012, 11:54   #6630
Senior - BHPian

All, I have this alignment behavior on my car for which I need some feedback based on your experience. On my Figo I notice that my car doesnt have a neutral steering behavior, it has a tendency to drift to the left. I understand that its normal cause road will always have a incline to the left, but somehow it seems more than just normal . My observation is that when I leave the steering wheel the car goes straight for 5-10 sec after which it drifts left. As per dealership its normal behavior and if alignment is off, it would instantly drift left and they checked it as well. Same behavior on my Ikon is lot more neutral. The car continues straight for long duration before the left drift happens and I rarely need to make any corrections on the steering wheel. Thoughts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks