Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 15:07   #6271
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
That's alarming! I had booked this page https://www.facebook.com/FordFigo/posts/127323260637592. Now this page is gone. The discussion board from their Facebook page is also gone. Riding on Figo's success, is Ford going back to their smug and cold attitude? Oh please, don't let it happen!
Take a chill pill dude. The discussion board was closed by facebook itself and not Ford.
Old 7th March 2012, 15:59   #6272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
My Jan 2011 FigoTDCI Titanium is with the FASS today for the rough sound in the 1000 - 1300 RPM range. My car has done 14000km and the issue was not replicated on another Figo done 16000. Seems like the issue discussed earlier (Post 5157) related to "timing idler pulley and belt tensioner". Will update if and when its resolved.
[Update] After opening up the Timing belt and cleaning everything up, the Ghrrr is back at 1200 RPM. I have requested them to try to change the tensioner, in case that helps. The SENIOR Engineer said that the noise is normal and come from the water pump, I doubt it. Anybody have any information or experience with this, please help me get rid of this annoyance.
Old 7th March 2012, 16:09   #6273
BHPian

I consistently get 20+ in Delhi/Gurgaon traffic (without AC). *touchwood*

The max I have achieved is 23+, this included 500 Km on the Delhi-Jaipur Highway(with 50% AC, and speed hovering around the 100Kph mark), and the rest in city with no AC.

I have done multiple trips between Delhi and Chandigarh, and this is my observation - even if you travel at 80-100Kph on the highway with 80% AC, you will easily get 22+.
Old 8th March 2012, 15:21   #6274
Senior - BHPian

@ALL: Guys, does any one of you use car body cover for your Figo? If yes, could you please share what size you went in for?

I recently purchased a cover for my Figo owing to Holi today & it is just too tight. I still managed to put it on but the cover is too tight & I am afraid I might have scratched the paint in the process.

I am now looking for a cover that's big enough to be put on & taken off with ease.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:36   #6275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
@ALL: Guys, does any one of you use car body cover for your Figo? If yes, could you please share what size you went in for?

I recently purchased a cover for my Figo owing to Holi today & it is just too tight. I still managed to put it on but the cover is too tight & I am afraid I might have scratched the paint in the process.

I am now looking for a cover that's big enough to be put on & taken off with ease.
Sorry to learn about the scratched paint. I use a cover for my figo. It is the company manufactured one which i bought from the service outlet. It very comfortably fits my car. No problems whatsoever. And i dont think the cover comes in different sizes. There's only one standard size for the figo. If you have bought it from Ford, please check it up.
Old 8th March 2012, 16:46   #6276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire_9 View Post
Why don't you try the original Figo cover. I bought one with my car.
It's little pricey (I think I paid 1000/-), but it fits just perfect and the quality is also not bad (parachute material).

Last edited by nimbleguru : 8th March 2012 at 16:48. Reason: Sorry, Danush beat me to it :)
Old 8th March 2012, 18:22   #6277
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the responses guys, will check out the original cover tomorrow. However, just read up about the Tyvek covers & though pricey, they seem to be worth the price.

I have put up a query asking fellow Bhpians to guide me towards some place in Delhi/NCR where I may be able to find them, would check them out as well before taking a call. And I would also update this thread in case somebody wants to get them for their Figo.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Sorry to learn about the scratched paint. I use a cover for my figo. It is the company manufactured one which i bought from the service outlet. It very comfortably fits my car. No problems whatsoever. And i dont think the cover comes in different sizes. There's only one standard size for the figo. If you have bought it from Ford, please check it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
Why don't you try the original Figo cover. I bought one with my car.
It's little pricey (I think I paid 1000/-), but it fits just perfect and the quality is also not bad (parachute material).
Old 8th March 2012, 19:31   #6278
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone get a booming noise from the turbo? I have been getting the sound for the past few days after not using it for a while.
Old 9th March 2012, 10:17   #6279
Senior - BHPian

hey Folks, I received delivery of my Figo TDCi Titanium day before yesterday. I must say I am loving every bit of it. Colour is white. Looks great on the car and also makes it look bigger than in dark colours . Car costed 7.05 lacs on road in bangalore with ex show room of 5.90 lac. Got the car from Lathangi ford. With no cash discounts on diesel, show room gave me 3rd yr warranty free plus decent set of accessories including sun film, car cover, so called 3M Teflon ( i know team bhp does not recommend it but it was free ), scuff plates, side door beading.

Showroom experience was quite decent. Got the car within 3 days of booking. I actually pulled in my buying decision suspecting price hikes in upcoming budget. Detailed initial ownership report coming soon.

Last edited by supertinu : 9th March 2012 at 10:19. Reason: few more details added
Old 9th March 2012, 11:47   #6280
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SushantV View Post
Not that I am disliking the magic number of 24+, I just want to be sure that I am not missing out on anything.
Can somebody comment on this ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
Secondly, travelling everywhere at 80 kph is actually very beneficial for mileage in your Figo. If you want to check this, the next time you do a similar trip, drive everywhere at 100 to 120, instead of the 80 you did here, and see how your mielage will drop.
Congragulations on the new car and have lots of miles of happy motoring with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Very sensible driving. And clean fuel.
+1. The higher the speeds, the lower the FE.
I have got about 21-22 kmpl on my Ikon TDCi when it was brand new, and this was at speeds of about 90-100.
Yes Absolutely. 20+ is easily attainable. I have got 25+ when I did 90km distance at 80kmph with 100% AC in NH45 (Trichy Chennai highway). After that I have to take a diversion into a SH. I did a tankfull immediately and it consumed 3.5litres giving a good mileage. (Have updated in my ownership report in detail).

CONSTANT speed is the key for better mileage and after 2k rpm, the mileage drops gradually.Fuel quality, tire sizes, road quality, air pressure, load - all influence mileage of a vehicle.

Heard that Logan always (Renault 1.5DCI) give 20+ even at 100kmph.
Figo definitely gives the best mileage at 80kmph (in 5th gear).

Last edited by RGK : 9th March 2012 at 11:59.
Old 9th March 2012, 11:52   #6281
Senior - BHPian

Congrats tinu! It's a good buy & a wise decision to have bought the car before the price hike.

I am also in the process of writing my car's ownership review, would update it shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
hey Folks, I received delivery of my Figo TDCi Titanium day before yesterday. I must say I am loving every bit of it. Colour is white. Looks great on the car and also makes it look bigger than in dark colours . Car costed 7.05 lacs on road in bangalore with ex show room of 5.90 lac. Got the car from Lathangi ford. With no cash discounts on diesel, show room gave me 3rd yr warranty free plus decent set of accessories including sun film, car cover, so called 3M Teflon ( i know team bhp does not recommend it but it was free ), scuff plates, side door beading.

Showroom experience was quite decent. Got the car within 3 days of booking. I actually pulled in my buying decision suspecting price hikes in upcoming budget. Detailed initial ownership report coming soon.
Old 9th March 2012, 11:59   #6282
Senior - BHPian

18.32 with 70% a/c usage all with in city! But it sounds like a locomotive, damn!
Old 9th March 2012, 12:27   #6283
BHPian

Like many others, I am in search of a new diesel hatch back with the following priorities:
1. Onroad price within 6.5L (can adjust another 20-30K) with ABS in Pune
2. Good space and back seat comfort within city speed of less than or equal to 60 km/hr. My wife and son will be driven a lot in this car in City.
3. Should be easy to drive as I will be driving it over the week ends. I am a relaxed driver by the way.
4. Good fuel efficiency
5. Should be very reliable as my 55K odo Getz 1.3L petrol
6. I am ready to compromise on looks, interior, music system if the above requirement is met.

May be I am asking to much from a hatch. From TBHP reviews, shortlisted and checked Liva GD and Figo TDCI Titanium. Following are my observations, please correct me if I am wrong:

1. Figo Titanium is more VFM with 6.67L onroad (though no rear power window which was needed by my family seating at the back. Liva GD as 6.36L onroad gets ABS and all power windows, but still is little expensive with the absence of Taco, rear wiper, alloys etc. Even mud flap is not free with Liva GD. Both have less waiting time in Pune.
2. After owning Getz, Figo space seems less to me, especially at the back. Also the back seat has a hump at the middle which would make the 3rd person little difficult to adjust. Space in Liva is definitely more than Figo and the rear seat is total flat to accomodate three. But the Liva rear seats are little thinner compared to my liking. I would have preferred some more cushioning.
3. Moving at a speed of 40-50 km/hr, I felt Liva absorbs bumps better than Figo. But I drove Figo on bad road at 80 km/hr and it stayed well planted at those speeds. I liked it. I dont think Liva would be so well planted at those speeds.
4. I did not like the interior of either Figo or Liva. But as I said, interior is not my priority. At 6.5L, I will not get everything.
5. Both the cars are very easy to drive. Liva seemed a tad more easier to drive. Reports said, Liva would be more fuel efficient.
6. With Figo, I was feeling lack of power many times while driving. I get the same feeling even in my Getz. The problem disappears after downshifting. Liva has an advantage here. I did not feel lack of power while driving Liva, very little need for down shifting.
7. There was a humming sound from the diesel engine in Figo through out the test drive. Even though Liva has less sound insulation, it does not have irritating sound at low rpms. May be Figo test-drive vehicle was not well maintained.
8. Figo has a better build compared to Liva. Does that mean Liva will rattle more than Figo after few years?

It seems I am tilting towards Liva. Need to have one more test drive of both the cars. Should I check Vista also? I am not sure.

Micra and Pulse are out of my choice due to lack of ABS.
Old 9th March 2012, 12:39   #6284
BHPian

^^ Considering your requirements, Vista VX would tick most boxes. Why don't you check it out?
Old 9th March 2012, 13:31   #6285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
^^ Considering your requirements, Vista VX would tick most boxes. Why don't you check it out?
Do you think it will meet the reliability issue in long run like a toyota or a ford? Thats the only point holding me back. Anyway, I will check it once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks