Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2012, 17:40   #6481
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Fellow FIGOains, good to be posting again on this thread after long time ! I am one of the initial customer of Figo (TDCi Titanium), bought in first week of Apr 2010. Now it is 2 years and still it is a wonderful machine to drive. Of course, some squeaks are coming of late, I guess it is from the back seat. Need to fix such niggles, otherwise it is still a very good car. Nearing 24 K on the Odo, most of my driving is in the mad and crawling traffic of Bangalore. Yet, I am able to get mileage of around 16 in the city with a/c ! And on highway drives, it easily goes 20+. All in all, a happy customer and planning to keep my red hot baby for at least another 5 years ! Even if I become rich enough to buy another car, I would still keep this Diesel work horse as most of my driving is for office commuting. Looking forward to fellow FIGOians who crossed 2 years to share their experience.
Old 12th April 2012, 09:49   #6482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Fellow FIGOains, good to be posting again on this thread after long time ! I am one of the initial customer of Figo (TDCi Titanium), bought in first week of Apr 2010. Now it is 2 years and still it is a wonderful machine to drive. Of course, some squeaks are coming of late, I guess it is from the back seat. Need to fix such niggles, otherwise it is still a very good car. Nearing 24 K on the Odo, most of my driving is in the mad and crawling traffic of Bangalore. Yet, I am able to get mileage of around 16 in the city with a/c ! And on highway drives, it easily goes 20+. All in all, a happy customer and planning to keep my red hot baby for at least another 5 years ! Even if I become rich enough to buy another car, I would still keep this Diesel work horse as most of my driving is for office commuting. Looking forward to fellow FIGOians who crossed 2 years to share their experience.
great to know Revy that your 2yr old car is aging and treating you well. Avg of 16 in city is very good considering Bangalore's traffic. My new figo is currently giving around 14 in Bangalore, i am hoping it will improve after 1st 2 services. Did you see an increase in avg engine run in etc?
Old 12th April 2012, 10:02   #6483
Senior - BHPian

Hey all, an update is that I recorded a fuel efficiency of approximately 23.5 kmpl in city, with about 950 kms in one tank-full before I re-fueled last evening (with DTE still showing 99 kms). This is with 70% driving without AC & during either early morning or night runs.

But despite being happy, there is a slight worry that I have. Is this alright or is it too much? What I wouldn't want is for my car to be running lean or something that might cause some issues in future.
Please share your views regarding this.

I also consulted my old mechanic today morning & he said that it's my driving style & the conditions in which the car was driven. In fact, when he said that, I recalled my Alto giving me 17-18 kmpl with AC in city. But still want to be sure.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 12th April 2012 at 10:10. Reason: Had written the DTE figure wrongly
Old 12th April 2012, 13:13   #6484
BHPian

Quote:
I am one of the initial customer of Figo (TDCi Titanium), bought in first week of Apr 2010. Now it is 2 years and still it is a wonderful machine to drive.
As an owner of Figo for 7 months, I plead you to post your ownership experience. As you are one of oldest Figo owners, your views will be tremendous help to all of us. Really glad to see that you're still enjoying your Figo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
But despite being happy, there is a slight worry that I have.
Worried because your car is delivering phenomenal mileage? It's actually normal mileage for Figo if driven by a sedate owner. Who knows your next post could be "Its brakes are not weak as I said earlier. It's powerful. However I'm worried that its brakes are more powerful than expected. There must be something wrong."

You're seriously one jolly fellow who likes to be concerned lot
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2012, 13:46   #6485
BHPian

Did my 30K service @ Kairali Ford. Bill amount - Rs 6,250/- less service camp discount (50% on oil filter & 100% in wheel alignment) = 5,750/-.

Airfilter (250/-) & Number plate bulb (60/-) replaced. Balancing charges Rs 230/-

Not satisfied with the job because they did not do the following jobs due to rush probably.

-My Horn is touching the body somewhere. the whole car shivers when horn is blowing.
-Outside smell is entering cabin in recycle mode also. The intensity varies.
-PS fluid leakage not rectified. They want to replace the steering rack for the second time! Once replaced under partial warranty. Now no warranty can be claimed due to non Ford alloy/tyre size.
Old 12th April 2012, 14:52   #6486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9
Hey all, an update is that I recorded a fuel efficiency of approximately 23.5 kmpl in city, with about 950 kms in one tank-full before I re-fueled last evening (with DTE still showing 99 kms). This is with 70% driving without AC & during either early morning or night runs.

But despite being happy, there is a slight worry that I have. Is this alright or is it too much? What I wouldn't want is for my car to be running lean or something that might cause some issues in future.

I also consulted my old mechanic today morning & he said that it's my driving style & the conditions in which the car was driven. In fact, when he said that, I recalled my Alto giving me 17-18 kmpl with AC in city. But still want to be sure.
If yours is a diesel model then its normal and if its a petrol model then thats awesome.

However do not rely on the DTE alone. Also if you have done partial fills in between two tankfuls then you have to disregard the readings.

Do post what fuel and engine oil youve been using. Id like to have the same mileage for my car too.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:15   #6487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
Worried because your car is delivering phenomenal mileage? It's actually normal mileage for Figo if driven by a sedate owner. Who knows your next post could be "Its brakes are not weak as I said earlier. It's powerful. However I'm worried that its brakes are more powerful than expected. There must be something wrong."

You're seriously one jolly fellow who likes to be concerned lot
Hey c'mon now, why do you have to make fun of me & then roll on the floor laughing out loud

But it's just that I feel it's best to be sure & that is why the concern along with the corresponding query here on Tbhp. Thanks for your response mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
If yours is a diesel model then its normal and if its a petrol model then thats awesome.

However do not rely on the DTE alone. Also if you have done partial fills in between two tankfuls then you have to disregard the readings.

Do post what fuel and engine oil youve been using. Id like to have the same mileage for my car too.
Thanks buddy. As for the oil & fuel, I haven't had an oil change yet & also the diesel is the normal diesel (not the premium variety).

Also, there were no intermittent refuels done & so this mileage is for a tankful only.
Old 12th April 2012, 17:28   #6488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

wow, 23.5 in city? where exactly do you live? .My month old Figo gave 14kmpl in bangalore traffic and this is in run so i dont cross 2500rpm.

Well you should be happy cause you probably have an outlier from manf process which performs amazingly well just like some people get lemons.
Old 12th April 2012, 20:22   #6489
Senior - BHPian

I live in Delhi/NCR.

Is yours a petrol or diesel? Mine is a diesel & as someone else wrote, this sort of a mileage figure looks attainable for it.

But thanks for the good words mate, I really hope that the car I have is gonna last me "forever"

Also that bit about running-in, quite frankly I have been taking the car up to 3000 RPM at least once in a day. As I had mentioned earlier, the engine seems to be opening up really nice & now the mileage figures are a testimony to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
wow, 23.5 in city? where exactly do you live? .My month old Figo gave 14kmpl in bangalore traffic and this is in run so i dont cross 2500rpm.

Well you should be happy cause you probably have an outlier from manf process which performs amazingly well just like some people get lemons.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 12th April 2012 at 20:32.
Old 12th April 2012, 23:34   #6490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I live in Delhi/NCR.

Is yours a petrol or diesel? Mine is a diesel & as someone else wrote, this sort of a mileage figure looks attainable for it.

But thanks for the good words mate, I really hope that the car I have is gonna last me "forever"

Also that bit about running-in, quite frankly I have been taking the car up to 3000 RPM at least once in a day. As I had mentioned earlier, the engine seems to be opening up really nice & now the mileage figures are a testimony to that.
yup mine is a diesel too. NCR definitely gives few kms extra compared to Bangalore due to better roads and avg speeds but nevertheless 24 in city still is very good. Keep your car safe and dont use too much for it to last forever
Old 13th April 2012, 00:50   #6491
Senior - BHPian

^^
Just checked with a colleague who's in Bangalore & owns a Figo TDCi. He seems to be getting around 15-16 kmpl only in Bangalore & with a 100% AC, which is quite similar to your figures.

Last edited by blackfire_9 : 13th April 2012 at 00:55.
Old 13th April 2012, 07:49   #6492
Senior - BHPian

Can the increase in DTE divided by litres filled be taken an approximate FE ?
Old 13th April 2012, 10:40   #6493
Senior - BHPian

I think so because the DTE is supposed to calculate the figures based on the driving pattern over the last 500 kms. So, it should give a ballpark figure, but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 11:09   #6494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Yep, this is nearly accurate, at least in Figo's. However, I calculate FE when DTE is near zero. I think this method is as accurate as tankful method or even more accurate. Example-

Last time filling-
DTE = 6km
Odo = 5600km
Fill up = Rs1000
Fuel = Rs1000/65.64Rs/L = 15.23L

Current filling-
DTE = 4km
Odo = 5794km
Distance covered since last fill up = (4 + 5794) - (6 + 5600) = 192km

Result
FE = 192km / 15.23L = 12.6 km/L

How is this method as accurate as tankful method?
How exactly do you know that your tank is full? No way! Try tilting the car a bit by pushing it sideways and attempt to fill petrol again. It will accept more petrol! If your car is on a bit inclination, it will accept way less petrol than the car which is on level.
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2012, 11:17   #6495
BHPian

Quote:
Fellow FIGOains, good to be posting again on this thread after long time ! I am one of the initial customer of Figo (TDCi Titanium), bought in first week of Apr 2010...
Mine's too - Apr 2010.Have done only 15k till now , mostly Bangalore city and occasional long ones.
I get around 16 in city with 95% A.C and 21 on highways.
But this one time I came close to 17 in city !

Maybe I'm not that observant or just plain lucky - I rarely hear the squeaks in my car thought * touch wood *.

Only few complains :
1.Low GC ! I clench my "you-know-what" every time I cross the darn humps.

2.The black plastics , especially the one on the bumper is fading away. Looks quite tired. Maybe it's because of the bore well hard water.
Besides, I don't want to paint the plastic black - it's a bit odd for my liking.

3.Headlights - The lower stance along with the excuse of headlight makes even simple night time drive stressful.

But I do agree with you Revy though, It's a VFM car and I'm quite happy with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks