Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2012, 10:15   #6256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Did my Ford FIGO TDCi Titanium drink some magic potion ?

People with Figo get somewhere about 14-15 in city and 18-19 in highways. In case you are very cautios about FE and dont go over 80, then may be you can achieve 20-21. 24 is not impossible but definitely very hard to achieve.

I also see you have upsized the tyres which means your actual FE is even higher. With bigger dia you are traveling more that what the ODO is recording. Kudos!

Now I think there can be a few reasons for this magic number.
1) Maybe you are a very good economical driver. But still 18 to 24 is no Joke.
2) Make sure the odometer reading is correct. Cross check it via GPS.
3) Maintain proper tyre pressure.

Man you are getting 24 KMPL. Why bother. Floor it some more and have fun. You have spent a lot of money on buying the car. Why not spend some more. Maintaining 80 in an open highway is boring.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:30   #6257
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Any idea what are changes in the headlamp cluster? Wonder why Ford is offering only the new headlamps and not the whole cluster for the pre-Sept 2011 owners.
I can think of two reasons-
1. Too costly to recall all the Figo's.
2. Negative news generated by the recall.

Quote:
On the Facebook Figo page, there was a discussions section earlier where owners reported and discussed the problems they faced. That seems to have disappeared now!
That's alarming! I had booked this page https://www.facebook.com/FordFigo/posts/127323260637592. Now this page is gone. The discussion board from their Facebook page is also gone. Riding on Figo's success, is Ford going back to their smug and cold attitude? Oh please, don't let it happen!
Old 7th March 2012, 10:44   #6258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
I have driven the Alto and Figo Extensively and can vouch for the brakes in figo. The Alto's brake fade to a very higher degree on the highway. Even the feel and bite isn't confidence inspiring. Figo's brakes on the other hand feels precise and effective though a bit more bite would be welcomed!

As for the engine bay wash, i strictly stop even the FASS guys to wash the engine because they use the same body wash pressure to wash the engine bay. Rather than falling into a break-down and seeing FASS raise their hands, i prefer the engine bay to remain as it is. Though i wipe it with wet cloth every month and it really works!
A high pressure air wash instead of a water wash would be good enough to remove most of the dust and waste from the engine bay...
Yes, the wet cloth wipe also works well if the car is parked in a covered car park. However, not sure if it would be enough if the car is parked in the open with leaves/flowers/dust etc. getting into it.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:59   #6259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
Here's a silly question :

I bought my Figo on May 2011 and it'll be 2 years soon.
My key seems to loose it's juice (battery low ??).
Now I need to press very hard and at least twice or thrice to unlock the doors or the boot.

Is this happening to anybody ?
Can I take my keys to a watch repair shop and get the battery replaced or should I take it to SC ?

Thanks,
nimbleguru.
Coincidentally, I bought my Figo in May 2010. Touch wood, so far, key fob works OK.

Try replacing the battery. It is a standard watch battery size, you should get it in any electronics shop. Exact size specification is in your owners manual. With an electricians small screwdriver, you should be able to replace the battery yourself.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 11:03   #6260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
I can think of two reasons-
1. Too costly to recall all the Figo's.
2. Negative news generated by the recall.
Not exactly a recall. They could offer it to those who would like to opt for it at cost, just like the headlamp upgrade.
Old 7th March 2012, 11:24   #6261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Did you mean May 2010? Wondering how it can be 2 years old now
Thanks , I meant May 2010.

@Blow Horn Ok,@Figopian,@Deep Blue : Thank you. I think I better check it with the service center guys.

Thinking aloud here : Is my Figo oldest or was it gemithomas ? hmmm...
Old 7th March 2012, 11:39   #6262
BHPian

The oldest ones here belong to the THOMASES. I think the first one belongs to JOETHOMAS and the second one,GEMITHOMAS
Old 7th March 2012, 11:40   #6263
Senior - BHPian

24 is not something you should be surprised or worried about. My baddy mate, who hails from Kerala does a trip back to Kerala once every month. His Figo Diesel gives him consistently 20+ over the trip and near 17 within City with AC on most of the times.

Since he has bought Diesel Figo he has kept the Petrol Esteem in his hometown, probably only to drive it once every month.

Congratulations on a wonderful and sensible purchase.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 7th March 2012 at 11:43.
Old 7th March 2012, 11:41   #6264
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats SushantV.

You are a very sensible driver!. In your case, not only the vehicle is eco friendly, but also the driver. With the added benefit of being safe at those speeds. Keep up the good work!

And, yes, 24+kmpl is very much achievable in the Figo.

We have personally achieved 13kmpl as well as 23kmpl in the Figo, on highways. All that matters is the style of driving, quality of fuel, and condition of vehicle,roads.

Also, most speedo's are optimistic to about ~3% (show more speed), in your case, the upsize should trim it down to correct levels, and you should be seeing the correct speed in the speedo, and the distance in the odo.

Once again, keep up the good work!. Drive Safe mate!
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 11:48   #6265
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to the figo club. I regularly get 24+ on highway runs, in TN and KA. Kerala highways are a different story altogether though!!
Old 7th March 2012, 13:41   #6266
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase. Great to know you have managed to tame your dragon. Achieving 24kmpl is indeed a great feat. Maybe you could share a few tricks here.
Old 7th March 2012, 13:44   #6267
BHPian

My Jan 2011 FigoTDCI Titanium is with the FASS today for the rough sound in the 1000 - 1300 RPM range. My car has done 14000km and the issue was not replicated on another Figo done 16000. Seems like the issue discussed earlier (Post 5157) related to "timing idler pulley and belt tensioner". Will update if and when its resolved.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:34   #6268
Senior - BHPian

I was driving in the NH7, when DTE showed 70 and fuel warning lamp lit up on the console. I continued to drive, searching for a HP bunk(that is what i felt makes the 1.4 tdci smoother, personal opinion).

The DTE rapidly decreased to 50-ish within 2/3 kms. This when i was driving at 80kmph/No AC. So i filled in at the next bunk(IOC).

Now, why did this rapid decrease happen?

Last edited by ramzsys : 7th March 2012 at 14:39.
Old 7th March 2012, 14:44   #6269
BHPian

Whoa ! Now those are some great FE figures for the Figo.

As condor said, its mostly becuase of the contant cruising at a speed of 80 and good quality fuel.

Don't think the low rolling restance XM1's have much considerable contribution.

BTW, Congrats on your purchase.
Old 7th March 2012, 15:03   #6270
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The oldest ones here belong to the THOMASES. I think the first one belongs to JOETHOMAS and the second one,GEMITHOMAS
Absolutely. Both bought in March 2010 - first batch of Figo.

Made a trip to Tirupathi yesterday. Left rear and dash board squeaks are back again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks