Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2012, 08:39   #6541
RGK
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Was bit busy and have missed last 10 pages of this thread.

Is it not possible to fix another same type horn along with the OEM horn and use the original horn switch.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 09:56   #6542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Was bit busy and have missed last 10 pages of this thread.

Is it not possible to fix another same type horn along with the OEM horn and use the original horn switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Guys,

Have any one fixed after market horn for Figo, Hella Red grill? or Stebel? without tampering wires and voiding warranty. 2012 batches comes with single horn and its not at all usefull. Any suggestions?
I recently upgraded the horn on my 2012 Figo. By default the wiring supports only 1 horn and you cannot convert it into dual, in addition the OEM horn has a very custom connector which is not readily available in the open market. My agreement with the dealership was that as long as its a clean installation with clips and without any cutting of Ford wires, they have no issues with upgrading.

My installer did a new set of wiring with a relay for the dual horn and he just tapped into one of the wires of the orig horn for the trigger. To avoid any cutting or ripping of wires, he used a clip (forgot the name) something that basically cuts into small section of insulation and makes contact with wire inside and allows connecting another wire with it in clean way without any desi style of wire twisting . This allows me to use the original horn switch without messing with wiring warranty.

Last edited by supertinu : 30th April 2012 at 09:59.
supertinu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2012, 19:12   #6543
BHPian

Recently my Figo's AC stopped cooling properly. It would cool for lets say 1 minute and then would stop for next 5 mins. Went for 40k service and they replaced AC Filter and cleaner condenser. It worked for a day and now its back to square one. Also there is some noise which I suspect is a result of changing the drive belt. I plan to visit the Service Center on 2nd Again.
Old 30th April 2012, 19:56   #6544
BHPian

Quote:
Hi DevilsCry as promised, here is my Figo.
Thanks for sharing the pics
Looking at the pic, I regret picking an LXi. The LXi is just too basic, lacking electric boot, power windows, aluminium finishing, tachometer and so many more things! Could have spent a few more money for a higher version. But nonetheless, driving Figo makes me forget all the shortcomings of the LXi model. Happy revving and all the best for your Figo
Old 30th April 2012, 21:07   #6545
Senior - BHPian

Hey all,

Got the sun-films installed on my car this past week. It was the IceCool Shield for the front (70% VLT) & the NF Lite for the sides (50% VLT). I chose to not get any film installed on the rear hatch glass because I had read many people not recommending that. In fact, even the company representatives & installer advised the same.

But is it alright if I use those static sheets on the rear glass (with defogger)?

Drive safe.
Old 30th April 2012, 23:28   #6546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
* Head lamp in figo is bit poor, even though this thread claims the recent batches comes with decent spread, i still find it bit weaker. (Fogs too doesnt help) Need some work around without voiding warranty.
ZXI doesn't come with fogs as far as i know. how much FORD charged for the fog lamp? Due to warranty worries i had got it fixed at A.S.S for 3.5K or 3.8k

If there is discrepancy in accessory charges I would really like to take up this with ford. so please share the pricing details.
Old 1st May 2012, 01:39   #6547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Hey all,

Got the sun-films installed on my car this past week. It was the IceCool Shield for the front (70% VLT) & the NF Lite for the sides (50% VLT). I chose to not get any film installed on the rear hatch glass because I had read many people not recommending that. In fact, even the company representatives & installer advised the same.

But is it alright if I use those static sheets on the rear glass (with defogger)?

Drive safe.
Removing and reinstalling the film on the rear glass (with defogger) can be a problem and hence people recommend not installing it. But a good installer can do it without any issues and it will be just fine.
Regarding the stick-on sheets, do they not hinder the vision through the glass considerably?

P.S: The tint on the rear glass was removed and reinstalled once due to some shoddy work done by my installer, but my defogger is still working fine (checked all lines).
Old 1st May 2012, 01:40   #6548
Senior - BHPian

It's good that you got the fog lamps fitted at the dealership itself, however, the charges are different than what I had paid for the same job. I paid only 3K & this is because the 4K cost was inclusive of the switch for fog lamps that was present already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
ZXI doesn't come with fogs as far as i know. how much FORD charged for the fog lamp? Due to warranty worries i had got it fixed at A.S.S for 3.5K or 3.8k

If there is discrepancy in accessory charges I would really like to take up this with ford. so please share the pricing details.
@jayded: Thanks! And no, the stick-on sheets do not hinder the vision & things are easily visible.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 1st May 2012 at 01:42.
Old 1st May 2012, 09:15   #6549
BHPian

Hey, no news about the refreshed model for this year. As I remember 'mustang' had informed all earlier that the figo will receive a refresh soon.
Anybody having information,please share.
Old 1st May 2012, 16:40   #6550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post

Even i fixed it for 3.3k after negotiating much :-(. Initially dealer quoted me 3.8k.

But you know what I felt ok to pay 3.3k for fog lamps, When my brother enquired about fixing fog lamps for his VW Polo, Dealer quoted 18k
Old 1st May 2012, 23:43   #6551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Hey, no news about the refreshed model for this year. As I remember 'mustang' had informed all earlier that the figo will receive a refresh soon.
Anybody having information,please share.
considering Figo is just 2 yrs into the market and selling well, I would be surprised if it undergoes a major change. I recently bought a 2012 Figo and the upgrades for this yr's model included alloys on titanium, tilt steering, USB on H vs the 2011 model.
Old 2nd May 2012, 08:14   #6552
BHPian

Ms. Niggly is giving more problems for me. My car is giving out a high frequency whine (vibrating noise) when I switch ON the head lamps. It comes from inside the hood, from the right hand side. Seems like a faulty relay; nothing else I can attribute it to. But the beam is stable. Have to show it to the A.S.S over the weekend. Did anybody else face such a problem?
Old 2nd May 2012, 20:58   #6553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
considering Figo is just 2 yrs into the market and selling well, I would be surprised if it undergoes a major change. I recently bought a 2012 Figo and the upgrades for this yr's model included alloys on titanium, tilt steering, USB on H vs the 2011 model.
Refresh? Ford should solve all the irritating squeaks and rattles first. I was aghast to learn that even recent buyers(rec_shenoy,drive_addict) having the same problems that we, the initial scapegoats are suffering since 2yrs.

My car will be 2yrs old on May 13th. I still have the dashboard rattle, C pillar squeak, the "automatic" rear window despite the service centre's multiple attempts to correct it.

And the headlamp upgrade is no good too.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 2nd May 2012 at 21:10.
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:19   #6554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Refresh? Ford should solve all the irritating squeaks and rattles first. I was aghast to learn that even recent buyers(rec_shenoy,drive_addict) having the same problems that we, the initial scapegoats are suffering since 2yrs.

My car will be 2yrs old on May 13th. I still have the dashboard rattle, C pillar squeak, the "automatic" rear window despite the service centre's multiple attempts to correct it.

And the headlamp upgrade is no good too.
but dont the drive brings smile at your face everytime you push the throttle and corner it. Even Swifts are having the rattling in much worse manner. I think "automatic" (well said ) rear window issue will be fixed by re-aligning the roller lever to 6'O clock position, atleast it worked for me and its not re-surfaced.

I think all these are minor issue which the *** are not handling properly.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 22:24   #6555
BHPian

The info i collected on the refresh model,
Expected by the year end 2012, Headlamps being upgraded with round reflector, Average fuel indicator among the options in display.
Rear power windows - may.may not come, due to motor accomodation and feasibility (small motor does not last long, good small motor will be expensive)

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks