Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 08:37   #6601
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
As you can see The software disregards the partial fill ups and the kilometres covered with that. My mileage has decreased with the last few fill ups which would have increased if the software was faulty

]
Hi, Do you use a galaxy note?. what is this software?......
Old 7th May 2012, 10:18   #6602
Senior - BHPian

Hey Folks, I have a feb '12 Figo and I have noticed this behavior on the HU where it does not resume from the same music track where I would have switched off the car. Mostly it starts from the previous track that i was listening to and at times its even more random. This seems to be mainly happening with the USB and not with CD. anyone has similar experience or observation?
Old 7th May 2012, 10:35   #6603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
When car is with dad I see DTE at around 550kms. When I drive around ~200 and then tank it up, DTE goes up to 591-598kms.
Dude, I seriously need to take lessons from you in efficient driving. I try to drive sedately but that doesnt happen in Figo as my place has lot of twisty roads.
Haha. Ive myself learnt from the experiences of others. The basic trick is to Upshift early to keep the revs in the 2500rpm range. Above 3000rpm mileage decreases considerably, but the rush that we get at those revs counterbalances the mileage

What I learnt is a lot of factors go into increasing the mileage and not just keeping the revs low.
I learnt that since ours is hydraulic steering, every turn of the steering wheel puts pressure on the engine, thereby more fuel consumption. So now Ive kept my turning the wheels to a minimum when its not necessary to, I avoid.

Also drafting and drag reduction work in real day to day life than just Formula 1. In our Figo, the benefits of drafting are noticeable at triple digit speeds. Trying to draft below that, is only wasting time
To observe this, Try going over 100kmph on the highway and keep your eye on the rev counter.
i. In the first situation, try driving over 100 without any vehicles ahead of you.
ii. In the second case drive over 100 and with vehicle ahead of you. Please make sure there is quite a gap between the two vehicles just so that a mishap can be avoided in emergency situation.

Try observing the revs in both cases. You'll notice that its lower for the same speeds while drafting. Lower rpm = Lower effort of engine= Increased mileage.

Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Hi, Do you use a galaxy note?. what is this software?
Yes I do use a galaxy note. If you are using the same phone, to take a screenshot, take out the S pen and while pressing the button on the S pen tap once on the screen. You'll hear a sound much like the camera shutter sound.
Alternatively, you can place the edge of your palm at one end of the screen and move it towards the other end. That is the gesture for the screenshot. You can see all these tips in the galaxy note tutorial video on your phone
Old 7th May 2012, 10:38   #6604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

So sorry to hear that mate. If you are friendly with your SA he may get you a single piece easily. Or else head over to any accesories shop they can sell it for very less prices. I tried searching online for the prices but couldnt find the online catalogue.
And the hubcaps of the figo are same as that of the fiesta classic
Thanks for the taking the pain in searching online for me. Im enjoying this kind of benefits of being Team-BHP-ian .

I will check with the SA here in Chennai Ford. If i couldn't i will hunt in accesories shop.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:12   #6605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT

Thanks for the taking the pain in searching online for me. Im enjoying this kind of benefits of being Team-BHP-ian .

I will check with the SA here in Chennai Ford. If i couldn't i will hunt in accesories shop.
You are welcome. Id suggest it better to go for the accesory shops option as you can get much better looking ones at very less price.
The third option would be to steal it off some ford car : which is probably where the accesory shops get them from.
Cheers!!
Old 7th May 2012, 14:24   #6606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash

Hi, Do you use a galaxy note?. what is this software?......
If u were asking about the app. Its called FUEL LOG (or FUEL LOG PRO which is without ads. Have been using for a couple of months, highly recommended!
Old 7th May 2012, 15:10   #6607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT

Is it possible to get single wheel cap from Ford Service centre? or do i need to buy it in set of four? Any body knew the cost?
You can get the single wheel cap at Ford dealer or service centre. Expensive but, costs somewhere around 700-800 for a single one. I had to replace twice after loosing it to the potholes on NH 66

Last edited by Deep Blue : 7th May 2012 at 15:13.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 17:14   #6608
BHPian

@ Drive Addict, someone is giving away figo wheel caps in the Giveaway Thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2769588

Guess I clicked the save button more than once, Mods please delete the additional posts

Last edited by neofromcapone : 7th May 2012 at 17:18. Reason: MODS Attention
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 18:35   #6609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
You can get the single wheel cap at Ford dealer or service centre. Expensive but, costs somewhere around 700-800 for a single one. I had to replace twice after loosing it to the potholes on NH 66

thatz the point mate. If the wheel caps cost 700-800 for a single one then i really wonder the price for other accessories as well. What is the benefit of localization if one cannot get the spares and accessories at cheap prices. Same is the case with GM. A simple windscreen costing rs 8000 for spark and a rear view mirror-non body coloured costing rs 1000 is way beyond what the industry expects. Moreover, American cars are built to last maximum of 3 years after that all are prone to problems. This is really a sad part. otherwise all is well.
Old 7th May 2012, 18:39   #6610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
@ Drive Addict, someone is giving away figo wheel caps in the Giveaway Thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2769588

Guess I clicked the save button more than once, Mods please delete the additional posts
Thanks for the info, Looked at that, but unfortunately that friendly BHP-ian is at banglore and he prefers to get it from his home. Im in chennai :-(. No plan in near future for Bangy trip and my cousin who stayed in Bangy is also out of town :-(.
Old 8th May 2012, 12:26   #6611
BHPian

For those who came to this thread especially during decision making process on your Diesel hatch hunt, If you think of Figo TDCI, here is my few cents.

As an owner of TDCI i just listed out the +Ves and -Ves of Figo TDCI in my own perspectives.

+ves:
1. Figo TITANIUM is the best VFM diesel hatch with all its features.
2. Amazing highway handler. Cornering gives you comfort like never before.
3. Superb visibility, Feel like sitting inside glass house.
4. Spacious interior.
5. Spacious boot.
6. Nice Audio system.
7. Ease to drive inside city, as the turbo kicks in as early as 1200 RPM.
8. Engine felt butter smooth at 80-100 Km/h cruising.

-ves:
1. Poor headlights even adding fog lamps will not be useful
2. Poor horns, recent batches comes with single horn will not be an earfull :-) for our indian citizens at roads
3. There is no actual bumper (front and back), what you have is just a virtual bumper.
A frontal impact will directly hit air dam. If some vehicle hit from back it will bang at your hatch door first.
4. Fewer known issues (C-Pillar rattling/squeaks, Window roll down at rear doors, Engine shuts down while decelarating from high speed)
5. No head rest / No power windows for rear seat.
6. Not a Peppy engine. (One need to slot right gear to keep the pace)

Few other miscelleneous points:
1. GC is no more an issue with newer Figos (from 2012 batches). When you take a TD and if you encounter this GC issue, then the TD vehicle might probably belongs to post 2012 batch.
2. Few of the -ves (Poor horn, C-Pillar rattling, window roll down at rear doors) which i have mentioned above has been corrected by fellow bhp-ians, search this thread, it contains great source of information and this thread got updates very frequently. (Thanks to all the fellow bhp-ians)
3. Engine shut down issues (used to happen with few Figos) will be fixed by software upgrade and i believe newer batches doesn't have this issue. (I couldn't comment it confirmly as like GC issue, cos i just did 2.5k on my ODO so its too early to comment/confirm)
4. Mileage is something which is on debate by Figo-ians, for few of them it gives exceptional mileage. For some, they feel Figo TDCI is not fuel effiecient. I guess the avg mileage is 14-16 kmpl inside city and on highways 18-20.
Mileage is purely depending on driving pattern, road condition, fuel used etc.

Few ownership thread which im glued in before my purchase

GemiThomas's (We have to thank him for keep updating his thread, Right from his acquisition till today. Contains great source of info)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-update.html

For people who like to know how to spice-up Figo can go through this ownership report thread of 'kingofmyworld'
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-titanium.html

If you wants to spice up the Figo TDCI's power, Here is figo_mba's thread with info on RaceChip
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ford-figo.html
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2012, 12:43   #6612
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Few other miscelleneous points:
1. GC is no more an issue with newer Figos (from 2012 batches). When you take a TD and if you encounter this GC issue, then the TD vehicle might probably belongs to post 2012 batch.

3. Engine shut down issues (used to happen with few Figos) will be fixed by software upgrade and i believe newer batches doesn't have this issue. (I couldn't comment it confirmly as like GC issue, cos i just did 2.5k on my ODO so its too early to comment/confirm)
1. Can you tell us how the GC issues have been fixed in the newer Figo's? I haven't heard of any news about this fix.

3. Software upgrade is already available. I had upgraded in november to the upgraded software and 6 months down I have not faced the stalling issue even once.
Old 8th May 2012, 13:00   #6613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
1. Can you tell us how the GC issues have been fixed in the newer Figo's? I haven't heard of any news about this fix.
I don't exactly know the fix.

I just made this comment after comparing mine with my coleague's initial batch figo. His Figo used to scrap a speed braker on a road behind our office with just 2 people. I tested mine with 4 people on board it never scarapped, i also approached the hump a bit faster (for testing) no it didn't scrapped.

I even check the tyre pressure on the same day, My coleague's figo got 32 psi on all four tyres and mine is only 30 psi.

And once i do made an extreme test with 6 people (squeezed in)on board . Mine doesn't scrapped any speed brakers on road. but with 6 people i do encounter the humps a bit carefull.
Old 8th May 2012, 17:29   #6614
Senior - BHPian

I think ground clearance is relative to what you compare against and size of the speed breakers . I have a Feb '12 Figo and I dont find the GC extra ordinary compared against to my Ikon, its actually slightly less than Ikon. However compared against a Honda City its definitely good enough. From my personal experience in Bangalore I can manage not to scrape as long as I am careful and go over speed breakers real slow, anything faster and chances are high that the bottom scrapes as the suspension gives in. Usually results in a harsh thud.
Old 8th May 2012, 22:59   #6615
BHPian

Im not comparing GC of Figo with other cars, and my comment in post is also specific that GC is improved compared to older batches. Its not just my coleague's Figo which scraps the speed brakers, The one which i TDed also scrapped almost all speed brakers inside my apartment campus. Now mine doesn't scrap any of them. Thats why i made this comment precise.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks