Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:53   #6556
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
but dont the drive brings smile at your face everytime you push the throttle and corner it. Even Swifts are having the rattling in much worse manner. I think "automatic" (well said ) rear window issue will be fixed by re-aligning the roller lever to 6'O clock position, atleast it worked for me and its not re-surfaced.

I think all these are minor issue which the *** are not handling properly.
The issue isn't "which car doesnt rattle?" If you read this thread from the first page, you will see that Figo's rattles and squeaks are the same across several cars. The brake fluid pipe near the rear wheel squeak, the C pillar squeak, dashboard rattle, front suspension rattle, sound from the brake pads etc etc.,. They are all the same problems across cars since 2yrs and Ford still doesnt have a permanent fix to most of the problems. There are only temporary fixes which recur in no time. If it was only my Figo having these rattles and other Figos having no rattles or different rattles, then it is a different thing. Yes, the handling does put wide grin on my face which is wiped away by that creaking sound from the C pillar scratching my brain.

I had an Alto earlier for 8yrs which ran more than 1lac kms. It never had any rattles in its initial years and whatever sounds did appear, the service centre did find lasting solutions in one or two visits. I have a one year old i 10 AT which doesnt handle as well as the Figo, but doesnt have any squeak or rattle till date.

I have tried all the positions for the rear window winder, but on bad roads it still winds down. The C pillar screw has been initially covered with tape and then changed but still squeaks intermittently. I just give it tight whack with my fist and it stays quiet for sometime. The break fluid cable near the right rear wheel keeps quiet only if bribed with grease, but lately it has been quiet for a long time. The dashboard rattle has never had any solution. I had the headlamp "upgraded" to no effect. My i 10 lamps with the same wattage have much better illumination. The only problem solved in my car was the front suspension rattle where they changed the shocks.

I had resigned to these problems and learnt to live with it as you said they are "minor", but then was shocked to see that they persist in the newer version Figos post September 2011.

Ford needs to do some serious quality introspection.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 2nd May 2012 at 22:58.
Old 2nd May 2012, 23:33   #6557
Senior - BHPian

Totally agree. These small squeaks are really irritating. I will show it to SC during first service. Also will write to Ford about it. Even my mom says, you paid 6lakhs for this car and brand new car squeaking within a month ?

Btw, I had three tank fills till now but average FE is not beyond 15-16. I am driving really sedated, no hard acceleration, AC kept at medium in cold band (blue mark) side still this low FE :( is this normal? (AC on 80 to 90%)

Will this improve after oil change. Most of figo owner say "20+ aaramse we get, sometimes 22.city we get 16 with AC, so you should get more" makes me wonder whats wrong with my car. Owners please suggest if it's normal.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Updated from team bhp mobile app

Last edited by recshenoy : 2nd May 2012 at 23:35.
Old 3rd May 2012, 00:22   #6558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Will this improve after oil change. Most of figo owner say "20+ aaramse we get, sometimes 22.city we get 16 with AC, so you should get more" makes me wonder whats wrong with my car. Owners please suggest if it's normal.
I would advice you not to believe all those stories, rather stick with reality. If you get 16 kmpl in city traffic with 80-90% A.C., then that is more like what you should be getting. 16-17 kmpl is what you can expect from a Figo TDCi.
And in my 1.5 years of ownership, another point I noted is that the mileage doesn't vary drastically for a diesel as compared to a petrol engine with respect to driving style. I'm not saying it will not vary, but the variation is lesser compared to a petrol.
I'm saying this based on my experience, and am willing to listen if anyone has a different opinion.

FYI: I get 16-16.5 kmpl in city (mostly off peak timing) contantly with a "not so sedate" driving style and 100% A.C.
Old 3rd May 2012, 00:42   #6559
BHPian

My average for Udupi town, 90% AC on is 17. Highway, maximum I have got is 19.8. Most of my highway runs are to Kannur on NH 66 which, with its traffic is more or less like town driving. Never crossed the "magical" 20 in 2 yrs!
However, my friend, fellow bhpian Vinboy regularly reports more than 20 mileage on his highway runs between Bangalore and Udupi.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 3rd May 2012 at 00:50.
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:13   #6560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I would advice you not to believe all those stories, rather stick with reality. If you get 16 kmpl in city traffic with 80-90% A.C., then that is more like what you should be getting. 16-17 kmpl is what you can expect from a Figo TDCi.
And in my 1.5 years of ownership, another point I noted is that the mileage doesn't vary drastically for a diesel as compared to a petrol engine with respect to driving style. I'm not saying it will not vary, but the variation is lesser compared to a petrol.
I'm saying this based on my experience, and am willing to listen if anyone has a different opinion.

FYI: I get 16-16.5 kmpl in city (mostly off peak timing) contantly with a "not so sedate" driving style and 100% A.C.
Believe me. I get 20+ with my 1.4 ZXi easily in Delhi-Gurgaon city traffic. For me the mileage does vary a lot with A/C, it drops by 1-2 Kmpl. I am not sure how does the petrol behaves, but this is how my Diesel Figo is behaving for the past 14 months. The worst I had got was around 17, with 100% A/C and multiple short trips of 4-5 Kms each.
Old 3rd May 2012, 09:39   #6561
BHPian

I am not sure if it is just in my mind or something else, but off late I have started feeling the car vibrate a lot more even on plain roads as well. Could it be the suspension?
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:03   #6562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
I am not sure if it is just in my mind or something else, but off late I have started feeling the car vibrate a lot more even on plain roads as well. Could it be the suspension?
When did you do wheel balancing? I think it's time to do wheel balancing, even alignment. Wheel balancing should solve this problem.
Figopian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:10   #6563
BHPian

For me the C pillar squeaks occurs occasionally. It occurs whenever i climb a steep entrance in my apartment complex diagonally and slowly. this squeak doesn't occur if i approaches it in a faster manner and it never occur on straight roads.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:29   #6564
BHPian

I was on the highway doing a hundred, just when I was about to slow down for a signal, steering stiffened and MIL lit up on the dash. Later i realised the engine had died. I restarted and it was all normal. Did I just have the infamous engine stall or is this something else?
Mine is a Nov 2011 model. Has done 6000km so far. Has not stalled even once.
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:18   #6565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
I was on the highway doing a hundred, just when I was about to slow down for a signal, steering stiffened and MIL lit up on the dash. Later i realised the engine had died. I restarted and it was all normal. Did I just have the infamous engine stall or is this something else?
Is the engine died at high speed or after the car slowed down completly? Whether the break works after engine dead? As far as i know power steering will not work so as power breaks .

Guys who experienced can you please provide some info on engine stall issue? I thought this engine stall issue comes only while decelerating for a toll or signal. or it will even happen while casual braking at high speed?
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:49   #6566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Refresh? Ford should solve all the irritating squeaks and rattles first. I was aghast to learn that even recent buyers(rec_shenoy,drive_addict) having the same problems that we, the initial scapegoats are suffering since 2yrs.

My car will be 2yrs old on May 13th. I still have the dashboard rattle, C pillar squeak, the "automatic" rear window despite the service centre's multiple attempts to correct it.

And the headlamp upgrade is no good too.
Well i guess thats another interpretation of TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT. where you manage the quality so well that all cars give you only the same problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Same here. I doubted the suspension but a.s.s said susension is ok. I strongly feel its about the stabiliser bar that is not very strong on the fords. But changing it would cost me some bucks and i dont want to experiment with that much money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kart19 View Post
Get the GD software update.
gemithomas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 14:56   #6567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Same here. I doubted the suspension but a.s.s said susension is ok. I strongly feel its about the stabiliser bar that is not very strong on the fords. But changing it would cost me some bucks and i dont want to experiment with that much money.
I am facing an issue, where there is loud creaking noise from front right whenever i go straight over a big hump or dive in a big pothole @ low speeds. I am also suspecting the Stabilizer Bar issue, but the car is rock stable at any given speed.
Old 3rd May 2012, 15:01   #6568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
When did you do wheel balancing? I think it's time to do wheel balancing, even alignment. Wheel balancing should solve this problem.
Funny that the problem started occuring just after I got wheel balancing and alignment done. Although, the wheels were balanced according to the guy doing the balancing.

I guess, it's time to change the place from where I get balancing done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

One of the reason why I dont want to go to A.S.S is that I have outside fitted alloys and Michelin tyres. And, it won't take them more than a minute to start singing the "warrnaty void" tune. Anyways, I guess balancing/alignment maybe the culprit here. If that doesnt solve the problem, I would probably go to A.S.S. and see if they even acknowledge the problem.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:27   #6569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT

Is the engine died at high speed or after the car slowed down completly? Whether the break works after engine dead? As far as i know power steering will not work so as power breaks .
I was decelerating and car must have been at 30-40kmph when the stalling happened. I didn't feel the difference in brakes though.
But what I wanted to clarify from ppl who have had the engine stall issue was, does the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) light up in the dash when the stalling happens or do I have some other new issue to contend with (hope not).
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:58   #6570
Senior - BHPian

Now this brings me to another confusion about the DTE reading. When I do tank full DTE shows 600 odd kilometers (606, 615 etc). For initial 200-300 kilometers, the DTE reading indicates very good FE. I drive 100 kilometers, but DTE would be down only by 80 kilometers indicating a very good FE like 20+ (which generally people talk of getting in a Figo). And when I reach the half way mark (300 kilometers run), DTE starts rapidly going down. Next I drive 80 more kilometers, DTE would be down by 110-120 kilometers (same roads, same condition, almost same driving style). Similarly the Fuel gauge will be at 2/3rd mark and it suddenly dips to half way mark during this other 80 kilometer run. So gradually the initial mileage which is calculated as 20+ will settle to 15-16 when the low fuel light is ON

Is this DTE behavior normal? What is DTE reading owners see in general after tank full?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks