Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2012, 09:05   #6451
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

@Dhinchak: Its same fate all over. Most of the A.S.S.C's run behind useless money making tricks like coatings and teflons and are least bothered about their basic job of servicing a car according to recommendations. IMO You need to run around and supervise yourself of the progress on your car.

@tgo: Idle car is perfect home for rats. Make sure that there is some activity in the car everyday. Opening the hood and dusting the engine bay can be one of the activity. I tried all sorts of anti rat measures, but failed.
Old 8th April 2012, 11:09   #6452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Got the service done at the same place. Do you drive a Petrol figo?
I strictly told them I do not want all these useless things done to the car .
Wheel Balancing was not done, I plan to get this done outside the A.S.S
Mine is a ZXi Petrol version. At present I really dont see a big difference between the Petrol and diesel servicing cost.
Old 8th April 2012, 16:16   #6453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
@Dhinchak: Its same fate all over. Most of the A.S.S.C's run behind useless money making tricks like coatings and teflons and are least bothered about their basic job of servicing a car according to recommendations. IMO You need to run around and supervise yourself of the progress on your car.
I was actually surprised by the way he agreed to cancel the charges so easily.

Can somebody tell what an A/C cowl filter is? And where it is located.
Old 8th April 2012, 20:41   #6454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak
Can somebody tell what an A/C cowl filter is? And where it is located.
You might be referring to the AC Cabin Filter.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ford-figo.html
Old 8th April 2012, 22:46   #6455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
I asked, what about Brake Fluid and Clutch Fluid?

I also, asked will they be changing the A/C cowl filter?
My SA told me brake fluid and clutch fluids are topped up only if found less. They are not replaced.

I dont think they touch any of the AC filters with even a barge pole!
Old 9th April 2012, 08:49   #6456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
You might be referring to the AC Cabin Filter.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ford-figo.html
Yes, this is the one they replaced for me. Not exactly sure what was actually supposed to be replaced as per the Service Booklet.
Old 9th April 2012, 11:50   #6457
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, by default Figo comes with a single horn which is not even good to get the dogs to move out of the way on our roads . Ford dealers were non-committal in upgrading it for me and told me that I can get it done outside without voiding electrical warranty as long as I dont get any wires cut.

When I went to get it upgraded outside, they found the horn connector to be quite a custom design and said cant upgrade without atleast removing the wire insulation. I have left it untouched for now due to warranty concerns. Any inputs or ideas on how to handle this? I dont think I can wait 3 yrs for warranty to get over to do this. I will go nuts by then.
Old 9th April 2012, 12:57   #6458
BHPian

Don't know about the horns in current cars, but my September 2010 car has dual horns. One on the either side behind the front bumper. I noticed the same when i got the fogs fitted. Both the horns were different in color.
Old 9th April 2012, 14:32   #6459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Don't know about the horns in current cars, but my September 2010 car has dual horns. One on the either side behind the front bumper. I noticed the same when i got the fogs fitted. Both the horns were different in color.
you are right, apparently till sometime in 2011 all models came with dual horn and now current ones have single horn only.
Old 9th April 2012, 20:44   #6460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhinchak View Post
Got my 20K service done at Delhi Ford, Vasant Kunj. I wanted to try out Delhi Ford, Vasant Kunj as I had heard some good reviews about them from this forum. But, sad to say that I was not too impressed by them.
This comes as no surprise to me because during the initial days while I was finalizing on the dealer, they were the least professional of the lot. I had visited their Safdarjung Enclave & Vasant Kunj outlets & the response was pathetic.

To quote just one & the most recent example, somebody from their Vasant Kunj showroom gave me a call today to check if I had made up my mind on buying the Figo & this after 1.5 months of my last interaction with them.
This came as a shocker since the last time I had interacted with them, they were supposed to get back to me with the details of delivery periods & final offers, which they never did despite numerous calls that I had made to them as reminders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Hey guys, by default Figo comes with a single horn which is not even good to get the dogs to move out of the way on our roads . Ford dealers were non-committal in upgrading it for me and told me that I can get it done outside without voiding electrical warranty as long as I dont get any wires cut.

When I went to get it upgraded outside, they found the horn connector to be quite a custom design and said cant upgrade without atleast removing the wire insulation. I have left it untouched for now due to warranty concerns. Any inputs or ideas on how to handle this? I dont think I can wait 3 yrs for warranty to get over to do this. I will go nuts by then.
Hey mate, a fellow Bhpian "desideep" got the horns replaced in his Figo some time back with those Skoda types. I am not sure how the installer went about doing the job but you could check with him & see if you can get some insights. I would suggest sending him a PM.
blackfire_9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2012, 22:51   #6461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post

HI Tinu, the trick is that you dont cut any wires, thats it, now i am not sure if the new car comes with the relay inbuilt.check the relay box for the same if it has a horn relay, just ask a good electrision to add some extra wiring and add the horms thats it.
Old 10th April 2012, 07:39   #6462
BHPian

hi.
I am reading this thread since long, posting a query now. Earlier Figos use to get music system in EXi versions, but it seems Ford Is not offer in it in ExI version anymore.
So along with that what are other changes in 2010 Exi & 2012 Exi models? (Despite the increased price).
It will be great if someone can post the pic of Dashboard of his Exi (possibly one of 2010 & one recent).

One more query, as my uses will b very limited, will it make sense to buy a petrol Figo considering its less average? What will b the resale value after 3-4 years?

TIA.
Old 10th April 2012, 09:20   #6463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
hi.
I am reading this thread since long, posting a query now. Earlier Figos use to get music system in EXi versions, but it seems Ford Is not offer in it in ExI version anymore.
So along with that what are other changes in 2010 Exi & 2012 Exi models? (Despite the increased price).

TIA.
The tachometer has been removed from the EXI. All in all there seems to be a hike of 40-45K compared to EXI of 2010 if you consider the price of music system and 1K or 2K for tachometer.

Ford manual says "Keep RPM below 3K before first service" I am going to ask ford about this "how are you expecting us to know the RPM of engine in EXI and LXI version". Seriously stupid move by Ford to remove tachometer in EXI. I don't think one can get aftermarket tacho fitted since it might void warranty!
Old 10th April 2012, 11:18   #6464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
HI Tinu, the trick is that you dont cut any wires, thats it, now i am not sure if the new car comes with the relay inbuilt.check the relay box for the same if it has a horn relay, just ask a good electrision to add some extra wiring and add the horms thats it.
Yes not cutting or peeling the wire is turning out to be a challenge. The connector to the single horn looks like a ford Custom design and the male version is not available in the market, hence the guy said he will peel off the insulation which I didnt want to do. Not sure about relay as well. Will find out and also try at few more electricians.
Old 10th April 2012, 11:56   #6465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad_maniac View Post
One more query, as my uses will b very limited, will it make sense to buy a petrol Figo considering its less average? What will b the resale value after 3-4 years?

TIA.
Is there any specific reason why you are looking at a petrol Figo? I drive a TDCi and had a chance to drive a petrol Figo for a week. I will just say I was not impressed with the power of the car. Add to that a mileage of around 10-11 in the city with AC.
If at all you make up your mind to go for a petrol hatch, take a look at the Etios Liva, or the Honda brio. I'm just suggesting these without knowing your exact needs though.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks