Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:25   #6571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy

Is this DTE behavior normal? What is DTE reading owners see in general after tank full?
Hi, I don't see this behaviour with my Figo. I think it may be due to your driving style at various periods of time between the refuels. DTE numbers are arrived at by averaging the fuel consumption over a period of driving.

I do feel that the DTE numbers in the case of Figo aren't always correct. I normally get a DTE number between 630 and 660 on full refuelling, depending upon how I had been driving the car in the previous autocut to autocut run. This should ideally indicate a fuel economy of 14-14.7 kmpl (45 litre tank). However the autocut to autocute method always reveals a higher economy of 15-15.5 kmpl. Maybe that's due to some buffer even within the DTE, like some sort of reserve.
Old 3rd May 2012, 20:41   #6572
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Is this DTE behavior normal? What is DTE reading owners see in general after tank full?
From what i have seen, DTE is the best method to calculate the average FE.

I have seen this behavior: in a full tank, DTE shows 745. I travel a 13 km, it goes down to 732, then after a stop/start, fresh DTE shows to 745 again.

So maybe even the auto-cutoff is above 45 litres or the fuel level sensing has a lag.

The full-tank DTE figures i have seen: 924(highest, when car is new), 864, 824. All these are when the car is 75% highway running.

In 75% city running, my DTE is now 745.
Old 4th May 2012, 01:19   #6573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
And in my 1.5 years of ownership, another point I noted is that the mileage doesn't vary drastically for a diesel as compared to a petrol engine with respect to driving style. I'm not saying it will not vary, but the variation is lesser compared to a petrol.
I'm saying this based on my experience, and am willing to listen if anyone has a different opinion.

FYI: I get 16-16.5 kmpl in city (mostly off peak timing) contantly with a "not so sedate" driving style and 100% A.C.
jayded, I own TDCI (july 2011) and would like to differ with you. To my experience I was getting 16/17 W/O AC initially but after 2.5 K Service it improved a lot. I shifted from M800 to Figo so initially I was finding it difficult to adjust to Diesel driving. I discussed here and Figo Owner Group on facebook and learnt to drive Diesels properly, like keeping RPM in 1500 to 2000/2300 range and mileage improved drastically.

Since 2.5K service I am getting overall 20 (i.e. Total KM / Total Lits) and for Highway Runs I am getting in tune of 22/23. Best I got till date is 23.8 (Kolhapur - Pune - Kolhapur). That way my highway runs are occasional and my daily commute to office is only 7-7 KMs still I am managing in the range 18.5/19. It may please be noted that route to office is not congested one and I can maintain speed 40-60 most of the time.

Tips I got are do less gear shifts, roll with traffic, keep RPM in 1500 to 2000 as far as possible, avoid hard braking/Quick Acceleration by judging traffic ahead. I tried to practice these right from the beginning and I am happy to see the results.

So In my opinion Driving Style matters in getting better FE. Hope this helps Figo Owners. If any clarification is required feel free to PM me or Post here.

P.S. : I use AC very occasionally since weather in Kolhapur dont need
AC to great extent.
whitelion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 02:05   #6574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ess_a View Post
Hi, I don't see this behaviour with my Figo. I think it may be due to your driving style at various periods of time between the refuels. DTE numbers are arrived at by averaging the fuel consumption over a period of driving.
i doubt if its change in driving style. i have been driving car most of the times. and the route, avg speed etc remains same most of the times. This behavior of sudden DTE change has happened at all three full tanks. First half of the DTE indicates good FE and suddenly indicates drop in FE. let me wait for another tank full or 2.5K service to complete before calculating the FE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
From what i have seen, DTE is the best method to calculate the average FE.

In 75% city running, my DTE is now 745.
DTE shows 700 + and even 800 or 900 + any one has seen these numbers in Figo DTE? Do you drive without AC most of times? Is there any special technique you use to get such amazing FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
jayded, I own TDCI (july 2011) and would like to differ with you. To my experience I was getting 16/17 W/O AC initially but after 2.5 K Service it improved a lot.

AC to great extent.

thanks whitelion for inputs. I use AC most of the times. But FE of 20+ on short runs is simply amazing. In my EXI there is no tacometer Sat in my friends ZXI (with taco) and saw that for a normal driving style the RPM remains at 2-2.3K at 80-90 kmph. I drive very sedated at 60-80 kmph range so RPM surely is around 2K to 2.3K range. May be i will wait for 2.5K service interval to comment more on FE. already mine has run 1.8K, just 700 more kms to go for first service.
Old 4th May 2012, 02:25   #6575
BHPian

My DTE is always between 660-680 every time I refill. My run is mostly not so sedate and with 100% AC and on 15" 195 section rubber. I get an avg FE of around 15kmpl. If I'm running with 14", I get 16-16.5 kmpl. I shift between 2.5-3k revs and some times past 3k.

During my recent highway trip, I got an FE of 20.5 with 100%, 5 people on board+luggage for 3 and a 40 kilos audio system and on 14" 185 section rubber. DTE during the highway run came up to 820.
Old 4th May 2012, 09:44   #6576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
i doubt if its change in driving style. i have been driving car most of the times. and the route, avg speed etc remains same most of the times. This behavior of sudden DTE change has happened at all three full tanks. First half of the DTE indicates good FE and suddenly indicates drop in FE. let me wait for another tank full or 2.5K service to complete before calculating the FE.

DTE shows 700 + and even 800 or 900 + any one has seen these numbers in Figo DTE? Do you drive without AC most of times? Is there any special technique you use to get such amazing FE

thanks whitelion for inputs. I use AC most of the times. But FE of 20+ on short runs is simply amazing. In my EXI there is no tacometer Sat in my friends ZXI (with taco) and saw that for a normal driving style the RPM remains at 2-2.3K at 80-90 kmph. I drive very sedated at 60-80 kmph range so RPM surely is around 2K to 2.3K range. May be i will wait for 2.5K service interval to comment more on FE. already mine has run 1.8K, just 700 more kms to go for first service.
For those who do not believe getting 20+ in Figo is possible. I have even got 928, but that image is not clear so posting this one. I quite regularly get DTE rating of 900+ *touch wood*.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imag0236.jpg  

Last edited by dhinchak : 4th May 2012 at 10:11. Reason: deleted the image which was posted twice
Old 4th May 2012, 10:43   #6577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
For those who do not believe getting 20+ in Figo is possible. I have even got 928, but that image is not clear so posting this one. I quite regularly get DTE rating of 900+ *touch wood*.
wow this is amazing figure to be seen on the DTE , i typically get 600+ on my new Figo in Bangalore. Lets see if 1st service helps in improving it somewhat.
Old 4th May 2012, 11:49   #6578
BHPian

Guys, To all those who are worrying about FE on your new figo. Please wait for some engine run-in, My figo shows DTE of 580 something i do worried a bit. One of my coleague who bought the initial batch of Figo told me that he do see this kind of figures initially, but after 5k kms his DTE shoots up.

Its all about driving pattern and how many short trips you do say 5-6km trip(s), the more shorter trips the less DTE. (I fall in this category).

dhichak here showed us an amazing fuel efficiency.
Old 4th May 2012, 14:38   #6579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelion View Post
jayded, I own TDCI (july 2011) and would like to differ with you. To my experience I was getting 16/17 W/O AC initially but after 2.5 K Service it improved a lot. I shifted from M800 to Figo so initially I was finding it difficult to adjust to Diesel driving. I discussed here and Figo Owner Group on facebook and learnt to drive Diesels properly, like keeping RPM in 1500 to 2000/2300 range and mileage improved drastically.

So In my opinion Driving Style matters in getting better FE. Hope this helps Figo Owners. If any clarification is required feel free to PM me or Post here.

AC to great extent.
Hi Whitelion,
The 16.5 kmpl I quoted is with 100% AC and in moderate city traffic. So effectively we are saying the same thing. If I too run around without AC, which will be suicidal here in Hyderabad, I too MIGHT get 19 kmpl, but then I am not a sedate driver. Hope I'm clear.

The max I might have squeezed out is around 19.5 kmpl with 100% AC on a TVM-BLR highway run, but that road just begs us to drive harder.
Old 4th May 2012, 22:23   #6580
BHPian

Could anyone throw some lights on best RPM ranges for Petrol?
Old 4th May 2012, 22:54   #6581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english
Could anyone throw some lights on best RPM ranges for Petrol?
I drive mine at around 1500 to 2500 rpm mostly and on Highways always stick to 80 and sometimes increase. My mileage currently in tankful to tankful methods range between 17.37kmpl to 19.6kmpl maximum with city and highway driving 40-60%
Once your speed crosses 100kmph the rpms also increase in order to keep up against the drag and other retarding forces. As a result of this mileage also decreases.

Shifting should be done as this
1st gear get the car to roll. Once it hits 10 15kmoh shift to 2nd gear and never let the rpm go above 2500 rpm. Shift before that itself.

Without the ac figo pulls even in second gear if the revs are around 2000 rpm or above.

By the time you reach 60kmph you can easily shift to 5th gear.

Very sedate driving has given me 19 kmpl easily. Highway speeds upto 90kmph.

Hope this helps. Do not hesitate to improvise. Your technique could also be better. Do share. Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2012 at 09:53. Reason: As requested
Old 4th May 2012, 23:10   #6582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
I drive mine at around 1500 to 2500 rpm mostly --- between 17.37kmpl to 19.6kmpl maximum with city and highway driving 40-60%
Yours is Diesel I guess, my petrol gives me 10-12 in city and on highways its ~14.
I keep RPM around 2000-3000, but just curious to know if anyone has more thoughts on this.

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2012 at 09:53. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
Old 4th May 2012, 23:31   #6583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Yours is Diesel I guess, my petrol gives me 10-12 in city and on highways its ~14.
I keep RPM around 2000-3000, but just curious to know if anyone has more thoughts on this.
I have Petrol Aug10 model Figo run close 17k kms.

Mileage has been more or less the same from the day I started driving till date. I have done a lot of long trips, in fact half the Odo reading is highways kms.

In city with 75% a/c and rpms around 2000-2500, I get around 10.5-11 kmpl.
On highway with 90% a/c with constant 3000 rpm, I get 15 kmpl. The max I have got in city was 11.5 kmpl with a/c and on highway it was 17 kmpl with 50% a/c and rpms around 3200.
Dont expect too much from your petrol Figo since you will be disappointed, instead just enjoy the handling and driver involement of the car which you have got for a reasonable price!
Old 5th May 2012, 00:34   #6584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian

I have Petrol Aug10 model Figo run close 17k kms.

Mileage has been more or less the same from the day I started driving till date. I have done a lot of long trips, in fact half the Odo reading is highways kms.

In city with 75% a/c and rpms around 2000-2500, I get around 10.5-11 kmpl.
On highway with 90% a/c with constant 3000 rpm, I get 15 kmpl. The max I have got in city was 11.5 kmpl with a/c and on highway it was 17 kmpl with 50% a/c and rpms around 3200.
Nope mine is petrol zxi 2010 version. 15000kms on the clock.

My DTE on fillup shows 754kms with autocut. And if i fill bit more it shows around 780kms.only once it has shown around 800 when i was doing highway trip for a few days and had kept filling xtra premium petrol. But ive learnt not to rely on that.

But that is nothing when compared to a diesel figo. My colleague has the diesel version and his DTE shows 900 and on highway runs even more. So thats a bit disappointing from the petrol car point of view.

My last full tank that was yesterday the dte showed 745kms and i did a run of around 100 kms airport highway and city centre included and my dte shows now 684 kms.
In city with ac mileage is very damn less. :
Old 5th May 2012, 00:35   #6585
BHPian

Hi folks,

Have been following this thread for the past 4 months [that's when my hunt for a new car began] and I'm amazed at the sheer number of pages it has managed to pile up. A reflection of the car's popularity perhaps. Or maybe the niggles that it manages to throw up every now and then. Whatever the reason, it surely does help newbies like me make an informed decision.

After a lot of back and forth, in my head and with my wife, about the most common doubts / questions that most car buyers face [hatch vs sedan, petrol vs diesel, maruti vs the rest] and countless page views of various threads on this forum AND after getting my finances in place, I've finally zeroed in on Figo TDCi Titanium.

I'm based in Thane city so the closest dealer for me is Shreeji Ford. After TDing the car a few days ago and after a few discussions with the dealer, have managed to get a quote from them. This technically is the first car I'm buying [the previous one was a company car] so would greatly appreciate tips on negotiating with the dealer to get the best price.

They have quoted OTR 7,33,000 on which they are offering a discount of 10k. When I asked them about getting my own insurance, they said the discount is applicable only if I take insurance from them?? Similar experiences with Shreeji anyone? Or any other dealer? How does one tackle this?

Also the quote given by the dealer has the following expenses listed. Are any of these negotiable;

CRTM - 1000
DEPOT CHARGES - 2000
STD ACCESSORIES - 1975
INSURANCE - 22805 [surely one can get a better quote outside but with the discount offered, wondering whether it'l be one and the same ]

Am planning to book the car sometime next week so would really appreciate suggestions / comments from you all.

thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks