Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 03:36   #6586
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

DTE showing 900!!. WOW those are some amazing FEs. Let me wait for 5K run then for increase in FE.

Today got call from Ford dealership survey team. She asked "sir you bought Figo from us last month so how is the vehcile performance, are you facing any problem with vehcile". I was reading team bhp Figo thread on DTE /FE by then. I thought "okay let me give proper feedback" told all these points.

1. Sales Person used to tell me that mileage would be 20 plus in Mangalore but i get only 16. Why is that so
2. There are some small rust in some parts of engine compartment. May be superficial, I want to know why is it so
3. There are squeaks (she asked what is that sir). i told C pillar is making sound. She said "oh okay sir" as if she is familir with that issue. Looks like many have reported it
4. She asked "how is AC, grip, cabin noise and all sir" i said " AC is good but tyres are noisy. when on highway i keep gutting this tyre noise. The MRF tyres are noisy, plus your warranty clause says "tyre upgrade and suspension warranty is void". How can you expect car be silent.
5. Front door dosnt close easily. Have to shut it little hard.

She told okay sir, please get car to A.S.S, and we will look at the car and problems. Sir any one of your friends, family planning to buy hatch, please refer us". I told "how i can refer you now. There are some friends/relatives who showed interest in Figo. But when they heard mileage of 16 compare to MJD in RItz etc they tell its better to buy Ritz. Later i sadi "You guys solve above mentioned problem, then i will give them confiudant replies"

She told, yes sir we have notred down all the points and i will be forwarding these to our manager. He will be calling you to discus and solve these problems"

Lets see how it goes. Will keep updated with respsone from dealership
Old 5th May 2012, 04:28   #6587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Nope mine is petrol zxi 2010 version. 15000kms on the clock.

My DTE on fillup shows 754kms with autocut. And if i fill bit more it shows around 780kms.only once it has shown around 800 when i was doing highway trip for a few days and had kept filling xtra premium petrol. But ive learnt not to rely on that.

But that is nothing when compared to a diesel figo. My colleague has the diesel version and his DTE shows 900 and on highway runs even more. So thats a bit disappointing from the petrol car point of view.

My last full tank that was yesterday the dte showed 745kms and i did a run of around 100 kms airport highway and city centre included and my dte shows now 684 kms.
In city with ac mileage is very damn less. :
DTE like you said is not reliable at all. I check my mileage with tankful to tankful method and top up every time.
A petrol Figo with 15kmpl+ in city is unbelievable. I suggest you run a tankful by topping up and calculating the mileage the traditional way and share the same .

Ford petrols in India as far as I know were either for power or Torque. Efficiency does not come into Ford Petrols book.
Old 5th May 2012, 05:24   #6588
BHPian

Hi all! I booked a Diamond White Figo Tdci exi on 24/april 2012 and got delivery on 25 april! This is my second car and primarily for my wife. The first is a Swift Vdi (2008) in sunlight copper. We are happy with both cars.

Pros of Swift WRT Figo -
1. Zips around in traffic
2. Ground clearance
3. Maruti service! The level of customizing they allow - they fit headlight kits with relays, ceramic holders and 100/90 W bulbs and also horn relays and more powerful horns - How I wish Ford do it too!
4. The driver's seat - so comfortable

Cons-
1. suspension felt good, but after going around in the Figo, feels very hard.
2. EPS has no feel when compared to the good old hydraulic power steering
3. boot space

I am least interested in the DTE feature, I go by the quarter tank rule- if the needle reaches quarter tank, fill.

The headlights are woefully inadequate . What were they smoking when they designed them? Has anyone fixed relays, ceramic holders and 130/100W bulbs? Please advise ...
Old 5th May 2012, 09:41   #6589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian
DTE like you said is not reliable at all. I check my mileage with tankful to tankful method and top up every time.
A petrol Figo with 15kmpl+ in city is unbelievable. I suggest you run a tankful by topping up and calculating the mileage the traditional way and share the same .

Ford petrols in India as far as I know were either for power or Torque. Efficiency does not come into Ford Petrols book.
Sir my post earlier to that say that Ive calculated.mileage by tankful to tankful method. And its with that i get 17kmpl.

Here is my data.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-forumrunner_20120505_093152.png
As you can see The software disregards the partial fill ups and the kilometres covered with that. My mileage has decreased with the last few fill ups which would have increased if the software was faulty.

And it gives the exact mileage. I dont regard the Dte at all. Except to see if i am drving efficiently or not. Like when im driving i keep switching between DTE and TRIP to see if im not wasting petrol.

Hope this helps.

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-forumrunner_20120505_092954.png
Parthasarathig is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 14:37   #6590
BHPian

Quote:
Sir my post earlier to that say that Ive calculated.mileage by tankful to tankful method. And its with that i get 17kmpl.

Here is my data.

Attachment 923834
As you can see The software disregards the partial fill ups and the kilometres covered with that. My mileage has decreased with the last few fill ups which would have increased if the software was faulty.

And it gives the exact mileage. I dont regard the Dte at all. Except to see if i am drving efficiently or not. Like when im driving i keep switching between DTE and TRIP to see if im not wasting petrol.

Hope this helps.

Attachment 923833
That is some mileage figures for a petrol Figo.
I have not followed ur posts but your running is mostly highways is it?

And just out of curiosity, based on your average cost/day and the Avg Mileage, I arrived at a running of 51.2Km/day. Thats quite a lot of running for a petrol. Any specific reason you din't go for the diesel.
Old 5th May 2012, 16:50   #6591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19

That is some mileage figures for a petrol Figo.
I have not followed ur posts but your running is mostly highways is it?

And just out of curiosity, based on your average cost/day and the Avg Mileage, I arrived at a running of 51.2Km/day. Thats quite a lot of running for a petrol. Any specific reason you din't go for the diesel.
My family even though i tried so many ways to convince them about the benefits of diesel neither mom nor dad aunt uncle cousins noone wants a diesel car. They dont like the rattle you see

Plus the diesel variant costs almost 2 lakhs more than the petrol variant.

And yes quite a lot of distance travelled. And its highway(mostly) and city combined.

: Btw i discovered that My ANHC gives almost the same mileage as my Figo.
P.s if you think this is a lot you should see my friend's activa. He has got 18000kilometres on that machine and its just over a year. And that only from city runs.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 5th May 2012 at 16:59.
Old 5th May 2012, 19:25   #6592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Here is my data.

Attachment 923834

Hope this helps.

Attachment 923833
Thank you for sharing the data and that is good mileage for a petrol Figo. That is actually diesel figures you are getting with the refinement of a petrol engine which is super stuff.
Like you said , you do 50/50 of city and highway runs which is the reason for high numbers. I remember doing a short 100 kms trip in one of the tankfuls and the mileage when checked on the next fill up was around 14kmpl.
But yes, I realized the Figo efficiency figures are very sensitive to driving manners, but honestly I enjoy the car a lot regardless of the efficiency .

Last edited by tharian : 5th May 2012 at 19:27.
Old 5th May 2012, 21:31   #6593
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you for sharing the data and that is good mileage for a petrol Figo. That is actually diesel figures you are getting with the refinement of a petrol engine which is super stuff.
But yes, I realized the Figo efficiency figures are very sensitive to driving manners, but honestly I enjoy the car a lot regardless of the efficiency .
Thank you sir.
Just get your ecu reset and drive as you want to. The car adjusts to your driving style. I started getting these figures after my second service only when i requested an ecu reset.
And yes figo is a car made to enjoy especially around the corners. It performs very good on the twisties. P.s my mileage also.includes hill runs more often than not. Absolutely in love with it.
Ive seen upto 120 kmph the car gives good figures. After that its just pure unadulterated fun You shouldnt let efficiency get in the way of fun unless you travel a lot.
P.s do you have petrol engine or diesel?

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 5th May 2012 at 21:37.
Old 5th May 2012, 23:58   #6594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you sir.
Just get your ecu reset and drive as you want to. The car adjusts to your driving style. I started getting these figures after my second service only when i requested an ecu reset.
And yes figo is a car made to enjoy especially around the corners. It performs very good on the twisties. P.s my mileage also.includes hill runs more often than not. Absolutely in love with it.
Ive seen upto 120 kmph the car gives good figures. After that its just pure unadulterated fun You shouldnt let efficiency get in the way of fun unless you travel a lot.
P.s do you have petrol engine or diesel?
The ECU reset and it adjusting to your driving habits is something new to me.
Yes, I have a petrol as well which has Free Flow Exhaust as well as a Cold Air Intake, so the ECU adjusting itself to the way I drive will be more or less the same as it is for me now since I floor the accelerator quite often .
A short report of my car can be read from the link below,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...igo-1-2-a.html
Old 6th May 2012, 00:32   #6595
BHPian

Quote:
I drive mine at around 1500 to 2500 rpm mostly and on Highways always stick to 80 and sometimes increase. My mileage currently in tankful to tankful methods range between 17.37kmpl to 19.6kmpl maximum with city and highway driving 50-50%
Thats some phenomenal mileage buddy!! when i read your post i thought it was a diesel!!!Never knew the figo petrol could give so much!!
My moms figo never gives above 13 average per tank! We dont normally drive sedately, revv it up to get enough of power to overtake.Dont know what is the break up of mileage in the city vs highway since here in Goa, the highways are mostly crowded and narrow, can never maintain that Rpm(2500) without getting loud honks from very impatient goan drivers!!

Quote:
Do you mean after resetting the ecu (at 10km)you got this incredible mileage? or was it very good but after the reset got even better??
I am also shocked to see the your DTE showing 754km after autocut!! my never crosses 540 which is about 12.6kmpl, though we love the cars dynamics and steering feel coupled with the very pleasing sound when you revv this little 1.2, i am not bothered much about the fuels bills since petrol here is quite cheap!

Please keep us updated with your mileage figures and driving conditions and keep revving?!
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 00:32   #6596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The ECU reset and it adjusting to your driving habits is something new to me.
Yes, I have a petrol as well which has Free Flow Exhaust as well as a Cold Air Intake, so the ECU adjusting itself to the way I drive will be more or less the same as it is for me now since I floor the accelerator quite often .
A short report of my car can be read from the link below,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...igo-1-2-a.html
We should meet sometime. I'd love to check out your car. Free flow exhaust and CAI in a Figo is hard to come by. So i'll know when the "Red Rascal" drives past me
P.s havent these modifications voided your warranty?
Also where do you get your car serviced from? Metro Ford? (I bought mine possibly 2 months after you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Thats some phenomenal mileage buddy!! when i read your post i thought it was a diesel!!!Never knew the figo petrol could give so much!!
My moms figo never gives above 13 average per tank! We dont normally drive sedately, revv it up to get enough of power to overtake.

Do you mean after resetting the ecu (at 10km)you got this incredible mileage? or was it very good but after the reset got even better??
I am also shocked to see the your DTE showing 754km after autocut!! my never crosses 540 which is about 12.6kmpl,

Please keep us updated with your mileage figures and driving conditions and keep revving?!
I had to bother with the fuel bills as the price kept rising even though my parents say not to worry. They hate my habit of getting partial fill ups and always insist on full tank saying it improves mileage.
I wonder how full tank improves mileage?? It increases the overall weight and how is that not supposed to decrease mileage.

You know filling premium petrol also does help with the mileage. Ive noticed significant rise with use of Xtra premium and Shell Super Unleaded. Though now I stick to Xtra Premium only. Shell's out of hand

You dont have to rev it up friend. While overtaking just downshift a gear and it overtakes without a worry. Drafting also helps reduce the drag on your car and thereby increase your speed further.

You should have noticed that once your speed crosses 100kmph, no matter how sedately you try to drive, the revs keep increasing. At 140kmph my revs were around 5000rpm. Drank a lot of fuel then but it was fun nonetheless.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 6th May 2012 at 01:00. Reason: Added few quotes
Old 6th May 2012, 21:10   #6597
BHPian

Yesterday i had a misfortune :-(, While attempt to park my car near a shop, i missed an open man-hole (which was actually coverred with some plywood)which results in my car's front left tyre rested inside the man hole :-(. Few friendly citizens helped to lift the car a bit, took reverse and my car came out without much damage. But the wheel cover got bad scratches and few rough edges in lower part of bumper but its not visible at all.

Is it possible to get single wheel cap from Ford Service centre? or do i need to buy it in set of four? Any body knew the cost?
Old 7th May 2012, 00:32   #6598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We should meet sometime. I'd love to check out your car. Free flow exhaust and CAI in a Figo is hard to come by. So i'll know when the "Red Rascal" drives past me
P.s havent these modifications voided your warranty?
Also where do you get your car serviced from? Metro Ford? (I bought mine possibly 2 months after you)
Yes, we should probably have a Petrol Figo members meet since there are few others members who want to do a comparison with my car.

Yes, the warranty was void just a week after I bought the car because of the music system, alloys and tires and now the exhaust and intake. I am not someone who likes to keep my vehicles stock. And in this case I had to do the engine mod for that extra power.
Yes, the car is serviced regularly at Metro Ford Lingrajapuram.
Old 7th May 2012, 01:50   #6599
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, we should probably have a Petrol Figo members meet since there are few others members who want to do a comparison with my car.

Yes, the warranty was void just a week after I bought the car because of the music system, alloys and tires and now the exhaust and intake. I am not someone who likes to keep my vehicles stock. And in this case I had to do the engine mod for that extra power.
Yes, the car is serviced regularly at Metro Ford Lingrajapuram.
Since you get it done in Lingrajpuram we should meet sonetime during your next service 20k service i think. I usually have mine done at St Marks Road. For modifications I am just waiting for my extended warranty to get over. If the mods didnt change your mileage I guess every petrol Figo owner can try them out. I had got in touch with RR but they had given me a quote of 89k for the power boost etc mods with yhe dyno tests. So kinda backed out for the time being.

P.s just a note of caution to everyone out here. Dont leav your car at the service centre overnight. Mine came back with dents the next day. But Metro Ford after a lot of verification agreed to sponsor the body work in writing.
Always keep your inspection sheet even while taking delivery. The few minor details can actually help you out later if you notice discrepancies during delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT

Is it possible to get single wheel cap from Ford Service centre? or do i need to buy it in set of four? Any body knew the cost?
So sorry to hear that mate. If you are friendly with your SA he may get you a single piece easily. Or else head over to any accesories shop they can sell it for very less prices. I tried searching online for the prices but couldnt find the online catalogue.
And the hubcaps of the figo are same as that of the fiesta classic

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 7th May 2012 at 02:08.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 07:46   #6600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
My moms figo never gives above 13 average per tank! We dont normally drive sedately, revv it up to get enough of power to overtake.Dont know what is the break up of mileage in the city vs highway since here in Goa, the highways are mostly crowded and narrow, can never maintain that Rpm(2500) without getting loud honks from very impatient goan drivers!!

I am also shocked to see the your DTE showing 754km after autocut!! my never crosses 540 which is about 12.6kmpl, though we love the cars dynamics and steering feel coupled with the very pleasing sound when you revv this little 1.2, i am not bothered much about the fuels bills since petrol here is quite cheap!

When car is with dad I see DTE at around 550kms. When I drive around ~200 and then tank it up, DTE goes up to 591-598kms. I have actually started a thread on another forum re how to get a bit more power so as to overtake easily on our Goan roads.

Quote:
We should meet sometime.
Dude, I seriously need to take lessons from you in efficient driving. I try to drive sedately but that doesnt happen in Figo as my place has lot of twisty roads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Do keep me in loop. Will PM you my cell number if you dont have it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks