Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2010, 23:15   #646
oss
BHPian

Unbelievable pricing. Ford has done a wonderful job. All that talk about dated model & old platform should be laid to rest now.
Old 9th March 2010, 23:39   #647
BHPian

amazing prices.

Ford - there are multiple people out here (including me) shouting out for the 1.6l engine.

Just wish they introduce a few more features like steering mounted controls, rear power windows, rear headrests and acc in another model, which would take the price up by about 10k max. They would still seriously undercut the competition when it comes to pricing.

Kudos to ford...
Old 9th March 2010, 23:45   #648
BHPian

Very good comparisons ! FIGO wins hands down, BUT and thats a big but they have left out the most importatnt competitor to the FIGO the BEAT.

For 4L ex you get the top LT from BEAT with all of the features that FIGO ZXI has and in addition to it you get Automatic climate control! with a fantastic looking centre console (those soft knobs for the AC is really cool) and class leading interior feel and looks.

Very convenient for ford to have left it out lol .

Last edited by -NUT-case : 10th March 2010 at 00:01.
Old 10th March 2010, 00:03   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Very good comparisons ! FIGO wins hands down, BUT and thats a big but they have left out the most importatnt competitor to the FIGO the BEAT.
I dont think it would be right to compare the figo with beat. Isnt beat a segment lower? Saw one today (my girlfriend hated it...) and it looks pretty cramped.

anyway I looking between figo diesel and polo diesel but I am sure Figo is just a save choice (nice diesel, spacious, FE, in red with nice alloys good looks)
Old 10th March 2010, 02:02   #650
BHPian

@Yelloweye
Most people going in for a car would first

Decide if they want a petrol or a diesel
Decide on how much money they want to spend

Then start looking for cars which are available in that budget

I dont think anyone would say " Let me go get a B segment car or a B+ segment car" and then see how much it would cost.

Two cars priced exactly the same , in whichever way you see it , will compete with each other for customers.

In that sense the Petrol Beat and Figo, priced almost identical, will ofcourse compete with each other.

Further in my mind for a person with 4L the Beat would be more of aspirational car than a FIGO.

If you also notice FORD have included the BEAT in the "price band" comparison chart but not in the features comparison chart. If ford themselves consider BEAT , competition to the FIGO ,why wouldn't you ?
Old 10th March 2010, 02:23   #651
BANNED

When will the delivery starts?
Old 10th March 2010, 03:28   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
@Yelloweye
Most people going in for a car would first

Decide if they want a petrol or a diesel
Decide on how much money they want to spend

Then start looking for cars which are available in that budget

I dont think anyone would say " Let me go get a B segment car or a B+ segment car" and then see how much it would cost.

Two cars priced exactly the same , in whichever way you see it , will compete with each other for customers.

In that sense the Petrol Beat and Figo, priced almost identical, will ofcourse compete with each other.

Further in my mind for a person with 4L the Beat would be more of aspirational car than a FIGO.

If you also notice FORD have included the BEAT in the "price band" comparison chart but not in the features comparison chart. If ford themselves consider BEAT , competition to the FIGO ,why wouldn't you ?
Agree with most of what you say other than the fact that the Beat would be "aspirational" and just reorder the first two point (price before petrol and diesel choices), and I'd put down the difference of opinion down to the interpretation of the word "aspiration".

You made a good point. Not much of a nut-case eh

Last edited by Amartya : 10th March 2010 at 03:29.
Old 10th March 2010, 09:04   #653
Senior - BHPian

Clearly FORD is targeting Hyundai, MSIL and Chevy Beat. Very nice detailed gsantho3! Where you got these from? FORD website?

I really liked the "price positioning in segment" graph!
Old 10th March 2010, 09:21   #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
These are really awsome comparisons gsantho3. The pictorial thing is too good. I remember my statistics teacher's tips: Draw 5 graphs & bar rather than writing 10 pages to explain things.

BTW, where are all these available? Some internal FORD mailers or present in their website?
Yes, it is a internal communication
Old 10th March 2010, 09:21   #655
BHPian

Got a message from Ford - the price have been updated in the website Ford - Ford Figo

Edit : Looks like thats old news....

Last edited by Brix : 10th March 2010 at 09:23.
Old 10th March 2010, 10:26   #656
Senior - BHPian

Get more technical details on youtube video.

Its really good with all the details. Please go through it
Old 10th March 2010, 11:06   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Got an SMS from the dealer,

Chennai On-Road Price
Petrol
Exi - Rs.4,41,186
defnitley this petrol version is not value for money.
Consider this against a similar spec POLO trendline

FIGO EXi on -road Price= 4.4L

POLO trendline on -road Price = 4.9L

FIGO EXi mileage = 10.9

POLO trendline mileage = 13

Cost of petrol for 8000kms/yr for 5 years

Figo=1,83,500
POLO=1,53,750

Savings 30,000

Now if you are to sell the car after 5 years defnitley the POLO
will command a better resale value compared to FIGO due to
the build quality, 6-year anti rust warranty and the current generation
looks comapred to the FIGO's previous gen looks.

Even if you take a pessimistic value the POLO will sell for atleast 40k
more than FIGO petrol.

Now add that to the petrol savings of 30 k and you have an overall
saving of 20k, plus you drive a more modern hatch which is the current model worldwide plus the snob value attached to brand VW.

Last edited by Daewood : 10th March 2010 at 11:11.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:19   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
I agree, the Petrol EXI will probably lose out in the long term. The diesel one still rocks though.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:26   #659
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Forget about the petrols, if we bring in the K-series engined Ritz and Swift then they'll eat the Figo and Polo for breakfast, lunch and dinner in terms of FE, Performance, proven A.S.S and resale. Views expressed from what I have read.

So it's the diesels that we need watch out for. Figo clearly has brilliant positioning here.

So, since you are so keen in bringing the Polo into picture let me ask a very simple question which I posted in the Polo thread,

Originally Posted by kiku007

I don't think the Polo and Figo are competitors directly (Check out the comparison sheets in the Figo TD thread-Even Ford is not bringing Polo to the picture). BUT there's a HUGE price difference between the respective diesel variants of Figo and Polo. Does the Polo offer the customer enough to justify this price difference?

The reply that Polo is B+ and Figo is B wouldn't cut ice.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:41   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Forget about the petrols, if we bring in the K-series engined Ritz and Swift then they'll eat the Figo and Polo for breakfast, lunch and dinner in terms of FE, Performance, proven A.S.S and resale.
Can't compare Figo and Polo with the Asian cars.

People who go for these cars (polo, figo,) are very different from the ones who go for asian cars. They prefer European ride quality, non-boxy looks, premium feel, etc..

Quote:
I don't think the Polo and Figo are competitors directly (Check out the comparison sheets in the Figo TD thread-Even Ford is not bringing Polo to the picture). BUT there's a HUGE price difference between the respective diesel variants of Figo and Polo. Does the Polo offer the customer enough to justify this price difference?
Figo and Polo are defnitley competitors in the petrol version though it is a different story in the diesels.

In Diesels Indica, Swift, Ritz and Punto mjd are Figo's competitors.

Last edited by Daewood : 10th March 2010 at 11:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks